Sabki Ladli Bebo

Laadli Articles Corner:No Comments

sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Sabki Laadli Bebo.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television. Don't post articles from these two above sites on IF.

Please provide link to the article/source.

Don't post any comments out here. They will be deleted by Dev Team.

Regards,

IF Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Laadli to take 10 pm time slot on Star Plus..
The new Endemol show is all set to come on air from March 16th at the 10 PM slot, and this raises a question mark on the future of Tuj Sang which presently occupies the same slot..
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
STAR Plus to launch Sabki Laadli Bebo

Media News
New Delhi, March 10, 2009

Birth of a girl child has always been an occasion to celebrate on STAR Plus, and now the celebrations get bigger and joyful with the launch of the new show - Sabki Laadli Bebo, the story of a simple family who has always yearned for a baby girl after having three sons. The family is eventually blessed with 'Bebo', who becomes 'sabki ladli' in no time, and leads the life of a dearly loved princess till certain harsh realities compel her to face adversity. Sabki Ladli Bebo, co-produced by Endemol and Sachidanand Productions, shows how for the Narangs, the world revolves around the 'ladli' daughter.

Bebo, the daughter of Lahori Raj Narang and Amarjeet Narang, brings a bundle of joy and happiness to their lives, and fulfills a life-long desire for a daughter. 'Sabki Laadli Bebo' is a show where the family cannot stop showering their love for the ladli Bebo, creating a whole new world which only revolves around a girl child. A positive happy show which explores various facets of human relationships and emotions when the family finds itself caught in a sudden twist of fate.

Commenting on the launch Keertan Adhyanthaya, EVP & GM – STAR Plus, said, "Sabki Laadli Bebo is our Holi offering to the viewers of STAR Plus, and a show that will get our viewers hooked to watch the joy of Narangs on the birth of a girl child and follow the twists in the tale. This is also the beginning of a series of four new shows on STAR Plus, each with a distinct and engrossing concept and treatment. We are confident that Sabki Ladli Bebo will capture the imagination of people and provide a positive, realistic story that is sure to enthrall and entertain.

Anjana Sood and Vicky Chandra, Sachidanand Productions, said, "Laadli portrays the story of a girl Bebo – a lucky charm of the family born with a silver spoon in her mouth, adorable and much adored, unaware, unheard and unexposed to the miseries, hardship and sorrows of life. However, since life is not a bed of roses, she comes to understand the depth of human bonding and interpersonal relationship as her journey through life unfolds and brings her face to face with the highs and lows and twist and turns of the realties of life."

On the eve of the launch of Sabki Ladli Bebo, Deepak Dhar, Country Head, Endemol India, commented, "Ladli is another step in Endemol's continued efforts to expand the fiction programming platform. At Endemol, our aim is to create differentiated programming concepts that are clutter breaking. Ladli celebrates a family's love for the young daughter of the house and we have used new faces and authentic locales to ensure that the originality of the story is maintained."

Join STAR Plus and the Narangs in their celebration of the girl child on the occasion of Holi, March 11, 2009 at 10.00 p.m. and be a part of the family at the same time every Monday to Friday.

http://www.afaqs.com/perl/media/media_newslets/index.html?id=40104

STAR Plus dabbles in new genre with a comedy and thriller
Sangeeta Tanwar | afaqs! | New Delhi, March 12, 2009

STAR Plus has wooed the audience with saas-bahu sagas, love stories and a strong dose of reality for quite some time. With two fresh shows, Bure Bhi Hum Bhale Bhi Hum and Chehra, the general entertainment channel (GEC) is set to experiment with genres such as comedy and horror.

Bure Bhi Hum Bhale Bhi Hum is a family comedy by JD Majethia. The serial is a bittersweet tale of two brothers and their families living under the same roof. Chehra is a thriller, with family drama acting as the backbone of the story.

Advertisement
Viewers will also get to see a period drama full of romance, action and adventure in Shaurya aur Suhaani (a Beyond Dreams production). Another soap, Sabki Laadli – Bebo (Spheres Origins production) is about a family which craves for a girl child.

Anupama Mandloi, senior creative director, STAR Plus, says, "Within the fiction bouquet, the intent is to introduce a variety of genres appealing to a larger cross section of viewers while retaining the core female viewers. We will now have a thriller, action-adventure and a slice-of-life, light hearted show."

The first show to go on air will be Sabki Laadli – Bebo. Debuting on March 11, the show will be aired at 10 pm. Both Bure Bhi Hum Bhale Bhi Hum and Chehra will be rolled out on March 16. The former will be telecast in the 7:30 pm slot, whereas Chehra will be aired at 10:30 pm. Shaurya aur Suhaani will go on air on March 21 and will be telecast at 8 pm.

The channel is exploring new genres and media observers say that this will work in its favour. Gowthaman Ragothaman, leader, Mindshare South Asia, says, "The new fare promises to be different. At the outset, it looks like the channel is moving in the right direction with a good mix of shows. Even if the new shows manage a TVR of 2 or more, the channel stands to benefit because except one or two top performing shows, new launches by and large struggle to deliver TVRs above 2."

STAR Plus has not only shown eagerness to experiment and innovate by dabbling in new genres but is also apparently going by the revelation that if the content is sticky, it can generate viewership in unconventional slots. Its show, Aap Ki Kachehri, is drawing good viewership even on the unconventional time slot of 10:30 pm. Perhaps this insight has guided the channel to introduce a comedy show in the 7:30 pm slot. It will compete with shows such as Bandhan Saat Janmo Ka on Colors and Chhoti Bahu on Zee TV in this time slot.

Chehra will replace the popular show Aap Ki Kachehri. Till some time ago, the 10:30 pm slot was considered to be a crucial one as Balaji Telefilm's popular serial, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, commanded a huge viewership in this slot. Airing convoluted family dramas in this slot to stretch primetime viewing by the women audience was a common strategy for most of the GECs.

Ragothaman explains, "Today, the fragmented audience no longer exhibits any major genre preference. The concept of pulling in a family with a regular soap at prime time is no longer true. Viewers always watch programmes rather than channels. If the content is good, it will work irrespective of the genre it belongs to."

A senior media observer points out that going by the number of new launches, having a girl child as a protagonist may prove too much for the audience. The subject will ensure sampling across channels but in the end, it will all boil down to freshness and engagement level to differentiate the winners from the losers.

http://www.afaqs.com/perl/media/story.html?sid=23547
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Laadli lead Shivshakti is just 16!

While most teenagers her age are getting ready to start college, new kid on the block Shivshakti is ready to jump straight into a career in acting after she finishes her standard 10 exams.

THE 16-year-old actress is debuting on television with Sabki Laadli Bebo. Her entry will take place after a few episodes, while she is busy studying for her tenth board exams. In this interview, Shivshakti, who has done cameos in Uttaran (Lali) and in Balika Vadhu (Champa), talks about her background, coping with a job at such a young age as well as competition in the television industry.
Tell us about yourself.
I am 16 and just like my character on the show, am a very pampered girl. I have two sisters and am the middle child. I'm originally from Delhi. I was studying in Cambridge school and came to Mumbai three years ago. I was always interested in acting.

What is Laadli about?
The story of the show is somewhat similar to my life. Even in my dad's family, my sister was born after 19 years. I did not have to prepare for this role. We have got a nice time slot too. But we have to work hard so that people like the serial and it gets good TRPs.

How did manage to bag the role?
I gave an audition for the role. The story was good and it was going to air on a big channel. I also got my part in Uttaran via audition. I liked that role a lot, it was the first time I played a negative character. My role in Laadli too is quite different and it is the first time I am playing a lead role. However, there is nothing negative in the show.

What is it like working alongside senior actor Kanwaljeet Singh on Laadli?
It is a very good experience. I get to learn new things every day. We enjoy shooting with each other, we do lots of masti while shooting so it does not feel like real work. I believe that you cannot learn acting by just taking tips from someone. Every day is a learning experience.

Do you miss your teenage life?
No, I do not miss it as my life on the sets is similar to my life at home. There too, I get pampered a lot. Whenever I asked for anything, they give it to me immediately. I do not feel that I am losing out on a normal life. My parents support me, my mother makes sure that either she or my dad comes to the sets everyday.

Do you feel the competition within the industry?
All the serials are different, whether it is Balika or Uttaran. And it all depends on what the audience likes, what is most able to attract them. I am not nervous at all about competition.

How do you manage your education and shooting?
I have not been shooting regularly now. My production house is quite cooperative and they allow me to take holidays before my exams. Moreover, I have studied the whole year so I do not have to study that hard at the last moment. Education is quite important in life. I feel that it is important to be a graduate. If you want to complete it then you have to balance between work and study.

Does your celebrity status garner you special attention from your teachers and friends?
They treat me like any other child .They know that I act in shows and keep asking me how the television field works. My teachers pamper me a little. Normally, I shoot after school but if I miss my lecture they take a separate class for me.

Lastly, how did you get your unique name Shivshakti ?
It was given to me by my Guruji. Both I and my mother are very religious.

Sabki Laadli Bebo started airing this week on Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 10pm.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090318_91

sabloknitin thumbnail
hello all the team members of ladli serial iam nitinsablok from meerutcantt and this serial is amazing and wounderfull  iam a student of hotel management and catering technology and iam in a second year and next year iahave completed myine course  and then iwant to work allong with you all and iawnt tp meet you and my number is 09410887527, and address is c5/1 lekhanager meerutcantt  iam waitinga reply
sablok thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
hello all iam nitin sablok fromn meerutcantt and iam available all the time and my email id is [email protected] and my contact number is 919410887527 and my home address is c5/1 lekha nager meerutcantt 
danharryiel thumbnail
                                                                                                                             The truth about Bebo's identity is out in the open now, and the entire family is shocked.. Read the next twist in the tale here..

niveditha thumbnail

Amrit to fall for Bebo..

The truth about Bebo's identity is out in the open now, and the entire family is shocked.. Read the next twist in the ...

niveditha thumbnail

Bebo turns Sixteen..

The cute little girl, Shiv Shakti aka Bebo celebrates her birthday today, and here is Telly Buzz giving you an insight ...

niveditha thumbnail
Happy Birthday Bebo!

Jolly and bubbly Bebo of Sabki Laadli Bebo (Star Plus) turns sweet 16 on Thursday. Bebo's real name is Shivshakti and she was very excited to be 16, but a little saddened by the fact that she must shoot on her birthday.

"I'll be shooting till two in the afternoon and then I'll be spending the rest of the day with my family like every year," said Shivshakti. But there would be fun at work too. "On the sets, we'll be celebrating on Saturday or Sunday as everyone will be there," says the birthday girl.
Though she is a cusp between Taurus and Gemini, Shivshakti thinks she has more Gemini qualities. "I am a chatterbox and can mingle with anyone. But at the same time, I don't trust easily. I am not at all short-tempered, I don't get angry that easily and even if I do I get back to normal in no time," she said.

As her name might suggest, Shivshakti is very religious and has firm belief in Sai Baba. Whenever she gets an opportunity, she goes to Shirdi for darshan. "I go every month to Shirdi with my family. The last time I prayed for a lead role in a major show. When my wish got fulfilled, I went to Shirdi again to thank Sai Baba."

The actress will head to the temple on Thursday. "Early in the morning tomorrow, I'll go to Sai Baba mandir as I do every year on my birthday."
Shivshakti is not expecting any gifts but is sure she will be surprised by the number she gets. "I never demand anything but I am always flooded with so many gifts every year. This year too I am very sure that my on-screen brothers are planning to surprise me although I am clueless as to how. Especially Anuj who plays Amrit has been asking for my address as he says he wants to send me a courier, so let's see…"

So far, Shivshakti's most memorable birthday has been her 10th. "I got many gifts from my parents which we three sisters divided amongst ourselves. My parents threw a very big party for me that was very memorable."

We wish Bebo a very happy 16th.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/May/News_20090521_84

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, May 21, 2009