Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Horizon

Who exactly are you drowning with that ami?? :).. Me going down surely.. Great one.

And that asr theme music, let me die, reincarnate and cone back!

πŸ˜† if i'm going down, i'm taking you all with me! thank you for drowining with me :)
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: BHAVII

Hello peeps here. I am the silent reader here and love most of your takesπŸ‘ 

http://s1.dmcdn.net/AFNG1/526x297-cwt.jpg
Which episode/event is this pic from?

Thanks Bhavi for stoping by and commenting :)

this pic is from Star Parivaar award 2012 promos.
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Episode 298

Ha..Ha...Hap...py Birthday?

There is a special kind of man who puts his sister and family first.  He feels her pain.  He sees her need and even though the beautiful red roses are meant for his wife's birthday, he realizes who really needs them as a gift.  His wife silently watches with a slight smile on her face.   As Di hugs her brother she reminds him that it is her favorite flower.  He hugs her back and Khushi and Arnav's eyes meet.  He says, "Yes Di, I know whose favorite flower it is."  Khushi answers him with a slight grin of acknowledgement.  This could be a good birthday gift for her too, seeing her husband's generosity and care of his Di.  That's all Khushi needs.

After trying to clean up her very, very expensive handbag Khushi thinks to put it out to dry.  While going up the stairs she meets Payal who is hiding her gift behind her back.  A few minutes of sisterly play and Khushi opens her gift, which Payal lovingly has sewed appliques and lace on to.  NK comes down to grab Miss KKGSR to come follow him.  Payal prays for her always to be happy and NK gifts her a bangle and a promise that he will always be there for her forever.  He asks her about the roses and she answered that Di has them and she is happy.  Arnav hears this and is relieved.  NK pulls her to her room and pushes her inside and closes their bedroom door all rather quickly.  She turns and notices the poolside softly lit with fairy lights and white hanging globes.  She sees the cake and candles and turns around to find a very tentative ASR.  Khushi appears happy in this shot.

The next scene is DI making kheer for her brother.

He walks slowly up to Khushi and actually ruins the whole moment, questioning her about the handbag.  She says she washed the stains and it got ruined. She doesn't understand these expensive things. Frustratingly he says to forget it.  There is an awkward moment and he gives her an explanation of the lighting.  He remembered she liked it on New Years so he thought to...she asks him if he is trying to say something to her.  He answers stumbling over his words and Khushi frustratingly says that yes today IS her birthday.  His words consist of Uh and Um until finally he says for her to cut the cake.  WHAT she asks?  Why?  He answers because it is your birthday.  This is where Khushi's frustration comes.  All she wants is for him to wish her...nothing more.  He wants to wish her...he just can't.  So he in his macho man way tries to light the candles, which become extinguished over and over again by the wind and he grabs her and forces her.  "Do as I say!" He forces her to cut the cake and is trying to make her eat a piece.  Meanwhile Di is climbing up the stairs and comes in (I would say barges in her brothers closed door room, without a knock I might add) to witness what looks an intimate scene between husband and wife.  Tears rolling down her face she leaves (after Arnav has forcefully fed his wife).  A morsel of chocolate cake is on Khushi's lip; he steps forward she reverses and he slowly wipes her sensitive bottom lip and relieves it of its lone morsel.  Flustered, but angered Khushi pushes his hand away and takes a step back giving her distance from her sexy husband, mumbling.  He asks what is she saying and she goes off on a tirade telling him all the things she will do to him on his birthday, feeding him plenty of sweets and lighting a mosquito coil as well.  He smirks.

This is where I thought IPK had lost it.  Di is crying, woe is her, but she is not crying about Shyam but about her impression and belief that her brother has not put her before everyone.  No one else in the world should matter not even his wife. 

But then she goes on to think of Khushi and Shyam and the whole situation.  Should her brother not care about his wife?  Is it Khushi's fault that Shyam was a snake?  I was really disappointed at this and felt Di was quite selfish here.

Khushi is now in a full-blown war.  She rants to Arnav why none of what he has done means anything to her.  She just wanted a simple wish.  I believe he feels bad.  Khushi wasn't setting up the poolside a beautiful yet simple way to show he loves you and his way of saying Happy Birthday simply?  I don't think she was right here but I understood her point. She knows her man has trouble communicating his inner feelings. 

She thanks him for everything and walks off leaving him behind with the 2 lakhs bag around the beautifully lit poolside with his thoughts of the day.

He then follows.

Di enters her room in tears, remembers the scene that happened a few minutes before and then realizes those roses were not intended for her and throws them on the floor.  She states that it was so easy for Arnav to move on and forget everything and for him to forget what his sister is going through.  Again I felt she was behaving selfishly.  Khushi did not do anything.  She states that Khushi matters to him more than his own sister.  I am from the belief that a man and woman become one when married.  No other person comes in between especially family.  I guess I am from a different culture so this really did not sit well with me.

She cries.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
6 am, i better go to sleep...

cyn, i am so glad you are tachyfied. sorry me cruel hyuk hyuk.

ami, indu... i actually love kyun khwabon pe tere saaye hain...

it is so asr kkg... but that is also because i have heard it over scenes where they have acted it all out.

so many versions, i think i like them all.

but yeah that indiscrimante dumping of rv wherever whenever... tiring. irritating. especially where you really don't need it... they havve become rv in our heads and perception already, we play the music in autopilot, no need to push up volume.

yes yes yes, an award for asr score... also his sad piano score me love.

all other bg music lovely... i like the many renditions of rv... the piano trill, a beautiful signature...

of course all of it works thanks to the two who create the real heart attach giving magic... as you say ami, an x factor to the two, not easy to capture with ordinary anything.

i am sure if someone else were doing the swaggering stride to asr music i would not be hyperventilating, possibly rofling.

indu, i hope someone heard your imperious command and will do exactly as you order... reincarnate, asr and come to our tv screens... every weekday.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Episode 298

There is a special kind of man who puts his sister and family first.  He feels her pain.  He sees her need and even though the beautiful red roses are meant for his wife's birthday, he realizes who really needs them as a gift.  His wife silently watches with a slight smile on her face.   As Di hugs her brother she reminds him that it is her favorite flower.  He hugs her back and Khushi and Arnav's eyes meet.  He says, "Yes Di, I know whose favorite flower it is."  Khushi answers him with a slight grin of acknowledgement.  This could be a good birthday gift for her too, seeing her husband's generosity and care of his Di.  That's all Khushi needs.

Very well said Cynthia, Khushi is adorable. It's rare to find such selfless people in this world. And Anjali is just selfish, wanted to remain in her delusional world of happiness.

After trying to clean up her very, very expensive handbag Khushi thinks to put it out to dry.  While going up the stairs she meets Payal who is hiding her gift behind her back.  A few minutes of sisterly play and Khushi opens her gift, which Payal lovingly has sewed appliques and lace on to.  NK comes down to grab Miss KKGSR to come follow him.  Payal prays for her always to be happy and NK gifts her a bangle and a promise that he will always be there for her forever.  He asks her about the roses and she answered that Di has them and she is happy.  Arnav hears this and is relieved.  NK pulls her to her room and pushes her inside and closes their bedroom door all rather quickly.  She turns and notices the poolside softly lit with fairy lights and white hanging globes.  She sees the cake and candles and turns around to find a very tentative ASR.  Khushi appears happy in this shot.

ASR actually was grateful. He was not only happy, he was very pleased with Khushi's broadness.

He walks slowly up to Khushi and actually ruins the whole moment, questioning her about the handbag.  She says she washed the stains and it got ruined. She doesn't understand these expensive things. Frustratingly he says to forget it.  There is an awkward moment and he gives her an explanation of the lighting.  He remembered she liked it on New Years so he thought to...she asks him if he is trying to say something to her.  He answers stumbling over his words and Khushi frustratingly says that yes today IS her birthday.  His words consist of Uh and Um until finally he says for her to cut the cake.  WHAT she asks?  Why?  He answers because it is your birthday.  This is where Khushi's frustration comes.  All she wants is for him to wish her...nothing more.  He wants to wish her...he just can't.  So he in his macho man way tries to light the candles, which become extinguished over and over again by the wind and he grabs her and forces her.  "Do as I say!" He forces her to cut the cake and is trying to make her eat a piece.  Meanwhile Di is climbing up the stairs and comes in (I would say barges in her brothers closed door room, without a knock I might add) to witness what looks an intimate scene between husband and wife.  Tears rolling down her face she leaves (after Arnav has forcefully fed his wife).  A morsel of chocolate cake is on Khushi's lip; he steps forward she reverses and he slowly wipes her sensitive bottom lip and relieves it of its lone morsel.  Flustered, but angered Khushi pushes his hand away and takes a step back giving her distance from her sexy husband, mumbling.  He asks what is she saying and she goes off on a tirade telling him all the things she will do to him on his birthday, feeding him plenty of sweets and lighting a mosquito coil as well.  He smirks.

I have to say that the designer bags are really durable. They don't go bad so easily. So cvs tried to convey wrong message to the audience.

Anjali actually intruded husband and wife's privacy. Just assume Arnav and Khushi were like regular couple. So it wouldn't be unnantural to find a young newly married couple in a compromising position in their room. How an adult woman could enter her young brother's room without knocking. Anjali thought his brother was still a baby.

This is where I thought IPK had lost it. πŸ‘πŸΌ Di is crying, woe is her, but she is not crying about Shyam but about her impression and belief that her brother has not put her before everyone.  No one else in the world should matter not even his wife. 

you said the right thing. She just wanted arnav crawls behind her like a baby. selfish woman.

But then she goes on to think of Khushi and Shyam and the whole situation.  Should her brother not care about his wife?  Is it Khushi's fault that Shyam was a snake?  I was really disappointed at this and felt Di was quite selfish here.

Oh yes, can't agree more.

Khushi is now in a full-blown war.  She rants to Arnav why none of what he has done means anything to her.  She just wanted a simple wish.  I believe he feels bad.  Khushi wasn't setting up the poolside a beautiful yet simple way to show he loves you and his way of saying Happy Birthday simply?  I don't think she was right here but I understood her point. She knows her man has trouble communicating his inner feelings. 

It's good that You could understand her point. And thanks to point it out. I really couldn't get her reaction. I think she was a bit too much. To utter happy birthday is not important, a person's intention and  gesture is more important. If she knew Arnav was like that, introvert, she should accept it. She shouldn't try to change him. Arnav never wanted her to change for him.

She thanks him for everything and walks off leaving him behind with the 2 lakhs bag around the beautifully lit poolside with his thoughts of the day.

He then follows.

Di enters her room in tears, remembers the scene that happened a few minutes before and then realizes those roses were not intended for her and throws them on the floor.  She states that it was so easy for Arnav to move on and forget everything and for him to forget what his sister is going through.  Again I felt she was behaving selfishly.  Khushi did not do anything.  She states that Khushi matters to him more than his own sister.  I am from the belief that a man and woman become one when married.  No other person comes in between especially family.  I guess I am from a different culture so this really did not sit well with me.

She cries.

Enjoyed your thought.
Yes I am with you that Anjali was selfish and unreasonable.
Khushi's anger for Arnav not wishing happy birthday to her by words was also seemed too much.
It's true that in our Indian society family is as important as wife. But wives are not least important. But Anjali's thought was ridiculous.

I marked the lines red what I loved most.
And my comments are in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Faiqa, 

Thanks for reading and commenting on the poem again. Yes, you had read it before, it is the same one, I didn't change anything. πŸ˜Š

Thanks for loving the vm too. You too didn't hear the song before?  Wow, it's amazing how this beautiful piece was hidden all this time. 

Sohara, where did you dig out such a beauty from? 

It's my pleasure Durga that you loved the song and it is also loved by all. 
As the song is sublime your piece of work is sublime too.
You selected all the apt scenes that blended well with the mood of the song.
First the floating Dupatta in the air gave a deep impact. Then how the whole VM flows with the song is superb.
Thanks again for keeping my request and gave your best to make it.
Hats off.πŸ‘
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Indi,

Watched that VM Wicked atlast... great work.

Haven't heard the song earlier.. but loved it.. super sensuous.. went ad listened to the original loved the voice and its modulation..

Tremendously mixed up VM.. that starting guitar bit of this song almost seemed inspiration to that entry helicopter  BG score...you seemed to have leapt across episodes effortlessly.. from Teej Morning to farm house...loved the intermixing of his flirtatious most lines from Payash wedding days. Glad to see that shot from the initial office where he scared life out of her wit that blazer undoing..rings bells??😊

great job Indi.. loved it.. you seemed to have included almost all historical sequences..very asrish as I said in my other comment...that voice, feel, overall suiting very aptly..

On another note, I absolutely loved the first male version of "Kyon Khwabon pe tere" , immensely touched the first time when it played on that terrace in Lakshmi Nagar. It is only the high pitch female version I detest.
Edited by Horizon - 9 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

pisode 298

This is where I thought IPK had lost it.  Di is crying, woe is her, but she is not crying about Shyam but about her impression and belief that her brother has not put her before everyone.  No one else in the world should matter not even his wife. 

He then follows.

She cries.

Cynthia, This episode is one of those totally forgettable ones for me... here he is, struggling to take care of both the women who are his entire universe and NEITHER seem to have understood him! I absolutely agree with you about everything regarding Anjali, there is no cultural gap here, she was being very selfish and immature.. period!  Unfortunately how Khushi reacted also left a very bad taste in mouth. Isn't that exactly being opposite to just how she reacted to and you described beautIfully up there at the start? She was just being one nagging, tantrum throwing wife.. sorry .. thats how I felt.

Good to see you back ta the writing desk Cynthia..

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Episode 298

He walks slowly up to Khushi and actually ruins the whole moment, questioning her about the handbag.  She says she washed the stains and it got ruined. She doesn't understand these expensive things. Frustratingly he says to forget it.  There is an awkward moment and he gives her an explanation of the lighting.  He remembered she liked it on New Years so he thought to...she asks him if he is trying to say something to her.  He answers stumbling over his words and Khushi frustratingly says that yes today IS her birthday.  His words consist of Uh and Um until finally he says for her to cut the cake.  WHAT she asks?  Why?  He answers because it is your birthday.  This is where Khushi's frustration comes.  All she wants is for him to wish her...nothing more.  He wants to wish her...he just can't.  So he in his macho man way tries to light the candles, which become extinguished over and over again by the wind and he grabs her and forces her.  "Do as I say!" He forces her to cut the cake and is trying to make her eat a piece.  Meanwhile Di is climbing up the stairs and comes in (I would say barges in her brothers closed door room, without a knock I might add) to witness what looks an intimate scene between husband and wife.  Tears rolling down her face she leaves (after Arnav has forcefully fed his wife).  A morsel of chocolate cake is on Khushi's lip; he steps forward she reverses and he slowly wipes her sensitive bottom lip and relieves it of its lone morsel.  Flustered, but angered Khushi pushes his hand away and takes a step back giving her distance from her sexy husband, mumbling.  hehe if i had such a sexy husband i'd be mumbling a lot. He asks what is she saying and she goes off on a tirade telling him all the things she will do to him on his birthday, feeding him plenty of sweets and lighting a mosquito coil as well.  He smirks.

This is where I thought IPK had lost it.  and pretty badly at that. Di is crying, woe is her, but she is not crying about Shyam but about her impression and belief that her brother has not put her before everyone.  No one else in the world should matter not even his wife. 

But then she goes on to think of Khushi and Shyam and the whole situation.  Should her brother not care about his wife?  Is it Khushi's fault that Shyam was a snake?  I was really disappointed at this and felt Di was quite selfish here. a rather strong character with as much possibilities as you are willing to give it was meaninglessly messed up. they neither showed anjali turning completely vicious, nor genuinely lifeless nor one trying to come to terms with things. one minute here, the next there... and really if she had turned squarely against khushi i would have understood... given her hallucination about snake and the fact that he had seen the two a couple of times and the most painful of things, snake did indeed have something for khushi... very painful that is if you are his devoted wife... but what was all this pseudo psycho nonsense. and then all that sneaking around? 

Khushi is now in a full-blown war.  She rants to Arnav why none of what he has done means anything to her.  She just wanted a simple wish.  I believe he feels bad.  ah this barun, he always gets one responding to the feelings of a seemingly brusque arrogant man. Khushi wasn't setting up the poolside a beautiful yet simple way to show he loves you and his way of saying Happy Birthday simply?  I don't think she was right here but I understood her point. She knows her man has trouble communicating his inner feelings. i never got this whole bday thing... and really feel he was doing the right thing. you can't be so overly sensitive and if he can accept everything about her what's the big deal about accepting his unease with greetings and things? bad writing.

He then follows.

Di enters her room in tears, remembers the scene that happened a few minutes before and then realizes those roses were not intended for her and throws them on the floor.  She states that it was so easy for Arnav to move on and forget everything and for him to forget what his sister is going through.  Again I felt she was behaving selfishly.  Khushi did not do anything.  She states that Khushi matters to him more than his own sister.  I am from the belief that a man and woman become one when married.  No other person comes in between especially family.  I guess I am from a different culture so this really did not sit well with me. of course your wife or husband is paramount once you choose to be part of this human made tie that dares to dream of forever... and sometimes it is hard to balance emotions, especially when mothers are involved but what the, this was whack job beyond belief. could the girl who was telling her bro about meeting a girl who will mean everything to him be even thinking such rubbish...arghhh.

She cries.

hi cyn,

nice thoughtful and fairly irritated take... i really failed to understand the significance of these bday episodes... ultimately both anjali and khushi end up looking bizarre. and really apart from the fact that asr looked hot shoving cake down wife's throat, me left unmoved, eyebrows raised.

who wrote this nonsense.

post kidnap, utter mayhem to crate this idea of the ideal daughter in law and constantly prune down the striding large asr character.

and the silliness with anjali.

but i still watch and i still enjoy reading the takes... great to read you after so long.

and really, no one comes between husband and wife, not even in the sort of homes we see in ipk... this everything for the sake of the family daughter in law is really a whole patriarchal nation's disgusting fantasy of turning women into little more than cattle... just to serve their needs. pathetic.

i will watch soon and will hope that asr really did not enjoy giving the roses to his flake pot sis. he so loves his mad girl... this is hellish... ugh.

i am sounding lunatic but what the.
IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Issk, apologies for the delay in responding to this post altho it had been on my mind all along.

I totally appreciate the sense of realism you bring here about the stigma of a broken rishta for a girl. in this context when we were discussing about Guptas hiding Shyam's true face, i recall you interestingly bringing up "class divide" between Guptas and Raizadas as the possible reason, how hard it is for them to convey to the higher social strata family how truly low lying is their damaad. I never really thought about the latter. So thank you!

Here, I absolutely agree with you and Indi that it was quite evident that it was her family Khushi was referring to as being heart broken with their trust broken.
But some how she saying rishtha tota, dil ko thes pahunchi.. she talking about a toota rishta with Shyam and heart being broken in the same breath didn't quite sit well with me. May be my (silly?) romanticism got hurt some where.. in a hurry to make Khushi spill about her broken engagement to him, writers faltered I thought. And I couldn't quite appreciate  Khushi judging him again without knowing what/how exactly happened just as he said. She knew how he broke her own heart and took it for granted he must have done the same way. Little did he know the F grade student of Diwali is now a A++ all of a sudden in matters of heart, exactly the time he won my heart! So that whole convo fell flat for me.

That another pool side confrontation couple of weeks ago from then..he asking about what FARQ it makes to her if he gets engaged now or an year later.. little butting of the chin, pain crystallized on face.. a whole lot of anticipation.. just say one YES.. I will throw your and my engagements out of the window...lets just fly... she saying suna aapne it doesn'yt make any FARQ to me alto the opposite is written all over her face...PERFECTION!!
This love story catered/ feasted to my romantic buds too abundantly.. that I don't even see the need to move on from it.. when I am  fully fed and not a bit hungry...

Talked to much? This is about the golden era of IPK so can't really hold back...

do drop by when time lets Issk...
take care..

Hello there,  

Apologies, bikul nahin yaar...thanks for letting it marinate and writing back... I appreciate your sentiment totally. It is contrived in the way it's penned and used in the situation..i get your peeve there a hundred percent! 

And that poolside 'farq' confrontation after he finds out she is engaged... "feasting romantic buds abundantly"...you can say that again, my friend! These episodes really are something else! So rich, so textured. Reading your mention of the scene has thrown me into a bit of a tizzy, have to say...that face of his, and the way he clenched her shoulders, there is so much there... the intensity is marvellous...one can just feel his body bristling through the tv screen..it's unforgettable. It used to be labelled love scene 141 on YT...i really wanted to watch now...went and searched...it's nowhere to be found...i'm going after the episode now!

See you later...and thanks again, H. 

Edited by IssK. - 9 years ago