Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 90

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Rhea, nice vm.. thanks for sharing

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

DISCLAIMER:DON'T COPY MY WORKS AND CONCEPTS WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT 

YOU HAVE SEEN MY HUMBLE SIDE. TRUST ME YOU WON'T LIKE THE OTHER...

Arshi's Index  

EPISODE Part 238-239

Deja vu

Life is just like a running wheel and the events which are at the bottom ,out of sight for a while always comes upward right in front of your eyes.It is you who must be ready to face it.Time is a healer but it is the worst killer ever when it comes to make you face the worst of it.IPK and weddings are the sign of alarming signals as always .Anjali's wedding destroyed the innocence of Chote including her, Payesh wedding destroyed the Trust of a young Arnav and crushed the dreams of a young girl and now preeto wedding , a message of another destruction...A wedding which  will bring another show down.All the events are repeating , Arnav's drinking tea on the dinning table yesterday,today flirting with Khushi are reminding me Payesh wedding...and his fall cushioning Khushi at the top of him reminded me Rangoli during Diwali.Cruel time is back with another punch just by the corner.

good observation. There was always some kind of tempest heralded with the merriment of wedding. even during the remarriage, both Arnav and khushi had to go through turmoil.

Time rings the bell of a wedding and Nandini enters with her fears ,pains , sacrifices  and  problems  of a fixed marriage of a girl "Preeto" with a family which is richer than them.A nice portrayal of middle class family facing issues during a marriage of a girl. So Arnav's lesson continues .. I was  glad to see he was watering the plants as he is calm and not angry snipping with scissors. I must say he has grown more hopes and relations from one plant...

awesome edit.👏

I loved the reaction  of Khushi and Arnav when  Nandini brings the topic of two daughters are happily married .Khushi's face is shriveling  slightly while Arnav gets frozen in his acts.His face is turned side ways while listening the conversation keenly.Even these are bringing haunted memories back to him but he still doesn't know the impact of these yet. By the end of this marriage ,He will understand the real importance of ""Mangalsutra" and "Sindoor" Which Khushi mentioned on the wedding night...though he believes in it strongly more than anyone...  During this wedding he will learn a lot about the wedding and especially the problems of middle class associated with it and that will make him understand the real position of Garima and Buaji behind the situation for not exposing Shyam's fiasco in front of Raizadas but it will be hard for him to forgive Khushi because she didn't tell him as I said in 237, he was angry because he lashed out in front of family because for him their Privacy matters the most and whatever till now happened in between them is different than anything else and he treasures it.

I love Garima saying that, "Sab Kuch Teekh hojayega" an assurance that at the end everything will be fine...My Fav is his "Haan...mujhe koi aitraz nahi"..Babua is saying yes to marriage by himself "Ba hosho hawas" [in his senses] but has no clue for what...hehehe...Yes the Dark night of temple when he forced this marriage on her is taking new shape here...

Love morning scene for so many reasons, first I see Arnav has changed this room as his way just like Khushi did in his room.His files, laptop, AC and all for his comfort.Second Khushi sitting covered in blanket, shivering in cold , shaking the cup of tea in her hand complaining about AC and glaring at Arnav who is making fun at her but why? Why is she not leaving him alone and going outside if it is that cold.This is my grabber , if he is being comfortable in her ways and adjusting his style , She is trying to become comfortable in his ways as possible as she can but in a BRIDE style...

How cute! It's not only that she was adapting, she also was enjoying her husband's presence around her. Did you notice, she is always after him where he is going.

Love this ,Khushi sitting like a bride covered with her duppatta on her head like a veil surrounded and guarded by stars , her parents waiting for her hubby to come and meet her with full trust and their prayers and her trust and patience is being paid off here when Arnav who has his back towards the truth and purity of her, turns around and sees Khushi and starts walking  slowly towards her. He comes closer ,removes the hurdle, shaking cup of tea and begins to lean closer towards her but not even once forcing himself on her and giving her all the needed space..Arnav in his flirtatious best 'Tumhaari naak laal ho gayi hai" he tells her, gently passing his finger over her nose- it is so similar to 'tumhaari gaal laal ho gayi hai'- the day she kissed him in the run-up to Payash's marriage before the heart-breaking terrace scene.

i loved how you metaphorically assumed khushi as a bride. she was looking so cute, just like a newly wed bride. 

Third, Buaji and Arnav duo ,Arnav is having some real fun and jokes over his wife which brings a laughter over Buaji's face and a glare over Khushi's face.cute scene.

In RM..."Bubblia, Yeh tum kaa karat ho?..." Even Mami has beecome suspicious .Bubbly, comes from boarding school to RM every year to meet her best friend Mr. A who has found a new best friend Mrs. A. Mr. A and spends more time with her than with Bubbly - no one at that age is comfortable seeing 'their' best friend suddenly becomes some one else's best friend. to solve it there is one way... be blind towards your best friend's best friend. Cut that one out, push her out of the family frame and from friendship and be happy.The message is for Arnav to do the opposite ,don't get blind from the major problem Shyam and that's what is coming up in a wrapper shape...It also shows that Mamiji did care about Payal from her heart.

it surprised me. she actually cares her. but her too much fascination for the upper class society bridled her to express her real feelings.

His flirty smile fades away in between the noise of the environment and people around him as he is Jijaji of the whole town now. 😆 Love this small touch as in middle class the guest and especially SIL gets respect from the whole town.

Khushi's .."Khaali bartan hai na, aawaz toh karenge hi" ...as  To Khushi, Arnav is a man with no feelings inside him, to her he is empty and devoid of emotions from inside. That shows how much his acts has ruined her perception about him.But  she immediately covers up her statement with a 'bartan ki baat kar rahi hoon' as he glares at her.But in reality he is not empty, but he does say and act without thinking much when it comes to relationships and feelings. It is a slight indication that in the future, he is going to be careful in relationships.

Symbolism and connection:Buaji tells her NandKishore Arnav babua different virtues of Khushi while Khushi fires red chillies which brings tears in his eyes only. Chillies !!...as Red chillies remove the evil eye and tears washes away the dirt in eyes by clearing the sight. if "Dry Raisins" are all about Khushi's " dreams" then "dry red chillis" is all about "virtues of Khushi". Why red, why not green chillies...Red is Arnav's fav color red is in the back ground ...a color of passion and Khushi is the one who adds color and flavor in his empty colorless life ..She is flavoring his life even in his hatered and as he is not even paying attention what Buaji is saying to him about Khushi , Red chillies remain unnoticed as they just add flavors and colors and not taste till you mix it evenly with the food.Arnav can't understand how Khushi spreads joy around everyone's life without complaining , just by smiling like a beautiful butterfly, this is the "pure golden hearted" Khushi Kumari Gupta. "Doosro ki dukh takleef mein barabar hi hisedari"...These were the words spoken by Buaji to Arnav. They were about Khushi and they are so true. She is not a person who can see anyone in a problem. Her methods are weird but she will always try to solve and erase other's problems and for Arnav all this is more intense, because he holds a completely different place in her life.

your observation is so right. If Arnav could understand her benevolent nature he would've never thought even in his dream that Khushi could break his sister's marriage.

Today he is not putting his ears to listen virtues of Khushi but There will be one day, when he will see the true attributes of Khushi and that day will be the beginning of their journey for "Eternity"..."Miljhulkar kaam karenge tho kaam jhaldi hojayaega..."Another hint that during this marriage Arnav will be a big helping hand to remove hurdles...

An Astonished Arnav stands alone when Buaji comes and praises him and he figures out how Khushi has tricked him in...oh ! no no no! Oh!  Yes yes yes...Buaji's Titliya has landed on your nose like a mosquito and you can't even remove her from her new position. Check mate...ASRji😆

PONDERING connected dots:This is the same spot where Buaji warned Shyam with the name of Nand Kishore for crossing Khushi's path again and today she is praising Nand Kishore for giving her Arnav as a gem in a million  as her Son in Law..

Khushi comes out, warns Arnav to move but an irritated Arnav demands an explanation and refused to do so but before Khushi could respond , the sound of music makes Arnav flinches but he recovers soon from auditory nerve attack .His wife is in a mood to tease him now..."aapke kaan tou tamater ki tarah lal ho gaye hain" just like ..."aap bhi theek nahin hain"...Deja vu ...His yummilicious eyebrow sends a sensational message of his flirty mood to Khushi and why not how can he resist challenger Khushi and at the top teasing one ...Both are looking awesome here...

Khushi  bounded by her impulsive nature rushes to get the flowers for the path to be decorated for Bidaii and her protector bounded by his caring nature follows her. Khushi climbs on to the ladder and tries to get the flowers but fails . Her hubby ordered her to get down immediately.My grabber is she agrees right away though with an ill grace and her dupatta clouds her eyes while descending . She again stays put over his instructions while Arnav comes to get her .

Symbolism and connection:Marigold has always been used for auspicious events  because the color  denotes optimism & hope .Marigold also symbolizes  total surrender to the will of God and here when the petals fall on the couple, it hints at their surrender to one another .  It also signifies  the will to over come obstacles  and emerge victorious ... it is for this very reason  that Marigold is sought after during Vijayadashmi , the day Lord ram Prevailed over Ravan ...It also represents a strong foundation ...meaning TRUST..Yes the trust of this couple will replaced mistrust soon because Arnav has lifted the veil of mistrust and both are looking at one another ..👏

The duppatta which is symbol of their union since from the beginning.From Sheesh Mahal the color is pink...when it landed on her head by the grace of DM to be marked by her...or to wrap that pink net Duppatta to take that plum cheek under his lips to mark her his with touch and then pink net acted like a "Chaddar " to cover them under their desires away from this world to be embraced by each other and now that pink is covering his Bride's beautiful face in a veil so he can cast his right to unveil the beauty of it layered in all purity and trust just for him. 

beautiful.

can't agree more.

Duptta always played a pivotal role in their relationship.

He couldn't look away from that covered beauty who was looking ethereal in this visage , so fragile and untouched...His yearning desires made him halt in his track and he slowly raises his hand to unveil her.He was frozen with racing heartbeat seeing her breathing abruptly , seeing a woman whose heart just beats for him and his for hers "tum jab bhi mere paas hoti ho to tumhare dil keh saath mere dil ki dhakan bhi tez ho jati hai..."..His presence emerges the sensual woman in her and this moment that woman wants to hide from his intense and heated gazes.DM and Krishna are playing together here, She lost her balance and and leans forward and my grabber is he leans towards her...yes he said "Haan" tum mujhe manzoor ho koi aitraz nahi...koi taqleef nahi"His bending head and spreading hands embraces her in a hug , so close that he an hear her heartbeat beating his name , taking her heavy breathing over his neck as they are just making love and mingling their souls right there. His loquacious eyes are digging daggers of love deep in her that she is losing her breath and shyly sees here and there but in those effervescent eyes layered in questions and hankering desires and a wish to be so closed to her , to hold her for eternity.She draws the attention of those eyes to those hands which are holding her firmly.He as always doesn't force himself on her and commands her to go down and he will take care of these Marigolds...yes another "haan" ..he will arrange a wedding of her wish by holding her close to his heart...

beautiful description of the scene. The scene was so sensuous as if really they were making love in open air. and after falling down, Arnav's expression said lot more..

Pondering connected dots:Pink Duppatta from epi 1st till 352 their wedding day all the way when he stops her going back GH in Sheetal track is lingering around as pink is the color of sensuousness and it represents desires.[AS I did explain in my Duppatta Post]

Both begin to descend and as a final hurdle both take a tumble before meeting for Hamesha...but are showered by flower petals a sign of DM. Her head on his shoulders and her fragile visage in his safe heaven securely in his arms.He would never lose this moment ever and that's all he wants to do"hold her close to him for hamesha" Marigold shower, marriage ceremony is done in private as always in between them...Bidai is done today with his "Haan" ...and both don't want to get up.His eyes don't want to lose his bride's face at any cost today .

i die every time I watch this scene.it is really their symbolic marriage and suhaag raat.

Pondering Connected Dots:Episode 68 [Durga this is for u as u asked me then] why I didn't do that epi 68 with the one where he is teasing her about SR because here he is saving her from fall and in epi 68 he did the same.

Time has still in this moment till the basket falls on her head.They both got up, she as usually fixing her Duppatta in her nervousness and he looks away just for a second to avoid his shyness but she reminds him the flower "phool tou and a beautiful blushing relaxed smile spreads across his face ...and he with the feeling of doing something wrong for not getting flower for her "I know" with his husky and yummy voice.. But her smile brings a smile on his lips automatically without any extra work .Marigolds have been spread , Trust has taken a knot in between them and everything is all right in their world for now. Just when things seem to be going well we hear a loud bang and understand that the DG has knocked out ..Khushi volunteers to repair it but fails .. Arnav  offers his help and succeeds

i don't know why cvs ruined it again while their relationship was growing better.

Pause here: She flings over Arnav besides of his warning.She will put herself in trouble besides Arnav's protective Rekha and that brings Will's papers but Arnav will be  saving her along with her as we see during kidnapping.

uff how cute they are looking in this edit! just made for each other. 

Khushi tries to repair it  alone but is unable to repair it , she gives up  and have a stain on her face , but Arnav who first watches her silently and then fixes it in no time and moves towards her who is astonished seeing her man as a victorious .Smirking Arnav touches her cheeks with complete right to wipe away the grease mark with his ASR tone and mode...with challenge in his eyes"Lagi Shart" . ... "Tum har kaam nahi kar sakti...", and walks away leaving his Khushi again puffy over his win mimicking him  of "har kaam kar sakta hun" ..just love her here .Sanaya and Arnav are taking my heart away with these small yet powerful scenes...Remember...Arnav fixes the machine and also erases the stain ..in other words..Arnav will be the one who will bring order in things and will remove the stigma attached to her name...

The final scene where Khushi comes in search of Arnav and does not find him in the room , she seeks him out and finds him by her fav kalakar "Salmanji" right"baghal mein" ... it suggests that Arnav will withdraw for a while but Khushi will bring him back as we are going to see on Airport ...Fadak Padta Hai kyuonke baat aapki hai...

Bingo...Mr Spidey got the will as he said to Anjali "Aap aur humari honewali rajkumari hi toh humari puri jaaydad hain" as a confirmation...Remember key and Will have no meaning ...as will is just to engrave a jealousy and anger so he can pursue to his next move... in other words Will power of Evil vs Good and who will prevail...👏👏

Fabulous take faiqa.
 These two episodes are my most favorite episode from GH track. They were behaved like real lovers here. Got to see a completely different Arnav, just fida in Khushi's love.
All the lines I marked blue grabbed my attention.
 My comments are everywhere in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Episode 242

Kaun hai wo?

Khushi:
Baat phirse wahin aakar rukgayi
Jo dhoondh rahi thi, ab tak na mili
Kya thi majboori, kyun ki thi shaadi?
Kyun baandh diya humey khudse zabardasti?

Fikar jinhe hai doosron ki khushi ki
Jo aadar kartein hain, buzurgon ki, badon ki
Par ghoorte hain humey aankhon mein bharke angaar
Kaun hai wo, shaitaan ya rajkumar?

Arnav:  
Baatein kuch aisi kaanon pe padi
Jo thi kaali raat, aaj khayalon mein saji
Har baat chupaayi, har pal muskuraayi
Kyun na kaha kisise ke maine ki thi zabardasti

Apne bereham pati ko diya ooncha darja
Apni maa se bhi badhkar kisi aur ko maa samjha
Par kisi aur ke pati par buri nazar thi daali
Kaun hai wo, charitraheen ya ek nirdosh, bholi bhali

Translation:

Khushi:
The matter comes back and halts at the same place   
Have not yet found what I had been searching for
What were the constraints, why did he marry?
Why did he tie me to himself forcefully?  

The one who is concerned about other's happiness
The one who respects aged and elders
But stares at me with eyes filled with flames
Who is he, a beast or a prince?

Arnav:
Some words fell on my ears
The night that was black, got bedecked in thoughts
Hid every thing, smiled every time
Why didn't she say that I had forced her?

Gave a merciless husband a very high status
More than her mother, treated someone else as her mother
But on someone else's husband had an evil eye
Who is she, a characterless or an innocent, ingenuous one?

So thoughtful Durga. Your deep insight amazed me again.
I loved this para so much.
Apne bereham pati ko diya ooncha darja
Apni maa se bhi badhkar kisi aur ko maa samjha
Par kisi aur ke pati par buri nazar thi daali
Kaun hai wo, charitraheen ya ek nirdosh, bholi bhali

this is real Khushi what Arnav still couldn't discover.
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 242

She is back outside in the midst of the worried larki wale and the snobby larke wale. Lingering anger adds a little recklessness and we get our gutsy lady tackling the problem head on. Where the traditional elders were submissive she dares to question what she knows is wrong. She does her part. They always form a great team as she will proudly say in a future storyline. He has already done his part. Far from the prying eyes.. "Aisa hone doge tum?" He  had questioned the groom with the same words he will tell his wife some months later. Fight to hold on to what matters the most to you. Be the architect of your destiny. Had he not done what he did do, things may very probably have spiraled out of control inspite of all her good intentions then and now.

BRILLIANT..

But he did make this impressionable groom see sense. Imparted a valuable lesson in how to lead life and treat your better half with respect. Uphold her and her family's dignity. We have entire shows with hundreds of episodes that try to impart this lesson through their story lines. Here IPK does it in a couple of wedding nights. They started of with the heroine protesting against dowry and today it's a more subtle evil. Demeaning the girl's family.  The boy holds no grudges. Clearly and firmly stands his ground and promises a good future to Preeto. Everyone is delighted. In a way I like how they don't make a show of how great ASR is. The all important one who was specially confused today will get a reminder of his soft side. And will also spend some time actually thinking over it. bas.

She loses herself in all the happiness around. Selflessness there as she dances happily seeing this happy end to others troubles. If ASR was instrumental in the new couples happiness, the groom also gets to return the favour. Gets his boss to come dance even though he protests, "I don't dance". A lively melody plays. He sees her happy. He sees her dancing. And something gave way as it always does. Right from the awestruck hypnotic pull of Hawa Hawaii to the delighted burst of laughter at jiji tere jethji deewane. Holi dance which had him intoxicated and today a similar crumbling of inhibitions. He wants to dance with her. Loose himself in her. Unsure of how to dance, bashful bhangra like steps, eyes drawn to her. Longingly waiting to catch her eye. He wants to celebrate with her. And Amma and buaji are delighted to see his open ungaurded display of love. They know his aloof introvert ways quite well by now and can appreciate to a great extent his actions. Of course they are unaware of the actual wonder in all of this. He supposedly hates her until a moment ago. But still can't withstand the hold she commands over his heart. And she, wary of his moods, tentatively matches him step to step. Holding on to each other.. their gaze never straying away from each other.

ust as suddenly a biting reminder of the chot in him. He walks away leaving behind the broken confused girl. Can't blame her at all. How can she keep up with his ever changing roop.  The wedding finally over, it's time for vidai. Just like fate had whimsically decided one night it was time to break the hearts of the two expectant lovers, today the time is right for both of them to reflect about the other. A reminder of a different side, like what happened back on the day of the barsi. That day she saw the rakshas's hidden caring side. Helped her connect him to her rajkumar. And he met the dear girl behind the sparkling smile. The girl who missed her parents , was scared of the darkness yet could have resolute faith is goodness.. in god..in happiness.

Nice groom isn't he? He isn't scared of ASR. Perhaps he really understood the essence of what his boss tried to teach him. Got inspired by this man. And Arnav was glad too. Slight smile. Not much older than the groom in years but still quite wise. Acche partner. Is he the same man who didn't believe in marriage? "Keep her happy." Lovely. lovely. He had broken a wedding at the very beginning of it all. Mid way he joined in the mad schemes to get a wedding to be agreed upon only to have to threaten to stop it himself. And today a different wedding in which he ensures happiness. "Good".. Not a man of many words.. Still ASR, but we now know him to be so much more than just the devastatingly handsome man in those waistcoats flaunting his own brand of addicting anger.

"Ek pal mein inpe itna py".. Oh oh .. She has almost confessed to herself so shaken is she. Yes in this moment he does seem unfathomable to her. His motives, his actions, his thoughts an unravelled mystery. "Kyu ki, kin halaat mein ki, kya bol ke ki?". Take a bow girl! Fantastic voice modulation by Sanaya.  He is the prince who swoops in and rescues her and he is also the beast who lashes out at her visciously attacking her..leaving her bruised heart, body and soul. "ye aise kyu hai?".. For now she can't understand .. "main aisa hi hun"..

She finally lets her heart speak to her.. And it wants to know the reason.. In fact needs to get to that elusive answer.. she is determined to find out what went so terribly wrong.. She looks stunning sitting deep in thought. Rare to see her this still.. in quiet reflection.. I used to find her so beautiful when she sat motionless gazing at the stars outside Gupta house before this madness descended into her life. Her mother walks in. Amma starts this heart to heart with her dearest daughter. "bitwa thora kam bolat hai na toh unke swabhav ke bare mein pata hi nahi chalta.." ..bitiya listens intently.. "Dil ke bahut saaf hai". And I have to give her credit for keeping such an open big heart. She does not remember the AC and any other unintentional slights. All she focuses on is the sparkling sterling diamond behind the hard mask.  You both care about each other but my eyes see an unknown turmoil between you to.. Khalish..  Both women panic.. One visibily and the other deep down in the hidden recesses inside her. A mother who did not have a chance to give away her daughter. Instead with no explanation her little girl vanished into the night and returned a married woman who now belonged to another. No longer only her darling bitya but Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada foremost. Amma pauses in worry.. wanting reassurance. And the daughter transform into the guardian.. "Hum khush nai".. How the truth fights to come out.. "hum bahut khush hai".. A delicate chirpiness.. Again those intricate lies..

Devi maiyya had moments ago reintroduced Khushi to her considerate husband and now she introduces Arnav to the selfless woman who is his wife. All the simple dreams of any young wife. Understanding, supportive, loving husband.. A best friend.. Makes me laugh.. Makes all my wishes come true.. Worries like crazy for me.. Can't stand to see me in tears.. Thinks about me even before himself.. Will gift me the moon and stars if he could.. Amma's smiles gets more teary eyed as she gets convinced.. clearly relieved that her daughter has been blessed with such a wonderful life partner.  And then she shares the sweetest earnest fear. "tohri ma ko kya jawab denge?" ..a flood of tears since she is so content now.. In reply her bitiya.. The girl, only of 18, lovingly cups her ammas face.. "Humari amma toh aap hai.. Aapko kisi ko bhi jawab dene ki koi zarurat nai hai" .. True blessing for a forever full of togetherness amma wishes upon them.. "Ha amma, Arnavji is duniya ke sabse achche pati hai".. And how heartbroken is she etched on the anguish on her face as she says this.. Oh the poor girl who is making everyone happy.. Who will take care of her? Make her happy? Who will assure her that she belongs to him? Who will let her know that his breath will stop if she went far from him?

A lot to learn from khushi.. Sadly but in reality a number of people loose their parents young.. 8 too tender an age to bear this.. But she got bauji, Payaliya, Amma and you feel not too bad for her. But add to that her almost forced engagement to a lying deceitful two timing cheat. Being swept into a whirlwind of passion and rejection by a remarkable man. Uneasy truce leading to shyly solidifying dreams and fascinating possibilities, all to be dragged and shattered at the command of anger. This time my heart definitely bleeds for khushi. In a classic Bollywood movie it was said, "it is so simple to be happy but so difficult to be simple". Khushi does both effortlessly. I find times when the moment needs so much effort and in those times I invariably have started thinking about the tinkering laughter of this spirited girl. Hey Devi maiyya on her lips, ready to face everything head on. That unwavering faith in goodness. Heady mix of traditional with refreshing specks of contemporary.. Her karenge nai toh..aur karenge was earnest optimistic to say the very least. She had this big heart and simple beliefs. Blushing rosy cheeks at her Arnavjis jokes. Those rare die for moments when she would meet him as his equal, a grown women madly in love and very very real.

He had stood there listening to all that she said. Eyes reflecting the extreme self reproach. Doesn't matter if she is a liar, a cheat, a heart breaker, a conniving adultress. His brain isn't even reminding him of all that. He suffers right with her.  His heart feels all her hurt. All the courage it took to weave this glorious spell of honeyed myth just to reassure her amma. And call me mad but I am convinced I saw Barun add a moment of pride in ASR. Pride that he had fallen in love with this girl who could do anything for the ones she loved. Those words echo within him. Take away his peace.. Sukoon..he has been the exact opposite to her. A beast. And she has proclaimed out.. "arnavji is duniya ke sabse achche pati hai"..

Rhea, I am  bowled over by your writing yet again.. stunningly insightful.. your words aptly filled in the silences of the moments.. be it his respect for wife or khushi's pain.. my most favs highlighted..that aisa hone doge tum connection was brilliant.. the man almost obsessively wanting to be in control of things around... the cynic in him always doubting forseeing the worst ..lovely choice of words there.. addicting anger..👏
It was indeed welcoming that altho those preachy words were some what off, he brainwashing the groom was all kept under the rugs .. without an obvious hero worship for him by guptas or preeto's parents... it reached only the one it was needed to.. his wife! asr never really hated marriage or the institute only that he put that husband- wife relationship on too high a pedestal that he wouldn't encourage it just for the name sake unless one is truly committed to the relationship.. he never felt that with La..
Khushi's hiding pain with her mother.. her confusion about this rather complex man .. his whirlpool of pain or even denial about what he saw/ heard.. loved these 20 min.. and your analysis of the same.. thanks rhea.
Horizon thumbnail

Episodes 233 - 239

Moments caught in time 

He may be the great, business magnate, Arnav Singh Raizada
But even he can't deny or decline the invite of the Guptas
A dance around the colours to reach his in-laws' place
And inch closer and closer to the heart of a pretty face
A moment caught in time, a moment wanting to stay
How they wished, this moment would never go away

Owner of a chain of industries, but still couldn't escape
Peeping aunties, a flirting granny, barging into his cave
An impromptu muh dikhai, full of temple kiss and cheek pulls
With blessings for a life of togetherness, their hearts are full

A powerful AC takes the power out of the locality
An invasion of mosquitoes puts his sleep in jeopardy
A pink mosquito net and also something else that he'd never seen
The night introduced to him, his beautiful taekwondo queen
How he wished, this moment would never go away

A plan to hassle him while facing wrestling neighbours
Winces down as he displays a drill quite dexterous
A sudden realisation of her man's varied facets
Hassling something inside with the touch of sprinkling droplets
How she wished, this moment would never go away

A public bath, a public fight and a car with missing parts
An Italian brunch for the unfamiliar bunch, winning their golden hearts
A treat from the street, to cool the heat from the tiff that had ensued
Golgappas galore, the folks are floored and quite spiced up are the two

A sudden change of things, the place is a wedding scene
A bewildered son-in-law, confused with all the praising
A glance into moments that were missing from their wedding times
Unveiling the bride, flower shower from the sky and some blissful smiles
Moments caught in time, moments wanting to stay
How they wished, these moments would never go away

Durga, superb conglomeration of all the moments transpired in a week's time.. loved how your poetic lines highlighted all the times these two wished would last for ever...
great  gist all the times...
Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi indu,

that was along one, sorry to make you all go through the endless rambles. thanks for liking it.

yes, that's right... off to a swiss sanitorium in mili. saw this movie years ago, in my mind, she died. but now faintly coming back, ashok kumar stands there waving? amitabh is determined to get something done... was that it? and off to switzerland.

there was a heaviness in mili toward the end which for some reason bothered me. maybe because i was only 15 or 16 at the time.

but this contrast of a dark, hurting one and a sunny bright one with her own hurt kept in a little box was there. the contrast.

you are absolutely right, without that writing, asr is really never all of him. and after the wedding, they somehow kept losing him steadily in the writing, i guess the story having no real direction had its own impact.

he was written with a flair, his depth never delineated in heavy ponderous words. he was sharp and cool and endlessly complex, the opposite of the shallow, small pool outside his room. barun got the character so well, he added a million touches perfecting the framework, often just instinctively. i am waiting for the bridge encounter and the return to suit, ar, then kidnap. i miss him terribly here. but in every episode a couple of asr moments so vital. uff.

Indi.

Mili had indeed deep layers of pathos.. I usually  stay away from such movies as they leave us too depressed.. yrs ago there were days when I would listen to badi sooni sooni hai endlessly...so much soonapan just in those words.. in contemporary ages it seems such despondency is no more appreciated/ encouraged..
I and many I was watching ipk along with those days were bowled over by barun  like many perhaps after that middle of the road breakdown that dark Feb night .. crying men usually look silly.. but barun's asr was gut wrenching.. we talked about mili's AB that day the other angry young man whose melancholy touches one deep... I watched mili again that time 2 yrs ago just to refresh so I remember the details..
Along with gurudut Dad used to be a big fan of Dilip Kumar.. used to rave about his subtlety ...I saw shades of all these greats in barun's  asr...
When some one puts in so much skill and effort to carve in fine detail it remains etched in memory deep.. be it the writers or barun .. or both together.. that made this fictional man a reality.
and thanks to writers like you who let us celebrate that here...
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Episode 246

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5EeFp7NZPg[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast Monday , 7th May 2012

Full episode links

StarPlayerLink :http://www.startv.in/episodes/arnav-saves-khushi/32125

Dailymotion :http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzmgll_iss-pyar-ko-kya-naam-doon-episode-246_shortfilms

Dailymotion with English subtitles : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz7utv_iss-pyaar-bolum-246-ingilizce-altyazili_shortfilms

Thanks, Katelyn,for all the links.

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Episodes 233 - 239

Moments caught in time 

He may be the great, business magnate, Arnav Singh Raizada
But even he can't deny or decline the invite of the Guptas
A dance around the colours to reach his in-laws' place
And inch closer and closer to the heart of a pretty face

Owner of a chain of industries, but still couldn't escape
Peeping aunties, a flirting granny, barging into his cave
An impromptu muh dikhai, full of temple kiss and cheek pulls
With blessings for a life of togetherness, their hearts are full

A powerful AC takes the power out of the locality
An invasion of mosquitoes puts his sleep in jeopardy
A pink mosquito net and also something else that he'd never seen
The night introduced to him, his beautiful taekwondo queen

A plan to hassle him while facing wrestling neighbours
Winces down as he displays a drill quite dexterous
A sudden realisation of her man's varied facets
Hassling something inside with the touch of sprinkling droplets
How she wished, this moment would never go away

A public bath, a public fight and a car with missing parts
An Italian brunch for the unfamiliar bunch, winning their golden hearts
A treat from the street, to cool the heat from the tiff that had ensued
Golgappas galore, the folks are floored and quite spiced up are the two

A sudden change of things, the place is a wedding scene
A bewildered son-in-law, confused with all the praising
A glance into moments that were missing from their wedding times
Unveiling the bride, flower shower from the sky and some blissful smiles
Moments caught in time, moments wanting to stay
How they wished, these moments would never go away

the lines remind me of us d moments we wish had never flown...

love the poem, it's lightness, it's story telling, the pictures it preserve. the understanding of love.

favourite is the street treat red stanza... lovely rhymes there.

all of it is bahut hi shandar, wonderfullus. muaah muaah, durga.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Indi.

Mili had indeed deep layers of pathos.. I usually  stay away from such movies as they leave us too depressed.. yrs ago there were days when I would listen to badi sooni sooni hai endlessly...so much soonapan just in those words.. in contemporary ages it seems such despondency is no more appreciated/ encouraged..
I and many I was watching ipk along with those days were bowled over by barun  like many perhaps after that middle of the road breakdown that dark Feb night .. crying men usually look silly.. but barun's asr was gut wrenching.. we talked about mili's AB that day the other angry young man whose melancholy touches one deep... I watched mili again that time 2 yrs ago just to refresh so I remember the details..
Along with gurudut Dad used to be a big fan of Dilip Kumar.. used to rave about his subtlety ...I saw shades of all these greats in barun's  asr...
When some one puts in so much skill and effort to carve in fine detail it remains etched in memory deep.. be it the writers or barun .. or both together.. that made this fictional man a reality.
and thanks to writers like you who let us celebrate that here...

so you saw mili after the breakdown. 😳 i didn't, but that intensity gets remembered. yes, our times are only about lightness and joy, as though anything else is against the business of living... the forced frothiness and quickly wrapped up pain with sweet wise sounding words, at best platitudes all, have become such a given... in the middle of that asr brings his dark moving vedana. funny you mention dilip kumar and his subtlety. i was never a fan, too before my time his "hero". but i have noticed the otherness in him in snippets of earlier movies i saw... and that night when watching him go still and hold that moment with absolute ease and perfectly, then turning away, i leapt up on my bed and said, o my g, this guy is not just good looking, he is an actor... actually the word thespian tried to break in... i remember thinking, an actor in the way of a dilip kumar,

oh the complete taking over of  a feeling, almost amonopoly on it.

i saw his picture yesterday holding the two men, and in his eyes and guarded smile, again the sign of an actor. of a kind not seen for along long time.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 243

Can't believe am still writing...

Once upon a time there lived a vivacious girl who confused love with acidity and was intelligent enough to unearth the evil plot of rakhshas Raizada laad governor. He was not used to being challenged. So resorted to jaddoo tona to teach her a lesson. The self proclaimed damsel in distress found she needn't have been worried because the rakshas actually had meant no harm. Many episodes went by and today the very same girl has unconvered her own assassination attempt by the very same man. Long ago it had been funny but today it is plain silly. exactly, which is why this episode has given me such acidity, of the painful real kind, that i can't bring myself to even think f the episode... except a man one night.

It was nighttime. She was fast asleep but he woke up completely unsettled. In all her mad cap schemes to take over his life not just we but even he forgot how drastically her life has changed. I think gradually his heart is winning over his head. For now he simply wishes to be that husband that his wife lovingly described. No need to analyze too much, just lets himself flow with the emotions. Part of him perhaps knows he has done a grave sin by shattering this girls dreams. The other shatir part, that can get reason and logic to its defense to prove that she deserved exactly what she got it, doesn't really want to win the battle at this point. The mind is content to let the heart take over for now. so layered is this character and his portrayal that you almost always feel the layers, even though most of them you have to guess at, yet they are whispering in the wind and in you all the time.

He sees her freezing in the AC. Turns it off. Will sweat for her as long as she can have her uninterrupted night's rest. But sadly you have to admit he must have been quite a laad governor if the time he tries to be nice she suspects him of wanting to kill her off. He holds her hand with a look in those eyes that get darker the deeper you dive into it. How badly does he want to love her? Give her all the happiness in the world. Delicately takes her hand into his. The touch brings comfort enough to allow him to fall asleep. And oblivious to all this she sleeps right on.

The morning sun is out. The spell of the night broken. She wakes up and notices him holding her hand. A few seconds of watching him sleep blissfully with the expression of a content child. This girl who knows all about kuch kuch hota hai Arnavji thinks that he held her hand all night long because he did not want her running away from her own house. Right we absolutely believe Khushi is thinking just this! She is worried he is sweating. And khadoos that he is he can't share the reason why. Turns back to give her one soulful look.. Yup he definitely means to stop your dhakane. no question of dhakane tez ho jati hai.. wants to watch you die..

Sometime later Buaji and bitwa sharing tea together in a very domestic scene. Very sweet but enough is enough. I demand he be sent to office and shout at a few employees or atleast yell at Aman on his bluetooth for a good 5 minutes. ha ha, i couldn't take his skiving any more, mann has an empire to run, yet all he does is move around from room to room in gh, puzzling over his wife's strange behaviour.

And she sits glued in front of the TV. Wish they had been showing reruns of her falling in his arms. They could even use katelyn's gorgeous gif as prime time footage. She has got an answer to everything. He married her because he wants to save himself from kundali ka dosh. She does reason out he doesn't believe in any of this but what the? It isn't like there is any better explanation available. She has all the proof she needs in the random scribble in his diary. He is peering over his tea cup from far .. Obviously he is planning something sinister.. Shows concern that she is too close to the fire.. So simple to reach the deduction he is stalking her.. All those rabba ve's only played in our ears not hers it seems. simple sweet character assasination, rhea, so damn painful losing khushi. after gh, no matter how poignant kidnap was and showed many sides of the character, this damage could never be completely obliterated from the mind, a break with her character had happened, and gotten registered iin the heart. i still can't figure out why it was necessary. story line could have continued even without destroying her.

He is talking to Lavanya on the phone. Who thinks of jealousy or insecurity when you fear for your life. Random stuff you say? There are no coincidences.. Definitely Lavanyaji is the reason and the accomplice behind the murder attempt. Well I can tell you for sure that offscreen there is a definite plot being conceived to strangle the writers. In fact massacre whoever is responsible for this annihilation of story.  👏 👏 Then mamiji ke inbestigation karike pari whether they turned into bhoot or not. My alibi is fixed. I was logged into IF all along.

Forgive my slightly (I hope only slightly) OTT review. Had to entertain myself somehow 😆.

hi rhea,

thanks for this and i feel the same rage and pain. just so damn wrong what they did to khushi. lots of comments up there.

Previous
1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 107
Next