Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Nice update so khusi has plane phobia n to make her relax arnav just kissed her to divert her attention but now what will khusi do coz she also kinda enjoyed it n is engaged to nahar n apparently arnav to her sister but i think she will tell nahar abt this bcoz she is a straightforward woman n maybe she wouldn't want to hide it from her fience so lets see what happens n i really don't get it tht to persuade khusi why arnav have to get engaged with dia.
Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

PART 14:

Khushi stared out of the windows at the serene clouds that floated by. Arjun had been right. So far, the flight felt like a train ride in the air. There had been no turbulence and it was amazing to see an unobstructed view of the skies above the sky. It was the stuff of fairytales. Her mind however was numb. She couldn't wrap her head around what just happened. Arnav? Kissing her? How did anyone begin to explain that? What was worse, she hadn't even fought him off hard enough. In the end, she had let him do to her what only Nahar had been privy to do, and that too after almost a year! Nahar! Her heart twisted and her face contorted in physical pain as she thought about him. He didn't deserve this. He just didn't. Now she was a cheat. How could she tell him what happened? To a man like Nahar, nothing made sense once he got angry. And he would be livid.

Her mind kept going back and forth and it was making her head ache. This was an all-round mess. How did you even begin to extricate yourself from it all?

"Here."

She looked up to see a frowning Arnav holding a cup of some bubbling liquid that looked chalky in appearance. She looked from it to him warily.

"It's for the head ache," he said.

She looked about to argue, but thought better of it and quietly accepted the cup. Holding her breath, she drank it all in one long swig, grimacing at the bitter after taste. She turned back to the window, preferring to look out and pretend the incident that had her reeling from shock had not happened.

"Khushi."

She didn't turn, didn't move, and didn't even register his presence. She however did lean away from him into the window, making sure their bodies were as far away from each other as possible.

He sighed, "Khushi listen..."

"No...no. You listen to me," she cut him off albeit softly, and no doubt startling him. She still didn't look away from the window, "You came into my family's life as a guest and now you want to take center stage in ripping it apart. First you take my sister and ruin her relationship with her family. Now you have taken my peace of mind...touched what didn't belong to you. You don't even understand the enormity of what you have done," she said softly, a lone tear escaping her eye, "Please Mr Raizada. I would greatly appreciate it if you left me alone for the remainder of the flight. While I appreciate your kind gesture, it has come at too high a price."

"Listen..."

"No!" she snapped, turning to face him, "I've heard enough. Now go away!"

Arnav was momentarily stunned by the raw pain he saw in her face. He searched her face for a few seconds, then promptly rising, he did as she requested. He went into the bedroom and shut the door. He had some thinking to do. She was very right. He had made a mess of things in that one moment, but he could not honestly say that he regretted it. On the contrary, it seemed clarity had dawned. There was so much to discover about this woman, and in one kiss, he seemed to have discovered a lot.

But therein lay the problem. She had that gawar...Nahar. He knew there was real love there...at least on her part. He had witnessed it first hand during the marriage ceremony of Daksh Rathore, and it seemed unfair to wrench her away from that man without good cause. Akash spoke highly of the man and in spite of their unspoken feud, there was just nothing to fault the man with...at least not that they knew.

He ran a distracted hand through his hair. Was it possible to have such strong feelings for a person and not know it? It was a difficult truth to swallow, for he would be lying if he said she had not plagued his dreams more than once in the time he had known her. But what to do now? He had crossed a line and there was just no going back. He was never one to sit back and let things unfold. He loved to help the fates out because they often took too long to resolve issues. This time however, he was stomped. He could stop the ruse with Dia now..., but as yet he still didn't have a leg to stand on...so no. Not yet. The deck was not yet to be stacked in his favor. But what would be the decisive way forward now? Khushi would not willingly accept him in seven life times to come, neither was she prepared to see him as anything but a home wrecker. And Nahar? There was no telling what he would do should he find out what just happened. The man was capable of travelling cross country for a fight. But he wasn't worried about that at all. And Khushi...she was devastated, he thought, glancing at the closed door beyond which she sat in lost silence.

He had started it all, but this was all too much right now. He had not planned on this part coming into play. It was his turn to wince as a stab of pain flitted across his forehead. This was a hot mess he had gotten all of them into. He closed his eyes in realization of the moral dilemma he had created. He never second-guessed himself but now, he admitted to being completely wrong.

After what seemed like an eternity, Arjun's voice blessedly came over the speakers, announcing that they would be arriving at the airport within the hour and that they should remain strapped into their seats for safety purposes. Arnav had had enough of the bedroom and came back out and sat in the seat next to Khushi, determined that she would listen to what he had to say.

"Khushi, we need to talk," he said, fixing her with a determined gaze.

She barely registered his presence as only the slight shift of her head indicated that she had heard him at all.

"What I did was stupid. It shouldn't have happened. There's no excuse I can possibly give to justify it, and to ask you to forget it would be foolhardy, but I will ask you not to blame yourself for it. It was I who overstepped," he finished, willing her to say something.

A long pause followed his speech before she sighed and said wearily, "You can no more wipe the stain of what happened than you can call back a statement everyone has heard. What do you think will become of me when Nahar finds out? Four years he has waited for me. You might call it a simple kiss but..."

"I wasn't trying to trivialize what happened," he said stiffly, "Merely to say it's not the end of the world."

She smiled bitterly, "Easy for you to say. You get to go back to your gilded cage and I am left to deal with the consequences of your actions."

"I'm trying to be fair Khushi," he said, a little annoyance creeping in, "It's not like you were averse to all of this."

The moment the words left his mouth, he knew he had gone and stepped in it. She turned shocked eyes on him and just stared at him, her eyes betraying the fact that she thought him no less than the devil. He cringed inwardly at the unspoken expression in her eyes.

"Of course," she said with a bitter laugh, "It's always the woman's fault."

"That's not what I meant and you know it," he snapped, "As it is, you didn't exactly run for the hills."

"No, you simply took liberties with me," she said snidely, "You know what Mr. Raizada, enough. I will be getting off your plane in a few minutes after which I don't expect either one of us will be sad to see the other go. Just go back to your life and I'll try to repair the pieces of mine you destroyed with your one, unintentional mistake."

So saying, she turned away from him as the plane began its slow descent. Once again, she paled and gripped the arm rests for dear life. Arnav watched her in a bit of amusement and a lot of frustration. Damn these village belles. Always managed to weigh you down with guilt and magnify the smallest of issues. Straightening up and facing forward, he settled in his seat. What in the world would she do it he had made love to her, he thought ruefully. Jump in a well?

The thought filled him with such amusement he actually started to chuckle, ignoring the killer glare Khushi gave him. It was such a melodramatic idea that he had to laugh. But somehow he thought Khushi would rather die than take the coward's way out. It was just not her style...

If she thought he was going to let her be after the plane ride, Khushi was in for another rude shock. They arrived at Shaheed Bhagat Singh International airport and on getting to the terminal, alighted in the private hanger. Arnav waited for Arjun to disembark for a little chitchat. Khushi on the other hand, stood a ways away, fidgeting impatiently as they talked. Arjun walked over to her.

"I trust I did not disappoint you?" he asked, a genuine smile on his face.

She couldn't help but return the smile, "You didn't disappoint, but I was still more than a little scared of it."

"Oh don't worry. With a little more practice you'll be fine," he said, "So I hear you're headed to your ancestral home right away."

"Yes."

"I guess there is really no place like home," he said as they both watched the cargo men removing their luggage from the plane.

"Absolutely none," she said emphatically, a smile curving her lips. "I have already spent too much time away from the farm," she said, shaking her head, "I need to get back and make sure everything is in order."

"A farm girl," Arjun said, open admiration on his face, causing Khushi to blush a little, "That requires a lot of brains and brawn. I'm guessing you have both in abundance," the last bit was said as both turned to see Arnav observing them as he talked with an attendant.

Almost immediately, a sleek black Mercedes Benz pulled up and stopped next to the cargo men who began to load the things from the plane inside.

"Hey!" Khushi exclaimed, forgetting her chitchat with Arjun, "Now what in the world do you think you're doing Raizada?!"

He turned coolly toward her, "I should assume it is clear."

"Don't you dare," she hissed, trying to keep her voice calm as she noticed the somewhat curious gazes of the cargo men, "This is where it ends. You get me on a bus home and leave me the hell alone!"

He gave her a displeased look and simply turned his back to her, ordering the men to be careful with her stuff or they would have to pay for it. Khushi saw red. In one fluid moment, she slipped off her shoe, took aim at Arnav's head and would have sent it flying, had Arjun not caught her hand in mid-action, swinging her around from the unsuspecting Arnav.

"Easy tiger," he said, amusement playing in his voice, "I believe he's just trying to help."

"Do I look like I want to be helped? What kind of crazy person forces help on someone who is not invalid?!" she hissed again.

"Just calm down Khushi," he repeated.

"Arjun?"

Arnav's quiet voice stopped their exchange and Arjun slowly let her go, extricating the shoe from her hand and squatting down, motioned for her to extend her foot. Over Arjun's head, she glared murderously at Arnav who it seemed, was this time glaring right back in his aloof, poker faced manner. She really wanted to hurl something at him. Just who in the world does he think he is? Hadn't he caused enough trouble? Did he have to take her all the way home now? She cared little about what people would say but what if Nahar was there? That was who she cared about. They clearly didn't like each other if what she saw was true. She hadn't even decided if she was going to tell Nahar what had happened yet... and to flaunt this egotistical man in front of him like that? That was all kinds of wrong she thought, as she stood looking at the insufferable man.

Rather than get in the backseat, he took the keys from the driver and dismissed him, handing him a wad of notes which had the man profusely thanking him. Arnav got in and honked twice, indicating for her to get in the car.

"I'm going to kill him," she muttered, glaring at the car, "I swear I'm going to jail, because I will kill him!"

Arjun chuckled as she walked toward the car, still muttering. Now I see the appeal, he thought to himself. She's about the only woman not to lose it in the presence of the great Arnav Singh Raizada.

"She has guts I'll give her that," the co-pilot who had been quiet the whole time, just watching, said as he came up to Arjun.

"He's going to marry that girl. She just doesn't know it yet," Arjun said, laughing to himself as the car sped away from the hanger.

"She's not his type," the co-pilot frowned.

"He doesn't have a type, but then there's her," Arjun said, shaking his head.

They turned to grab their overnight bags and leave the terminal in the shuttle that had arrived for them. This should be interesting...

I KNOW ITS SHORT, BUT BEAR WITH ME YAAR...

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
You are updating almost daily, but I have to say it is getting really difficult waiting for updates! This is getting very very interesting.
shoobie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wonderful story.  just read it and am loving it.  thanks.
agpin thumbnail
this is my fav story.. I love spunky khushi
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Arnav is planning his moves carefully
imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome
Very well written. Was hooked to it the moment I started. I am actually loving this Khushi. She is so strong... brain and brawn. Kind of an earthy feeling to her. Would be interesting to read what happens next

Love
Shveta
Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Arjun knows that he is going to marry her n I think his dadi is also aware of his feelings towards khusi that why when khusi told her abt nahar dadi got upset.
Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

PART 15:

The car was once again filled with stony silence as they began the hour long drive from the airport to Gupta haveli. Khushi wanted to stay mad...she wanted to remain angry but as she neared the only place she had ever known as home, excitement filled her and she couldn't sit back in her seat anymore. She leaned forward, gazing at the building with such love and adoration in her eyes that Arnav had to turn and look at the same building, wondering what in the world she could see that he couldn't. The smile that curved her lips was wistful...longing. It would seem he had ceased to exist in that moment. The way the sun hit the dome that sat above the entrance portico, he had to admit, the beauty of this haveli was breathtaking against the scenic hills that surrounded it. A small smile of understanding curved his erstwhile thinned lips. He understood that one.

No sooner than he drove into the gate and pulled up in the portico than she was out of the car, flying up the stairs and screaming at the top of her voice.

"Masi!" she called, "Ramu! Masi!" she ran in.

"Yeh kya hora hai?" Masi emerged from the kitchen, then spotting Khushi who was about to run up the stairs, she smiled, "Aare Khushi beti, tum wapas aa gaye?"

"Masi!" she rushed to her and enveloped her in a bear hug, a lone tear slipping down her face. It was so good to be back home in familiar surroundings and no prying or judgmental eyes.

"Aare Khushi, kya baad hai?" she asked, holding her away from herself and taking in Khushi's happy but very sad face.

Khushi who was too overwhelmed with relief merely shook her head and once again buried her face in the warmth of Masi's embrace. Masi stiffened suddenly and Khushi was all too aware of what would have caught her attention. That blasted Arnav had come into their home.

"Bitiya?" Masi questioned without releasing her, feeling Khushi's distress.

"Good afternoon," Arnav said smoothly, his expression cool as though it was perfectly alright for him to be standing there.

"Namaste," Masi said with an inclination of her head, but said nothing else, continuing to stare at him, wondering what he was doing here as Khushi clearly had not invited him. Had they come back together?

"I hope you don't mind my bringing Khushi back home," Arnav continued, "The last time she had traveled two days to get to Mumbai and we just thought it would be easier to ensure she gets home safe."

Masi's eyes narrowed as she stroked Khushi's back, "Where is your bag Lalli?"

Khushi stiffened at the use of her pet name, a wave of guilt washing over her as she refused to meet Arnav's gaze.

"I'll go get it," she said, swiping at her face with her dupatta.

"We'll need a few more hands Khushi," he said by way of reminder, "Dadi did give you quite a few things."

She glared at him but stomped outside before realizing Arnav actually had her bag in his hands. He grinned at her sudden realization and held it up to her. She stalked toward him and snatched it from him quite rudely and was about to turn away when Masi's voice stopped her.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta, what has come over you?! I know I taught you better than that!"

"But Masi..." she protested, wanting to defend herself but Masi's stern gaze stopped her cold. She did an about face and gave Arnav a withering look, "I apologize. It was rude of me. And thank you for all your help."

"It was my pleasure," he said smoothly, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"I suggest you both go and freshen up," Masi said, "Lunch will be served in an hour. We were not expecting you home so soon...with a guest," Masi added, with a pointed look at Arnav.

"Masi, he is not staying," Khushi said quickly, "He is leaving right away."

"Did I say that?" Arnav asked quietly.

"Will you be returning to Mumbai today?" Masi asked him.

"I wasn't planning on it," he said, looking Masi dead in the eye. "If you don't mind me staying the night."

"Mmm. Khushi, get Ramu to prepare a room for him. It is the least we can do to return his favor."

Masi turned and re-entered the kitchen, barking orders at the kitchen maids who seemed to be curious about the stranger they had last seen almost four months ago.

"Why are you doing this?" Khushi asked, "You can damned well return to Mumbai today. Why insist on staying here? This place is definitely not to your taste Mr Raizada."

He held her gaze and advanced toward her, "And how do you know my tastes Khushi?" he asked softly. "Is it so impossible that I would just want to spend a night in your delightful company? Or enjoy a night of rustic relaxation?"

Khushi looked at him like he had sprouted horns, "Nahar will be coming over soon. What do you expect him to think?"

He shrugged, an odd expression crossing his features "I cannot be responsible for what the man decides to think. I am simply visiting with my in-laws to-be. Surely that is no crime?" he asked, a teasing note entering his voice.

Khushi took a wary step backwards and when Arnav took a step forward and lifted his hand. Khushi gasped, turned on her heel, and fled up the stairs without looking back. The sound of Arnav's laughter filled her ears as she escaped, hating herself for her show of weakness. When her room door banged shut, Arnav turned to go get his bag, his gaze fell on the kitchen entrance from which Masi stood, looking at him with a knowing, yet suspicious gaze. He cleared his throat, nodded at her and turned to go get his bag.

He got into the car and fished out his cell phone. He pressed his speed dial and let it ring. It was picked up on the fourth ring.

"Raizada." It was a statement, "I hear you've taken off to Chandigarh."

"It wasn't the plan, but knowing how pig headed Khushi can be I decided to make sure she doesn't find a way to weasel out of getting on that jet."

His friend and partner chuckled, "I totally agree with you. So when do you get back?"

"I should be back in a day or two."

"Whoa...a day or two? What are you going to be doing for..." Akash paused, "What are you up to Arnav?"

"What makes you think I'm up to anything?"

Akash was silent for a few seconds and Arnav knew he was thinking how best to say what he wanted to say without, offending his friend.

Finally he sighed, "She's practically engaged to be married Arnav."

Arnav decided to be blunt, "Engaged, not married."

"They love each other my friend. You have to respect that."

"I do," Arnav said simply.

"You do know whatever you do there will ripple back to me right? I will not be pleased if Payal throws a fit."

Arnav chuckled, "These Gupta women are really something."

"Leave Khushi alone, please," Akash implored him.

"I've done nothing to her Akash," he said softly, knowing the same to be a lie as he said it. He already turned her world upside down and he wasn't done yet, "She's home safe and sound, surrounded by family."

"Do not pick a fight with Nahar. He will probably beat the crap out of you."

"Like hell," Arnav all but growled.

Arnav heard a door open and Akash's secretary say his one o'clock appointment had arrived. He sighed, feeling like a cad for having left his friend to handle some of his work load all alone.

"I'll return tomorrow. Her Masi insists I stay the night."

"That is not how that happened and you know it," Akash said knowingly to which Arnav threw his head back and laughed, knowing Akash knew him better than most people ever would, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Thanks. Take care."

"Be careful," Akash said instead, before hanging up.

Arnav sat for a few seconds, contemplating. He looked up at the balcony he now knew to be Khushi's and saw her silhouette behind the day drapes as she watched, hoping he would leave. He smiled. Interesting, he thought, turning off the engine and getting out. He pulled his bag from the boot and headed back into the living room where he found Ramu waiting to show him to his room.

Anjali stood in the kitchen, absentmindedly stirring the pot of tea on the gas burner. It had been so long since she was in here to put anything at all on the fire. She hadn't cooked in years, not since Arnav insisted that it was time for her to relax and not stress herself so much. He took care of his workers but he demanded the best. The Chef watched her covertly, wondering what had possessed her to step into the kitchen, as other than order what food was to be cooked, she never came in here to make even the pot of tea that she was now making. He sighed and returned to chopping the vegetables that were in front of him. He would have to wait and see what this was about. Of course the servants knew everything. They heard, but did not speak. Still, this very act was a mystery they would have to watch unravel by itself.

As if suddenly realizing what she was doing, Anjali glanced around and saw no one had seen her space out, and returned to seriously doing her business. She knew she was getting questioning glances but that was the least of her problems. She had thought and thought and thought all through last night. She hadn't slept in their room. Shyam had come looking for her, wondering what the matter was. Arnav had gone with Khushi to Chandigarh this morning. God only knew why, because he had that Dia girl right here. She had refused to come out until he had left for work. Dadi had looked at her with knowing eyes, but said nothing.

All day she had been thinking about Khushi. About her husband...about her marriage...about their kids that were now away at boarding school. She hadn't done the right thing since she started being friends with those women, whom it seems had become her life. What did she really have to prove? Who was she trying to impress? She really and truly had forgotten her roots. They were not always like this...rich...famous...and somehow she had forgotten all of that. What had she gone and done? She had effectively destroyed the very foundation of her home because she wasn't paying attention. Tears involuntarily welled up in her eyes as she stood once again, oblivious to her surroundings.

Finally unable to take it as it was too distracting, the Chef went into the living room where Dadi was seated, watching television.

"Dadima," he said softly, fidgeting as he spoke.

"Kya hua Gaurav?" she asked, frowning a little at his obvious discomfort.

"Woh Dadi...Anjali memsaab..." he pointed at the kitchen, unsure exactly what to say.

"Kya hua Anjali ko?" Dadi asked, rising and heading to the kitchen, more out of curiosity than anything.

She was not too surprised at what she found. Yes, it was only normal after a shock to the system. The pot was bubbling over and Anjali stood looking out the window, tears streaking her face which was without makeup today. Her eyes were far away and she didn't seem aware of anything around her.

"She keeps doing that," Gaurav whispered in her ear.

She walked up to Anjali and placed a hand on her shoulder, startling the younger woman out of her reverie. Guiltily she stared at the pot and hurriedly busied herself as if she had been doing that all along.

"Anjali," Dadi said softly, "Chalo mere saath."

"Likin Dadi..." she began to protest, looking at the pot.

"Chalo," she repeated, taking her by the hand and leading her out of the kitchen, indicating Gaurav to take over and finish up, if at all the tea was still good enough to drink. When they were seated in Arnav's study, Dadi turned to her, "What's the matter Anjali?"

"Nothing Dadi," she said a little too quickly, then bowed her head in shame at Dadi's raised brow, "I mean...it's not important."

Dadi smiled, "I think it is, if it took you into the kitchen for the first time in so many years," Dadi said.

Anjali looked ready to deny, but stopped herself as she realized who she was talking to. This woman was no fool. And there was just no getting this past her. She had hawk eyes and decades experience on her...moreover, Shyam was her son after all.

"I don't know Maa," she said, for the first time too, in a really long time.

"Standing around feeling sorry is not going to mend fences between you and your husband my dear," Dadi said straightforwardly, "You realized your mistake, now what are you going to do about it?"

Anjali who was initially shocked by Dadi's declaration, suddenly burst into tears, "I don't know...where do I begin? Everything is so bad...I threw it all away."

"That we know my child, but now we have to fix it."

"How?!" Anjali was frustrated with that particular thought, because she had thought and thought over it but everything she could possibly do would be easily misconstrued. Besides, she didn't even know if her husband loved her anymore or was just with her because of the kids.

"You were making tea right?" Dadi asked, and a red-faced Anjali nodded slowly, swiping at her face with her pallu, "Good. Then I suggest you make that, and wait for him. You can't sit him down and tell him anything. It would be better if you ease your way back into his routines. When he finally does ask you, what you say or do will be up to you."

Anjali was thinking, then finally she asked, "What if I'm too late?"

"Then at least you tried. No one ever got an award for not trying at all," Dadi said, not wanting to give her false hope, because she knew half her son's late nights were not work related. He just didn't want to come home to Anjali. Whether or not there was another woman, she didn't know. But she was definitely sure that her son had not lost all love for his wife, else her actions wouldn't hurt him so much even now.

Sniffling, but with a determined look on her face, Anjali nodded. There was no harm in trying. The worst that could happen would be the confirmation of her fears, that she had single handedly destroyed her own home and had no one else to blame but herself.

Khushi had had dinner alone in her room, refusing to come down in spite of Masi's insistence. She did not invite him and she was not obliged to be civil to him either. Masi would just have to entertain him. During dinner she had heard them talking in hushed voices, but she stayed put. He would be gone by morning, she just knew it. He wasn't welcome here, and neither was Dia. They could go to blazes. She turned and looked at her bedside clock. It was two in the morning and she still couldn't go back to sleep.

The nightmare she had had earlier on, had effectively put an end to sleep. There was only one thing that could help calm her frazzled nerves and tire her enough to give her sleep. Making a decision, she flipped off her blanket and slipped on her shoes, still wearing her cotton nightwear. She opened her huge oak door and listening to see that no one was awake, she crept out and made her way down the stairs to the large drawing room which was once upon a time, used for grand celebrations. It was now their rehearsal space. She pushed open the door, grateful that it had been oiled recently and did not squeak when she shut it behind her.

She walked to the stereo set that adorned the far left of the room and switched it on, turning down the volume. She checked for her favorite compilation and slotted it in the disk, selecting the song she wanted. She turned and began to do stretches, warming up her muscles. She was limber and flexible, but she always took precautions not to strain her muscles. After a five minute warm up, she pushed play on the stereo, waiting for the familiar sounds to fill her ears, and the room.

Effortlessly, her body began to move to the steps of the music they had practiced over and over again for the better part of the past five years. Concentration soon gave way to relaxation as she forgot about the steps and let her body do the movement, recalling the same from memory. A genuine smile curved her lips as she got into the groove of the song, the cool wind drifting in from the windows and the brightly glowing moonlight, illuminating and cooling the large hall as she danced in the space that was so familiar to her since birth.

Arnav was having difficulty sleeping and he didn't like it. The stubborn woman was pointedly ignoring him, and the older woman had grilled him. She was no fool, that one. She could almost read him like a book as they talked. It unnerved him a little. He was musing over all that had occurred since the tornado that was Khushi had entered his life, when he heard the faint sounds of music. He picked up his phone and looked at the time. It was pretty late at night for anyone to be playing music in a quiet house where sound might carry, unless...

He got out of bed and pulled on a t-shirt before exiting the room toward the sound which happened to be coming from next door. He grabbed the handle of the oak door and pushed it open. There were swishing sounds and breathing sounds mingled with the music. Bathed in the glow of the moon, she looked ethereal as she flitted from one end of the hall to the other, clearly dancing her heart out. Perhaps like him, she had been unable to sleep. She was so engrossed in the music that she didn't hear the oak door open behind her. She twirled, jumped, teased, giggled and collapsed in a heap as the song demanded, oblivious to her audience. He leaned against the door he had gently shut behind him and watched her in silence.

Perfection, he thought absentmindedly as he watched her. It appeared to be the tail end of her dance he caught, for soon enough, it was the last strains that slowed her movements till the song faded out. She stood panting, trying to regain her breath. He watched as she walked to the window and looked out, staring up at the moon. The next song on the CD began to play. In the darkness, he smiled as the sounds of Jashne Bahara filled the room. It was the exact same scene from all those months ago, only she wasn't the one singing this time. Barefooted, he walked toward her, stopping just shy of where she stood. He knew the exact moment she realized he was there.

"What are you doing here?" she asked softly.

He was quiet a few seconds before saying, "Watching you." She stood quietly, not replying him. He came over and stood facing her while she focused on the moon, "I take it you couldn't sleep either."

"What's it to you?"

He smiled in the darkness, "You dance beautifully."

It was her turn to pause a few seconds before saying, "Thank you."

"I'll be gone in the morning," he said, watching her watch the moon as her breathing returned to normal.

She looked at him then, "I won't stop you."

He nodded, "You're still upset about what happened on the plane?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said, going back to watching the moon, but not before he saw the look of disgust that crossed her face.

"Yes you do," he said softly.

"I said, I have no recollection of what you're talking about," she said pointedly.

Arnav's eyes which she couldn't see, as she stood looking at the moon, glittered in the dark. "I'll be only too happy to remind you."

As the import of his words sank in, she suddenly realized he had moved and was now behind her. She turned to find he was effectively holding her captive against the window, his large arms on either side of her to stop her escape should she even attempt it.

"What are you doing?!" her frantic whisper sounded in the empty yet music filled hall.

"Simply reminding you Khushi," he said, his gaze locked on hers.

"Are you crazy?! Get away from me!" she shoved at his chest, her efforts clearly in vain as he didn't budge.

He didn't reply, which served to infuriate her more and she started shoving a little more violently. As if deciding he had had enough, Arnav caught her small wrists together and pinned them above her head, immobilizing her.

"Stop it!" she hissed, "I'll scream if you don't let go."

He chuckled, "And risk your household finding you with me in such a compromising position? I don't think so Kumari."

Hearing her middle name, she stopped fidgeting in surprise, goosebumps pimpling her skin at the intimacy that laced his voice when he said her name. In that moment, he covered her lips with his, pleased at the gasp that escaped her. As usual, she refused him access, jamming her lips together. His other hand snaked up boldly and grabbed her behind, meshing their bodies together. The scream that Khushi gave off at the raw intimacy she must have felt emanating from him seemed to encourage him as his exploration of her got bolder. More damning was her body's reaction to his obvious arousal, as she forgot common sense and subconsciously kissed him back, tongues dueling for dominance as his hands caressed her generous curves with familiarity. He hefted her up and placed her on the window sill in one fluid movement, their lips still very much attached.

After what seemed like forever, they broke apart, and for the second time, Khushi's eyes were shut in wonder, savoring the moment. He didn't think she realized her hands were still in his hair. Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at him in the moonlight, seemingly taking in every inch of his face. She was thinking something, he knew. Hell he couldn't understand it either, but it surprised and amused him the more, when she applied gentle pressure, urging him without words to kiss her once again.  He obliged her, elation fueling him on as her legs wrapped involuntarily around his waist, pulling him close to her very core. He knew he could get drunk on the taste of her.

This kiss was more relaxed, but just as passionate. There was an innocence about her that called to the protector in him. And not for the first time, it dawned on him.

This woman was in his system, and was not going anywhere anytime soon. Whatever it took, she would be his and his alone, apologies to no one.

"Khushi," he said softly, watching entranced as she opened her eyes to the sound of his voice, "You did nothing wrong."

Confusion flitted across her face for a second, "Wrong?"

"This...this is not wrong. We're not wrong," he said, willing her to hear and understand what he was saying.

What he was saying suddenly clicked in her brain and a dreadful gasp escaped her, as once again, the reality of what had just happened...the import of it crashed over her like an avalanche. The haze of desire that had colored this moment, falling from her eyes as she clasped her hand over her mouth in horror.

With all her might, she shoved him away, catching him off guard so that he staggered backwards and she seized on that moment to dash past him.

"Khushi!" he called, but she had already exited the hall, and was probably halfway to her room. He stood for a moment, watching the closed door.

He turned and walked to the window to watch the moon in all its glory, a pensive yet determined look on his face.

ALL DONE...

Edited by Ezther - 7 years ago
shoobie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow - loved the update and the space of the story.