Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Wonderful take 👏 Very thoughtful
My comments are above. 

Thank you so much Javeria for such in depth comments. I can see how much you love Khushi 😊! In that scene both mother and daughter acted so well isn't it? I also found it very very touching. And actually very inspiring too. For her family's happiness she can be such a strong woman. And love what you say about Arshi being connected with each other and no matter how much they try they can never be separated. 
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: MehreenB

arwen 

this is the best part of this epi , if yesterday he was in pain seeing her pain which he inflicted on her and then he lashed at her after that.Then this is an eye opening moment for him .How innocently she is defending him and telling all lies for her mother's sake but this is actually her wish for Arnavji to be like that way she imagines her Rajkumar and he will be doing all but they both have to go through this test , a test of testing the limit of Love beyond anything else.A love which will make Arnav and Khushi completely one soul .

Mehereen such a lovely thought .. yes in that scene she was so innocent as she defended Arnavji for her mother's happiness. Am very happy that they showed Khushi see the nice side of Arnav and also vice versa.  And that amma bitiya scene was beautiful. While making these collages I was thinking green and red colors of their sarees and all the wedding decorations was making the scene so appealing. And add to that the great acting by all three.

Oh and I loved the poem you shared with Indi di in your post.. Just perfect for Arnav 👏
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Rhea good one ...I felt for you please be ASR and feed ur ASR one golgappa...if u are married or then wait till u have one...

Lots of happy moments in this epi , but that morning scene with tea and Bride is the best .My comments are in between.

Faiqa you have officially become my favourite buaji on IF 🤗. Thank you! I am married and my husband actually has quite an ASR like temper himself . Haha now that you have said it, the whole day I have been happily dreaming about making golgappa for him . And the whole evening he is very amused seeing me smiling away to myself till he found out the reason why I have been smiling. Now he thinks I have gone quite mad.. 😊

Yes lots of happy moments. That morning scene was very very cute. Yes she was the bride. Wish they showed more such sweet scenes after the wedding also. It just never felt the same. And I also think that Garima understood bitwa specially well. And he was very comfortable around her. If only they made him acknowledge her as amma and spend more time with her. 
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 241

There is something immensely real in this episode. Raw emotions hurtling at you from everywhere. Khushi and Arnav are as real as the husband and wife as they are the star crossed lovers. A myriad of emotions flitting on the actors' face piercing right through me. 

He is still reeling from the reminder that Khushi's words have stirred in him. Teary eyed and yet all man as only Barun can make Arnav appear. Do I see regret at his actions? He did not ask for an explanation. Is there remorse that he compelled her to marry him?  Isn't there also that deep seated betrayal that has scarred him? Jo chap gaya hai mann mein.  Such inspired acting is a rare sight to behold.  Almost out of breath having been hit in full force by such a potent wave of hurtful memory. And just as his heart may have considered the possibility of analyzing what the eyes saw on the terrace that night, his mind kicks in on reflex. Anger is his armour against that unbearable pain. part of character, this anger, maims him, saves him, helps him, makes him  make mistakes, asr's gussa, you can't imagine hi without it. i love this crazy anger of his and hope no one ever dares to send hi  to an anger management guru.The wrong that had been inflicted on him and also the wrong that he has forced upon her. His mind wants to blame her. The ready excuse is a lost file. All her pranks, some that even had us gritting our teeth, have only got him slightly angry, secretly amused. Then why so much anger today? The answer.. the festering wound is entirely exposed right now. yes, true... also when the amma thing happens... 

Fate is busy orchestrating this complex symphony. One minute the jarring anger and the very next beat .. Soft expression on those sharp chiseled features. His heart is winning again. Chides him. Why do you wrong her so? The file is in your bag.  She may be pagal but not bad.

Destiny cannot be hurried though. It follows its own pace and right now he will be plummeted into the inferno of the dammed. A shiny piece of wrapping paper sticking out of a drawer brings with it unmeasured anguish. "With love shayam". Did he imagine this a proof that for her it was a dear memory to be preserved.  The possessive lover could have wrung the neck if someone said that to her. But what about the brother? What does he do if she returns the hug. Stands in front of the trusted jeejaji and asks him to leave his di. The vision that haunts the man is clearly seen in the actor's dark unfathomable eyes. I just can't take my eyes off him today. Each frame something new in the eyes bottomless pit of those eyes. Movement of a minute muscle and the solemn face transforms to make me feel something different. The way he holds his body. Smoothly gliding from one stance to another conveying everything. lovely and oh he is just such a fine actor.

She walks in to call him. Had he been in a good mood maybe she would have shared a bit of the outrage she felt against those rude larke wale. She is the same girl who wanted to reason out about dahej during Payal's wedding. In an instant she senses something terribly wrong. With just as much certainty she knows he is extremely angry as she knows she belongs with this man come what may. She panics. Jumps to the conclusion that this must be because of what he heard earlier. Tries to explain. Desperately tries to reach out to him. Oh she can feel her Arnavji is in pain! Too much pain.. Yet soon she is indignant. How do you make it right when you don't know what is wrong? She questions him. Is she wondering why this relapse when things had just gotten better between them? It unnerves her. Happens in real life too when you feel you are the cause of your loved ones discomfort. Also helpless if you can't figure out what it is about. Soon angry because it affects you so much yet you aren't sure why it is your fault. And why isn't he helping you understand. Giving you an opportunity to set things right. Lovely genuine reactions. Sanaya's eyes ablaze with so many things unnamed unsaid. You can feel each intense emotion Khushi is going through. It hurts you like it is hurting her.

It will soon be time for the catharsis of all that has caused them this anguish. Just not yet. Not tonight. He orders her out. The verge of losing control. And amidst this the beats of drums, shenai. Wedding music. Reminder of everything. wedding nights are never kind to him are they.

The mother walks in and tries to get damaadji to come out. But he won't. You can literally feel the extreme self control he is exerting to answer civilly to her. But his grasp on his emotions is breaking. And outside, she who would laugh and be the first one to dance wears this forced smile on her beautiful stricken face. Tries to do what she does best. Laugh for the sake of others. Be sweet and hope to infuse that sweetness in others. But the people in front of her are too sour to be swayed by her guile free attempts.

The larke wale think they are more important than the man inside. I feel scornful at their ignorance. Buaji with her new camaraderie with babau takes charge of calling him. But even she fails. He won't come. So buaji goes in serach of Khushi. Again very very real when the in laws approach the daughter to handle the damaad. But Khushi can't help this time.She stands forlorn in the kitchen. Detached from all.  Away from people, the noise, the festivities. In her own inferno of heartbreak. I have been in this place and it is an absolutely awful place to be in. Try to smile in front of others when you have fought with the one you love. All the body shouts out for is to curl up into a ball in some dark corner till the hurt goes away. Till you reconcile with your beloved. That one person for whom your heart beats. The one pivotal person around whom your world revolves. Almost a physical suffering while your soul battles this agony. yeah,  been there... and the fights are always suddenly out of nowhere, odd and jerky of pace, no logic, just feelings... escalating, shutting out one another... red fiery anger why sometimes the reason even ceases to matter, but guests are there, you smile. writers understood the nature of these fights. actors just seemed to know exactly where to pitch it. for me that fight which i thought i was in it was the evening of 1 august fight.

He was ready to go back home. Called up Aman and packs his bag. Put in his white towels. Has had enough. Enough of this place that had slowly lead him to be unguarded, joyful and then shoved him heartlessly back into the same torture. In the middle of all this the ladies hesitantly walk in. He has his back towards them, but his ear catches the worry in their voice and his mind processes the gross injustice unfolding. He cannot believe what is going on. We call him perceptive and he is exactly that. We call him a man of action and he is that also as we will come to see. In that haze of his own pain he heard each scathing remark. Each derogatory taunt and his mind registered the helplessness of the women. Buaji a replica of her dear niece tries to lighten the situation but the dulha's mamiji will not be pacified. A little like the mamiji we are so familiar with. Insisting about how high class they are.  How her nephew works in this big company and is going to be promoted. Taunting the girl's family. Ridiculing their gifts. Demeaning the very people they have come to form this new relationship with. Very sad but this does happen in our society. Where people least deserving end up demanding, forcing respect.

At the height of his pain he is touched by others pain. This is what I call truly selfless. Khushi is that too. His loved ones failed to bring him out of the room, but now he walks out of his own violation. Not for the girl he loves or for her family. But for strangers. Just because there is a bride there sitting all lost hating what her family has to go through. Just because the best an earnest mother can give does not seem to be enough for others. Just because it is wrong.  We had been joking about his brain having lost the edge but he has heard enough. Devi maiyya smiles on her favourite child's most favourite person. If he wants to fix this he will have all the ammunition he needs to destroy this evil.

Khushi also continues for the sake of others. She tries to reason out yet stand up for what is right herself. She does it the way she knows how to. With a smile. Wants to use her sweet words to spread smiles and calm down tempers. But he walks in, "khushi chup raho". That unmistakable unquestionable right over her. "Dusri ice cream leke aao... Main Arnav Khushi ka husband". I am thinking that mamaji doesn't value his dear life. When he says, "baro se kaise baat ki jati hai ye aap apni patni ko sikhayiye.", If looks could kill that man would be a charred mass by now. "Koshish karunga". Our man is in a deadly mood. Cannot be messed with tonight. Razor sharp. A slight touch can draw out blood. This Arnav is scary yet intriguing. I simply cannot resist him. Just before picking up Aman's call he looks at the bride. Lovely! One tiny second and to me it shouts of the gem of a heart the man has. Yes what about the bride? What must she be going through. Her whole new life about to start and based on what? What does she have to look forward to. Another bride he claimed in tears. Powerless to do anything about that. But this time he is not powerless. Cannot be indifferent to this violation.

he has seen a sister left at the mandap in her shadi ka jora, he has seen a mother denigrated... he has a respect for women, a need to set things right, an anger that makes him boil at such things and do something about things that no one seems often to have the cojones to do anything about... his wife's mooh dikhai, he not only defended her, but women as such... he has a deep conscience and a need to do the right thing... sahi. and he can be terribly sensitive, especially if he has been through a similar situation... i love it when he gets into this frame of mind... he will not let anything wrong happen, even if he is in anguish, maybe that anguish makes him more determined... this is a peculiarly strident and  big character... a bit outside the ordinary human range his every rhythm every beat. not quite superman, but if asked to be he wouldn't be scared to fly with a cape. he is not the boring expected good, he is really really bad. 😆

His wife stands affronted. She may have hoped that he would side with her and put a full stop to all this nonsense. Follows him inside. All ready for a fight. How dare you talk like that to me in front of others? A real husband and wife fight. but he is still seething in anger. Cannot forget the glittering neatly carefully folded gift wrap tucked away in the draw. Behind them the groom is on a call. Agitated he paces. We know what this is all about. There are enough hints in the scenes as this moment unfolds and yet thanks to the superb pacing, today I am a going crazy with anticipation. But Khushi does not care. Already hurt, now insulted by the way he treated her in front of outsiders. In anger she exaggerates. He is taking their side in everything she complains. She will manage on her own. She shouldn't be surprised since after all he is exactly like them. Rich, spoilt and heartless!  Oh if only she knew how far from truth this is. If only he knew that he has no right nor any reason to be mad at her. Deception she may have committed but it was all for him and his di. A little flawed  may have been her logic but her mistake is nowhere near the illusion he is under. 

Having successfully hurt her enough to have her walk out of the room Arnav turns his attention to more pressing matters. Something he can actually solve. ahh that is the man, must solve, can't take things that have no solution, so doggedly he tries once he has made up his mind to solve something his way... here it is fairly simple, but try to get kkgsr to accept you as pati... you'll need all that is asr and more. in a way marrying her was also an attempt to solve a problem wasn't it? f only bua ji knew that airconditioner was really nothing. Impatient to repair this broken thing that he does have control over. He walks and places his hand on the tense young man's shoulder. A surprisingly powerful gesture. This man does not deserve to be an AR employee.  Apni baat bina dare confidence se kehni ki himmat. Jab tak tum apni wife ko respect karna, uski family ko respect karna nai sikh jate meri company ko tumhari koi zarurat nahi hai.  Unfaltering conviction in what is right and what is wrong. And to me this is a reminder of why he is Arnav Singh Raizada. Why this character and this actor are irreplaceable. Why no one can be like him. And also why I joined an online forum and started writing.

hi rhea,

very nice read... i loved all the comments on character and the real life thingie... cathartic ipk was in many ways for me. haven't seen the episode yet... mad week. but i do recall it had not touched me as an episode, but that characterisation of raizada done by actor and creative team, ufff. thanks, lots pf blue writing. um, you do seem to like this angry bizarre man don't you? 😆  😆
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Sona_Chandini thumbnail
Nice analysis everyone. 👏
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi rhea,

very nice read... i loved all the comments on character and the real life thingie... cathartic ipk was in amy ways for me. haven't seen the episode yet... mad week. but i do recall it had not touched me as an episode, but that characterisation of raizada done by actor and creative team, ufff. thanks, lots pf blue writing. um, you do seem to like this angry bizarre man don't you? 😆  😆

Superman batman he can be any man and I will still watch.. 😆 .. And sharing this with you all has me going crazier I tell you.. Thanks a lot for liking all those intense comments. As you may have already noticed I got a little carried away..I quite liked the episode actually. First because anything after the raiza repair center and specially something sensible was very welcome. And then I liked the premise that he overheard her and was already upset. Got to see the wrapping paper with Shyam's name and got more upset. This time Khushi actually showed real emotions and tried to get him to talk and then felt bad for herself also. And like you say they have a wedding going on and guests around so both need to maintain some semblance of normalcy for the outside world even when everything was spinning out of control within them. Felt real. Also it was not made into a big deal that he got the groom to say yes. Neither was it completely unnoticed. Khushi got to know and that was more than enough. Just right actually. Won't want the world to see the super hero he is. Kisi aur ko janane ki zarurat nahi hai..

That muh dikhai scene at his house was again a great example of how he stands up for what he things is right doesn't it? I had liked that scene. And your comment about him empathizing if he has been in that situation immediately reminds me of the day he says sorry to Khushi. JP (or OP or HP) banged into him and he didn't even get yelled at. Everyone was so amazed but Arnav knew how bad he must feel.. That fixing stuff , your take on the previous episode was reminding me just of this "fixing" compulsion of his. And his anger.. defines him,, good and bad.. Wow sometimes I can't believe we find so much in a TV serial character.. unbelievable.. 

Hope work gets less hectic for you Indi di waiting for your reviews..
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^
rhea,

i like your subtle nuanced understanding of that overhearing, the finding the wrapper, the feelings in both and khushi showing real feelings... and yes, no need to make a huge fuss about the damad who saved the wedding...

i recall i had felt it is too much of a stretch that one of his ar guys is coincidentally the groom, and then he goes and sacks him on the basis of this, proceeding to give a fairly holier than thou speech about what kind of guy he will employ at ar... the writing felt outlandish... i couldn't quite understand what they were trying to establish in this episode... and frankly i found even the writing for khushi very weak, payal should have been at the wedding too, normal right? i guess the wedding just didn't gel for me because it felt forced right through, in here to show us certain things pointedly... it was really the writing which left me cold, the acting always saved things... but yes, they did excel at writing fights even if not weaving plot. 

reading your take was good though, i will be concentrating on the angst andman woman thing, ignoring ishtory merrily. 😆

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
rhea, Indi,

Yet to watch read 241 but yes that holier than thou speech was indeed quirky...where is the man with all the range of realistic emotions...
but I happened to watch some average to mediocre stuff on tv lately..and suddenly even some of those what thought to be meaningless in IPK that time seemed plausible.. likeable even.. so its all about drawing a shorter line to make a line appear longer..

I just needed to take off those rose tinted glasses of that initial classy romance unfold...that may push even scarlet and Rhett aside (as indi said)...characters and romance like that is simply not designed for every day ..
aarwen thumbnail
Hey Indu.. How is asli duniya treating you these days? Frankly my dear I am amazed after reading Indi di's comparison. I never thought of Rhett even with all that 'damn'it dialogues all over.. Ok very confusing sentence but hope aap samajhi?
I just very very badly miss the initial days, the short haricut, lovely quirky churidars (and not these ghastly loose in all different color flowy ones).. it made so much sense then even when everything felt sublime. I saw 243 and am thinking 241/242 was way way better.. Sure ASR doesn't need to say all these things about marriage but the dialogue writers luckily did not over do it and not too much of a shout on what is good.. like you say perspective changes the view.. I don't know what happened in 243.. Mamiji was actually suspecting Payal to be a bhut! 
Hi Blasters!  When you have free time, please take a look of my Arshi creations!  Thanks!

http://www.just-showbiz.com/arshis-creations/
Edited by Katelyn - 10 years ago
Previous
1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 107
Next