Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 50

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

aarwen

loved reading your take... funny, insightful, and totally in love with ipk... i don't need anything else. 

swami track starts, it's a touching episode, i was watching this morning before coming to work. both sanaya and barun's timing i thought was ufff. 

my comments in blue everywhere. i feel for this man... such a lunatic, utterly useless at the love thing... but dimag ticking, not for a moment is he taken in by her "natak". so cute, he is willing to put up with all her drama even though he is convinced she is having an affair with shyam... what is this if not love. and she, despite all his dragging pulling insulting, her hand must touch his hair, her heart must break when she thinks he doesn't want to see her... no, this can't be love. 😆.

thanks and don't forget to damn the kartavya.

Really enjoyed all your comments Indi Di . And the line in light blue above made my day. Thank you!

From heathcliff , Quasimodo, Othello to ...

in ufff accent, of course and all "r"s rolling
haw, he's chhotey na.

HAHAHA
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
viv04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

and every night, the beast asked her, "will you marry me?"

a shot from episode 243.

What a feast of the beast
lovely, Indi!
aarwen thumbnail
Awesome take Di. I enjoy reading this review. 👏

Thank you Javeri 😊 .  very nice quote and found your comment about Di and nani noticing anxiety between the two very insightful. In some ways these two wore their hearts on their sleeve. First everyone aw their unparalleled anger at each other, During Payash's wedding Nani and Di saw the blooming love. Now they see the tension. Even in Gupta house Buaji and Amma will always know whenever there is a tiff between the two. Only the contract marriage no one came to know about because maybe it didn't matter to these two at all. They played holi, quarreled , displayed haq and concern all like a regular married couple.
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

Good one Aarwen! I highlighted all that stood out for me. The more he says" faraq nahi padta" the more "faraq" he expresses in his molten eyes. Khushi was surely blind not to see it. She had made up her mind not to. But in her heart of hearts the love in his gaze could not have not touched her. Ajeeb! And dammit so endearing!

Thanks for liking it Wiwy 😊 ! In pink..so true..
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: viv04

What a feast of the beast
lovely, Indi!

me like that feast of the beast... and would like to be invited to it pilleejh. 😆

hi viv, good to see you.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
wiwy, mehreen, javeria, durga

thanks for liking my asr edit.

wiwy, your thoughts on the colour blue, v nice. i was pushing contrasts and somehow the blue stood out, so i left a hint of it where i thought  it felt right, added something... but yes, it could be a hint of the poison he accepted so others may stay safe... or something else, sinuous and unpredictable and beautifully beastly in him.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Just read this Indi. I was wondering why you went all the way to 243 for an edit. Got my answer here.

The Rajkumar talk started in the first epi itself, thanks for the reminder. And how stealthily it kept coming back. We are in a crucial mode vis-a-vis the Beauty and Beast story in IPK. Khushi is realising her love for the beast that refuses to subside inspite of his constant animosity. But isn't it the same for Arnav, he is loving her inspite of her so-called betrayal.

yes, it is, durga... even though he believes she is an immoral woman who is out to break his sister's home, he can't stop loving her, or caring for her, or wanting her... ever.

i ask myself at times, what if part of what he suspected were true... or all of it. would he stop loving her then? he had already heard his heartbeat and connected it to "khushi", was there any turning away from that any more?

while he is called shaitan here and many other things, even by his sister, we have to remember what he has seen and heard... and you know i was watching 187, after shyam had done his drama, asr cam down looking for di... he saw khushi and strode toward her, his heart feeling cut and burnt, yet he did go toward her, then heard di and got distracted, remembered what a terrible thing had happened to her and went to tell her.

in that moment, yes fate did play a terrible trick on an angry and roiled and hurting man... he would have spoken to khushi but...

we say it would have been the normal thing to go speak to khushi first before going haywire like that... till i saw 187  properly, i didn't remember, that he had tried to do precisely that...

did not happen... instead he learned of his sister's pregnancy, his bro in law took full advantage of his wife's blind faith in him and taunted him more, and looking at the whole scenario, remembering his paraents and the price of infideleity, deeply anguished and broken, he lost it completely.

his wall returned and he went into some auto pilot mode, out to protect the one he'd sworn to... and devised a plan that would hurt the one he loved the most. human, too human, this shaitan of khushi's.

and she knew it instinctively somehow. though 😆 she was not prepared to be saintly and spare him.
i am wary of achhis...

our world seems to prefer hypocritical public faces... asr never ever wore one.

shyam wore his constantly, sometimes even in front of himself. and we know which one of them was the shaitan.
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Brilliantly perspective write up! How you connected this tale to the very first day to when he holds her hand while she sleeps...

Your "will you marry me Khushi" while he holds her hand as she sleeps adds so much more meaning and extra depth to his  "jab tum soti ho tho tum se baath karna kitna aasan ho jatha hai".. that is the baath he always wanted to do.. thats what he always wanted to ask.. Indi, this is THE most beautiful connection...👏 that sounded exactly like my asr!

The mentioning of the first glimpse of that rajkumar up in the sky.. gave goosebumps to this shallow soul...but that time perhaps  he himself wasn't aware of the rajkumar residing inside him...great treasures hiding inside need great excavations.. some crumbling.. some dismantling.. a few breaks.. alas those of hearts here.. and this beauty indeed did all that digging..

but, he did wear his heart on his sleeve most of the times.. may be not as obvious.. but for those willing to see its very much there... that frame of he carrying her out of that crumbling building.. I can watch it endlessly... he looked a man enlightened.. a man who attained nirvana.. a man transformed..  by love.. for love.. in love!

The beast seemed to have taken a back seat ever since only to reappear during Diwali Farq padtha hai and that came back later to that "characterless" talk on the bridge. He wasn't necessarily a beast during their marriage...his desperation .. his longing written all over his face.. again for those willing to see...this is drama and there is a need to prolong.. but it should have been quite obvious as to  why he was mad as opposed to her brushing off of the reason for his "chot" .

"also about love meaning you gotta love the beast not just the prince.."

Life wasn't easy for her with this beast.. ..Not sure if Khushi  loved the beast inside of him...she didn't really seem to have loved him as he is.. unlike Lavanya.. but Khushi is a believer who believes in general good things of life than bad.. so she believed in that rajkumar than in the beast.. she hoped/believed  in the ultimate triumph of that prince over the beast.. and she wasn't wrong!

But what these two have gone through.. altho painful..it laid a firm foundation to their relationship.. as every relationship will go through these obstacles.. if not now the  certainly later.. like Akash and Payal..when the same thing poured bitterness in their married life..

I am not at all lucid here but for my urge to mention the both sides of him.. .. as this is THE gist of this love story...the seemingly unreachable beauty inside of him.. may be of every one.. as no one is pure black and white..

I loved it is an understatement.. so will only thank you for bringing this topic  onto the table!!

EDIT: btw, if you are talking about real life, give me ASR.. anyday.. I will love him jus the way he is.. with all his beauty and the beast intact...

Horizon can't get enough of this discussion. You spoke about the first glimpse of rajkumar in sky .. the guesthouse scene.. 😭 Miss it so much..

And the lines about Lavanya liking ASR just the way he was is really thought provoking.. 👍🏼very very interesting ..
viv04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@indi, horizon

I enjoyed every bit of beauty/beast and raajkumar/shaitan talk. Beautiful insights there. La's case is ironical as she loved him the way he was, but was not accepted.
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

viv,

you are absolutely right that a hard kiss that time would have promptly brought her back to senses.. but then he thought she loved someone else.. there was no desire from him even when he thought she was engaged to some one else.. explains the dearth of sexual tension post their marriage.. but she needed that just as a medication that time perhaps..

Faiqa,

This post of yours has been on my mind all of last week. Just couldn't come here to scribble. Here are my 2 cents,

First  a huge round of applause for applying some logic into the one of the most irrational tracks. truly great symbolism for the soap,  Next time I watch this track, I should have your write up as  a running script to keep my sanity intact.

Now, Khushi's 101 ways to irritate only made sense as her own style of taking revenge on him than setting him right. Becos ASR never really seemed he needed a personality overhaul. If Khushi never came into his life he wouldn't have ended up as a social menace but only would have contributed a cent or two to country's GDP. And he is the most genuine when it comes to all but of course Khushi is a different ball game altogether.

Inspite of all those aukat talks, he seemed to have offered financial help when these so called middle class are in need, be it Khushi's medical bills or driver Mohan's. And he never really disrespected Khushi's own sis Payal or even her family. Even on the day of Diwali, at the moment of  "koi matlab nahi" when he came inside  her house, he was most respectful to her family and their needs. Many things directly pointed to the fact that he had a "problem" with Khushi but not to all belonging to similar social strata as her.

OK you understood differently as I didn't say he has problems with ppl but he does have issues with standard of living to come down that low as he can't adjust with those easily and I don't blame him .He is rich and it is easy going from lower to higher but not easy coming from higher to lower and that is his issue .He was complaining...Ghaitiya jgha paeh and then he realized what he said to her may be it was out of anger but he did have  the problems of mosquitoes, food, heat and all but he didn't complain and Buaji did say at the end  ,despite all you didn't say anything and his answer , I adored...in front of your love it was nothing...It was important to make him peel off the skin of misunderstanding that ppl of this status are after money like he always say this to Khushi.Yes his war is with Khushi but he is also have a war within too.

He fixing AC at GH looked more of a way of making him comfy there.. like he has a right on his home he would do what ever makes his ambience work for him.. that only showed his belongingness/haq that he felt/exercised in her house every time he walked  in. ...than his intent to insult Gupta parivar. 

OK here, yes he was doing out of his haq but his way was wrong because it did make Buaji and Amma feel bad and it was kind a intimidated to make em feel bad that they can't afford AC while they did order new cooler when old one was not working,.See the picture out of LOVE of ASR and out of being in his shoes and if you see from others eyes , that is not polite either.They did feel this and Khushi mentioned it"aap pehle hi jaata chuke hai...and he fixes this after ordering that food and telling them main khata bhi tou bohat hoon ...

Public bath, I am yet to watch it, but in a country where the definition of middle class changed leaps and bounds in the last 1/2 decades, public bath is not common any more not even in rural areas. Its not a question of if Khushi's neighborhood mocked him or not, but what khushi felt about it..that she is ok with public parading of her husband. What about getting that water inside the house and bathing?

That is pure Khushi , I know we all have an issue with the development of her character but if you go back , she did have the same kind of spontaneous actions which we are not considering here...Her niboo scene where she is mixing in his drinks...way out of orportion and out of thinking...go back..she in his car while going to Nainital, she screaming and acting to make him stop from going at Dhabba ...this is another action of her miracles what she does.Se through her character of silly side one not the mature one...yes she is having 101 action at her table but again this is Khushi we are talking about who takes him wash Haldi with Happiji garage pipe or handpump later too.

And that mechanic part... It all only and only came across her own way of punishing him, if he can coerce her into a wedding she can bring him to her house and subject him to all sorts torture.. Khushi's anger and her urge to punish this man are more than justified. .. and that entire GH track was a big tit for tat from her... ofcourse she is as imperfect as him.. and this love story is all about how to imperfect souls can still strike a perfect chord in unison!

OK the mechanic tact comes to teach him lesson for what he said to make her understand that she can't do everything alone but she is adamant to keep her grounds no matter what.Yes He deserves some peace of her too.He is not angel from my side no offense to all of you lovers.😆

Previous
1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 110
Next