ARSHI OS - Arranged for her , Love for him

tuli_jayee thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Hello guys, here, I am again to torture you with another of my story. Well this story is basically dedicated to my cute friend shalini.ranjan . Well I was chatting with her , when she gave me idea of this OS & insisted me to write this. Well, I have given this story a try & I don't know how it came up. So, feel free to criticize. We have plenty of brilliant writers on this forum & plenty of brilliant critic as well. .So an honest criticism will be highly appreciated , instead of being abusive. So, friends, please give me honest opinion about this story (Though I feel like, it's more like a narration)

If interested, read my other stories too

OS- It's FIFA World Cup 2014 -https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4096860

OS- When two scarred sould met -  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4105410

OS-Arranged for her, Love for him - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4482874

OS- Budding Love - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4566369

SS- Pyaar Overloaded - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/129379200

SS- It's Time to Move On https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4596914

SS - 3 letters & a short story - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/133339507

ARRANGED FOR HER , LOVE FOR HIM

It was the 2nd week of December in Delhi & as usual quite cold outside. But Khushi was feeling as if it is the coldest night, she has ever witnessed in her life . She is not sure whether she is feeling the coldness in her bones due to the actual weather outside or because of nervousness. She is very nervous, scared, shy & what not to even step out of her washroom & is very conscious of the fact that her husband is currently waiting for her outside in their bedroom. It is technically' their first night. Well technically, because of the fact that they had gotten married a day before & had immediately shifted back to Delhi as Khushi was slated to join her office day after tomorrow. Khushi 's home city is Kolkata & her workplace is in Delhi. Well, she was allowed to take a months' leave from office in a year including all medical, casual & privilege leaves , but she had already used 14 days of them to visit her hometown to help her parents in her wedding preparation & reserved the remaining 14 for her actual wedding. But there was another twist. Her two BFFs & colleagues - Ratul & Shreeja were also getting married during the same time (with each other obviously), as it is a oath taken by them, that they would get married around same time but not on same date (as they don't want Khushi to be left alone when Ratul- Shreeja get married) . Two auspicious dates were found in the span of 14 days & since, all of them had to resume their offices immediately, they not only decided to skip their receptions but their honeymoon part as well. So precisely, a day after Khushi get married, she has flown back to Delhi with her in-laws & her husband. So, to compensate the loss of their reception or honeymoon, Khushi's in laws mainly Arnav's elder twin-siblings  Aakash & Anjali have decided to arrange for a special first night' for them. After reaching Delhi, they cut short of the after-wedding rituals . Completing the dinner with rest of the family, the newly wed couple was driven to Arnav's penthouse on the 16th floor of his office building  & on reaching there , without wasting any further time, Akash along with his wife Payal & Anjali along with her husband Shyam had taken leave from them . Everything was happening so quickly that Khushi didn't get any chance to think about anything, & suddenly when she was all alone with Arnav , she got tensed. To avoid that, she let her eyes roam around to take in the appearance of the furniture, designs & everything that is infront of her.

Arnav seeing that cleared his throat, Well Khushi, since we have to stay two days over here, before resuming our work, you will get enough time to see the rooms & furnitures. Since, you seemed like tired why don't you get freshen up'.? Come in, let me show you our bedroom.' He held the door open for her & Khushi entered the room. Hearing the door closed behind her, she saw Arnav locking the room.

Khushi replied with an awkward nervous smile ,'O...Okk. You are tired too. You go first. I will go then. I will take more time than you.

Arnav replied with a smile ,'Ok. Let me help you take out the jacket'. & stretched his arm to remove Khushi's jacket.

Khushi jumped back,'N..no. I mean, I can take it out myself. D..don't worry' .

But seems like Arnav is in no mood for that, so inspite of Khushi's protest, he helped her in taking out the jacket, slowly caressing her arms over her shirt  . Khushi couldn't understand whether it was intentional but she avoided confronting. Arnav . After sometime, Arnav came out all freshened up & without paying attention to how he is looking , she hastily entered the washroom. & now she is praying continuously that by the time, she entered their bedroom, Arnav should be asleep.

Well, Khushi's nervousness is also due to the fact that theirs is an arrange marriage. She used to work as an Interior designer in the firm owned by Mr Avinash Raizada - Arnav's paternal uncle who is younger to Arnav's father. Aakash, Anjali & Arnav - lost their parents in a car crash when they were 16 & 13 respectively. In the same accident Avinash also lost his wife Nandini. So, it is practically Aninash who raised these three children all along with his son Nandkishore who was only 8 yrs then. Arnav has always been most favourite to Avinash because of his nature & also due to the fact that he resembled his late brother & Arnav in turn always obliged to whatever his uncle said.

The old man has known khushi for a long time & always joked how he wished to have a daughter like her. Sometimes, he even said that, if Khushi's parents would have allowed, he would have adopted Khushi long time back. Khushi knew Arnav & their entire family through Avinash sir only & even assisted Arnav in designing one of his restaurant . But their relationship never progressed beyond that. After settling down in her job, at the age of 28, Khushi's parents reluctantly' started looking for a perfect groom for her . Well reluctantly', because of the reason that Khushi's family has a tradition of love marriage' for last 3 generations. So, even at the age of 28, when Khushi couldn't find herself a boyfriend, her family decided to intervene. Rehne de, tujhse nahi ho payega' - was their words . It was then Avinash brought the proposal of Arnav to her family, as he knew Khushi's family on personal level too. Well Arnav was nurturing a heartbreak for last 4 years , but since all insisted him to give his love & life a second chance, he agreed. Well, to be very honest, Khushi was busy with her job, friends, hobbies that she didn't thought about relationship. With her parents aging & her elder brother already settled with family, everybody thought of getting her married, fearing, she will start feeling lonely very soon. Well, on her part, she agreed understanding their logic & also due to the fact that she possibly couldn't make her BFFs wait for eternity to get married. Though this marriage has been an arranged one infront of everybody including Khushi's eyes, there is an angle to Arnav's side known only to Aakash - Payal & Anjali-Shyam

Arnav has been excitedly waiting for his wife to come out of their washroom, afterall he has more reasons than one to be happy. But looks like, his wife is in a mood to torture him for god- knows- what reasons, for she is taking forever to come out. After patiently waiting for an hour, he decided to intervene. He knocked the door,'Khushi are you ok? Is there any problem'???

Khushi who was nervously praying, hearing Arnav's voice, realize, it was all wasted. She replied in a small voice,'No problem. 5 mins'

Arnav internally groaned- 5 mooore minutes !!!!! He realized Khushi is feeling nervous & awkward, so he decided, not to ask anything more. After another 5 more painful minutes Khushi emerged from washroom. She was wearing a long t-shirt with a geometrically printed PJ & with her long wet hair, she was creating a mesmerizing picture to her husband. Arnav continues staring at her. He got into a trance seeing her nervous, shy beautiful wife. He slowly got up from the bed & walked towards her. Khushi got more nervous. Arnav walked into her personal space & held her face into his palms. He continued slowly,'hey, so finally you got changed. What took you so long. I have been waiting for you'.

Khushi didn't know what to reply. Arnav continued,'It is so much cold here. Why did you wash your hair. What if you would catch cold'?

Khushi slowly replied,' I guess my hair got dirty, so I needed to wash them'.

Arnav leaned forward & kissed her forehead. Then inhaling her fragrance continued,'hmmm, you smell very nice & must say quite mouth-watering'

Hearing this Khushi snapped at him. Arnav grinned & continued,'What?? I am joking Khushi. Can't I do that much with my wife? 

After a moment of silence, he asked in a low voice,'What do you think, I am a cannibal & eat you up?' after pausing for sometime continued in a low husky voice,'Well, seeing you in such a cute attire & smelling so deliciously , I cannot guarantee that'.

Khushi got extremely scared .So, to ease her, Arnav hold her hands & make her sit on the bed

Relax. Why are you so nervous? Arnav asked.

Khushi thought, there is no way in delaying the entire thing, so she confessed,'Well, I am uncomfortable with you. Well don't take it otherwise . It's just that I don't know you so well & only interacted when we were working together . Even after our marriage got fixed, we both are so busy with our work that , we hardly met & spoke over telephone for few times. I know you married me because of you felt obliged to your uncle & I agreed because of my family & friend. But, the fact remains same that we are practically strangers. & I don't understand but seems you are very comfortable with me. Don't you feel awkward or weird in sharing a life, room & even your bed with a stranger like me'?

Hearing Khushi, Arnav smiled. He decided to tell Khushi his part of story too. Well Khushi, I agreed that you do not know me that much, much I can tell you that is not the case with me. Chachu used to tell me so many things about you, that I already kind of felt, as if I know you personally. Well while working together, I got a chance to know you on a much closer note & trust me I have always liked you. Remember the time, when we were just talking about random things, you suggested me to talk to my ex-girlfriend - Sheetal. You told me, that since I didn't got a proper closure to my past relationship, I am not able to move on. Though I didn't quite agree with you, but later, I went & talk to Sheetal. We talk the whole evening that day about our relationship, why she broke up with me, how, we both are stuck, how she still feels guilty & how I can't move on. While talking, I got my much needed answer, & decided without interrupting her married life, I will too move on. At that time, if you hadn't talk to me on behalf of Sheetal, I would have hold grudge against her for my entire life & would have never thought of moving on. I admired you that inspite of not knowing Sheetal, you tried to make me see things from her angle too & hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have thought about marriage. It's because of you, I agreed & it's only with you, I want to give my love & life a second chance.  During our courtship, may be we didn't meet or chat a lot, but the little things that I come to know about you during our little conversations make me fall for you.'. After a little pause Arnav added mischievously ,'  & with a life time ahead, I am sure , I will make you fall in love with me .

The way Arnav said those words, it makes Khushi smile. After few moments of silence, Arnav asked hesitantly ,'But the time we worked together, did you for once, never liked me ?

At these, Khushi shyly replied,'Well, I liked you a lot too.'.

Arnav asked mock hurt,'Then, why the hell did you act all pricey till date'?

Khushi rushed to clarify,'Well it's not like that. Actually rest of your female employees too liked you a lot. Moreover, you were my boss's nephew, so totally a forbidden territory. I was trying to save myself from a sure heartbreak, so didn't allow my heart to walk into that territory'.

The moment Khushi finished, both of them started laughing. After composing themselves, Arnav asked,'Since, now you know my story, will you allow your heart to walk into that territory'?

Khushi lowered her lashes & nodded. Arnav bend forward to kiss her as a promise of a beautiful, colorful & cheerful future ahead.

Edited by tuli_jayee - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simmi-arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Today my shakkar-pie had stunned me!

RESERVED hai!  Dare not trespass *BHOOO*😉😉😉

UNRES:

Oho Shakkar ki dukaan, 😛

I dint knew you could write so beautifully.👏

I enjoyed reading the small narration of Arnav-khushi's coming together in marriage and later getting to know each other when apparentley they were supposed to have a romantic and filled with ahhm-ahhm, wedding night.
And like one of your reader said, I too hated the part where Arnav seemed to not be able to move on until he had a chat with Sheetal. 😡😡😡

With that one line, pehle tune bataya ke arnav ki girlfriends reh chuki hai, upar se woh usko lekar serious tha, tabhi toh heartbroken hua hoga na, then sheetal got married but janaab devdaas bane rahe, aur phir khushi ke kehne par he finally went to talk to that sheetal for an entire evening aur tab jaake got a much-needed closure.

Itna toh mai phir bhi jhel leti but how could you make him say that he couldnt move on because of that?

Yaha Arnav-khushi story chal rahi hai ya Devdaas-version-7????😕😕😕😕

Well anyways, The best part of the entire shot was how khushi waited in the washroom for Arnav to fall asleep. Bechari ne ek ghanta bitaaya Bathroom me, I wonder kaise? Kaafi garmi  hogi nai? But Acha hai! Arnav deserved that for all that shital-business.

I loved the end too, suhaagraat me kiss toh banti hi hai, glad you showed that!😃

Now my darling, since you want honest criticism, I have one small suggestion for you. Can you please reduce the length of your paras.The beginning one, for example, was very huge. It shouldnt be like that, breaking the flow at appropriate makes our story reader-friendly.Thats all I had to say, because other than that your attempt is superb.👏👏

And dont take that Sheetal wala part in my comment seriously. Tujhe toh pata hai mai Arshi ko lekar kitni possessive cum monsterative hu *kripaya is word ko dictionary me naa dhunde*😆😆

Keep writing more sweetheart,
With love,

Simmi 😳😆😆
Edited by simmi-arshi - 8 years ago
_Chaverah_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
res
un-res

If this is your first attempt, dearie, you rocked. The transition was nice and neat. The fact that you'v let it be light and not too serious inspite of the twists and turns was commendable. 

But, if you want a real, no sugar coated opinion, I must say that, the zest of the story is quite strong. Its impressive and close to reality. And sometimes, the lighthearted way you pen it might slightly kill that firm essence. However, its just my perception, hun. If you'v wanted it to be as free flowing and simple yet beautiful as it is, then i must say that you'v done a wonderful job.

And yes, I gotta agree with Simmi. What happens na, as a reader, when you see a long para, you lose half the interest. Try splitting the same into 2-3, you are bang on!

But apart from that, I loved this piece. Thanks a ton for the PM!

Love&Hugs!
Edited by Chaverah_TFC - 8 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Liked theOs, but not the fact that he loved sheetal deeply n she dumped him, had it been some other girl, it wudnt have mattered. But the name sheetal in arshi story makes me cringe, n him in love with her is indegestible.
Anyways, rest all was good, initially i thought mayb he ws in love with Khushi only, n some MU happened. But no, it had to be sheetal the bitch

TwisterGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Jayeeta yaar... first of all, sorry for such a 'late' unres, but you probably know why 😉
So sweet of you to dedicate it to me, but like I said, this OS is your baby... my idea was just the beginning and the end... 😆

I liked the way you spun the background of Arnav & Khushi... really didnt expect that Arnav was in love with Lavanya... I was amazed to see that twist (and a couple others too!)

Coming to the main part, 'ahem ahem'; was that really Arnav teasing Khushi? hehe, never expected that! You did bring forth Khushi's nervousness nicely and also the way Arnav handled things with her, taking everything slow while still giving Khushi the space she wanted. Good job there! 👏

Since you did ask for an honest criticism, I would tell you this... when I had started reading this OS, you have written everything in the 'present tense' ... I could literally visualize everything playing out in front of me, but then suddenly sometimes the usage of 'past tense' in the middle, it kinda caught me off-guard, like disrupted my flow of reading... but apart from that; I totally enjoyed the OS, it was a pleasant read... do write more OS'es ⭐️
Edited by shalini.ranjan - 8 years ago
Simanthar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful update. Loved it,  how Iwish u cud convert this into an ff. 
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome OS's 
I read all 
They are just awesome
Plz add me to ur PM list
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's such a beautiful story... Loved it...
tuli_jayee thumbnail

Originally posted by: simmi-arshi

Today my shakkar-pie had stunned me!

RESERVED hai!  Dare not trespass *BHOOO*😉😉😉

UNRES:

Oho Shakkar ki dukaan, 😛

I dint knew you could write so beautifully.👏

I enjoyed reading the small narration of Arnav-khushi's coming together in marriage and later getting to know each other when apparentley they were supposed to have a romantic and filled with ahhm-ahhm, wedding night.
And like one of your reader said, I too hated the part where Arnav seemed to not be able to move on until he had a chat with Sheetal. 😡😡😡

With that one line, pehle tune bataya ke arnav ki girlfriends reh chuki hai, upar se woh usko lekar serious tha, tabhi toh heartbroken hua hoga na, then sheetal got married but janaab devdaas bane rahe, aur phir khushi ke kehne par he finally went to talk to that sheetal for an entire evening aur tab jaake got a much-needed closure.

Itna toh mai phir bhi jhel leti but how could you make him say that he couldnt move on because of that?

Yaha Arnav-khushi story chal rahi hai ya Devdaas-version-7????😕

Well anyways, The best part of the entire shot was how khushi waited in the washroom for Arnav to fall asleep. Bechari ne ek ghanta bitaaya Bathroom me, I wonder kaise? Kaafi garmi  hogi nai? But Acha hai! Arnav deserved that for all that shital-business.

I loved the end too, suhaagraat me kiss toh banti hi hai, glad you showed that!😃

Now my darling, since you want honest criticism, I have one small suggestion for you. Can you please reduce the length of your paras.The beginning one, for example, was very huge. It shouldnt be like that, breaking the flow at appropriate makes our story reader-friendly.Thats all I had to say, because other than that your attempt is superb.👏👏

And dont take that Sheetal wala part in my comment seriously. Tujhe toh pata hai mai Arshi ko lekar kitni possessive cum monsterative hu *kripaya is word ko dictionary me naa dhunde*😆😆

Keep writing more sweetheart,
With love,

Simmi 😳😆😆

I know re Simmi, Arshi ki beech koi bhi agaya to aisa reaction normal hain - chahe wo Sheetal ho ya koi aur. Main ek change chaa rahi thi, ki kya hota agar Khushi Arnav ka pehla pyar nbahi hota toh ?? Well , it's not who came into our lives first, it's that, end tak sath mein jo rehta hain, wohi humara actual love hota hain..

& friend hain, isiliye to honest opinion maangi nah. Friends tujhe humesha honest opinion denge, so that you can improve. So, thaaank you a lot for your suggestion. Next time se dhyan rakhungi.

Love you. 
tuli_jayee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chaverah_TFC

res

un-res

If this is your first attempt, dearie, you rocked. The transition was nice and neat. The fact that you'v let it be light and not too serious inspite of the twists and turns was commendable. 

But, if you want a real, no sugar coated opinion, I must say that, the zest of the story is quite strong. Its impressive and close to reality. And sometimes, the lighthearted way you pen it might slightly kill that firm essence. However, its just my perception, hun. If you'v wanted it to be as free flowing and simple yet beautiful as it is, then i must say that you'v done a wonderful job.

And yes, I gotta agree with Simmi. What happens na, as a reader, when you see a long para, you lose half the interest. Try splitting the same into 2-3, you are bang on!

But apart from that, I loved this piece. Thanks a ton for the PM!

Love&Hugs!

Thank you Chav for your honest & lovely opinion. Thank you for liking my story. Well the way you said, I would keep that in mind from next time while writing any story. & then also if you find any fault, always do share it with me. Friends always gives honest opinion for further improvement. So, really, thaaank you a lot dear.

Love you