Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ITrustMyHeart

Wouldn't you even impose some rules and try to stop them? What if some  ten year old goes around having sex? You would overlook him/her and fold your hands? Sometimes rules are important to maintain the decorum, every child couldn't be you and me to be within limits, being strict is necessary too, but in a friendly way.  

Again them eyes! ðŸ˜†

Now you are reading my post wrong. Where did I say I wouldn't try to stop them? I would, but that's no guarantee. Proof is all around you, there is no shortage of teen parents. And I doubt none of them had parents who tried to stop them.
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
That's all about bad parenting, for the amount of teen parents are found around...if the parents would be strict, we would find a number of less teen parents. 

I agree that there's no guarantee 😊 
Freethinker112 thumbnail

That's all about bad parenting, for the amount of teen parents are found around...if the parents would be strict, we would find a number of less teen parents. 

I agree that there's no guarantee 😊 

It's wrong to blame parents for the mistake of kids. I will give you that some parents are bad, but not all. Indian parents are as strict as they come, and you are kidding yourself if you think teens don't have sex here.
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
It takes two to tango. Both kids and parents are equally responsible for  the amount of teen parents around who are not prepared mentally or emotionally..would I say that when I myself live in India and when I have seen through. But you know what, when parents don't give the required attention to their kids, they become isolated and they yearn for some company... and are driven towards such things...so basically there's some part of parents involved. Or some teens may do it for fun, just to appear cool, peer pressure, see there could be a lot of reasons, I'm just speaking through what I've seen. I may be wrong!
asha222 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Personally, I really didn't think it was such a big deal that Rashi dyed her hair. I had more concerns about her wannabe friends and attitude.

Maybe Rashi is still a little young to be dying her hair but plenty of kids do it and it doesn't mean their parents are bad, or not strict enough, or that those kids will come home pregnant or dropping out of school.

You have to make compromises with kids. You allow something or something else in return. Saying no to everything without giving proper explanations won't stop kids from doing what they wanna do.

And it does not make you a look-obssessed person just because you dye your hair, no matter what your age.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

It takes two to tango. Both kids and parents are equally responsible for  the amount of teen parents around who are not prepared mentally or emotionally..would I say that when I myself live in India and when I have seen through. But you know what, when parents don't give the required attention to their kids, they become isolated and they yearn for some company... and are driven towards such things...so basically there's some part of parents involved. Or some teens may do it for fun, just to appear cool, peer pressure, see there could be a lot of reasons, I'm just speaking through what I've seen. I may be wrong!

Yes, exactly as you say. I am not completely isolating parents, but sometimes they aren't the problem. That's why parenting isn't just simple as strictness or softness. There are many factors involved. On some kids, you can't get anything to work. People who are stubborn like Sweety. That's why parents can hope for a good kid who does listen and is wise. That's why IMO, it's not all nurture, good nurture can just bring out the nature.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: asha222

Personally, I really didn't think it was such a big deal that Rashi dyed her hair. I had more concerns about her wannabe friends and attitude.

Maybe Rashi is still a little young to be dying her hair but plenty of kids do it and it doesn't mean their parents are bad, or not strict enough, or that those kids will come home pregnant or dropping out of school.

You have to make compromises with kids. You allow something or something else in return. Saying no to everything without giving proper explanations won't stop kids from doing what they wanna do.

And it does not make you a look-obssessed person just because you dye your hair, no matter what your age.

Exactly my points. Agreed.