Kituu... Sabb Jaantii Hai

Concept/Characters/Articles~~No Comments - Page 4

Jaslove thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
all the way

Dev Kantawala
Dev Kantawala

At the age of 10 years, Dev Kantawala has already acted in five serials and more than 150 advertisements. Now a days, he can be seen as Kittu's best friend, Chikoo, in SaharaOne's 'Kittu Sab Janti Hai'. Dev Kantawala began his career in 2000 at the age of five. He started with print ads of Calcium Sandoz, Cipla, Ruff kids, Pepsodent, Franklin, Templeton Investments. He has also done ads for Complan, Bournvita, L.G. refrigerator, Cadbury cookies, Parle poppins, Nestle fruit milk, Sandrop oil, Aviva Life Insurance, Dabur Honey just to name a few. Dev Kantawala latest ads on air are Parle-G, Ujalla washing power, Kohinoor basmati Rice and Bedekar milk masala. Besides this, Dev has also done ads for overseas companies like Dabur Hajmola ads for Pakistan, May fair creams for Pakistan, Shanna frozen rotis, Elephant Atta for UK and Gulf Investments for UAE. Dev Kantawala is among the many upcoming TV stars on the small screen. He has acted in serials 'Uff Yeh Bahooranian', 'Kehna Hai Kuchh Mujhko', 'Paowan' and 'Kabhi Aaye Na Judai'. His biggest achievement to date has been the nomination for ITAA Awards 2005 as a best child actor for the serial 'Paowan' already on air on Hungama TV. He also has made some forays into the world of cinema. He played the character of Shabbo's brother 'Munir' in Yash Raj Films 'Veer-Zaara'. He is awaiting the release of 'Bhoot Uncle' with Jackie Shroff and a comical adventure film for kids by Wam Motion Pictures. He also stars in a English movie with top Hollywood and Bollywood actors. Dev Kantawala has a personal trainer who keeps him physically fit. He has learnt horse riding and swimming. Cricket is Dev's passion. He loves to play his Casio synthesizer. "I would have achieved nothing without my parents, teachers and my fans", says Dev Kantawala. "I have acting in my genes coming from my father Vivek Kantawala who is also an actor, a stage artist associated with "Yaatri" group and a serial artist —the infamous 'Jimmybhai' character of 'Kyonki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'," Dev adds.

One thing Dev Kantawala has realized is that it is important to have one's own style. "You should never imitate anybody. If I am doing well today it is because I have my own distinct style," says Dev.

Edited by Jaslove - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaslove thumbnail

Television Actress

Sonal Pendse

I started with art and music. Later I was offered for a serial called 'Kyun Hota Hai Pyar'...
</>

How did you enter television world?
I started with art and music. Later I was offered for a serial called 'Kyun Hota Hai Pyar'. I never planned anything but it always happened unexpectedly.

What are your current projects on television?
At present, I have only 'Kittu Sab Janti Hai'. But there are some other serials that are coming up and they are yet to be signed.

Tell us something about your character in the serial 'Kittu Sab Janti Hai' telecast on Sahara One.
I am playing the role of a girl who is working for a news channel. It is a negative lead role. I like one guy but he is chasing someone else. I try all the tricks in the book to separate them. I keep badmouthing that girl just to get the guy onto my side.

What do you do in your leisure time?
I have bought one puppy which is only a month old. I spend a lot of my leisure time with the puppy. It's called Candy. I also spend my time with my mother and friends.

According to you, what has been your best performance till date?
My performance in 'Rihayee' on Zee TV was the best. It was a totally different role. It was a role of a 'sabhya Bharatiya nari' kind. I had not done a similar role until then.

What are your future plans?
I have never planned anything in life. As I said, everything in my life has been sudden. But I am ready to take up offers that are impressive

Jaslove thumbnail

Sonal refuses to wear swimsuit
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 4, 2006

Sonal Pendse with a co-actor in the Saat Phere sequence shot in Goa
Even though the script required her to wear a swimsuit, Sonal Pendse, who played Neelima in Zee's Saat Phere, chose to go the other way.

The actress put her foot down when she realised the outfit given to her was not of the correct size.

Not fit to wear

"Yes, they wanted me to wear a swimsuit, but there was no way I would do that. The reason was simple — it wouldn't fit me. I didn't want to look ridiculous wearing something I didn't feel comfortable in."

Did she not want to wear a swimsuit at all? "Had I got clothes my size, I wouldn't have had issues, but how did they expect me to fit into something I hadn't even tried previously?"

Negative roles

Previously seem in Kyun Hota Hai Pyaar, Sonal currently plays the negative lead as Nandini, in Kittu Sab Jaanti Hai. The actress appeared in Saat Phere in a cameo for a couple of episodes.

"I was seen in the role of Neelima, who goes to Goa to make life miserable for Saloni (Rajshri Thakur) and Nahar (Sharad Kelkar). It was a negative role, but I didn't want to continue with the show," she explains.

Pendse is happy doing Kittu, and has got a positive response for her look as a vamp. "I am having a great time with the show. My look isn't like that of a conventional negative heroine, so it's fun."

Sonal's taking her time to choose new roles. "At the moment, I am not looking at anything in particular, but am open to roles that sound interesting

Jaslove thumbnail
Shital New Character in Kituu soon

Shital Thakkar

Shital Thakkar (Poornima of Ye Meri Life Hain, Tarana of Kareena Kareena) had been missing from the telly lately.

"My last show, Kareena Kareena, ended suddenly," she says. Prior to that, she was seen in Ye Meri Life Hain, from which she had to make an exit as her track was suddenly recalled while she was holidaying in Europe. After a bit of modelling, Shital is now back on the soap circuit with Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai.

Looking for support

This SaharaOne daily has her playing the mentally unstable character of Kajal, the younger sister of Sanwari (Shubhaavi), who is Kituu's (Ami Trivedi) bhabhi. "Kajal is a psychotic character. She's a bit crazy; a troubled person," explains Thakkar, who has started shooting for the drama.

Adds producer Manish Goswami, "Kajal enters the household after she has been dumped by her husband. Though there is this deep-rooted hatred for her sister, Sanwari, she turns to her for support as she is roofless.

Kituu is a bit wary of her, though Kajal manages to make her presence felt in the household. She is friendly and warm to all; at the same time she starts problems in the house."

Balanced sketch

Thakkar, who makes an entry in Kituu next week, says, "I had worked with Manish Goswami earlier, in Aashirwad. So when I received a call from him for Kituu, I knew there would be something substantial for me. Nowadays on the small screen, you either play out-and-out negative characters, or sugary- sweet roles. This one has shades of both —something which is not too visible nowadays."

Thakkar, who made her acting debut in her student days in Swabhimaan, was later seen in Parivartan, Aurat and as Preeti in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. "I prefer to do shows which I am comfortable with, and characters which I am really happy to play. There is no point doing just any show just for the sake of it," says.

Jaslove thumbnail

Shital ki social Kahaani
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   August 26, 2005

Nuts About Coconuts:
Getting naughty with a knife
Name:
Shital Thakkar.

Claim to fame: Born and raised in the city, this classical Bharatnatyam dancer chose to put her histrionic skills to use to make it big on television. After donning endearing cameo roles in television series like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Ye Meri Life Hai she is presently working with Aakanksha, a NGO for underprivileged children.

MISS BEANS: Shital gets
comfy at home
Favourite haunts:
Carter Road.

Favourite drinks: Lemon tea.

Favourite street-food: Dabeli roti and sukha bhel.

Favourite restaurant: China Gate and Zodiac Grill.

Favourite salon: Nalini and Yasmin.

Favourite clothes store: Si Branch.

MUJHKO BHI LIFT KARA DE: Aiming for the sky
Favourite shoe store:
Sole 2 Sole.

Favourite celebrities: Amitabh Bachchan and Julia Roberts.

Favourite destinations: Monte Carlo and South of Belgium.

Treasured body feature: My brains.

I pamper myself…
By gorging on mom's sabudana khichdi and buying diamonds for myself.

Things I like about the city:
— It embraces the outsiders.
— Safe city for women.

WALKING ON THE EDGE: She gets her balancing act right
Things I hate about the city:

— Corruption.
— Traffic.

I love Mumbai because…
It lets you be yourself.

Jaslove thumbnail

Heart Talk

Shital Thakkar has serials like Swabhimaan , Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki , Yeh Meri Life Hai in her kitty. Shital believes that lasting relationships do not happen by reading tips on relationships. Relationships have to be nurtured and handled with care.

Love without romance is bad!

Love is the essence of any relationship. It is the most important factor when any two individuals live together. If love and romance fade away in a relationship, then it will die. Only love and no romance is bad. One cannot follow points put down on paper for a long lasting relationship. It's important that the partners connect, understand each other and sacrifice for each other.

Lust is a very important part of the human system because lust comes from within; it's a natural process. It's not that without lust a relationship will not survive, but sometimes love is not enough. You need to keep lust alive in a relationship.

Relationship is made up of many things. When you cook you need to put in all the ingredients. Similarly, in a relationship you need to have all the above ingredients. Small gestures like buying a gift, a surprise dinner date shows that you are passionate about your partner, you care and are romantic. Most important is spending quality time with each other.

I am a peaceful person. In fact everyone should be. Only if you think quietly you can find a solution for a problem. Whenever such a situation arises you need to talk it out. Conversation is the best solution to any problem. But yes, if an argument results in raising the hand then that's the end of a relationship. This is not love but disrespect.

Jealousy happens only in the first few years of a relationship when you are a little possessive about your partner. However, even after knowing each other for years if you still feel jealous then there is something wrong. It's a matter of concern and you need to sort it out. That means you are over possessive and extremely insecure.

Jaslove thumbnail

TV track based on SA model's rape

Preiti Gupta
Even as Bollywood director Vikram Bhatt is gearing up to start work on his next movie, based on the recent alleged rape of a female South African model of Indian origin, the TV serial, Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai (SaharaOne), is currently showing a loosely inspired version of the crime.

Preiti Gupta, who made waves with her Gimme red battery commercial with Amitabh Bachchan, has been cast as the NRI tourist.

Gupta was last seen in a cameo in the SRK home production, Paheli where Shah Rukh (not the ghost) is shown flirting with her, imagining her to be his wife (Rani Mukerji).

Hard-hitting portrayal

What made the dim-witted whimsical Anita of Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai accept the controversial rape-victim character? Says Preiti, "It's a riveting role of a UK-based girl, Rina, who is visiting India and gets abducted. Considering that it's a TV show, obviously, the actual rape won't be shown.

But it is done suggestively and there are rapid montages of the three rapists manhandling my character after drugging her. The cops refuse to register a complaint because one of the guys has political clout and tries to hush up the case."

"It was a challenge for me to get into the post-abuse shock mode and portray the trauma of a rape victim. It was mentally exhausting too as we shot for it over five days.

Since it reminded one of the recent real-life incident, I could empathise with the model and what she must gone through. At the end of the shoot, I actually broke down," says the actress, who then has crusader journalist Kituu taking up her cause and exposing the nightmarish crime.

Anchor stop

Besides modelling and acting, Preity is also hosting a show called Commercial Break, on the Janmat channel. "It's a dynamic assignment, where I have to interview the gurus of advertising, including CEOs and creative heads of ad agencies; they share tricks of the trade and discuss various ad campaigns. I am enjoying it," gushes Gupta, who has also been finalised by Ekta Kapoor to play one of the lead roles in her upcoming serial, Krimson Skies.

Jaslove thumbnail

Naresh Suri's screen dilemma

Naresh Suri
Character actor Naresh Suri who plays the father's role in Sinndoor on Zee and Kittuu in SaharaOne faces a strange screen dilemma — in both these shows his wives are ailing. In Sinndoor, as Dhruv and Antariksh's dad, Virendra Raizada, his wife Kavita (Kiran Juneja) is in a coma.

And as Kittuu's papa, Kewal Purohit, his wife Sudha (Shama Deshpande) has had a paralytic stroke. So he now has to singlehandedly take on the kids and their problems.

Suri will also to be seen in Kundan Shah's serial on Doordarshan based on noted litterateur Harishankar Parsai's works. " I am back working with Kundan Shah after Circus which was a decade ago," says Suri who is seen in both Bollywood as well as on television.

Jaslove thumbnail

Daler's bro to sing for Kittu

SaharaOne has also associated with Tips to promote its new music release Something Something sung by Daler Mehndi's younger brother Mica.

The songs will be played in the two special marriage episodes of the soap Kittu Sab Janti Hai airing on 28 February and 4 March. "This is a cashless deal between Sahara and Tips where both parties benefit in terms of publicity," states a channel executive.

Jaslove thumbnail

Anang Sha Bishwas-Shelly
Friday, March 03, 2006 10:40:44 IST
Actress
</>

How did you enter the television world?
I won Zee Cine Stars ki khoj in my hometown Kolkata. Then in November 2004, I came to Mumbai. I started my career with Ram Gopal Verma's 'Mr. ya Mrs.' in which I played Aftab's girlfriend. My first serial was Kingston on Star One.

What are your current projects on television?
Kittu Sab Janti Hai on Sony TV and some ads are on air (SBI Mutual Fund and Power space inverter).

How much do you relate to the character Kittu Sab Janti Hai showing on Sony TV?
The character doesn't resemble my character in personal life. I am playing the character called Shelley who is beautiful does not have brains to think sensibly. She likes to look like a modern girl. Whereas, I am an outgoing person but I don't like parting late night. If I would stay awake late night it would only be for my career. I like dancing but in discos we don't get space to dance so it's a waste to go to a disco.

Did you always desire to be an actor?
Yes, I always wanted to be an actor but I was not very confident that I would be able to convince my parents as I am from an upper middle class family. People usually are not in favour of their children taking up acting as a career.

What are your hobbies?
I am a classical singer and Kathak dancer.

Happiest moment you have experienced?
It has yet to arrive. But my happiest moment would be when I receive the Filmfare Award.

Future plans?
I am looking out for movies but want to learn more and become perfect only then step into the film industry. Serials are a stepping stone. I am open to Bengali movies in regional film industry