Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
no one can force the khans or the new generation actors to care about her. when they show appreciation and love towards her it seems totally genuine to me. she is considered to be the most popular bollywood actress of all time by many people. we know ranbir loves her, ranveer wrote a rap about her on jdj, kareena said she used to dance to her songs infront of the mirror as a teen, sonakshi said after seeing aaja nachle she wanted to become an actress. when katrina was asked in an interview who she aspires to be like she said madhuri because of her screen presence and dancing. shahrukh deeply admires madhuri, there are many more examples. point being no one can force people to praise madhuri or anyone else. the fact is she has left a huge impact on many people with her movies, dancing, acting , whatever it may be
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Rhythmic.Me-

I would be honest..I haven't seen much of her 90's films! She might be a great actress but all the praises she gets in JDJ annoys me too and it looks forced. I don't think the Khans or most of the young gen actors care about her that much!

IMO she is one of the very few ppl in BW who has won a lot of love, respect and admiration for her work and for the way she has conducted herself in the movie industry, coz if one looks at her, she is still like an outsider, in d sense tht her famiy still isn't a BW one. Der r many who come from non-filmy family, but end up marrying someone connected wid films and dey become part of the filmy clan. And those who don't r forgotten. Madhuri is the only one who I can recall off hand, who is able to command tht kind of attention nd dat too in spite of not really being the part of the Big Fat BW family.😆

As MadhuriDixit said, she gets complimented by her colleagues as well as by the newer generation of actors and I don't think dey have anything to gain from her by praising her to teh hilt, unlike others. In BB when Madz came to promote DI, d way Salman behaved wid Madz was totally unlike any other actors he tends to behave with. Respect as well as friendship was evident. And whn Madz remarked abt meeting after a long time he said yes dat's coz after work she went straight to her home and didn't party.
Aish too played a prostitute in Umrao Jaan and she completed sucked...and the film bombed as well...
Madhuri's time has definitely gone but she still has got the popularity factor. Juhi has now gone past her prime and u can see flops don't matter to her at all. but it may affect madhuri and she needs a big hit now. 

haven't been a great madhuri fan but i have to admit that She and Sridevi have got the most iconic status of actresses in Bollywood ever. disliking them personally and calling them overrated can't change the facts at all. 
TheItalianBride thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Finally someone said it!! Thank u.
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I know right!
She is so overrated. No doubt she is pretty and talented, but people in BW literally worship her.
Amara_B thumbnail
Madhuri has become a caricature of herself. She's been stripped down to an aesthetically pleasing dancer. That's why in all her movies the inevitable big 'dance' number is the highlight. There is nothing more too her. As an actor she's shallow.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Acc to BOI, initially it recovered it cost and has gone on to make decent money to be declared 2014's first HIT movie.
What are you talking about TM?

Its offcourse her movies will noz be ATBB coz then  the whole concept of BW will change but its pretty good performance .

PS: calling anyone God or Goddess is overrated, but that media jouranalism ans fangiri to you. There are people who erect mandir and stuff for SRK and AB Sr and all.
Barunash thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: koiza.k

so I have a picture of kareena and Katrina and I am being labeled as a fan of just Katrina to mock me down!?

IF never fails to surprise me

so just if you happen to have a picture of an actress means you worship her? means you find her a good actress? means you have no right to discuss other actresses?

when have I praised kat for her acting? when?

seriously this place is filled with bunch of assholes!

I literally mean it!

Don't call yourself asshole:-)
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I don't know too much about Madhuri, so excuse me if my reasons are wrong. 

Madhuri had tons of huge hits in the 90's that made people forget about all the flop films she had done. Her main attraction was her dancing (sometimes expressions) and looks. She continued gaining momentum with Devdas and then quit 'on her own'. Usually when people quit after having such a huge success, it cements in people's eyes the fact that the person is "special." So her quitting after Devdas just convinced people that she was "one of a kind." 

And honestly, if she had just continued to fade away, taking only occasion roles in movies, her star power wouldn't remained positive. But then she came back with a flop. Her looks were old, her dancing couldn't save her. Yet she was still in the good eyes of people. 

And then came the worst for her, JDJ!!! LOL seriously tho, JDJ ruined her for many. Her biased comments and stupid points made her lose some of her charm. It was kind of like getting an overdose of Madhuri (not helped by people on JDJ constantly worshipping her).  

And now she's trying to make a comeback. So the whole "one of a kind" thing about her has disappeared. 

Personally I think she's still a really good actress, but that bollywood or she herself for that matter, don't know what to do with her. She's too old to play the young, fresh character roles, to young to play the mother rules. The age old conundrum regarding hollywood and bollywood.
Oye_Chup_Kar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

I don't know too much about Madhuri, so excuse me if my reasons are wrong. 

Madhuri had tons of huge hits in the 90's that made people forget about all the flop films she had done. Her main attraction was her dancing (sometimes expressions) and looks. She continued gaining momentum with Devdas and then quit 'on her own'. Usually when people quit after having such a huge success, it cements in people's eyes the fact that the person is "special." So her quitting after Devdas just convinced people that she was "one of a kind." 

And honestly, if she had just continued to fade away, taking only occasion roles in movies, her star power wouldn't remained positive. But then she came back with a flop. Her looks were old, her dancing couldn't save her. Yet she was still in the good eyes of people. 

And then came the worst for her, JDJ!!! LOL seriously tho, JDJ ruined her for many. Her biased comments and stupid points made her lose some of her charm. It was kind of like getting an overdose of Madhuri (not helped by people on JDJ constantly worshipping her).  

And now she's trying to make a comeback. So the whole "one of a kind" thing about her has disappeared. 

Personally I think she's still a really good actress, but that bollywood or she herself for that matter, don't know what to do with her. She's too old to play the young, fresh character roles, to young to play the mother rules. The age old conundrum regarding hollywood and bollywood.

You're excused because your reasons are wrong ðŸ˜†

1) Aaja Nachle may be a flop, but it's music was a HUGE HIT. She was also appreciated by the critics for her performance. Despite being a BO flop, it worked positive for her and her carrier. So that didn't still took away her stardom.

2) JDJ - I guess Madhuri doing JDJ wasn't any bad choice. Because many teens who didn't knew much about Madhuri started searching for her movies-songs and became fans. Like MANY of my young cousins-friends became crazy fans of her after Jhalak. They knew very less about her, but after watching her in JDJ, they were inspired and started looking for her songs and movies and became fans. So JDJ was also positive for Madhuri. She was then more recognized and loved also by the Indian Telly lovers.

3) Her item number in YJHD was a big hit. Dedh Ishiya did fair business, and BOI declared it a hit too. Now i am sure Gulab Gang will also be a hit.

4) Her stage performances like in IIFA, Filmfare are the most viewed in Youtube.

5) Where on earth is she playing 'young, fresh character roles'? She's playing only those roles which suits her/persona and her age. 
So all these proves her "one of a kind" still not disappeared, but increased/grew even more.😳

SO still she's a star (SURELY NOT LIKE BEFORE, And that's not possible too) and also can continue playing leading actress 'Heroines' in movies and can make it a Hit. ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Oye_Chup_Kar - 10 years ago