ARSHI SS - Pyaar Overloaded

tuli_jayee thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Hey Guys, here I am again , to torture you with my another story . Well, the title was suggested by one of my IF friend - Shalini. ranjan. 

The idea of this story came into my dream, so I thought of make it an ARSHI story. This story is in 6 parts & since, I always believe that, sometimes, reading the entire story in a go is fun, so I am posting all the parts together.

Feel free to criticise, suggest anything & everything, give your reviews, 'like' it, 'comment' on it, but please , a simple request, don't abuse it. Cause every story is like a baby to the writer. Considering this, don't be harsh on it.

Except for abusing, you are free to say anything & everything.

If interested, read my other stories

CHAPTER - 1

'Arghhh , I just hate him. Given a chance, I would have killed him long time back.'

----------------------------------

'I simply wish to cut him into pieces & feed my dog. By the way, he is such a pathetic person that my dog will suffer from indigestion , if he ate him.'

-----------------------------------

'Delhi is such a big city & out of every damn building, he has to take a rented flat in my apartment only. & the worse part is that, he stays in the same floor like me.'

------------------------------------

'He is such a pain who irritates me all the time & I SIMPLY HATE MY LIFE'

'Lavi , calm down sweety. Lets have our lunch.'

Khushi ...I...

'See, to kill him, you need energy & for that reason, food is required. So, at first have your lunch, then we will see to it.'

Lavi aka Lavanya is sitting in her office cafeteria with her best friend of 7 years cum colleague Khushi during the lunch hours & as usual was taking out all her frustration & anger against her enemy of 26 years  - Aman , & as usual being a true friend, Khushi is silently listening to all her complaints, which is , a regular occurance.

Khushi & Lavanya were classmates in same college . After completing their Masters in their preferred subject & later working with different companies separately, they are now in same office. While Khushi is in Accounts Department, Lavanya works in the Marketting Department.

While Khushi & Lavanya shared a deep rooted friendship, similarly Aman - Lavanya shared a deep rooted animosity for each other. But that was actually a weird thing, as both their families share a very deep relation. While the relationship started with a friendship between Aman's parents & Lavanya's parents, when , they are in college , this friendship only increased with time. Lavanya came from a joint family & Aman's family has become an extension to it. So much so, that all the elders plan their vacation together, while the younger lot accompanies each other for shopping, movie outing , road trip as both Lavanya & Aman's cousin knew each other very . But , all these family gathering or outing is avoided by Lavanya , whenever Aman is present over there. Both the families are clueless about the reason behind this animosity & through years they have tried to sort out their issues , but finally have lost hope& decided to stop bothering the two.

'I do not know how to deal with these two. When they are at office or with friends, they are completely different & when they come face to face , it feels like a Third World War is going to take place. How long will Amu & Mithi continue this hatred when both the families share such deep friendship. Payal said while resting her head on Aakash's shoulder.

'Common Payal, we know it was like this forever. We all have tried & failed. So, why don't you too stop worrying about them Aakash lovingly said while draping his arm around her shoulder.

Because, I am actually worried about them. When we were children, things were different. & now , all of us has got settled in our career, how long will they behave so childishly ? Payal couldn't stop worrying.

I seriously do not have any clue. I am too tired of this. Amu was never like this. Rather he has always been friendly with everybody. Then, why with Mithi, he behaves like this ?

Mithi is also , not a complain baby. But with Amu, she behaves so violently. & everyday morning, these two fight & Mithi always left for office empty stomach. I don't know, if not for her best friend Khushi, who would have calmed her down or make her have her breakfast or lunch.

Ya , I know. See, we can't do anything to help them. So, better forget about them for the time being. By the way, tell me how was your office today.

Payal & Akash decided to forget about their siblings - Mithi aka Lavanya & Amu aka Aman for the time being.

It was a weekend & Khushi was feeling very bored. , her flat mate Priya went to meet a boy, her family has chosen for her marriage, whereas her best friend Lavanya is out of city for some official work. So, Khushi decided to go the nearest Video Game parlor - Cafe X  to spend some time.

Yes .. yes ...yes, I won I won . Khushi was visibly excited after clearing the next level of Medal of honor'.

But, a game is not that exciting, until & unless you play with someone else. Playing alone is not that fun.' Khushi sighed.

I agree', Khushi's monologue was interrupted by a voice. She turned to her right, to find the owner of the voice - a boy of her age , may be 3 or 4 years elder , who was also playing the same game. See,  my best friend always accompanies me in this game & today as he is busy, I came here alone & playing alone is actually no fun'. The boy informed & looked up to see what Khushi is playing.

Will you play with me ,  both of them said in unision. Though it sound utterly childish, but gamers like Khushi or that stranger didn't care about it. Both were happy to finally find a partner with whom they can play such exciting games. , it's better than playing alone.

Within few minutes, Khushi & the stranger get drowned in their world of games totally forgetting their surrounding.

Edited by tuli_jayee - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tuli_jayee thumbnail

Chapter - 2

Listen nah Lav, I am having a problem yaar'. Khushi was sharing her problem with Lavanya

Now what ?

Arey, my flat mate Priya is getting married. After marriage, she is going to shift to Bengaluru. She has already applied for a transfer, & she is shifting to Bengaluru before her marriage'.

It's a good news Khush. Why are you sounding so upset'?

Arey, I can't bear my flat rent all alone. You know nah how costly it is. So, I need to find a new place to stay & also somebody to share my house rent yaar'.

Okay, if that is the case, you can stay with me & Payal di.

Are you sure?

Are ha baba. Infact Payal di & I have been telling this same thing to you, when you first shifted here. But , you chose to stay with Priya , as both of you came from outside.

Arey, now don't start it all over again. Fine. I will shift with you guys by next weekend.

It was a week later Khushi got shifted with Lavanya. She was having quite a fun time with the girls. One morning, Khushi woke up hearing loud noises & curse words

What the hell is happening?

She came out to find, Payal is cooking & there is no sign of Lavanya.

Good morning , Khushi. Come sit nah', Payal greeted her.

Good morning di. Where is Lav'?

Can't you hear the voices from outside. , it's Mithi. Actually, Aman was out of Delhi, last week, so there was no problem. Seems like he is back last night, & my Mithi is having her daily greetings with Aman.

Oh, not again yaar'. Khushi sighed. But seems like this is a never -ending fight. So, Khushi decided to personally fetch Lavanya inside.

Stop fighting yaar. Let's go, inside'.

Ey, Hi'

Oh, hi. You & here'?

Ya, I stay here. But how come you are here'?

What the hell. Khushi, you know him? He is a pathetic person. Never ever talk to him again'.

By saying this, Lavanya almost dragged Khushi inside leaving a highly surprised Aman behind.

What was that ? How come do you know Aman ? Once inside, Lavanya started shooting questions.

Actually, he is the stranger , I was talking about for last one month, whom I met at Caf X. But, Lav, he is not that pathetic , as you have said.

Ooo, now he has become so good friend to you, that you are trusting him over me. How could you Khushi ? Stop being friends to him. He is my enemy of 26 years. My entire family already supports him way too much. I  Don't want to loose my best friend to him. So, don't talk to him ever'.

Now Khushi is in dilemma. Neither she could loose her best friend, nor she could loose such an awesome gaming partner. Now, how to make non- gamers like Lavanya understand the value of such an awesome gamer & how could she make her see that that she was so much addicted to these games that, she can't loose such gamers. (, addiction of video games could be understood by a true gamer only)

See, Lav, you are my bestie. But Aman is an awesome gamer. He is the best partner, I have got till date. See, you will not accompany me for my daily dose of games, how could I let go of Aman'?

Find some other gamer , Khush', Lavanya was ready with her suggestion.

See, it is hard to find such amazing partner. Plz Lav, for me. Trust me, he would always be my gamer friend. I would always be your bestie. I would never ever prefer him over you. But, just for our gaming session, please accept him.

After lots of insistence from Khushi & even Payal, Lavanya agreed but with lots of terms & conditions'.

Today is Aakash's birthday & he has invited Payal, Lavanya , Khushi to his flat. , Aakash is another flat mate of Aman , apart from being Payal's boyfriend. Apart from aakash, & Aman, they have another flat mate Arnav, who is till now not formally introduced to Khushi.

After shifting with Lavanya ,Khushi is currently on cloud nine. , she has more reasons than one to be happy. First, she is staying with her bestie. Second, she has got amazing partner in Aman, with whom, she spend all her weekends trying new games . Seems like these two eat, drink & sleep only games . Their obsession over games appears to be highly  irritating to Lavanya & sometime even Payal & Aakash. They have only one topic to discuss - games, as if nothing else exist in the world apart from games. After initial hiccups, Lavanya also has come to terms to Khushi - Aman's friendship. , she can't do anything in this matter. Because, separating Khushi from video games is not possible & now with  Aman , there is nothing stopping Khushi .  .

But , the third & extremely exciting reason for Khushi is that, there is a handsome stranger who lives in this same apartment. Though, Khushi is not aware of the flat, he lives in , but she will find out soon. After all for this handsome stranger, she has turned into a stalker. One morning, she by sheer luck came face to face with this stranger returning from his morning jog . With the help of her stalking power, she gathered many information about him - like he goes for a morning jog around 5 a.m, he mostly prefers late evening session in apartment gym , he left for office at about 8.00 a.m , he goes for his late evening exercises at around 9 , he mostly wears striped shirts (as khushi have never seen him in any other designed) , he owns a Royal Enfield bike ( one of Khushi's fantasy is that, someday she would go on a long bike ride with her handsome stranger) . Only, one problem is that, this stranger goes missing on weekends - why ?  she would find out soon.

So, finally today, Khushi decided that she would take help of Aakash Bhaiyya & Aman to find out more information about this stranger . After all what are friends for ? They might know him or even they do not know him, they can also go for this late night exercises & bring out for information about him. Khushi's plan is ready.

After some time, Khushi find herself seated in one of the couch between Aman & Lavanya. Payal is busy with Aakash, & Khushi was left with no option than to sit between the two, otherwise, nobody knows, when they would start fighting. Aman offered Khushi to play any games until Arnav arrived, but one glare from Lavanya make Khushi refuse , though , internally she was dying to play. After sometime their last guest - what was his name , ya, Arnav , arrived. With his arrival, Aman too get up from the couch.

Yaar lav, don't sulk yaar. It's your would - be jiju's birthday. At least smile a little.

Hey , Khushi, come here. You haven't met my friend Arnav nah. Come here, I ll introduce you two.

Giving one assuring smile to lavanya, he walked towards Aakash & his friend who was turning his back towards Khushi.

There you are. Khushi , this is Arnav , my friend & Arnav , this is Khushi, our new neighbor & also Lavanya's best friend . Arnav turned around to meet Khushi.

tuli_jayee thumbnail

Chapter - 3

The moment Khushi's eyes met Arnav, her breathing stopped. What the hell was that !!! Khushi felt numb. She doesn't know how to react. In order to stop making a fool of herself, she somehow managed to give an awkward smile & simply nodded.

Before Arnav could utter a simple hi or hello, Payal came over there & start dragging everybody to cut the cake. After cutting the cake, nobody wasted their time & started putting it on each others face. Aman smashed a large piece on Khushi's face & she in turn run after him with another piece. The scene doesn't go down  with Lavanya , so she took another piece & throw it on Aman's head. , sensing that this childish fight can turn into a serious one, Payal & Arnav took charge & requested everybody to clean the area, so that snacks could be served.

After clearing the area, Akash suggested they should play something, to which Aman instantly offered  a multi player video game & as usual the idea was rejected. They continued pulling each others leg, played truth & dare for some time & after having dinner which was home delivered from a nearby restaurant, Payal, Lavanya & Khushi went to their flat at around midnight.

That night Khushi couldn't sleep at all. Obviously, the handsome stranger, whom she was stalking for last one month is actually her neighbor or rather she should say Aman & Akash's Bhaiyya's best friend - Arnav. Now, till date, she knew him to be a stranger & that's why her plan was to appoint Akash & Aman to gather information about him. Now that she knows , he is their best friend, Khushi is clueless how to proceed beyond that. Arghhh !!!!! Now she has to think about Plan B.

It's already a month & Khushi has yet not come up with a solid plan. In this month, she visited Aman as usual innumerable times on the pretext of playing games but also at the same time to catch a glimpse of her handsome stranger. Sometimes, she succeeded, sometimes, she wasn't. Sometimes, she heard his voice from other room which confirms his presence but he never joins them. Now, she can't ask too many of questions about him to Aman, which can raise his suspicion. & she doesn't know whether, she should share her thoughts about Arnav to Aman.

But looks like fate has some other plan. It was quite late in the evening & Khushi was standing in her balcony feeling extremely bored.  Payal & Aakash were not in town as they both went their home for their upcoming wedding. Whereas Lavanya is on her official tour. After spending some more time doing nothing, she decided to pay Aman a visit. Aman was talking about some new game, that he has installed, so she decided to try it.

After knocking the door for third time, it was opened by Arnav. Now, Khushi stood there without blinking her eyes. Her mind went numb. It's just 7.30 p.m, what was he doing over here. It was not yet time for him to come home. & where the hell is this Aman.

Is Aman home ? After gathering her nerves, Khushi managed to ask.

No. He is out of town. Arnav replied.

Oh. Sorry. I didn't know. Khushi said in a small voice. Now, Aman is also not here. & thus Khushi lost the chance of staying a little near to Arnav. She was feeling angry, helpless, & lots of unnamed emotions & turned to leave.

Wait. Arnav's voice stopped her.

You want me to tell him something or is there any emergency ? Arnav enquired.

No, actually, nobody is at home. & I am feeling bored. Also, Aman told me two days back that he has installed a new game & I should come over to try it. So, I thought of coming here today. Khushi replied truthfully.

Then why are you leaving ? Come inside. So, what Aman is not there , you could still play it. Arnav offered her.

Aman was saying it's a multiplayer game. So, playing alone will not be that much fun. Khushi pointed out the matter for her worry.

If you don't mind, I can play with you in Aman's place.

W-.H-A-T Khushi is extremely shocked.

Oh. Ok. I get it. You don't want to play with me. Arnav sounded hurt

N..n..no. It was not like that. Aman & Aakash bhaiyya , always used to say that you are busy. So, I was wondering, do you have so much spare time ? Khushi managed to hide her excitement.

Oh, don't worry about that. Even I was feeling bored. Come on in. Arnav opened the door more wide & let Khushi in.

Wow wow wow. That was awesome. Khushi was feeling extremely excited. She has finally got a chance to spend an evening with her crush. Hold on Khushi. Hold your excitement, otherwise, he might think you to be crazy.

After sometime , both of them gets settled down in their gaming world. Though within a short time, Khushi realized Arnav is not as great as Aman, but still he is a decent gamer. Infact, she enjoyed his company a lot . After playing for 3 continuous hours , Arnav offered her to have dinner with him instead of having dinners separately at each others flat. That night , when Khushi went to sleep, she has the best sleep of her life feeling happy, contented & what not .

Same night, in Mumbai

After attending a meeting followed by a dinner , Lavanya was returning to her hotel.  the restaurant, where Lavanya was attending the meeting, it was  located just opposite to hotel they were staying. After the dinner, her colleagues decided to spend some time in the night club located at the basement of same restaurant, as it is the last day of their week long stay in Mumbai. But Lavanya was feeling tired, so she decided to return back.

While crossing the road, suddenly she saw a car was moving at her in fast speed overtaking other cars. Panicked she run to save herself from the inevitable collision & failed to notice an elevation on the footpath , she lost her control & fell flat on it. The car zoomed past her. When she tried to sit back, she found her ankle got twisted in the process & it was hurting. People gathered around her. To save herself from further embarrassment, she tried to stand on his feet, but was not able to do so. She found a hand was stretched towards her & without looking at the owner of that hand, she hold it as a support to stand on her feet . Seeing her standing, the crowd started to get dispersed. Lavanya turned to the stranger to thank the person, but all colour drained out from her face to see it was Aman. She tried to remove her hand, but couldn't do so, as Aman hold it tightly.

Leave me, I am fine.

Ya, I can see that. Come , I will drop you to your room.

I don't need your favour. You will help me one time & then throughout my life you would make a story out of it, exaggerating every fact & telling everybody that how you literally saved your enemy's life. I don't need that.

Stop it Lavanya. Can't you see that you can't walk on your feet. Take my help. I will do no such thing as you are saying.

I don't trust you.

You don't have to trust me. You just come with me or I will simply carry you in my arms to your room. & I am sure you are not going to like it.

Lavanya stopped for a moment. She considered whether Aman can work on his threatening. Getting in dilemma, she decided to take Aman's help for the time being & nodded. Aman helped her to the elevator & reaching  her floor helped her further to enter her room. He made her sit on the couch & went to bring water for her. When he returned, he found Lavanya crying uncontrollably. He realized Lavanya is in too much pain. He called the front office to check, whether they can arrange for a doctor. Sometime later, the front office executive brings a doctor along with him to Lavanya's checking. After checking her, doctor concluded that in a hurry Lavanya might have injured her ankle ligament. But to be on the safe side, she should get an x-ray done the next day. The doctor prescribed few medicines & asked to wrap a crape bandage or an ankle support . She was also suggested complete bed rest for a week. The doctor also farther warned her to take as much rest possible as ligament injuries takes a long time to get cured. After the doctor left, Aman asked Lavanya to inform her colleagues about the same & went to buy her medicines & ankle bandage. That night , while wrapping her ankle , Aman informed her, he too came for a business meeting the same day & was supposed to stay for a week. He saved Lavanya's number in his cell & informed her to call him if she needs anything.

That night, when Lavanya & Aman went to sleep , they realized something deeply shifted in their 26 years of hatred. Aman for the first time, felt some tender emotions seeing Lavanya in pain & Lavanya too for the first time felt thankful to Aman.

tuli_jayee thumbnail

Chapter - 4

Last week have been awesome for Khushi. , she enjoyed the extensive company of her crush. She found out many facts about Arnav that he previously he used to work as a chef in Taj Group of hotels & then he left his job to start his own business & for last 3 years , he has been running his own chain of restaurants . He further informed, that his friends often forced him to prepare different delicacies for them & how he always happily obliged. His family stays in Gurgaon, but since his business is in proper Delhi , so he visited them on weekends. He hates to stay alone, so he shares this flat with two of his bestie inspite of having a penthouse in Delhi .  She enjoyed talking to him a lot. In the first two days , they exchanged their numbers & called up each other to check whether the other one reached home, & if yes, then Khushi comes to Aman's flat to play games. But on the third day onwards, Arnav called Khushi up to check whether she left office, then pick her up on the way (fulfilling Khushi's wish of having a bike ride with Arnav) & after reaching home, they get to each other's flat for a quick freshening up & then Arnav comes to Khushi's flat. , his main intention was to save himself from playing those action filled video games . Instead he offered Khushi that he is going to teach her new recipies. Though , frankly speaking, Khushi was not very excited with the idea, obviously cooking delicacies in place of an exciting round of Star Wars Battlefront  - sounds not so interesting. But still she agrees , because it would ensure her  Arnav's  company. After all sometimes to get something, you have to loose something. & thus both of them fell into a routine which Khushi loved a lot & as for Arnav,  only he himself knows

Things progressed a lot between Aman & Lavanya too. , Lavanya's team supposed to leave the day after her accident, but seeing her condition, & also on Aman's insistence, team decided to leave Lavanya behind. Moreover, their boss also granted her a medical leave. This one week, Aman attended morning business meeting & evening , he used to keep Lavanya company. , initially those evenings were nothing but awkward. Obviously, because in all these 26 years of acquaintance, there was verbal spats, yelling, quarelling & many times serious fights between them. & then suddenly one fine day, they found Lavanya has to depend on Aman, for moving & walking while Aman found himself responsible for Lavanya. Awkwardness was bound to happen. But, then just like mature adults, Aman decided that this childishness has to stop when fate has presented them with the opportunity. After talking with each other, though they found out that the reason behind their animosity is quite childish & though they have a good laugh about it, still they fill clueless about how to proceed now. So, they decided to be civil towards each other from now on.

That night, after all the revealations, Aman reflected on what Lavanya has confessed. Being the youngest of all the members in her family, she was always very naughty. Everytime, her elders used to scold her for her activities. But, her mother founded a separate strategy. She used to draw comparisons with her elder sister & other cousins that how, they were all so studious, disciplined,  mannered. Each & everytime, Lavanya joked that since she is so naughty, that's why people understand the goodness of her cousins. If, she also belongs to the same category, nobody would have understood the others worth & they would get generalized. Seeing no change in her, Lavanya's mother started comparing her with Aman. From there only, things started getting worse. 

Her mother & sometimes other elders in an attempt to change her, increased the amount of comparing them so much that they didn't realized when the fun -loving Lavanya started loosing her confidence & become more & more insecure. She started hating Aman. She thought, her mother hated her because of Aman. No one could blame her, she was a child then. But sometimes, elders do not realize these changes. Thus began the deep rooted animosity between two. Lavanya became revengeful, & carry out relentless pranks on Aman. Though Aman used to take them sportingly, but later he realized those were nothing but a form of hatred from Lavanya. In addition, each & every time, Lavanya was severely scolded & sometimes beaten up by her parents . Aman used to enjoy those session, so he too make situations to get Lavanya being scolded by her parents. Thus Lavanya started distancing herself from her family & cousins & she started to enjoy her school friends company a lot. She hated holidays & hated being at home. She didn't wanted to go on vacation with her family & finally when Lavanya entered her teens, her family realized , she has grown extremely distant from everybody. 

Though the regular parent-teacher's meeting at school assures her parents that how good is Lavanya in her studies & her overall discipline & behavior, but it has cost her natural charms. Her family specially her elder sister & other cousins  tried to bridge that distance & with years of persuasion , finally Lavanya started bonding with them like old times. But her equation with her mother didn't improve. Not that, she hated her mother, she loves her immensely & the feeling is mutual from her mother's side as well . But with years of being distant, they don't know how to cover that distance. Sometimes, her mother regret her method of comparison but she is extremely proud of her daughter. She has long back accepted her for what she is. They show their love for each other in indirect ways. Her hatred for Aman increased with time. Her family wanted to make things right between Aman- Lavanya , but soon realized any more pressure for the same will again make Lavanya distant . So, they stopped bothering the duo. After completing her 12th , Lavanya decide to do her BBA & later MBA from Delhi & shifted over there. She has joined a company in Delhi & visited her family only on occasions.

Lavanya too reflected on what Aman said. He always liked Lavanya as she was the cutest little kid of the family & he really liked playing with her pigtails. He liked the pranks played by her & he also in turn carried out pranks with her which makes her more irritated. But, he never realized why Lavanya hated him. He wanted to make friendship with such a cute little kid & wanted to make her his playmate, but she in turn always hated him which increased with time. He was always hurt with Lavanya's behavior but still possess certain soft corner for her with apparent no reason. & so now when he saw Lavanya hurt , he couldn't stop caring about her.

Now, with all these revelations, they have fallen into a routine, where Lavanya behaves civilly with him, & Aman,  he has initiated his side of friendship with her.

After spending two extremely busy weeks with family, doing shopping & deciding on the decoration of their marriage halls, deciding menus, selecting invitation card design, when Akash & Payal returned back to Delhi, they saw few changes in the overall routine.

To begin with Aman & Khushi's over enthusiasm over video games have lessened a lot. Yes, still they are obsessed with this electronic device, but, they only sit & chat a lot instead of playing games when Arnav & Lavanya are around. All four of them now have dinners together. Arnav now cooks at home more often & that too with Khushi's assistance. But, the most shocking of all is Aman & Lavanya converse a lot these days. There were hardly any verbal spats or fights. This makes them all the more happy as with their upcoming wedding they don't want their siblings to fight.

It was a regular morning but both Aman & Arnav took a leave from their respective offices just to laze around.

Yaar Arnie,  I want to say you something re. Aman hesitated

Ya. What is it?

Actually, I was thinking a lot about it for sometimes now.

Whaaat ?

Actually, I was thinking of asking Khushi for a date. Do you think she will agree ??

Huh?

See, frankly speaking, all our choices & tastes match. I will never get a girl who would understand my passion for video games. Rather, all girls would only complain, that how I love video games more than them & they would always complain about other silly things. But Khushi is not like that . She understands me so well . So, I was thinking of taking our friendship to next level. Do, you think , she will agree ?

Huh? It was like Arnav has a problem in either hearing or understanding Aman's words . Suddenly he said, I need to go to someplace else. I have some work. We will talk about it later'. & then he hurriedly left the flat.

Aman turned around to find Arnav already left & Lavanya was standing at the door with a shocked expression written all over her face. She came to meet Aakash but Aakash was not at home & she overheard their conversation.

You only want to date Khushi or are you seeking any relationship ? Lavanya asked the first question that came to her mind. Then without waiting for an answer , she left .

Aman thought in his mind, what the hell happened with these two ? Then a slow soft smile appeared on his face.

tuli_jayee thumbnail

Chapter - 5

Arnav was roaming around aimlessly on the road with his bike. He doesn't even feel like going to his office. Everything was going on fine , but now this sudden declaration from Aman is making him restless. Aman & Khushi - on a date ? Why is that needed even? Both are good friends because both are crazy , obsessive, gamers. They have only one common topic to discuss & that is Games. Otherwise they hardly talk , obviously being always immersed in game world, they have no time to talk. But life is not about playing games specially relationships. So, Aman - Khushi undoubtedly will made a very very bad pair. He should make Aman see things. He can't get into a relationship with Khushi & hurt her in the process. She deserve someone more mature, more caring, more loving ... yes, he must stop Aman in seeking a relationship with Khushi.

Is he trying to look out for the best of interest for both his friend or is there something else - a corner of his heart ask his brain.

This question makes Arnav all the more restless, because deep down he also knows the real reason. One day while returning from his morning jog session, he came face to face with this sweet girl, who was collecting some letters from the letter box located at their apartment ground floor. But after few days he noticed that this same girl was there everywhere - when he used to come back from jogging, she was returning from her morning yoga session, which happens to be arranged in the ground floor of their apartment , when he left for office, he always found her in the parking lot with her scooty, when he returned from office, many times he watched her carrying groceries back to their apartment , even sometimes, he happens to meet her after his late evening exercises .

Seeing her everyday, he has a little doubt whether the girl was stalking her or not, because all of these cannot be mere co-incidences . But his doubt got confirmed when he saw her waiting in the balcony in the morning, looking at the entrance - at the time which was supposedly his time to return from morning jog , while he was hiding . Then the same thing happened in the parking lot too. He was extremely happy. Anybody at his place would feel happy if they found such a sweet stalker. So, Arnav was also enjoying this attention a lot. Infact, many time , he wants to confront her, or may be initiate a conversation with her, but he didn't want to make her nervous, so refrained from doing such stuff. But, when he met her at Aakash's birthday party, he was more than glad to see that she is his neighbor. After that, whenever , she visited Aman in his presence, everytime, he felt restless, in his room thinking how to proceed her or initiate any conversation with her.

So, when fate presented him with an opportunity in Aman's absence, he didn't think twice before inviting her in his flat. Then slowly everything fell into place, their playing games together, long phone calls, returning from office together, cooking together, having dinner together. That was a heavenly week. But even when everybody returned, their routine was not hampered about which he feared a lot. Still they chat a lot instead of playing games, texts each other, exchanges recipies , often tries new recipies together.  Now all of a sudden, Aman's interest in her as more than friends is making him restless. Now, if Aman is serious, he can't hurt him by saying that he has developed a feeling or rather interested in his stalker . Now, he has to think of something or devise a plan.

Lavanya was sitting in her flat clueless. Yes, Aman was her sworn enemy, but after her accident followed by his taking care, things have changed, though not drastically, but still a lot. They talk more often & behave civilly with each other. But if he seeks a relationship with her bestie, that means , she has to be friendly with him more - this feeling is quite unsettling. Not to forget quite awkward & weird too. & what about Khushi . Is she also interested in him. She promised her , that Aman was just a gaming partner, nothing more. What if , she also have a feeling for him & can't express  Moreover, seeing her bestie at such close proximity with her enemy was always quite disturbing & now if they get into a relationship , it will be more awkward.

Her musings came to a halt with a knock on the door . Lavanya opened the door to find Aman standing outside.

Hey

Hi, Lavanya replied. Come inside.

Why did you leave all of a sudden ?

Nothing like that.

You asked me a question & didn't wait for my answer ?

Lavanya remain silent.

Now, what happened.

Nothing, you tell.

After a moment of silence, Aman asked ,' Lavanya, if I ask you for a favour, will you do that.

What ? Is he going to ask her ways to woo her bestie ? Oh no.

Don't worry, not a very big favour. But it is in the best of interest for everybody.

& out of everybody, you need my help?

tuli_jayee thumbnail

Chapter - 6

Hey Khushi, what happened'? Lavanya asked concerned seeing her friend sitting alone in the darkness of their apartment balcony.

Khushi looked up at Lavanya & sighed thinking whether she should tell Lavanya the truth or not.

Hey, tell na , what happened?

After some moment of pause Khushi replied,'Aman asked me on a date'. Before Lavanya could reply anything, Khushi cut her ,'Please let me finish. Don't get hyper & don't make plans to kill Aman.'.

Fine. Continue'.

See, Aman is my gamer friend & there is nothing more to it from my side. You know, I would never chose him over you'.

Are you asking for my permission to go on a date with Aman? I mean like seriously you are planning to go on a date with him & are seeking my permission'?

No, there is a different problem'.

Now, what was that'?

See Aman is my friend & he asked me on a date. I don't know whether its just a casual date or is he seious about me. I don't want to hurt him but I don't want to go on a date'

Why? What is the problem. You can go as friends .

I know . But what if he is serious. Besides, there is another problem'.

Now what'?

What would Arnav think about it'?

"What? Why would he care? & Why are you concerned about what he thinks?

Khushi released a deep breathe & continued,'Lavi, I like Arnav & had a huge crush on him. I don't know, what he feels, So, the problem is the person, whom I have a crush on, is not interested in me, & I don't know, how to proceed & one of my friend has asked me on a date & I simply cannot just go & tell him that, hey, sorry, I can't go on a date with you as I am interested in your friend. I am so messed up'.

Okay, chill. Let me think about it.

After some further discussions, Lavanya thought of an idea & shared it with Khushi. Khushi at first hesitated, later agreed.

In the mean time, Aman's flat

Hey Arnie, where have you been all day. You simply just got vanished. Listen na, I have already asked Khushi on a date.

Arnav just entered his flat. Hearing his words , he turned around & slowly asked Aman, I thought, our discussion over that topic was pending. But now, I think, it was never required as you have already taken the decision'.

See, don't get upset. It's just that, you are out whole day & I was feeling extremely nervous about what to do, so without thinking anything, I asked her.

Did she agree?

She didn't replied anything.

Then , wait for it.

Arnav didn't know what else to say. Here he was thinking of making Aman understand few things , but since Aman already asked Khushi for a date, he is scared now thinking of Khushi's reply. One part of her heart says, Khushi has a crush on him , so might not agree. But, another rational part says, that he was just a crush. What if Khushi feels something deeper & strong for her friend.  He doesn't even want to think about it.

He went to get freshened up. When he returned Aman informed him that Khushi has agreed for the date & she herself called him up to inform the same.

After that Arnav went too silent. He went to his room citing some work related reasons & locked him up there. He felt clueless & didn't know, what to think or do.

It was The Day', means - Khushi- Aman's date . Both have already left & Arnav was sulking in his room. He was feeling like a modern Devdas, whose love life ended even before, it started. He was thinking, whether to buy a whiskey or Vodka bottle & emersed himself in that intoxication to get over this frustration or depression, whatever you named it.

A knock on the main door make him come out of his sorry state. He opened the main door to find Lavanya waiting outside.

Hey Arnav, what are you doing ? Are you busy'?

No, tell me, what happened'?

Are , I was feeling bored. You know na Aman-Khushi were on date & even di & Aakash Bhai werebusy too. So, I thought of coming to you & have some chit chat. If, you are not that busy, then why don't you come with me.

Now, what was he suppose to say. That no Lavanya ,  I can't come with you now, as I was thinking of getting drunk & listening to some sad songs & think about my lost love. But no, he was a practical man, so he decided, he needed a distraction & it's better to hear the meaningless blabbering of Lavanya than to stay in his room all evening.

Shake & Bake

Aman & Khushi were sitting in the popular roof top snacks bar Shake & Bake'.

"Hey Khushi , you remember this place'?

Khusi was thinking of how to make it clear to Aman, that she is not interested to take this relationship beyond friendship. Hearing Aman, she shook her head in negative.

Arey, we are just above caf X - the place where we first met & our friendship started.

Oh yes, Khushi nervously replied. What is Aman hinting at ?

This place has become very special for me from that day. Aman continued.

Ohhh. Why? Khushi asked.

Because I got you . I mean a great friend as you.

Oh.

Khushi you are very special to me. & I seriously can't explain you, how happy I am to have got a friend like you.

Khushi could only nod with an awkward smile.

I never thought that ever in my life I would met a girl who would understand me so well as you do or who could understand my passion for video games. I am extremely happy to find you finally.

Khushi was getting more nervous with time.

I brought you here , just to say that, I really really really like you a lot Khushi. I ... I think... I have already fallen for you Khushi - there Aman said it finally with lots of dramatic pause.

Now, Khushi didn't know, how to tell the truth directly on Aman's face who is looking at her wit hopeful eyes.

Taking a deep breathe, Khushi replied, It's really great to have got a friend like you Aman. & I truly value our friendship. You are really a great friend of mine, but ... I do not feel anything more for you.

Aman say something

Please

What Khushi? People always mask the rejection with ' lets be friends'. You yourself have just done that. What do you expect me to reply?

Aman, I am sorry

Sorry for what, breaking my heart ?

Aman got up from the seat & walked towards the secluded end of the roof top . He faced towards the citylights infront with his back towards Khushi

Aman , just listen to me once.

No, Khushi just leave me. I don't need any explanation. Because the bottom line is that you simply just rejected me by friendzone'ing me. I am just not good enough for you.

Aman, plzzz yaar listen to me. I like somebody else.

Wow, simply great . So, somebody else is already in the picture. - Aman said sarcastically.

Aman yaar, plz listen. I am really sorry.

Don't be. It's my destiny. Another rejection. BTW, who is the lucky guy. - Aman sounded extremely heartbroken.

Seeing Aman's condition, Khushi was unsure, whether to tell him the truth or not. He is already heartbroken. But, to see the reason behind it infront of his eyes that too on a daily basis will kill him.

Just leave it Aman. Plz listen to me. You are a great friend & I don't want to loose you.

Ya, such a great friend that you never think twice before breaking my heart. I just want to know, for whom you have caused me so much pain. Just tell me .

To stop this discussion once & for all Khushi took a deep breathe & went on blabbering  , Aman, it's Arnav. I like him & I don't know whether he feels the same for me . May be he doesn't feel the same for me . & if I tell him that I like him then he might be going to break my heart , just like I did with you. But then it's Ok. I couldn't hurt you more by lying to you. Once again, I am really really sorry Aman'.

Without hearing anything from Aman's side, she raised her head to find Aman was looking at her amusedly & trying hard not to laugh out.

What was that?

Arey, I was joking Khushi. Obviously you are a great friend & obviously I love you, but just as a friend. I was simply pulling your leg. & here comes your surprise. Turn around.

Khushi turned around just to get the biggest shock in her life. There Arnav was standing with a shocked expression on his face & Lavanya was standing behind with a smile.

Um...uh...I ... Khushi was unable to form a sentence.

See this is the reason. Neither you, nor Arnav is going to confess his feelings, so Lavanya & I planned all these. Aman informed.

'You & Lavanya ... planned all these'?

Flashback 

Don't worry, not a very big favour. But it is in the best of interest for everybody.

& out of everybody, you need my help?

See, Payal di & Bhai are busy with their impending wedding. & I can't ask Arnav or Khushi.

But why not ?

Ufffo, it is about them only. How could they help?

What about them ? It is clear that Lavanya is clueless.

Aman went on explaining that he have a doubt that Arnav is interested in Khushi. & now, he wanted to be sure of Khushi's feelings. Then only, he can help them come together.

Then what about, your & Khushi's date.

I ask Arnav intentionally to know his feelings, obviously.

Oh like that ? So, you are not interested in Khushi.

No Lavanya, I am not. Khushi is a very good friend of mine. She is just like my female version. We have same strengths & same flaws. So, in no way we could complement each other. Whereas Arnav  & Khushi - they simply complement each other.

So, what do you want me to do ?

You just talk to Khushi  find out whether she is interested in arnav or not ?

Ok, I'll do that 

Present day 

Yes, silly, both of you love each other, but thinks that you only like each other. Both of you have stuck to your crush phase only. Now, you guys go & talk, while let me enjoy my evening with my 26 years of enemy - turned - friend.

After they left, there was an awkward silence. So, Arnav decided to break it, Will you like to eat something'?

Ya, sure'.

With this, both of them went to sit & have something to eat. Now, those who are wondering, what happened next - for them, people who are in love knows how to break the ice, how to confess their feelings & how to proceed in a relation . So, let Arnav & Khushi decide , how they want to take this relationship ahead, & we , being their loyal supporters , should allow them their privacy & leave good naturedly.

alwaysarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
A really different take. Loved it.
Chapter 1:
Lavanya and Aman are sworn enemies. I think i like that πŸ˜†. I really hoped that it was Arnav who Khushi met in the gaming point. 

Chapter 2:
Khushi is torn between her bestie and her gaming partner. good that Lavanya accepted to let Aman be Khushi's gaming partner.
Khushi is stalking Arnav eh? Now that's interesting.

Chapter 3 & 4:
Now Arnav and Khushi spend some time together. A truce between Lavanya and Aman. Will that lead to something else?
Aman is going to ask Khushi out on a date? WHAT THE?

Chapter 5:
Arnav knew about his stalker. What would be Khushi's reaction when she comes to know of this? This "😲" isn't it?
Is Lavanya really worried only about being more civil to Aman and nothing else? Investigation kareka padi. 
Now what help does Aman want from Lavanya? Something's fishy.

Chapter 6:
It was all a plan??? But then I realized I have been holding my breath a little too long hoping Aman wouldn't spoil whatever was budding between Arnav and Khushi.

Ah let us give them some privacy to have a heart to heart talkπŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for the PM dear😊
TwisterGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Okay, first of all so so sorry for commenting so late. You know I had read it already πŸ˜‰

Honestly Jay, I am not a huge video game fan, but after reading your story I am thinking its high time I start indulging in one... if that helps to land on such a good friend like Aman...haha.

I loved the small twists at the beginning of the story... I actually thought it was Arnav & Khushi, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that its Lavanya & Aman who are sworn enemies for a change. Very refreshing. I think you have carved out the love story between Aman & Lavanya also beautifully along with Arshi. Good job. β­οΈ

Akash & Payal... ahh.. always the cute and matured lovey-dovey couple 😊

Loved the confession. Sometimes we do need an intervention to realize the 'love' factor... and I was so glad that Aman had intervened in time, before Arnav could have come in his ASR avatar or Khushi had changed to her 'Sanka devi' mode. hehe. 
Ahaa, what an ending! Its like they say 'Picture abhi baaki hai' haha. Nice story!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
SaiSreePN thumbnail
Amazing story loved it very much looking forward to read more... Plz pm me next update
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Its completed or more parts to come
Loved the SS
Its jus so simple n sweet muhaaa
Plz add me to ur PM list