Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

That’s so funny 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

She’s making her sister Kareena sound like some bimbo. I think karishma just wanted her name to sound cool or western. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I am equally as confused as seen by my thread below where I needed answers from people. And now, I find that Kareena has only further confused matters lol.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5341510

I still call and consider her Karishma. What I've heard is she was born Karisma but changed it to Karishma because she was told this name would be luckier for her in films and make her a star. Which it did but then she changed it back to Karisma but it seems Kareena didn't get the memo...or she is like the rest of us and refuses to change.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Growing up I always heard it as Karishma, there’s a reason Kareena mispronounced it too, your sibling doesn’t mispronounce your name like that smiley37

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

She always used to introduce herself as “karizzzma” in the 90s award shows and interviews and stuff 

It always sounded phony like she thought karishma was too behenji or something and wants to sound cooler 

No body knows her as “karizzzma” in her 20 odd year career 

It’s like that mean girls moment …”Gretchen stop trying to make fetch happen…it’s not going to happen”

Edited by pathaka - a month ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

As far as I know her birthname is Karisma and her actress name alternated between Karishma (first movie and others) and Karisma (second movie and others).

Since OmShantOm she was always credited as Karisma.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

There is no confusions here.

Her real name is KarisHma (means Miracle in Hindi/Urdu)

and NOT Karisma/charisma (means charm in English).

She used charisma/Karisma few times in her career to sound cool or different , just like famous Pakistani actress Mawra uses Hocane instead of Hussain for her last name.

The REAL CONFUSION for me is WHY Kajal who is always been addressed rightfully as KAJAL (hindi name) by Ajay in his interviews, by her sister Tanisha and mom Tanuja in biggboss and in all of their interviews, by Kjo and all of her colleagues always addressed KAJAL as KAJAL only, always...then WHY the film titles, audience and media always writes the Bengali version of her name KAJOL and not the Hindi version of her name KAJAL just like her family and ferternity ?

Any answer for this?

-------------------

Edited by sharaban - a month ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Some comments r so hilarious under this video clip...just read

😂😂🤣🤣🤣

(If her own sister Kareena is calling her KarisHma than obviously it is KsrisHma only, and not Karizzzzma or Charisma or Karisma)

https://ibb.co/pxcCKJK

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

I guess no one is 90s ever called her karisma..she was always karishma kapoor..and it is funny how even kareena is calling her karishma here..