Arshi OS: Mortal Coil (Pms later)

Carabelli5 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

wrote this 5am last night as i was unable to sleep,  thanks to all the coffee i had. But now that i wrote this might as well share it. Read at your own risk !!!!!

Mortal Coil

Inspired by the song Mortal Coil-Song to Siren

She got of her bed and dragged her feet towards the table lying in the corner of the room. She was trying to be strong; trying to be his strength, trying to be his shore in the storm that wrapped their life.

On the floating, shipless, oceans
I did all my best to smile

Till your singing eyes and fingers
drew me loving into your eyes.

"Mrs. Raizada unfortunately due to the nature of Leukemia we are not able to diagnose a patient based on the normal cancer stages. However, based on your blood count we sadly have to tell you that you have stopped responding to treatment. " the doctor's word echoed in her mind

She flipped opened the laptop lying on the table as her fragile figure dropped into the chair next to it. She clicked open the internet browser and the homepage screen flashed as she tried to adjust the brightness to minimum.

She brought her pail white fingers on the key board to type

"Leukemia survival rate"
as she flashed back into some thoughts

"Khushi and I are getting married everyone!" Arnav announced to his family on the grand party that was thrown for his 28th birthday. He knelt down on his knees as he pulled out a three stone diamond ring and spoke with his eyes and pulled out her hand to place the ring'.

And you sang "Sail to me, sail to me,
Let me enfold you."
Here I am, here I am
waiting to hold you.

A lone tear rolled down her cheek as the words began to jumble before her eyes.  She turned to look at the admirable man sleeping on the bed breathing heavily, as if he was lost in REM, some deep thoughts in sleep, some forsaken dreams.

Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you here when I was full sail?
Now my foolish boat is leaning,
broken lovelorn on your rocks.

She rose from her chair and walked over to the bed. She knelt to place a gentle kiss on his forehead and pulled the comforter over his shoulder. Sleep evaded her eyes a she once again stood by the window.  She looked at the moon encumbered by the beds of dark clouds making the night fall like a black cloak. Her stars were not in sight, the ones that gave her strength the ones that forced her to go on. "I don't want to die" she whispered at the sky filling the pregnant silence.

For you sang "Touch me not, touch me not,
and Come back tomorrow."
Oh my heart, oh my heart shies from the sorrow.

It had only been a month since their wedding. She was not ready for this, she wanted to live, to love, to grow old with him. She wanted to go on. She was never afraid of death but she was afraid of not being with him. She was afraid of abandoning him at the hands of the same abyss that she struggled to pull him out of.

I'm as puzzled as a newborn child.
I'm as riddled as the tide.
Should I stand amid the breakers?
Or shall I lie with death my bride?

Arnav stretched ran his hand across the bed towards her side to find it empty. His eyes shot open and he spotted her next to the window. He walked up slowly behind her.

Two hands snaked around her waist as he gently planted a kiss on her bare shoulder pulling over the shawl that hung on her arms.  She turned around to look into his chocolate eyes. She drank in his scent as he buried deeper into her hair pulling her closer into his chest. Sheltering her from her reality, of her pain, her torments. He pulled her away gently and brought her to his face, to the point where his nose gently touched hers and he looked into her eyes yet again'.

Hear me sing'

"Swim to me, swim to me,
Let me enfold you."
Here I am, Here I am, waiting to hold you."

If you have made it to down here dont forget to throw your chappals, or tamatars at me as i will use them to make me some breakfast.

Love

Belli

Shout Out to all the Lovely Bones obsess out there <3

PMs later

Edited by Carabelli5 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

881876 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice work...i loved it...was kinda sad but not tragic
ajoop thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
at the end.did she die,i did not get it😕
lightening thumbnail
I think your a wonderful writer. Your style of peeling the story gently and yet with so many emotions.. its incredible! I would love to get pms for ur further works :) :)  I have read another OS by you which i had not managed to comment on.. so doing the deed on this one! :) 

Great work!! 
-ElmoFuj- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This so beautiffuuul yet so emotional! 😔
though it makes me curious to whether she survived or not. *sigh*, i love how you write Belli! 

You're too good <3
Carabelli5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ajoop

at the end.did she die,i did not get it😕

Oh dear that is the question...isnt it? 😳
In reality if u go by statistics the answer is no but if you want to dream then lets say she got herself a miracle.
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
lovely piece if a bit emotional and sad
keep it up
-zozo- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
WHHHAAAOOO
ILL EDIT LATER!!
--Amy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
it was emotional but beautifully written...
Did she survived?
..Shweta.. thumbnail
Did i get a pm for this? I had to stalk your scrap to manal to find this. Disappointed young lady.