Other Topics

*From To Sathish* - Thread 3

nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi Friends,

The previous thread has crossed 150 pages.. So here we go with the next thread.

Lets together enjoy this journey of writings with Satish in this thread.

Link for the previous thread are below..

**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163)

*From To Sathish*-Sathish's new movie Info & Pics pg20!

Nithya

IF Tamil Section Dev. team Member

Edited by nithyamkv - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Thaai endrum en thaaram endrum unnai ninaithu vazhgiren
Patta maram naan endru irundhen
un kai pattu,un idhal pattu marubadiyum malar vidum maram aga nirkiren
udalil nenjillai endru iruttil nindren,un nenjai en udalil vaithu
ennai vezhyil,veyilil,velichathil azhaithu vanthai
thalai kuninthu nadanthen,kangalil sinam enthi vazhnthen
anbai koduthu.kaadal koduthu,un udalai koduthu
manathai koduthu,neeyum mannan,en kannan
endru en mel un anbu mazhai pozhinthai
Thaai endrum en thaaram endrum unnai ninaithu vazhnthen
illai nee ennaku swasikum katru,uyir vidum moochu
naan vanangum thalaivi endru ippozhuthu vazhgiren

nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Satish,

Your acchi ad has become a super hit at my home.. 👍🏼 My kids keep singing that song all time..

Nithya
light_dark thumbnail
Hi nithya

Tell them that aachi mama conveys his regards and blessings.
light_dark thumbnail
                                        Chapter 19

The Vaigai river, daughter of the sky, wanders ever on the tongues of poets, who sing the generous gifts she bestows on the land she has blessed. Most cherished possession of the Pandya Kingdom, she resembles a noble and respected maiden. Her dress is woven of all the flowers that fall from the date tree,the vakulam,the kino,the white kadamba,the gamboge,the tilak,the jasmine,the myrobalan, the pear tree,the great champak, and the saffron plant. The broad belt she wears low around her hips is adorned with lovely flowers of kuru and golden jasmine, mixed with the mushundai's thick Lianas,the wild jasmine,the convolvulus,the bamboo,the volubilis,the pidavam, and Arabian jasmine. The sandbanks,edged by tress in blossom, are her youthful breasts. Her red lips are the trees that spread their red petals along the shore. Her lovely teeth are wild jasmine buds floating in the stream. Her long eyes are the carp, which playing in water,appear and vanish like a wink. Her tresses are the flowing waters filled with petals.

As if she knew the sad fate that lay in store for young Kannagi, the river Vaigai had put on her best veil made of precious flowers, and could not hold back the tears that filled her eyes. After passing along narrow paths through the woods, Kannagi and Kovalan reached the bank of the river. Both cried out in wonder:

"This is not a river but a stream in blossom."            
                   Silapadigaram  by Ilango Adikal-Translated by Alian Danielou

Cry me a river

"I thought how lovely and how strange a river is. A river is a river, always there, and yet the water flowing through it is never the same water and is never still. It's always changing and is always on the move. And over time the river itself changes too. It widens and deepens as it rubs and scours, gnaws and kneads, eats and bores its way through the land. Even the greatest rivers- the Nile and the Ganges, the Yangtze and he Mississippi, the Amazon and the great grey-green greasy Limpopo all set about with fever trees-must have been no more than trickles and flickering streams before they grew into mighty rivers.
Do I change like a river, widening and deepening, eddying back on myself sometimes, bursting my banks sometimes when there's too much water, too much life in me, and sometimes dried up from lack of rain? Will the I that is me grow and widen and deepen? Or will I stagnate and become an arid riverbed? Will I allow people to dam me up and confine me to wall so that I flow only where they want? Will I allow them to turn me into a canal to use for they own purposes? Or will I make sure I flow freely, coursing my way through the land and ploughing a valley of my own?" Aidan Chambers, This is All: The Pillow Book of
Cordelia Kenn

Sadayavarman Kulasekaran stood facing the east as the sun slowly raised its head over the land and then raised his hands over his head and sang and said his prayers to his gods.He stood waist deep in the water of the river vaiagi and mother vaigai,sensing his pain lapped at his body as if to massage his troubled mind and to tell him it would be all right.

Like a dark cloud,like a small black rock sadayavarman rose from the water and slowly made his way up the steps and taking the dry cloth which lay on the golden tray,wiped himself and then taking some thiruneeru from meenakshi amman temple,rubbed into his forehead.

Nikantan his minister,political advisor bowed in respect ' thennavan,chemmal,usithan, pandya naatin thaayum neeye,thanthaiyum neeye'.

King kulasekaran smiled and said ' true that i am now the father and mother for my land,but what land is that nikantan.Like my people i am also chained and hang as a puppet in the chola kings hands.I know it and my people know it and yet they shower me with so much love and respect.But that aside,what good news have you brought for me today.'

Nikantan ' my king,the people are gathering but it will take a few more years to build a strong army.Word has been sent in all four directions and soon,good news will come swiftly.I beg of you to be patient and wait before we march into war for this time'.

Kulasekaran looked at nikantan ' yes,for this time we will not be spared and will be killed.But then that is so much better than living like a slave at the mercy of the chola king.I hate the sight of food and water for it now belongs to my enemy and yet i eat and drink to keep my body strong and ready to go to war and i am not worried about losing for i am ready to die a warriors death and go meet my forefathers with pride '.

Nikantan shook his head in sadness ' my lord,what about the people? what about your brother? what about your wife and son? what will become of them?'

Kulasekaran broke down and crying replied 'that is why i am still alive for i don't know what to do,i just don't know what to do.Do i live like a slave or should i just kill myself and end this for i am dying a slow death everyday.'

An old man slowly walked towards them and he was dressed in orange.The soldiers guarding the king stopped him and told him to go away for the place was reserved for the king and his family.But the old man refused to leave and the soldiers roughly pushed him away and the poor man fell to the gorund.Hearing voices being raised,kulasekaran rushed to the place and was shocked to see a frail old man on the ground.He knelt on the ground and slowly helped the old man up and looked at his general and asked him what had happened.On hearing that the old man was handled roughly,the king angrily drew his sword to cut off the soldiers hands who had dared to ill treat an old man in such a manner.

The old man hurriedly stopped him and told him to calm down and that his guards were doing their duty,which was to protect him and not allow strangers for they could turn out to be assassins,out to kill him.

King Sadayavarman Kulasekaran stared at the old man and started roaring in laughter 'what,kill me,an assassin to kill me.Now i think i should really chop of that guard who pushed you down for then in future he will dare not stop anyone from approaching me.Maybe,maybe then like you said,luckily some assassin will really kill me and put me out of my misery '.

The old man looked at the king ' you want to die,when the time is coming soon when your kingdom's fortunes are going to change '.

Sadayavarman Kulasekaran looked at him and not understanding the old man asked him to be clear about what he was saying.

The old man smiled and said ' my mind tells me this.From the sun,from the east will come a sign that the pandyan kingdom is ready to rise again and shine again in glory.The time is not right now but soon the sign will come and when it comes,you will know what i meant and until then it is wise to be patient'.

Saying these words the old man walked away and soon disappeared into the thick forest.

Sadayavarman Kulasekaran and nikantan stared and both wondered at this prophecy and made their way towards the palace.

Many,many years later Sadayavarman Kulasekaran heard the news that the chola king had been defeated and they were free once again and he heard his brother,the new king Maravarman Sundara Pandyan sing praises about their mighty warrior general who had led them to victory.

' Dressed in pure white and with the sun at his back he rode into battle.I heard the chola soldiers scream in terror as they ran to save their lives, that they thought they saw mahakala come down from mount kailash to wage war against them.My brother you should have seen that splendid sight for kathiravan looked like our lord shiva came out of meenakshi amman temple with his hair streaming wildly behind him.what skill,what valor and what speed.i think he must be the very god that we have pray to for he massacred hundreds of chola soldiers,single handedly and his eyes glowed with a strange light'.

Sadayavarman Kulasekaran heard the praises about kathiravan from his brother Maravarman Sundara Pandyan and with a smile his spirit left his body to float free over his beloved madurai.

I am azhagan son of .avini,Pakalon,Maasilan,Kathiravan,Meykandan,Koman,NikaranI have come from the east and i have come from the light.

I am fire and i am water. I am hell and i am heaven and i will bring peace to you.

The boy who went into the dark and came back with light.

light_dark thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ28e7nRs3w

My new aachi rasam ad
Edited by s.satishkumar - 9 years ago
light_dark thumbnail

Love knows no gender and it is one circle and it starts,finishes and completes itself.All it need is the soul and the initiative.

I was jogging early one morning and i heard the cries of a puppy.i stopped.looked and in the bushes,i found two bright eyes staring at me and i slowly went near it and knelt down.The puppy came out and sitting on my shoe looked at me with imploring eyes and asked me if i was similar to its mother.I smiled,scratched its ears and whispered ' i can be whatever you want me to be' and picked it up and took it home and gave it a bowl of milk and off it went to a deep sleep.Later i left it at blue cross and whispered a prayer.Just carrying a life in your womb does not make you a mother,least of all a good mother.Caring for life,protecting life and nurturing it is what love is all about and what motherhood is all about.I became a mother to the puppy when i held it close to my chest and carried it home to feed it.I became a father when i let it sleep and then gave it a home.I became a protector when i loved it and nurtured it.In the end there is no father,there is no mother and there is only love and it is all for love.
light_dark thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3pCotJjCfo

My wife's first film and still considered a great film.
naadagam thumbnail
Originally posted by: s.satishkumar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3pCotJjCfo

My wife's first film and still considered a great film.

Wow Sathish - Congratulations to her! YedharthamAana Nadipu - wonderful! Wishing her many more success.
light_dark thumbnail

Chapter 20

"It's the fire in my eyes,

And the flash of my teeth,

The swing in my waist,

And the joy in my feet.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally."

Maya Angelou, Phenomenal Woman: Four Poems Celebrating Women

In bloom,from bud to flower

Woman you are life itself for you carry and nurture life and in the end you will die defending that very life.

Until a certain age, say ten or eleven, boys and girls will run, play,fight and spend time together without ever knowing that they are different and are two halves of one circle. Then the girl say when she is about eleven or twelve will disappear for a few days and she will come back but different,very different. She will carry herself in a certain way and boys will avoid her, shun her as an alien and only when they come of age, when they feel the stirrings of mother nature will they look at a girl again and very differently.

The years rolled by and the seasons changed and the tiny blind girl grew up and blossomed.From a fawn she slowly transformed into a graceful deer.But sadly although her body changed revealing swells and curves, she remained blind and rather ordinary looking.Avini had come of age and after her first bleeding, her mother sat her down and spoke briefly to her about women stuff and how to go about things.

Avini sat quietly and felt her stomach and she felt something stir in her breast and soul and she knew that she could not wait to be a mother,to hold a child and to have something that came from her soul and would understand her completely. This overpowering feeling of motherhood she felt was frowned on but was ignored by all the villagers and they spoke in hushed tones and whispered ' blind and ugly. wonder who will marry that poor girl and it will be a miracle if she marries at all'.

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of love." -Maureen Hawkins

Appanar iyya was the only person she could talk to and avini frequently went in search of him and sat by his side and both discussed matters of the heart and matters of the world. But then the old man often disappeared into the forest and she heard many villagers gossip about how he had gone mad and that people had seen him wandering mumbling and whispering to himself.

She also heard rumors that their king Sadayavarman Kulasekaran was quietly preparing to go to war and was waiting for a sign and that the sign would soon come and word had been spread to all villages that all able bodied men should be prepared to train and go to fight for their king and country.

Whispers, rumors,gossip filled the air in most of the villages and in the evening, most villagers sat by the fire and discussed what was going to happen and they also spoke about strange lights in the forest and shadows that stayed hidden in the deep forest. But most brushed it off saying it must be those mad Siddhars going about their tantric rituals in the night and it was better to avoid them and leave them to their madness.

With rumors of war and shadows in the forest spreading through the land of the pandyas,into the small village of kurunji came Gunalan.He had a home near the village of perumalvaram,but travelled the land offering his many skills for hire.He was an excellent carpenter,builder and was a handy man in the fields.But the only problem was that he was drunk most of the time and would not stay in one place.He had come to the village of kurunji to meet appanar iyya and when told that the old man had not been seen for many days,decided to go back to his village perumalvaram which was about 20 kms from kurunji.But since it was late in the afternoon,he decided to sleep in the village and leave the next morning.Fate works in mysterious ways and it began working harder in avini's life.

Gunalan was about 25 years old and had spent most of his adult life drinking and when not drinking working.He let his feet travel on its own path and where he found work,he would work ,eat a bit and spend the rest of the time drinking.But for his drinking he was generally considered to be a quiet fellow and one who rarely got into trouble.

Late afternoon turned to evening and soon turned to night and avini sang with her sweet voice and the voice carried to the sleeping gunalan and he wondered what bird sang in such a sweet voice and made his way to the hut of nannan and ponni,where he found avini sitting next to her mother and singing to their cow.

Gunalan was fascinated and mesmerized by this girl and her sweet voice and his interest  did not go unnoticed by avini's parents.

The next day as gunalan was bathing in the small stream near the village,Nannan approached him and slowly broached the topic of marriage and if he was interested in marrying avini.Gunalan at first did not know what to say or how to reply for he had not thought of marriage, although a few of the boys in his village had already become fathers.But he hesitated simply because he had no clue as how to run a household with his life style and did not want any extra burden and an extra mouth to feed. But slowly his protests faded away and when nannan agreed to give the only cow which they had as dowry did gunalan finally agree to the proposal.

Gunalan came back the next day with his mother and although many of the villagers thought it would be better to wait for appanar iyya to come back from where he had stumbled off to, Nannan and ponni decided not to wait and so avini was married off to gunalan and she left to Perumalvaram along with her cow, husband and mother-in-law.Gunalan's mother had been widowed when he had been about 3 years old and her husband had died in one of the many wars or unknown skirmishes with the chola soldiers. Many men those days gladly gave up their lives for their king and country for they thought that it was the best way to live and die. But gunalan was not like his father and vanished into the forest when the army came to recruit new soldiers to fight for the king and had survived to live and celebrate 25 years of life.

Avini fell silent from the time her parents mentioned marriage and her going away to live in perumalpuram. It broke her heart to leave the safety and comfort of her home and parents and she wondered how she was going to manage a house and a husband. The wet nose of their cow who was named gayatri brushed her hand and avini fell a few steps back and avini and cow walked side by side among the trees and the birds from their perches looked down and chirped ' One cow walking along with another soon to be cow. One barren cow walking side by side with another barren cow.'

With gayatri near her, avini's spirits lifted a bit and they lifted more when gunalan's mother pattamma joined them and softly whispered ' child, don't worry for i will be like a mother to you and will look after you like how i look after my son. i think together we can manage, you will see.'

The birds from their vantage point,high in the trees looked and gossiped to each other ' what you said one cow and two cows but i see three cows and two without mates and one with a mate but,well we will see. won't we.'

uravugal thodarkadhai unarvugal sirukadhai
oru kadhai endrum mudiyalum,
mudivilum onru thodaralaam ,iniellaaam sugamaeee