Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago
PPl who r raving abt Kareena can please tell which award winning performance she has really given...jab we met was loud. omkara was OK...chameli she looked the part but there was not much of acting in there and HEROINE we all know how badly she overacted.
coming to karishma, she made it to the top by doing all those silly govinda and salman comedies but redeemed her career when she did movies like Fiza, Shakti the power and Zubeidaa...

I don't think Kareena can ever play that Scene played by karisma when she mourns Jaya's death in Fiza that scene just gave an account of Karishma's talent which was unutilized Kareena can't even come close to her...ITS MY OPEN CHALLENGE to her..even if she attempts that scene, she would fall like a pack of cards
Edited by Dark_Phoenix - 6 years ago
Mistyy thumbnail
^^^that is literally one of the best scenes by any leading actress, gave me goosebumps watching it.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
For those questioning Kareena, please watch: 
Udta Punjab
Ki&Ka
Ek Main Aura Ekk Tu 
Talaash
Kurbaan

You'll have your answer. Karisma probably worked in a time period where movies were more loud, but I've never found Lolo to be subtle in acting. Kareena at least has learned that. Even in a pathetic film like Gori Tere Pyaar Main, she was so understated and has amazing screen presence. 

And lets not even bother with Heroine as one of her bests. The whole film as a huge train wreck. 
Edited by desigal90 - 6 years ago
.Advni. thumbnail
Karisma felt every emotion when she acted, she was the character, she literally made me cry in movies like fiza, shakti and zubeidaa, i doubt kareena can ever do those roles, and nor does kareena have the ability to make fun of herself and be goofy like karisma, that needs a special talent, she was a delight to watch in david dhawan movies too. Furthermore karisma has a national award and kareena does not.
Anyway while we are discussing acting, just wanted to share that i just recently watched sridevi's judaai, and man she acted so brilliantly, she is such a natural, the way she executed her character's desperation and sadness, my goodness, made me cry so much.
Edited by .Advni. - 6 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Advni.

nor does kareena have the ability to make fun of herself and be goofy like karisma, that needs a special talent, she was a delight to watch in david dhawan movies too. Furthermore karisma has a national award and kareena does not.

Really? What was jab we met? Geet was the ultimate goofball yet so adorable. πŸ˜†
.Advni. thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

Really? What was jab we met? Geet was the ultimate goofball yet so adorable. πŸ˜†

kareena was basically playing any 4 lions heroine in that movie, thats not being goofy and doing super weird crap in order to make people laugh, she was dressed well, she was calculative with what she did and didn't do, thats not letting urself lose in the moment and just being a complete goofball like govinda or karisma 
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Advni.

kareena was basically playing any 4 lions heroine in that movie, thats not being goofy and doing super weird crap in order to make people laugh, she was dressed well, she was calculative with what she did and didn't do, thats not letting urself lose in the moment and just being a complete goofball like govinda or karisma 

You mean David Dhawan letting lose? that's called overacting my friend, which isn't really appreciated these days. If David Dhawan acting is your benchmark for good goofy acting then well... πŸ˜†
.Advni. thumbnail

You mean David Dhawan letting lose? that's called overacting my friend, which isn't really appreciated these days. If David Dhawan acting is your benchmark for good goofy acting then well... πŸ˜†

at least her "overacting" made people laugh unlike kareena who is just plain irritating, and i am sorry but even geet in jwm was over the top, it can totally be considered overacting also, and don't get me started on gems like MPKDH and HEROINE
desigal90 thumbnail
Well, Geet also made people laugh, if that's your benchmark again. 
No one mentioned MPKDH. If you wanna mention Kareena's worst, wanna talk about Karisma in Andaaz Apna Apna? That voice lol.
So let's stick to their best comparisons instead of bringing in their worst performances of their earlier years. 
Edited by desigal90 - 6 years ago
.Advni. thumbnail

No one mentioned MPKDH. If you wanna mention Kareena's worst, wanna talk about Karisma in Andaaz Apna Apna? That voice lol.

So let's stick to their best comparisons instead of bringing in their worst performances of their earlier years. 

yes why not lets compare, i don't think karisma was even half as irritating or overacted half as much in andaz apna apna as kareena did in mpkdhπŸ˜† i watch andaz apna apna to this day, mpkdh i cannot stand even for a second, and mind u andaz apna apna was a legit comedy, mpkdh became a comedy due to bad actingπŸ˜†