it is very interesting...

u converted it into Maaneet story...

I have send buddy request ...

please pm me whenever u update...
mhappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

WAITING WAITNG N ONLY WAITING

WHEN IT WILL BE READING TIME AGAIN FOR US????????????????????????????

AnonymousMG thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
updating
Edited by AnonymousMG - 10 years ago
AnonymousMG thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

CHAPTER 10

Maan?  Geet called out to Maan for the nth time while moving through the penthouse. Her stride stopped this time when she found him sitting in a lounge chair, surprisingly, in the BALCONY.

Maan! She tapped his shoulder gently bringing him out of the reverie he was lost in. Facing him, she asked You never come out here! Amusement clearly visible in her eyes.

Well, I'm only halfway out. Maan offered as an explanation trying hard to look nonchalant. He was just sitting at the entrance of the door which opened in the balcony, at a very comfortable distance from the railings whose obnoxious sense of height made him sick in his stomach every time. He was dead scared of heights and even in his indulged thinking mode, he was careful enough to keep a distance from the sensation of heights.

Geet nodded gently at his explanation and moved towards the farther end of balcony appreciating the view the thirty-two story high building provided. Los Angeles looked beautiful even at mid night. You didn't say much in the car on the way home. You thinkin' about dinner? She spoke while moving completely overlooking the fact that she just called this hotel room HOME. As the wariness in his eyes confirmed the fact she continued It was a maniac! I mean, the business was good, I think... You know? He's in trouble. You want his company. He doesn't want to let it go. Geet beamed considering the fact that she understood high end business.

Thanks for the recap. Maan huffed coldly making a face.

The problem is... I think you liked Mr. Raichand. She spoke as she settled herself on the ledge of the stoned railings of the balcony. Her tone all of a sudden was meaningful and understanding.

I'd like for you to get down from there; you're making me very nervous. Maan gulped the rising panic in his throat as he saw her settle at such a dangerous place.

The all understanding Geet was lost and got replaced with the petulant child woman. It's making you nervous? She grinned. What if I just leaned back a little bit like this? She deliberately leaned back to a steep angle. Had she leaned further, even a bit, she could have easily slipped off the ledge.

Would you- Would you rescue me if I fell? She goofily grinned swaying herself dangerously again enjoying the changing face of Maan with her every sway.

Bile rose in Maan's throat as he was vehemently attacked by the double horror of heights and losing her. His breath hitched and face paled. It was possible he missed a few beats with her every sway. In a trembling meek voice, he never knew he had, he pleaded earnestly to her. Geet, I'm serious. Come- I'm not looking. He tried turning his head in the opposite direction to find some solace, but it simply wasn't possible to tear his gaze away from her.

It's really high. Look, no hands, no hands! She giggled raising her hands off the sill followed by another dangerous sway, still oblivious to the pain she was bringing to him. In those couple of seconds, his whole body drenched in sweat due to the panic and he shivered. His eyes had so much fear that it literally knocked off Geet's breath when she met those orbs. Quickly jumping her feet back on solid ground, she gulped hard...  Okay, all right. I'm sorry.

Maan gave an audible sigh and settled back in his chair. After a couple of deep breaths, his eyes gleamed darkly and he uttered with a strange vehemence NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!. Geet swallowed thickly and nodded meekly aviding his furious eyes. She didn't have it in her to say another word after his growl.

The heavy silence lingered for a while which was broken by his calm voice. The truth is... it really is totally irrelevant whether I like this man or not. I will not let myself become emotionally involved in business. He raked one of his hands through his sweat damp hair.

I know. Meer is always saying to me, "Don't get emotional when you turn tricks." Geet spoke lost, deep in thoughts of past. That's why no kissing. It's too personal. It's like what you're saying: You stay numb, you don't get involved. Their eyes locked, talking volumes beneath the words spoken. When I'm with a guy, I am supposed to be like a robot. I have to just do it. The pain clouded her eyes while anguish clouded his. As she saw his eyes crinkling with coldness, she didn't know from where her mouth added I mean... except with you. Its... ummm ...different. A pink blush adorned her face remembering the previous night of passion.

Oh, of course, not with me. Maan's lip quirked up in a teasing manner.

You and I are such similar creatures, Geet. We both have to screw people for making a living. The despondence, the despair in his voice clenched at her heart. And at the same time, it brought back the reality home. The last twenty four hours had whisked her away from true life. But wasn't that the truth...the bitter truth of her life. The harsh reality life had been since her parent's death.

I was sorry to hear about your dad. She was suddenly reminded of that moment. When did he die?

Last month. His tone was too curt and clipped. The emotional edge in his voice that was present just a few moments ago was lost now.

Do you miss him?

I hadn't spoken to him in fourteen and a half years. He spoke as his icy glaze met her shocked hazels. I wasn't there when he died.

Do you want to talk about this? She squirmed nervously under that gaze...uncomfortable.

No. His brusque reply somehow soothed her wild nerves. She wasn't sure if they were close enough to talk about such personal stuff.

Well, I tell you what, 'cause I got an idea. Her infectious vivaciousness was back in her demeanor. Let's watch old movies all night. We'll just veg out in front of the TV.  She clapped her hands in excitement.

"Veg out"? He spoke smiling raising a brow in question.

Yeah!!! She spoke as if it was the most common word in dictionary and he was from another planet to not know it.  Be still like vegetables. Lay like broccoli.

Maan's head was a mess since evening. Her ravishing beauty, the meeting with Raichand's, her torturing him with her adventure ride on the railings and now the disturbing talks that threw him in the pathos of his past. He needed to be alone at the moment. Away from the intoxicating smell of her closeness and steer clear his head. Look, I'll tell you what. I'll be back. We'll do broccoli tomorrow. He caressed her chin gently rising on his feet, not really wanting to go but not willing to stay and be vulnerable.

Where are you going? Disappointment was clear in her voice as she bit her lip. Her voice tugged at his heart making him rethink his decision for a moment.

He tucked away the distracting lip from her teeth with a gentle tug of his fingers. This was probably the first time he had touched her lips. The contact made him tremble with desire. Quickly withdrawing himself, he softly spoke I'm going downstairs for a while. Take care.

It had been three hours since Maan was gone. The wall clock showed three A..M. in the morning making Geet feel more and more anxious about his whereabouts with every tick of clock. The endless Sarabhai 'On Demand' running on the LCD screen wasn't enough to calm her down any longer. She reached for the phone and dialed the reception.

Hi, uh, I'm in the penthouse. The guy that was here, Mr. Khurana, have you seen him down there anywhere? Uh okay. Thank you. Thank you very much. Too impatient to wear her saree again or strip into a night dress, she quickly donned a robe over her blouse and skirt and made her way down.

There he was...bending over a huge, black, shiny piano tucked in the corner of one of the restaurants that the hotel possessed...playing the keys with his long skilled fingers, unknown to those new pair of doe eyes that were now shining with admiration. Another two pairs belonged to the irritated restaurant workers who were cursing this man, who took the '24-Hours Services' too literally. But none of the two connected souls bothered about them. The moonlight from a big side window was illuminating Maan's profile softly. And for the first time since their meeting, Geet realized how beautiful he was. His jet black hair which usually are done perfectly were slightly tousled right now, adding a boyish innocence to his serious demeanor. His beautiful black eyes were closed at this moment which made her feel slightly disappointed. It had always been a sheer pleasure to witness how his eyes talked volumes even when his expressions were impassive. She had witnessed passion, amusement, pain, smile... every possible emotion in those orbs when his lips had refused to give even a bit. The way his super long, think black lashes shadowed his cheeks, Geet thought that he could actually give those Maybelline Mascara models a run for money with those eyelashes. The beautiful slope of his nose, a perfect jawline... sharp enough to cut glass with, those beautiful pink thin lips...which made up a perfect M at the centre. She could feel herself getting hot with the mere thought of his lips. I wonder how they would feel against mine. She sighed but then quickly shook her head as if scathed by an incestuous thought. SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO KISS A CLIENT!!! The biggest rule of the trade! She mentally scolded her audacious thoughts and went back to checking him out. The way he was leaning over the piano...not slouching, just perfect.. the soft subtle movements in his arms and shoulders as his fingers danced across the keyboard. He was perfection redefined. In one simple word he was GORGEOUS! That was when Geet noticed the music her ear were unconsciously witnessing since last ten minutes. The way the notes of the tune rose and fell, a sweet but sad lamen,t echoed through the lilting music. She looked back at his face and saw what she had missed before when checking out his handsomeness. His face was sad, forlorn completely matching the music. The way he was lost in the moment, in the music...it felt as if he was in a different world, untouchable, isolated and lonely in a bubble of light..in an aura of his own, where no one can reach him...not even her. Her throat constricted with so many emotions. She leaned back on the wall trying to hold back her sobs and not run to him holding him to her chest and kissing him senseless, wipe anything that was troubling him to this extent. She had no idea why she was misty eyed.

As if suddenly aware of her turmoil, Maan's eyes flew open and met hers the next count.

A frown passed his face when his eyes met hers and then strange emotions danced in those eyes, which nobody else except Geet could fathom. She cleared her throat and in a voice heavy of emotions spoke

I didn't know you played.

I only play for strangers. He eyed towards the other two people present there.

I was gettin' lonely upstairs all by myself. She barely managed to speak trying to hug herself hard before she pounces on him embarrassing themselves.

As if already aware of her thoughts Maan glanced at the two people and in an authoritative tone that Geet had not witnessed till now spoke Gentlemen, would you mind leaving us, please?

The two workers were out in the next breath nodding at him. 

Thank you.

Geet's mouth opened wide in shock. People always do what you tell them to do?

And he glanced at her with such a heated glaze that she knew people do. She didn't even realize when she took her first step in his direction, when he pulled her across the piano to himself and how she ended up being engulfed in his strong arms. The way he hugged her stomach, it was if a dying man had found a way to life. Geet reciprocated probably with even more passion if possible. Their breathing accelerated as he distanced her only a little to put a hand just below her hips and made her sit on the top of the piano. A high note filled the room with the movement. He gazed in her eyes and in a swift stroke undid her robe. A sharp intake of breath did nothing to hide the rush of heat he felt, as her beautiful body clad in that bikni blouse and skirt greeted his eyes. He glanced all over her body with such reverence as if he was standing in an art library admiring the works on display. His eyes met her quizzical ones and he stood from the piano stool closing the gap between them. Running his hand through her wild curls, he caressed her face first with his eyes and then his palms leaning in slowly to kiss her. Her first kiss was coming her way!!!

But before the lips she was fantasizing minutes ago could touch her craving ones, her subconscious took the center stage and she turned her face away from him. Maan was too lost to register her denial and tried again but was denied the pleasure this time too. His passion gazed eyes looked at her in surprise and saw the helplessness floating in hers. The questions...How can she kiss him? How can he kiss her? were floating starkly in them. If he thought he was hurt with her refusal, it vanished when he saw how pained she was in this situation. How she was struggling with her emotions. He caressed her face softly and blinked his eyes assuring her that it was okay. They were okay. A muffled sob escaped her and she hid his face in her bosom, trying to absorb him, imbibe his scent in her 'shitty' existence. He nuzzled her bosom and made her lie flat on the piano which she readily complied. The piano's uncoordinated sounds filled the room up again with their 'activity'. And it kept on playing the random notes till both the melancholy hearts soothed the other wounded soul with their hands and lips, abiding by the NO KISS ON MOUTH' rule.

PS EDIT: Sorry for delay people. Life is a mess right now. Bear with me for some more irregularity. Well if theis denial hurts you, I am afraid the story would be filled of them only at every step.

Here I would want to share a recent personal experience with all. Since I am a new joinee I am undergoing some professional transformation and grooming classes. In one of the sessions, our speaking skills were to be rated. One of the casual topics I got was "Your Favt Movie" Hands down..Pretty Woman😉 And there I started with all the introduction part of my FF😉😆 Needless to say I fared well. So how has every one been these days? Hoping to hear from you all...

And lastly and very importantly a very heartfelt thanks for everyone who liked and commented. And maanland an extra jhappi for you buddy🤗 I updated bcz of ur PMs only. I thought I owed you that much😳

Chapter 11-Page 45

Edited by AnonymousMG - 10 years ago
sanum23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
conti soon soon
WAITING
.Tulip. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
wow this was an important chapter
n you perfectly portrayed their emotional connection n understanding