Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

PART 12:

Khushi sat dazed, her mind going over the events that had occurred in this very room barely an  hour ago. It just couldn't be, that after all this waiting...after all the hope she had carried in her heart, she would be subjected to hearing such ...words...from Dia no less! She had just finished chatting with Dadi and was on her way back from the bathroom when Dia walked into the house. She had been stunned to say the least. Her eyes darted from an apprehensive looking Dia to the other occupants in the living room. Dadi, Arnav, Anjali... quietly, she turned and headed up to her room...

Dia walked over to the far side of the room and stood, watching Khushi warily. She had expected Khushi to start railing at her as soon as she spotted her, but a calm Khushi, she didn't understand. And that scared her even more. Or was this the calm before the storm? Either way, her sister gingerly made her way to the bed and sat down, clasping her hands in her lap. Her full attention turned on Dia. It seemed the way to go was to try tears.

"Explain," was all Khushi said.

"I...woh...Didi," Dia stammered, looking like she was about to cry, "It's not what you think."

"Really Dia?" she asked softly, "And what do I think?"

"Didi please...just hear me out."

"I'm all ears," Khushi said, her expression unsettlingly unreadable.

Dia looked at her sister. This Khushi, she did not recognize. Her eyes were steady and her demeanor very still. She sighed heavily. This was not going to be any easier than she had anticipated. She gave up trying tears.

"Look Didi, I know you're hurt and I have let you down. But all of this happened so fast and even I barely had time to catch my breath."

Khushi raised an imperious brow, "So in the last week I have been trying to reach you...the last week I have been in Mumbai waiting for you to show up and explain yourself, you're telling me it was all too fast?"

Dia looked annoyed, "You know how you get when you're upset. Your righteous anger doesn't let you see in front of yourself and arguing with you is a drag."

"How stupid do you think I am Dia? How long have you been carrying on this charade?"

"It is not a charade Didi. There is no pretense between Arnav and myself. We both know what we're getting into..."

"Do you, Dia? Do you really know what you're getting into? A life time of tolerating each other in close quarters? From what I have seen so far you're not even proud to be with him. If you ask me, I think you're in over your head and you're just too arrogant to even admit it!" Khushi was up from the bed now, "What would your parents say? That I didn't teach you anything? Is this how you repay all the sacrifices I made for you? The trust I gave you? You go and attach yourself to the highest bidder?"

"Didi!" her face contorted in anger.

"Don't Didi me!" Khushi snapped, "I thought Payal would be the one to do something this stupid, but you? I trusted that you at least had a good head on your shoulders..."

"O wake up Didi!" Dia cut her off, shocking Khushi into silence, "What do you think? That everyone is content to live in a village, chase around goats and mow fields every other day? Well I made up my mind that that would never be me. Never! If you want to do that with Nahar bhai that's your decision. But you will not make that decision for me. I'm after what he can give me and he needs a woman to bear him children, and that's where you..." she paused mid-sentence, her eyes widening as though she realized she was going too far, "...well...," she said, her demeanor becoming a little guarded, "Look Didi, if not me, then some other woman will do it, so why not me? You're the one who's in over your head Didi. You think cutting it close with the mortgage on the haveli is my idea of fun?"

"What?" Khushi paled, as she watched her sister metamorphose into the stranger she perceived she had become.

"Oh yes," she said, "Payal and I have known about it for months now. We also know about the sick bank manager who tried to force you when you went to ask for an extension. Tell me, what would you have done if the Rathores hadn't showed up?" At Khushi's still stunned face, she continued, taking bold steps toward her sister, "Exactly. You would have had to start selling stuff or worse, move us out of that rambling pile of rubble!"

The cracking sound of skin on skin sliced the room. Dia found herself sprawled on the floor, momentarily stunned. Blood seeped from her mouth. Surprised from the stinging slap, she touched her cheek and came away with red stains on her palm. She looked at Khushi with shock.

"That pile of rubble...was your home for most of your life. The only sanctuary you had from the trials of life that threatened to swallow us up." Khushi said in a calm voice, looking at Dia as though she had really just seen her for the first time, "You move into this place and suddenly your h..." she paused, unable to say the words, "The place you grew up...is now a pile of rubble?"

She tiredly dragged herself to the bed and lowered her drained form ever so slowly into it, backing Dia who now sat on the floor, focused on the blood in her hands.

"To hear all this I had to come to Mumbai? You could have just told me on the phone. It would have been much easier to bear. I wouldn't have had to look in your face as you looked down on your own family...your own heritage. Thank God your parents aren't here to see what you've become," she continued softly, "It would have killed them. I will have to face them some day, but I still don't think I can explain this given a thousand years," a soft but bitter laugh escaped her as a lone tear slid down her left cheek, "You want wealth and position Dia? You want power? Go ahead then. Be Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada. But when it all comes down around your ears, don't say I didn't warn you."

Dia got to her feet, "Didi..."

"Get out," Khushi said softly, turning further away from her, "I think we've both said all that needs saying."

Dia stood indecisive for a few seconds, then deciding against pursuing the subject, turned and left the room after casting a sad look in Khushi's direction. As the door shut behind her, Khushi eased sideways and curled up on the bed, the tears flowing more freely as she remembered the venomous words Dia had spouted at her. Was it her fault for giving them this much freedom? So many questions...so they had known about the mortgage all along. It all started to make sense now. That was why Payal never stayed in Mumbai to do holiday jobs, preferring to come home to help her, Dia refusing to take money from her, insisting she needed it more back home.

A splitting head ache washed over her mercilessly as she thought how blind she must have been to have shrugged off the things Masi kept saying to her about how blind she was in her love for Dia. How could she forget so easily? How? Huge sobs she muffled in the folds of her blanket shook her body as she cried her heart out, trying to make sense of the fiasco that had happened.

Arnav looked up as Dia exited the room, blood stain smeared on her lip. Giving a surprised glance at the audience she saw watching her, she bowed her head and hurried up the stairs. He got to his feet in an attempt to follow her, having heard the raised voices and the slap that followed, as had Dadi and Anjali who it seemed was in her own world.

"Let her be Arnav," Dadi said softly, "No good can come of going after her."

He sighed heavily. He hated being caught between two women. You just could never win in that situation. He looked at Khushi's door, a hundred percent sure she was crying in there. His mind went back to his chat with Dia when he picked her up. He was not surprised that Khushi did not and would not understand why, but all this had to be done. He realized he had nothing she wanted, and her family was the only way to force her hand. She would get over her hurt and pain soon enough, but for now, she had to go through all this...for now...

He turned to go to his room and his gaze fell on his sister who had her hand pressed up against her lips, staring at nothing in particular. He sighed again.

"Didi, are you alright?" he asked.

"Mmm?" she seemed startled at the sound of his voice, then clearing her throat self consciously, "I'm fine. I was just think of... something."

So saying, she got up and left them, going up to her room in quick steps, leaving the rest looking after her in curiosity.

"Dadi did something happen?" he turned to ask, "What's wrong with her?"

"Khushi happened," Dadi said with a sad smile, "It seems Khushi felt the need to tell her some home truths after Anjali and her kitty friends tried to show her up. Apparently she seems to have gotten through to her about the state of her home and her marriage."

"Really?" Arnav asked, glancing again at Khushi's door. "Khushi did that?"

"Yes, really," Dadi said, giving him a knowing look.

He didn't get it and just turned and walked away. He needed to get out. Three emotional women was not his cup of tea.

It was dinner time and all three women, Anjali, Khushi and Dia were missing from the table. It seemed no one had much of an appetite and finally Dadi had had to send their food to their rooms. She took Khushi's food to her room.

Knocking softly, she called out before turning the knob, "Khushi beti. I'm coming in." What she found was no surprise. Khushi stood over her bag, packing.

"Dadi," she said, stepping away from the light in a bid to try to hide her puffy eyes.

"I brought you dinner since you didn't come out," she said, signaling Hari to put the tray down on the dressing table.

"I'm sorry Dadi but...I'm not hungry," she said, knowing it was no use pretending in front of the wizened old woman.

Dadi shook her head with a sad smile, "You youngsters just don't know how to fight anymore. You may fight with each other, but never with food. Now come sit down," Dadi picked up the tray and set it on her lap, motioning Khushi to come and sit beside her. Taking a spoonful, she held it up to Khushi who hesitated, before taking it, chewing very, very slowly on the rice and chicken curry.

The feeding ritual continued in silence for a bit longer before she finally stopped Dadi, shaking her head in refusal to eat more.  Dadi nodded and set the tray away.

"You will leave us tomorrow?" she asked.

Khushi nodded slowly, "My work here is done. I have no reason to be here anymore."

"Don't be so sad Khushi. A choice has been made. Now the maker must live with the consequences."

"She shouldn't have to. You know they shouldn't be getting married Dadi...even you know it."

"Be that as it may, they are consenting adults. You just need to go back home, put this whole thing behind you and live happily with your Nahar. Theek?"

She shook her head, "I don't get it. She's more sensible than this...why?"

"It's a combination of things my dear, but you can't blame yourself for it."

Khushi shook her head as another persistent tear slid down her cheek and she swiped it away angrily.

"Come," Dadi scooted over and pulled her in to lay her head in her lap.

Khushi sighed at the familiar move she always employed to calm her younger cousins, "I miss my parents so much right now."

"Yes, it is only natural. Try to relax yourself will you? You have a long journey tomorrow and no way are you going to cry yourself to sleep. Okay?"

Khushi smiled, a tired smile against Dadi's lap, relaxing at the soothing sensation of her head being gently massaged by Dadi. Being so drained of energy, it was not long before her eyes began to droop.

Anjali stood pacing her bedroom. Her mind kept playing back the words Khushi had boldly uttered during their confrontation. Did she know something that she didn't quite say plainly? Sometimes she felt her husband's late hours were for that very reason but she could not afford to accuse him because she really had no proof. He used to fight with her a lot about her parties and friends and things but over the last few months, he had just stopped all together. She thought it was because she had finally gotten him to stop objectifying her and asking her to be the traditional bahu, but on hindsight? He had stopped caring...that was what happened and she had just been too blind to recognize it.

Had she already lost her husband to another woman? She remembered his defensiveness when she had asked why he would be staying late. She had always just believed he wouldn't dare because he and her very powerful brother worked in the same building and any hanky panky would be immediately reported. But even Arnav seemed to have distanced himself from their fights and quarrels. 

What have I done? What have I done, she asked herself repeatedly as she plopped down on her bed, staring unseeingly at the door through which her husband could walk in at any time. What was she to do? Confront him? Act like she didn't know? What?

Almost immediately, the door opened and the very object of her musings strolled in, but stopped short, seeing her sitting there looking dazed and confused. Shyam paused in the middle of tugging at his tie.

"Anjali?" he questioned with a deep frown as she continued to stare at him with wide eyes, "Anjali? What's the matter?"

"I..." the words just wouldn't form. Her mouth opened and closed with no sound exiting.

He came to stand over her, "What's the matter? Where is everyone?"

As he sat next to her, trying to get her to talk as she looked ready to lose it, she suddenly shook her head, taking his hand in hers as tears escaped her eyes.

"Anjali will you please just tell me what's going on?!" Shyam was now agitated, "Where's my mother?"

Anjali shook her head, "I did it...it was me wasn't it? I did this."

Confusion washed over him, "What? What are you talking about?"

Her hand came up to caress his face, confusing him even more, "I did this didn't I? It was all me."

"What...what did you do?" Shyam asked, looking at the door and wondering who he should call. His wife looked to be having a break down.

She shook her head turning away from him, "I should have listened. I should have," she said, wiping at her tears unceremoniously, "I really should have listened."

Shyam seemed to have given up, unsure what to make of his wife's strange behavior. "I'm calling your brother."

She however pulled him back down to the bed, shaking her head, "I'm fine...really. I'm...fine." So saying, she got up and headed into the bathroom without so much as a backward glance.

Shyam looked after her, bewildered. What in the world was going on with his wife?

ALL DONE!!!!

TBC...

agpin thumbnail
"He realized he had nothing she wanted, and her family was the only way to force her hand. She would get over her hurt and pain soon enough, but for now, she had to go through all this...for now..."

It seems likes its not Dia but Khushi that Arnav is interested in and this is just a way he has figured out to get her.
Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I knew it arnav is interested in khusi n to get her he is doing this engagement drama with dia but how will he be successful when khusi is deeply in love with nahar or this is also some kind of arrangement between khusi n nahar that arnav came to know n after that he is behind khusi n took help of dia.
laavanya4u thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Has Arnav gone insane and nuts??
He is behind Dia for bearing his children and No strings attached relationship??
Agreed that Khushi is like a Mother to her sisters. But their likes and priorities in their lives
may be different than hers!!
It's better that she should allow Payal n Dia to see this cruel world
Through their vision .
She should go ahead in her ambitions!!
Good that Khushi had made Anjali aware of the consequences of her Oh so proud acts in her married life.
Dadi was cute , adorable and practical!!
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What a wonderful story...I just came across... Khushi is so beautiful..Arnav is so mysterious..and what happen to Dia's boyfriend
Amita2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Interesting update!!!!!!
So, is Kushi the one Arnav is after..
Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

PART  13:

Khushi woke up very early the next morning, all set to leave Raizada Mansion. This place had given her nothing but pain. She wouldn't be coming back here anytime soon if she could help it. She had had a fitful night, but she had managed to sleep in spite of the nightmares that plagued her subconscious mind. It was already six and the skies still wore its velvet blue hue. She heard the servants tinkering around as they cleaned the living room and started on breakfast. She picked up her bag and opened the door. She exited and closed the door behind her, only to freeze as she surveyed the scene before her.

Dadi, Arnav and Shyam were all waiting for her as the others went about their business, cleaning. She frowned at them, but proceeded into the living room as they all stood, facing her.

"Dadi, Namaste," she said softly, looking at Shyam questioningly, but only sparing Arnav a fraction of a glance, "Saab theek toh hai?"

Dadi smiled, "Theek hi toh hai," she said, coming to cup Khushi's chin, "We just wanted to say goodbye properly. Your experience in our home may not have been pleasurable but I do so hope you will let us see you off properly."

"Dadi...Shyamji, there's no need for that," she said, coloring slightly, "And it wasn't all bad," she said, "I did get to meet some people I had longed to see for a few years now."

"Still, it was a great pleasure to meet you. Maybe one of these days I shall take a trip up to Chandigarh for the sole purpose of experiencing the life you told us about," Shyam said.

"I would like that very much," Khushi smiled genuinely, "I will be expecting you."

"I packed a few things I wanted you to take back with you," Dadi said, indicating as Hari and a few of the servants took some boxes and bags out of the house.

"Oh Dadi you shouldn't have! I can't impose anymore!" Khushi exclaimed, "Besides, there's only me travelling...I can't take all of this with me!"

"Nonsense!" Dadi said in her usual no nonsense manner, "These are gifts and no one turns down gifts. Okay?"

"Dadi..." she said, pouting now, looking at Shyam for help.

"I'm sorry I can't help there kiddo," Shyam said, "I'd take it without a fuss if I were you."

Khushi frowned and crossed her hands in front of her like a petulant child, causing Dadi and Shyam to chuckle.

Arnav on the other hand simply watched her in silence. She was pointedly ignoring him and that stung, but she had another think coming, and that made him smile in spite of himself.

"We'll be late," he said, going to pick her bag from beside her.

"No thank..." the rest of the statement died on her lips as she met his raised brow, as if to remind her what happened the last time she refused his help. She met them with an equal glare of her own. Shrugging as if to say whatever, she turned back to Dadi, "I will miss talking with you."

She made to touch her feet but Dadi hugged her instead, "I will miss you child. And if you can do this old woman a favor?"

Khushi laughed, "You're hardly an old lady Dadi."

"Hmm," Dadi shook her head, "Will you come if I call you?"

Khushi looked stumped, "Woh...Dadi..."

"It will give me great pleasure," she looked a little pleadingly at Khushi, "You have definitely spoiled me with your tea and snacks. Consider it my selfishness in making this request."

"I'll try Dadi, but I can't promise," she said.

"That's good enough for me," Dadi said, satisfied.

"Take care Khushi," he said, giving her a loaded look, "And thank you."

She understood perfectly, and gave him an answering smile, "It was my pleasure. Don't mention it."

"Okay, stop looking so impatient. It's not like you're the one travelling," Dadi snapped at Arnav who was looking at his wrist watch, "Jao Khushi, and keep faith. Anything can happen."

"Ji," she said, finally taking their leave. At the door, she turned and looked at them again as Arnav went to place her bag in the car.

Apparently he would be driving her to the train station. Just her luck. But then she looked up at the darkened balcony and saw the silhouette of Dia...or was that Anjali? Either way, she could not be bothered. Her mind was already on the million and one things to do as soon as she got back to the farm. She was so not looking forward to the day and half trip back home, but well, what to do?

She got into the car beside him, conscious of how the smell of his cologne filled the interior. She watched and waved at Dadi and Shyam until the car slid away from the house. She settled into her seat and prepared herself to completely ignore him. Arnav was completely okay with that, she would be hopping mad in a bit and he so wanted to witness it again. Oddly enough, it excited him when she got mad. To his formidable size, a pint-sized angry Khushi was adorable. He turned and focused on the road, turning on the radio.

He never really listened to the radio but the silence was stifling and she had proven she knew just how to give the silent treatment.

"...so here's to all you star-crossed lovers out there who just wish they could get together even though it is just not possible..." the female presenter was saying, "I know it is unorthodox and absolutely no way to start your morning but what can I say? It's one of those mornings, and I've got Sallu bhai fever!" she giggled.

Khushi found herself smiling at the quirkiness of it all when all of a sudden, the sounds of one of her all-time favorite tragic love songs filled the confines of the car.

As the song played on, Khushi turned to look at him. He returned her gaze, knowing full well what she was thinking. It might not be their own individual reality...yet... but to her, it was with her sister. And it was all because of him. She looked away after a few seconds as tears shimmered in her eyes. He focused on the road as traffic was much lighter this time of the morning. He was tempted to turn the radio off but then that would speak of him being guilty in what he had done, and he would not allow it, damn it! She didn't know what was going on, but she soon would, period!

When the song did end, he quickly switched the channel, refusing to chance another song like that playing on the radio. It was straight up news this time and he relaxed. All of a sudden, Khushi sat up straight and stared at the road ahead, looking all around her.

"Where are we going?" she asked, giving Arnav a suspicious look.

He couldn't help it. He smiled fully, "Airport."

She looked at him like he had spoken French, and then when it dawned that he was serious, her incredulity turned to rage.

"Have you lost your mind?! Did I ask you to take me to the airport? I bought a train ticket for heaven's sake!"

"And now, you won't need it. Something tells me you weren't exactly looking forward to spending almost two days on the road and rails. Trust me, it's much easier this way," he said, amusement coloring his voice.

"What is it with you? Why are you always doing this? What, am I to be weary of getting into cars with you?" she asked crossly, "I didn't ask for your help Raizada, so please stop giving it. Now take me back to the station, if you would please."

He marveled at the familiarity with which she said Raizada. Only Akash dared call him by his last name and yet, here was this woman with absolutely no scope of fear of him, doing just that. "I'm sorry Khushi, but that's not going to happen," he said with obvious enjoyment, "Dadi would have my head if this happened any other way."

"I'm warning you," she said, "Take me back to the train station."

"No can do Missy," he said, stepping on the gas and clearly enjoying himself.

She glared at him but there was truly nothing she could do. She couldn't get out of the car. And even if she could, there was no way of getting to her bag or the things Dadi had given her out of the boot.

"Never again," she muttered under her breath, "Never again."

She crossed her arms defensively and kept muttering to herself under her breath, no doubt cursing him. Arnav on the other hand was enjoying her ire. It beat her being impassive any day. All that fire needed to be stoked, not suppressed. She hated his guts, but he didn't mind. He looked at her now, and a thought occurred to him. What if she...no, she was definitely capable of it. He would have to make sure she didn't do that by any means possible.

A little while later, they arrived at the airport, driving into the private hanger where the company jet stood in all its glory. Her mouth dropped open as she stared at it. Arnav found a wave of primal male pride wash over him as he noted her expression. It was very caveman-like of him, but he didn't care. He alighted and went to chat with the captain. It seemed they were old friends from the way they chatted. The man glanced at her a brief second and nodded, then proceeded to walk toward the car, not taking his eyes off her. Behind, she noticed crew members were moving her things from the car boot to the cargo hold of the plane.

He tapped gently on the window, an open smile adorning his face as he motioned for her to open the door. Deciding she had no quarrel with him, she did just that. Besides, Arnav had the keys and could still open the door should she refuse.

"Good morning Miss," he said politely, "I'm Captain Arjun, and I will be your pilot for the day."

"Hello," was all she said, struggling to keep the friendly smile on her face.

"I take it you're not here willingly," he said, noting her expression.

She turned to look around and saw Arnav had disappeared off somewhere, "Is there a way I can get a cab from here to the train station?"

He sighed, a knowing smile on his face, "There is, but I doubt travelling all those hours to Chandigarh by road will be as comfortable as flying."

"I know that but..." she hesitated, and frowned at the jet.

Realization dawned as he saw her expression. He took her by the hand and smiled down at her, "Not to worry Miss. I promise you, I have been doing this a long time and I can guarantee your safety. Flying is just like being on a train, only you're a lot higher up in the air and you go a lot faster."

"I don't...I don't like planes," she said frowning harder at the airplane, as if it would disappear if she stared hard enough.

"I promise I'll take good care of you," he said, leading her toward the plane from which Arnav had just emerged.

She saw him stare pointedly at her hand in Arjun's, and subconsciously gripped his hand harder, causing Arjun to look down at her, and then questioningly at Arnav, who abruptly turned and re-entered the plane.

"You two have a fight?" Arjun asked.

"I don't like him," Khushi said flatly, looking away.

Arjun threw his head back and laughed, "Well that's a first. This flight ought to be interesting."

Khushi was guided into the plane by the hostess. She got in and her jaw dropped again. It wasn't like the ones they saw on television with rows and rows of seats. This one looked like an apartment with huge, comfy seats, a bar, what looked to be a kitchen, and that was only what she could see from where she stood. Beyond the door straight up ahead of her she could only wonder what else was there. Everything gleamed and shone, tastefully done in mellow browns, polished orange and gold. She was starting to see a theme with this man.

Come to think of it, where was he? There didn't seem to be a back door out of the plane, so where had he gotten to? As if he heard her thoughts, he emerged from the door at the far end of the plane. Their eyes locked as he emerged, stopping him in front of the door. Her eyes fell to look beyond him and she realized the door behind him led to what appeared to be a bedroom. On a plane?!

"This way Miss," the air hostess suddenly appeared, guiding her to a seat, "We've been cleared for take off."

Khushi did as she was told and was given a seat backing the cockpit and facing the rear of the plane. Her belt was securely fastened and she wondered why they didn't have the ones that held you back like in cars. What if the one round her waist didn't do enough? How could people do this to themselves every time? It's not like there were bus stops or platforms in the air you could stop at if something went wrong now, was there? She started to sweat a little, her eyes darting around as if looking for an escape route.

She was startled by Arnav suddenly appearing beside her and seating himself next to her, securing his seatbelt.

"You...why are you here?" she asked, looking at him with odd yet panicked eyes.

"I'm making sure you don't try to get off the plane midair," he said softly, and then looking at her, noticed her sweaty forehead and tense set of her shoulders, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she turned away from him, trying to focus on the taxiing of the plane.

"Mmm," he said, knowing full well she was frightened out of her mind as he took in her tightly shut eyes and death grip on the arm rest, "It's going to be fine."

Her eyes flew open, "What?"

"It'll be fine," he said again, motioning the hostess to go use the seats behind to which the woman quickly extricated herself and moved as they were poised for the final take off.

The plane suddenly lurched forward and Khushi nearly passed out at the sudden speed the plane gathered.

"Oh my God!" she gasped, "Oh..."

"Hold still, it will be over soon," he said soothingly, but she clearly wasn't having it.

"Stop the plane! I want to get off!" she shouted in wheezy breaths as she tried to unbuckle herself. "Get this off me!"

Arnav chuckled, for though he had seen movies like this, he had never experienced it up close and personal, and of all people, the woman of steel? Khushi Kumari Gupta?

"Relax Khushi," he said, taking her hand and gripping it firmly but she wasn't paying attention.

"No! I want to get off!" she said, looking for her buckle to unbuckle it, "Tell Arjun I don't want to travel anymore. Open the doors! I knew this was a bad idea..." she frantically tried to get out of the seat with Arnav laughingly thwarting her plans.

As the plane left the ground, she literally froze, going white as a sheet, "Khushi, breathe. Just breathe." She didn't seem to be listening and her breath was as erratic as though she had run a mile in ten seconds flat. "Khushi...look at me."

She however seemed to have zoned out and was unresponsive. It would have been comical were she not looking half-crazed right now.

"Look at me Khushi," he said softly, taking her face in his hands and willing her eyes to focus on him, "Look at me. It's going to be alright...just breathe...okay?"

By some miracle, she seemed to hear him from a distant place. Her eyes started to focus as the plane climbed steadily in the air. Her breathing slowed as she looked into his eyes, seeming to draw strength from his calmness. However, the plane suddenly dipped and that sinking feeling startled her so much so that he saw the exact moment panic over took common sense. She was poised to let out a frantic scream but before she could react, he pulled her to him and did the only thing he could think of. Not stopping to think about it, he held her face to his and brought his lips down on hers, effectively shocking her back to life as she realized what was going on.

Almost immediately, she began to fight him off like a wild cat, thrashing around like a cornered cat. But he held her still, managing to capture her two hands by pinning them down in her lap with his much larger one. Loving the feel of her lips as he forced her to open up and let him in, he knew fighting him was futile. He was three times her size and his strength here was unmatched. He nipped at her bottom lips and her responding gasp allowed him the access he sought. It wasn't long before his ministrations elicited a deep moan from her. A primal growl escaped him as he deepened the kiss, trying to take in as much of her as he possibly could. His exploration of the warmth of her mouth came to an abrupt end once Arjun's voice came on in the overhead speakers, telling them they could now unbuckle their seatbelts, move around if they wanted to, and the estimated flight time would be approximately four hours.

He withdrew slowly, to see her eyes were still closed, her expression dreamy, her body fully relaxed. Countless times...countless times he had already imagined her like this ...ever since that night in the garden. He couldn't resist and finally dropped one last, lingering kiss to her lips, before letting her go. Ever so slowly, Khushi's eyes fluttered open and she looked at a stoic faced Arnav, returning her gaze with a little less surprise than she.

She paled again, withdrawing from him. Her cold fingers pressed to her lips as if the enormity of what just happened dawned on her, "Wh...why did you do that?"

He just stared at her, not saying a word. So many thoughts ran through his head as he watched her, drained of all color. Damn it, he had not meant to kiss her, but it had seemed like a good idea at the time. He knew exactly what she was thinking. Hell, he was thinking it too. About the fact that she was betrothed to, and had just betrayed that gawar, and not only had he kissed her, she had let him kiss her. And he dared say, her guilt stemmed more from the fact that she had enjoyed it.

What just happened was wrong on so many levels. But of one thing, he was suddenly sure of ...

TBC...

Edited by Ezther - 7 years ago
laavanya4u thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Gosh!!
Too many shocking twists!'
Really the fiesty and the confused Arnav !! Simply awesome !$
Though they had a mutual kiss and quite momentary, it was wrong . Given that Arnav is tied up with Khushis Sister And she being linked with Nahar!!
So many secrets have to be revealed out??!
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey ezther! In lov with this story. Khushi is gonna b so so so v angry wid Arnav wen she learns of his true intentions n feelings. Lov d fact dat u tk d efforts of updating it daily. Keeping us hooked. age kya Hoga Rama re πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ looking fwd 2 next update
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful update... at last a first kiss