Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jeshwant thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

It is true that Madhuri Dixit was once the Goddess in Indian cinema. She definitely is no longer a Goddess, but I wouldn't completely dismiss. Aaja Nachle was not the best of films. However, Dedh Isqiya received great reviews including accolades for her role. The movie was not promoted well enough and release was not well timed.

Also I think Madhuri's failures tend to reflect a lack of appreciation for female celebrities in India. Male superstars like SRK, Salman, Aamir, Saif work well past their shelf life and prance around like young heroes. Female stars though don't have this liberty. It is only recently audiences have started accepting women centric movies with commercial success. More women centric movies are being made. But for the older women who are past their prime as heroines the going is still tough. On the other hand look at Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Hellen Mirren who are beloved even in their silver years.

In another comparison Sandra Bullock, academy award nominee this year for Gravity is 49 years old. Almost 50 but she still had the pivotal role in Gravity and carried a movie. In Bollywood it would be a tough sell for a film entirely on a woman.  At the same time she still makes commercial films like The Heat. Madhuri is 46, but ever since she decided to make a comeback people have been writing her off as past prime.

Thank you!! I couldn't agree more! 👏

I really don't understand why people are so against her. Nobody is against Katrina Kaif, who doesn't even speak a proper word of Hindi or can't even act?? Why isn't anyone saying something about THAT?  I mean, if people don't like madhuri, then don't watch her films. But don't complain...

Hamare samaaj mein, people write off actresses off when they are married or past a certain age.. Just like return_to_hade said: Female stars though don't have this liberty and it's true. Why can't an actress be succesfull after marriage and raising children? Why can only Shahrukh, Salman, Aamir, Saif & Akshay be succesfull when they are past their 40's? Because they are MEN.. And I just don't like it, because this just shows again, that ur society is male dominated.. Our society isn't progressing.. Female stars, don't get the resprect, attention and succes they deserve and nobody can't deny that..
Exactly... no matter where I go, I always see some Madhuri comment. It's like I was on the Kamli video, and I saw a comment comparing Kat to Madhuri from a Madhuri fan. It's annoying because her fans are still stuck in the 90's.
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Oye_Chup_Kar

You're excused because your reasons are wrong 😆

1) Aaja Nachle may be a flop, but it's music was a HUGE HIT. She was also appreciated by the critics for her performance. Despite being a BO flop, it worked positive for her and her carrier. So that didn't still took away her stardom.

2) JDJ - I guess Madhuri doing JDJ wasn't any bad choice. Because many teens who didn't knew much about Madhuri started searching for her movies-songs and became fans. Like MANY of my young cousins-friends became crazy fans of her after Jhalak. They knew very less about her, but after watching her in JDJ, they were inspired and started looking for her songs and movies and became fans. So JDJ was also positive for Madhuri. She was then more recognized and loved also by the Indian Telly lovers.

3) Her item number in YJHD was a big hit. Dedh Ishiya did fair business, and BOI declared it a hit too. Now i am sure Gulab Gang will also be a hit.

4) Her stage performances like in IIFA, Filmfare are the most viewed in Youtube.

5) Where on earth is she playing 'young, fresh character roles'? She's playing only those roles which suits her/persona and her age. 
So all these proves her "one of a kind" still not disappeared, but increased/grew even more.😳

SO still she's a star (SURELY NOT LIKE BEFORE, And that's not possible too) and also can continue playing leading actress 'Heroines' in movies and can make it a Hit. 😃

LOL thanks for excusing me! :P 

Yeah...I just took a shot in the dark because I don't know much about her. Thanks for correcting me! 

Glad to hear that she is still flourishing! 

Points to correct though: 

I never said that AN was bad for her. Sorry if it came off that way. But despite its music selling well, it was still a FLOP. I said despite that, she was still good in the eyes of people.  

Secondly, I'm not too sure about your point #2. Idk, maybe its just the people I associate with, but JDJ didn't do too well for her reputation online (esp in the Jhalak forum). 

Thirdly, when I said that "She's too old to play the young, fresh character roles, to young to play the mother rules" you took it the wrong way. I never said that she was playing them. I'm referring to the fact that even if she wanted to, she couldn't or wouldn't be offered them. It's a fact that bollywood and hollywood don't know what to do with actresses in their middle age.  

Basically, I think you thought my post was attacking Madhuri when it wasn't. So really sorry if it came across that way. I was basically just saying that before, Madhuri was HUGE. And now she's just BIG. She's still doing very well (as compared to many actresses and actors) but she's not as huge popularity wise as she used to be. So I suppose we're on the same end point :)
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I prefer Juhi over Madhuri. 
THERE. I. SAID. IT. 
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TexanHolden

I prefer Juhi over Madhuri. 

THERE. I. SAID. IT. 

your lucky you don't have any one's picture as your avi or else you would have been bashed as well!

phew 😳
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I was a fan of Madhuri back when she was acting. Liked most of the actresses back then anyway 😆.
Now though...man, she's too busy flaunting her non-existent 'adaa'. 

She was such a booorrreee on Kapil's show. Just focused on herself and her fake 'adaa'. Wasn't really mingling with the audience like normal celebs. 

Her adaa looks fake man. Same with Shilpa on NB. Seriously. Malaika Arora Khan is a mother of two grown up kids and she's all stylish and all but even she mingles with contestants and actually looks genuine.
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: koiza.k

your lucky you don't have any one's picture as your avi or else you would have been bashed as well!

phew 😳

Accept the fact that you opening this topic was both embarrassing and ironic 😆

Fine, Madhuri may not be a goddess in your eyes, but many people out there appreciate her talent.

On the other hand, I love Katrina too - but you can't complain that Madhuri is not versatile, when Miss Kamli is in your avi 👏
Cursed~n~Broken thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I've personally have  never seen what all the fuss about her is about.

briahna thumbnail
after 10yrs NOBODY would even know who katrina and kareena were. i have a feeling they will even have a hard time getting on reality shows.
seen how poor karishma bhatak rahi hai with NOTHING.

on a positive note, i think its good to open such threads and vent out on other actresses when your loved ones are smacked down hard by current hottie deepika.
smacked down so hard that i don't think they won't be able to shake their tooths anymore.
its over.

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

after 10yrs NOBODY would even know who katrina and kareena were. i have a feeling they will even have a hard time getting on reality shows.

seen how poor karishma bhatak rahi hai with NOTHING.

on a positive note, i think its good to open such threads and vent out on other actresses when your loved ones are smacked down hard by current hottie deepika.
smacked down so hard that i don't think they won't be able to shake their tooths anymore.
its over.

but deepika is also among my loved ones- why you assume she isn't? because she aint in my avi?

so I don't see deepika in the banner as well- shall I assume she is non existent in Bollywood?