Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Khusi is also attracted to him but she is unable to realise but now what would be arnav's next step as she is clearly not going to breakup with nahar.
laavanya4u thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Gosh!!
This phase is getting highly intense.
Atleast Arnav is aware of his growing feelings towards Khushi.
But Khushi is messing up her life. It's high time that she has to focus on her life.
Both of them have to be clear with Dia n Nahar respectively,
Richelle thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fabulous ff!! read all chapters...really feel sorry for Dia, I dnt tink she meant to hurt Khushi by saying all those hurtful things. Bt  I just loved da storyline especially da twist, were Arnav is in love wid Khushi n love hw she reacts wen he gets close to her...da feeling are mutual, so hopefully nt long before she knows dat she is da one dat he really wants. Just brilliant, enjoyed it immensely
imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I was hoping for them to get deeper into the mess and these two didn't disappoint 😉
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No chapter 16 today"""" ezther where art thou????
Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
HEY GUYS!!!!! SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY AS I WAS UNABLE TO POST YESTERDAY.
MAFF KA DE NA NEHA...HERE'S YOUR NEXT PART😉

PART 16:

Arnav watched as the servants cleared the dining, watching Masi as she tsk-tsked at Ramu and the like. She had made Khushi come down to breakfast and Khushi sat now, her eyes cast down, refusing to so much as look at him. She spoke only to Masi and Ramu, her voice soft and low.

"I must be on my way now," he said finally, rising to his feet as he noticed that Masi would not leave him and Khushi alone for even a second.

"Hmm," was all Masi said, "I hope you have a safe journey."

He did not miss the relieved slumping of Khushi's shoulders, as she fiddled with her bright yellow dupatta under the table, "Thank you so much for your kindness. I promise it has been a long while since anyone made such delicious jalebis for me," he said to Masi, whom it seemed colored a little under his appreciative gaze. He watched Khushi's wide-eyed expression with amusement. He continued with the same seductively even tone, "Does Khushi have anything to send back home? I'd take the jalebis but I'm afraid I might eat them all myself."

There it was again...home. Khushi's eyes involuntarily flew to his eyes, pleading with him not to frustrate her, because as it was, she had everything to lose until he left.

"Surely you'll send something to Dadi," he said, a soft smile playing on his lips.

Masi bustled off at the sound of that, going into her room to ferret something out. He came and stood behind Khushi's chair.

"Hope you slept well," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I know I did."

"Lalli?" the inquiring voice of Nahar sounded behind her, surprising them both.

Khushi gasped as the all too familiar baritone voice washed over her, his six-foot frame filling the door way. She jumped to her feet and whirled around, guilt first, then relieved joy washing over her as a happy sigh escaped her and she ran, throwing herself into his waiting arms. She didn't need to see the smile she knew now curved his lips. She could feel Arnav's eyes on her, but she ignored him, hot tears of guilt flowing down her eyes.

"Aare Lalli, yeh kya?" he asked, holding her away from himself, and gently wiping away the tears that stained her dusky cheeks.

Her inaudible babble had him hugging her to himself, willing her to calm down as he cast a frosty glance toward Arnav. There was no doubt in his mind that this man had something to do with his woman's tears.

Masi returned them with a traditional sari, clearly brand new. "Aare Nahar baana, kaise hai aap?"

"Theek hoon Masi," he said, briefly taking his eyes off of Arnav to pay his respects.

"Lo," Masi handed the carefully wrapped gift to Arnav. "Aap ka Dadi ko dedun."

"Thank you," he said, "Ja ri hoon." So saying, he turned to Khushi who was looking at him from within Nahar's embrace, a little calm returning to her erstwhile taut face, "Khushi," he said in acknowledgement, and turning on his heels after a pointed look at Nahar, walked out of Gupta haveli.

The only sound betraying his departure was the crunching of the gravel beneath the wheels of the car.

"Did he say something to you?" Nahar asked Khushi, looking in her face.

Khushi looked caught for a second, before regaining her composure, "He's going ahead to marry Dia, even after I let him know that they could never work. He insists. They will destroy each other Nahar. I know it."

Nahar rubbed her back soothingly, trying to get her to calm down, "She is an adult Lalli, as is he. If they think they can make it work then you cannot protect them from their decision."

"Who's going to want her after this mess she's going to create in her life?"

"That's not your concern," he said softly, "You've done what you ought to do as a big sister. The rest is up to her."

Masi came and stood behind them, "You cannot help someone who refuses to be helped Khushi. I had warned you earlier but you thought I was being too hard on her. Now see what she chooses to do with all that freedom you gave her. You're the one paying the price."

"Bas Lalli," Nahar said. "Crying will not help anyone at all."

She nodded slowly, wiping her eyes clear, "How...how was your trip to ...?"

Imperceptively, Nahar seemed to stiffen in her arms before he quickly replied, "It was very fruitful. We will be expanding our business to Pune in a few months. I have to remember to ask Gudiya to do some surveys for us hai ki nahin?"

She frowned at him, "Really?"

"Yes," he said, going to sit her down on one of the chairs, "Babuji bahut khush ho."

"Then why do you look so tense?" she asked, frowning at him directly, knowing Nahar was one of those people with whom you could not beat around the bush. It just didn't help.

He gave off a strained laugh, which was so unlike the robust guwaffs he normally gave off when he laughed, "Me? I'm not tense," he shrugged and went to pick up a vase that had always been sitting idly on a table next to the huge ornate mirror that adorned the wall next to the dining.

"Nahar, baad kya hai?" she asked, coming to stand behind him, turning him around to face her. He looked torn for a moment, looking her in the eye. "Tell me Nahar, hua kya?"

Khushi wanted him to tell her the truth but she could see the moment he decided not to and sighed inwardly.

"There's nothing wrong. I was a little tense with you being away in the big city," he said, "You were supposed to go for two days only. You ended up staying a week."

She nodded tiredly, deciding she would get to the bottom of this sooner or later. Nahar from experience was not good at keeping secrets from her. Another reason he guarded her jealously because the last time there had been a falling out between him and the sons of one of the Panchyaat, a kidnap attempt had been made on Khushi. But that trusty old gun of her father's had come in handy then, saving them all and injuring one of the kidnappers really badly. A wistful smile touched her face as she thought back to that day.

"Kya soch te?" he asked, coming to stand in front of her.

"I missed you," she said softly, stepping into his embrace.

His embrace was a little gruff, and she knew the feeling was mutual. However, she was no fool to believe that he wasn't hiding something.

"Want to tell me what happened with Dia?" he asked softly, leading her to one of the couches in the hall.

Khushi sighed deeply as she settled in, and began to narrate the horrid story to Nahar. He naturally was enraged by it all.

"And you said nothing while he was here?!" Nahar bellowed.

"Shant ho ja beta," Masi came from the kitchen and said, "Dia baari ho gaye ho. Agar yeh Dia ka faisla hain, to kya problem hai humara? Sunlo Khushi, chor do yeh saab. Jo ho gaya so ho gaya, bas. Payal ka shaadi..."

Khushi gasped, stopping Masi mid-sentence, "Payal! I haven't spoken to her since I got home."

"I think before another scandal is created, we should let her marry that young Rathore," Masi said with a sagely nod.

"Par Masi, where will we start to prepare from? I mean...Of course I have a little saved away but I can't afford a lavish wedding right now."

"Then make it small. Request that they not invite all their friends. Just close family, close friends. They can make a fuss when they get back to Mumbai."

Khushi bit her lower lip, looking doubtfully at Masi who gave her a knowing look and turned to Nahar, "You need to tell her."

She had to admit that Masi was right. She had seen Payal and Akash together while she was in Mumbai. It was clear as day how they felt about each other, and she smiled even now at the formidable look Akash tried to portray when Payal was around, but failing miserably as his eyes followed her everywhere and requests had hardly left her lips before he was on the phone making moves to fulfill it. When men like Akash fell, they fell hard.

"She's right Lalli," Nahar said pensively, "We have no issues with Akash and to delay will only be to prolong the inevitable."

"I know," Khushi frowned at the floor, tracing imaginary scuff marks with the tip of her slipper.

"Lalli," Nahar smiled at her as he squatted beside her, "It's time. And I will be here to help you every step of the way."

She looked up gratefully into his brown eyes, "I know my love. Thank you."

He nodded, "I take it congratulations are in order then," he said, "One for you, and one for me."

"Kya matlab?"

"Matlab yeh, that one will be down, and one more," he wiggled his brows suggestively at her, "To go."

She gasped, coloring at his implication, and smacked him hard, "Baadmash!"

It had been weeks since Khushi's return to Chandigarh and still, Arnav's mood was perpetually off, his dark brooding had most people cowering behind their desks when he walked by. Akash looked at his friend with knowing eyes but said nothing at Arnav's imperially raised eye brow. He guessed it was worse now, that Khushi had sent word for him to come with his family for the official introductions.

"When do you leave?"

"The weekend," Akash said, stretching in his chair.

They had just had a rather arduous and tasking meeting with some officials in the Ministry of Internal Affairs who thought to obstruct a new project of theirs, to supply water to a community that currently was being taxed into the ground. His charitable organization had discovered it and he gave the go-ahead to begin the project. Of course it was PR savvy to do that as well so it didn't hurt Raizada's corporate image none.

"All the best then," he said, staring angrily at the papers before him.

"I want you to come with us Arnav," he said, a smirk of a smile on his face as he crossed his hands over his chest, "I'm sure there's at least two people who would be mighty displeased to see you."

Arnav glared at him and Akash guwaffed at his friend's miffed expression, "I'll see if I can clear my schedule."

"It's clear," Akash said, "I took the liberty of informing Preiti to make sure of that earlier in the week."

Arnav shook his head. No one else would dare take such liberties with him...except for that spitfire of a woman. He needed to talk to Dia again, and it was not going to be easy. She had become like a wounded lioness since Khushi left.

"Yeah, I'm not looking forward to being caught between you and Nahar, but since I am definitely going to be a happy man by weekend, it will make all the effort worth it," Akash grinned at his friend's expressionless face.

"It's too late in the day Akash, and I still have work to do," Arnav turned away from his friend, busying himself with his laptop.

Akash shook his head tiredly, stifling a yawn, "I'm going my friend. But hey," he turned at the door to face Arnav, "Any other day or time, I would have picked you for her, but Khushi Kumari Gupta has a mind of her own, and well, Nahar..." Akash shrugged and left the room.

A mind of her own, Arnav thought to himself, leaning back against his chair. Is that right? He picked up his phone and speed-dialed a number. Call him crazy or just plain paranoid but he could not shake the ugly, uneasy feeling he got when he thought about Khushi with that man. There was something about him...and he would find out what it was.

It was wise never to get in the ring with him, especially where all or nothing' was a part of the whole equation.

Three days later, Aman stirred from deep sleep. He had been taking frequent trips to Chandigarh and it was exhausting. Fortunately the Boss had given him the rest of the week off. He grabbed a quick shower and ordered breakfast. He stayed at one of the Company's guest houses scattered all over Mumbai and this one was his favorite and he had ended up taking residence here, mainly due to its proximity to the office. It saved a lot of time.

As he sat down to feast on the sumptuous meal that could hardly be described as breakfast, he picked up the dossier that had been his sole reason for frequenting Chandigarh. What did the Boss want with all this information anyway? It was not like him to involve himself in such small and insignificant matters. He knew his Boss always came prepared for any and every eventuality and this time was no different. He wondered if Akash was even aware of all these dealings.

Either way, he knew his Boss would not do anything to harm his friend or his own reputation for that matter. It wasn't his job to judge any matter his Boss got involved in. His job was to ferret out information, and leave the rest up to the Boss.

His phone began to ring and he picked it up, staring at the screen. Speak of the devil, he thought before taking the call.

"Morning Boss," he said, his tone very professional.

"Morning Aman. I trust you're well rested."

He knew it was a factual statement and not a question, "Very."

"Good. Have the dossier dropped off at the office as soon as possible."

"Right away Boss."

"I know I gave you the rest of the week off but I'll need you to pack your bags for the weekend. I would like you to attend the wedding ceremony in Chandigarh with me. Will that be a problem?"

"Not at all Sir," Aman sat up, "I'll be ready."

"See you on Friday."

Almost immediately the line went dead and Aman relaxed in his chair again, pensive as to the reason the Boss was preparing for this wedding, armed with information that could cause a tornado at the wedding. He looked at his watch and pushed to his feet. The packet needed to be in the Boss's hand before noon, else there would be hell to pay.

This weekend ought to be interesting, he thought, immediately cheered by the fact that his beloved Maya would be present at the introduction-wedding ceremonies.

DONE!!!!

Edited by Ezther - 7 years ago
Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nahar is hiding something big from khusi n she knows but what it could be n arnav also gave aman task to get information regarding nahar n I think he got what he wanted as par aman so lets see wat is it.
shoobie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
interesting update.  looking forward to see what happens in the wedding weekend.
Richelle thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesum update!! Wonder wat damning info Arnav has n if its against Nahar.
Snoowfall thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
really waiting for Dia and Arnav mystery to be solved..one story that I will keep on checking for..