Half knowledge is dangerous-Sita

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Today we saw Parasuram had come to Mithila to bow down in front of Shiva Dhanush. The convo between Janak and Parasuram was a beauty. But what I want to discuss is child Sita and half knowledge fed to her. 
Gautam Rishi's son tell Sita she poses extraordinary power as she can lift Shiv Dhanush, hence she will be able to protect Mithila. Now the question. Was it right to tell the child about the extra ordinary power she possesses. Because power if used without direction can be destructive also. And an 8 year old child does not have the knowledge to use it correctly. We all know Hanuman got curse from Rishis that he will forget his supernatural powers unless someone reminds him. And its Jambavan who reminds him of his special powers during Sita search. The curse happened because of his mischievious way and we know though he was told only to meet Sita what all damage Hanuman does to Lanka with his powers πŸ˜ƒ. So imagine child Sita knowing she has a power. 

Now comes the next knowledge that Parashuram kills kings. Again half truth. Parashuram kills adharmi kings. So combined with the knowledge of her power and half truth on Parasuram, this child goes lifts shiv dhanush aims at Parasuram telling she will protect her father. 

Now everyone is afraid as how will the great rishi react. As the child had used her discreation to take decision. 

So once again we have to be very careful on what we tell children. They observe and learn fast. They take things in such a way we cannot even imagine the way Sita did today. Sometime it can harm them, sometime it can harm others. Child cannot be blamed because at their age they did what they thought was right. It is we adults who have to be responsible when dealing with them 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Very well said, Shruthi πŸ˜Š
I hope, Parasuram advises Sita briefly on these points in tomm's episode ! 

Only then, it would make that scene meaningful, IMO.

------

Relieved to see, Kaikeyi is still sane and immune to Manthara's words.

------

Precap - will wait and watch., how far Kaikeyi goes...fingers crossed, she will not develop any ill feeling towards Rama, soon after this.

Edited by adi2512 - 8 years ago
neelakshi-says thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Well said Shruti.

Hi ..I am Neelakshi and I have just joined the forum. 

The point you raised is quite valid ...half knowledge and half known truth is most dangerous as it gives a power into the hands of someone who is not deemed fit to use it appropriately. 

My question here is Why did he have to tell Sita that she possesses divine powers ? Just adding that since every scene is a foreboding to any situation coming later on, what shall that reference be ??

Edited by neelakshi-says - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@neela the reference as I see is time for parashuram to transfer  his power is nearing. Parashuram is 6th avatar of Vishnu. He was born to kill adharmi kings. He is a disciple of Shiva. Now a girl has lifted his gurus dhanush now. That means Shiva has blessed a new power to take charge to protect dharma. Child is standing to protect her father. And to the one who protects her or marries her is the protector of dharma. Heralding new order. Vishnu 7th incarnation. That's why ram get parashuram power post his marriage and not before it. Because he is tested with shiv Dhanush Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Today we saw Parasuram had come to Mithila to bow down in front of Shiva Dhanush. The convo between Janak and Parasuram was a beauty. But what I want to discuss is child Sita and half knowledge fed to her. 

Gautam Rishi's son tell Sita she poses extraordinary power as she can lift Shiv Dhanush, hence she will be able to protect Mithila. Now the question. Was it right to tell the child about the extra ordinary power she possesses. Because power if used without direction can be destructive also. And an 8 year old child does not have the knowledge to use it correctly. We all know Hanuman got curse from Rishis that he will forget his supernatural powers unless someone reminds him. And its Jambavan who reminds him of his special powers during Sita search. The curse happened because of his mischievious way and we know though he was told only to meet Sita what all damage Hanuman does to Lanka with his powers πŸ˜ƒ. So imagine child Sita knowing she has a power. 

Now comes the next knowledge that Parashuram kills kings. Again half truth. Parashuram kills adharmi kings. So combined with the knowledge of her power and half truth on Parasuram, this child goes lifts shiv dhanush aims at Parasuram telling she will protect her father. 

Now everyone is afraid as how will the great rishi react. As the child had used her discreation to take decision. 

So once again we have to be very careful on what we tell children. They observe and learn fast. They take things in such a way we cannot even imagine the way Sita did today. Sometime it can harm them, sometime it can harm others. Child cannot be blamed because at their age they did what they thought was right. It is we adults who have to be responsible when dealing with them 

Wow! how do u really choose the topic😲
Exactly we should watch what we speak in front of children

yavika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Well said Shruti

Your posts are very thoughtfull !
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks Mano and Yavika. Whenever I watch a show especially mytho or anything taken from mytho I look for the overall learning in an epi. Actually yesterday epi dealth with half knowledge. Sita's half knowledge, half knowledge given to Kaikeyi by her brother. I will put the effect hopefully in today's epi analysis
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
 I have been worrying about this happening ever since the Gautham rishi's son told Sita that she will save her father and the state as she could lift the sacred BOW. Had he continued his words a bit more and advised her as "with proper education from the most learned Guru's". Now without even knowing how to use an arrow with BOW, Sita directly lifted the BOW and stood in front of Parashuram and loudly said 'no one can harm her father when she is there'. Just imagine, if Parashuram was really in an ager mood and came to harm king Janak what would have been the reciprocation of Sita's act? It would have been the end of Janak or Sita would have receibved some Shrap for countering such a great saint. It was good that he was calm and was here to view & to bow in front of Shiva Dhanush and he may feel the scene as if "mata Parvati is holding the Dhanush in front of him" and he may bow down in front of this child. But what will be the future of that? Sita may grow more confidant that she can do anything and everything just be holding the sacred bow and no one can stand in front of her. If she gets that mindset, will that be good for a princess? Will she even hear to her parents words about proper studies?

It is high time King Janak and queen Sunaina think of teaching Sita some decorum about when and where and how to speak to elders and it Is very urgently required before things go out of hand.
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Thanks Mano and Yavika. Whenever I watch a show especially mytho or anything taken from mytho I look for the overall learning in an epi. Actually yesterday epi dealth with half knowledge. Sita's half knowledge, half knowledge given to Kaikeyi by her brother. I will put the effect hopefully in today's epi analysis

This half knowledge given by Yudhajeet to his sister may result in her retaining Manthara in Ayodhya.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Jaya. Even in Sabha episode I had felt Janak should have taken Sita to task. And after this Shiv Dhanush lifting they should really do it. But I feel most probably Sita's maturity will come post marriage only. I really feel she is unintentionally going to cross some paths which will also play a role in the coronation mess that eventually happens.
Kaikeyi might be fine with Kausalya as Rajmata. But something unintentional from Sita's side can spew venom on Manthara's part , imagine what will happen if Sita becomes Queen than Ram becomes king.
I somehow feel CVs are going that way only.