Rachna:My mother is my role model *Article*

muskaan. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

STAR Plus newly launched show Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha is a story of a middle-class girl, who fights against all odds to get to the top.

This is her second show, after she made her debut in STAR One's Hum Dono Hai Alag Alag. In this show, Rachna, the main protagonist, is a badminton player, who battles all odds to get to the top. We caught up with Rachna to know more about her character and the show.

Tell us something about your character
I am confident, bubbly and well-read, much like what I am in real life. The only difference is I'm not a sportsperson. For Rachna, however, sports is a passion.

What is the show about?
The show is about a girl who wants to be a professional badminton player, but her life takes a u-turn. The show is about her struggle to lead a normal life. She fights for her justice. It's about truth versus power.

What do you think of the cases of sexual harassment on women that you see in real life?
It's an evil that has been deep-rooted in our society. We need to drive it out from the grassroots before we remove it from the cities because it will work properly only in that order. I want to tell women to fight against harassment of any sort and not stay quiet

You're a part of a show that is making its debut at the same time people have embraced Pratigya on television. Do you feel hreatened?
I feel it is a blessing in disguise because Pratigya deals with woman empowerment and eve-teasing which is again a social evil. Our show also send out a similar message, so those who have loved Pratigya will love Kaali as well.

Who is Rachana's idol?
My mother, who has taught me to be independent.

We are hoping audiences would love Kaali as they have loved Pratigya so dont forget to watch this show every Monday to Friday at 11 pm only on STAR Plus.

Edited by muskaan. - 13 years ago