Views

Users

Frequent Posters

supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey all here is an Edit for 89

i havn yet made the collage...cuz it doesn suit without Cynthia's titles

i wanted to make a video with this scene for this song...but i don hav a compatible laptop for it...
it took me a while to make it this edit though 😊

here is the song tht i hav chosen...its the secod stanza
...its a song by Matt Nathanson - Faster

its not a Arshi video...its the song i came across a Damon nd Elena VM...nd it fits perfectly for this scene πŸ˜‰

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7QixkMNn7o[/YOUTUBE]

from episode 85...i hav noticed a lot of Body Double scenes which irritatin at times...nd also few episodes are longer...has any1 else noticed it??

Edited by supriya.arshi - 11 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

ramble away. must go and listen to those songs. kayamat, that jhalli pagal dhakdhak making girl certainly is. a bit just a bit of rajesh khanna and shammi to. don't you get a feeling he has a part of him from another time and then there's his nowness.he feels real that's what i just can't turn away from. never saw mr and mrs 55 but mili, yes. the dark quiet man who begins to feel life again thanks to the girl who will die. in fact, strains of that here too. ah maybe someone will make that vm for you?

Yes, He certainly is a great amalgamation of the past era's "restraint" and the new era's "romance".. ahh.. I am going back to Barun's comment! And, yes there is a bit of every one in him, another name I can't afford to forget is ofcourse Dilip Kumar... as "intensity, thy name is ASR!!"

Haven't watched Mr and Mrs 55? I am sure it will be as entertaining light hearted romantic as it was decades ago with those two mesmerizing faces of Guru Dutt and Madhubala!
vm? will see, thanks for suggestion..
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 90

so why did i feel so bad for arnav singh raizada today? he was curt, he was angry, he shouted, he was crusty and unfriendly in the extreme. yet, i felt something was not fair. maybe just the look on his face a couple of times. or the timbre of his voice here and there, but i got the sense that the hard hearted one was softer and gentler than many, and something in him felt pretty rotten today.

consider the scenario. the young man is all of only 26. yet in just a few years, by the dint of hard work and his sharp mind, he's built a strong business house, clearly in the black. his character, it is said, was based on the mills and boon hero that gul khan possibly grew up reading. at 14, i could have done a phd in that kind of romance novel, reading practically one a day. and believe me while the m&b man was tall, dark, and handsome, and definitely always a tycoon, he was never less than 35 years of age. usually 15 years older than the girl he'll collide into and their lives change.

here, asr is way younger, and he is the man who runs this show, takes all sorts of decisions without any support from an older wise counsel of any sort; of course, his uncle and cousin support him, but the ultimate responsibility falls entirely on his albeit most sexy yet still very young shoulders. if we are to believe in this character we have to understand, this wealth was not created by chance or fluke, a whole lot of effort and keen thinking had to go into it. that was mainly his.

and he takes on the challenge most readily. in fact, derives much pleasure from his work as well. the entire raizada establishment runs on his earnings. from whatever one can see, he is not overbearing at all, demanding things be done his way. he considers taking care of his family to be his duty, is utterly respectful of his elders, dotes on his sister. the only man he seems to lean on a bit for advice is his jeejaji.

an instance of his respectful ways. toward the end of this episode, he is seething about the eight young girls who have been brought into the house without his knowledge and who have wrecked his work things, yet when he sees naniji, he changes his tone instantly... gentler, courteous, with maybe just a trace of complaint in his voice.

that was just one example of the sort of things that are done with impunity by his family which seem not too fair to him. most of the members are fairly conventional in the way they view life and live. they are traditional, highly theistic, constantly engaged with worship and ritual. in matters other than religion too they do not challenge norms. they believe in marriage, they deem women should do "womanly" things like cooking and taking care of the family, they eat vegetarian food and don't bring alcohol into the house.

asr on the other hand is, as we all know, asr. he is certainly not into religious rituals, he believes he makes his own destiny which doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't believe in something out there, but whether it is there or not, he takes the responsibility of his own life, not willing to lateet some unknown fate take over. he does not believe in marriage for himself. he likes to eat non-veg food, and even drink alcohol on occasion, and his views on women are progressive, liberal. no question of tying them to their traditional duties, if you want to do something, go out there and do it, i am with you, seems to be his attitude toward the women in his life.

he is certainly different in his views from his family members. yet at a fundamental level his idea of duty is perhaps the exact mirror image of his naniji's.

everyone loves him, they live off his income, but they never seem to realise, he has a right to live his life his way. what's more, they are often a tad judgmental. even naniji, whose character has lovely qualities. anjali doesn't judge him but wishes he would change. people may not say it overtly, but they would do huge sighs of relief if he one fine day relinquished his ways and became like them.

is this fair? or is it fair to get hordes of kids into the house, without his knowledge just because he is not fond of noise and children? the least one can do is tell him. he might yell and shout, but he always doesn't finally come in the way of di's desires, does he?

the shot of him when khushi grabs hold of his hand while playing ankh micholi just stayed in my head. blind man's bluff, the day she returned to rm with her order of mithai and the gust of wind told him something was different, and he found her in his wardrobe, that day it had felt like the same game was on. today, indeed it was, and she was playing with the girls. anjali had requested she keep them entertained and out of chhotey's sight come what may.

so when she caught hold of him, she started with a "pakad liya na firse," caught you again, then as she felt his arms, blindfold still on, "arre phirse zaroorat se zyada lambe?" again you're taller than necessary. she had just had a most interesting play time with om prakash, the cutest of the prakash clan.

but this time it wasn't op.

a gust of breeze on a low angle pan around the two, as she held his arm and felt her way up. palm on face. a streak of current almost seems to run through her frame, haah! three cheers for stubble. even with eyes covered she can feel his asrness, no wonder his music plays.

er notice, he doesn't stop her from touching his face...

trembling hands reach up for blindfold, pull... and the signature one eye. but this time followed instantly by dhakdhak. he can't look away, she can't stop her heart racing. neither knows this thing has a name. she blinks, bemused. he's still, watching her, what's with the girl.

then with controlled rage, "kya kar rahi thi tum?" what are you doing?

lunacy in the living room.

"kya?" what? she prevaricated.

"kya kya? kya kar rahi thi tum?" what what? what were you doing?

the man who abhors noise and kids is back home.

khushi goes into high panic and supreme cookiness in her bid to protect the kids from his wrath. and we get to see some really funny scenes with the very expressive op as part of deal. but during this, khushi casually refers to him as laad governor, well almost, to op. considering the man is his employer, is this even slightly polite or right?

later, she describes him as rakshas, not human, laad governor, etc., to the children also. don't go near his room. he eats kids.

while on one side of the episode we see shyam up to his terrible tricks, trying to fix his horoscope, fudge ranisahiba, and shake off shashiji, here we see asr discover destruction and disrespect in his room. a broken model that had taken days to put together, and a loud moustache sketched on his photograph. finally, despite khushi's best and most bizarre efforts when the truth come out, it's "aaa" shrieking girls rushing down the stairs time.

"enough!" no one could blame the man for shouting this time.

"toh yeh hain wo... jinhone model toda that," so these are they that broke the model.

the kids peer from behind khushi's back and ask,

"yeh hai wo..." this is he...

"wo kaun, beta?" khushi, sensing danger, fakes excessive sweetness: who he, child?

"aap hi ne toh kaha tha wo gussewala... jo baccho ko kha jaata hai. woh rakshas... laad governor," but kids will say it as it is... you'd only said that angry man... the one who eats kids. that monster... laad gov."

khushi is aghast. but it's asr i look at.

"kya kaha issne? rakshas laad governor jo baccho ko kha jaata hai... yeh tumne sikhaya baccho ko." what did she say? monster laad governor who eats kids... this is what you taught the kids?

"main jo keh raha hoon isska jawab do..." answer me!!! when he hurts he shouts the loudest. why did it seem as though khushi speaking like that about him really bothered him, and the tender one inside him was upset that such a nasty image of him had been conveyed to innocent children by the girl he had started calling ajeeb, maybe because she made him feel ajeeb things, things he had no idea how to describe. but certainly he didn't want her to say such things about him. i am wondering now, did khushi understand this?

just because he is brusque and confident, arrogant at times, and always master of the house, doesn't mean he doesn't need tenderness, care, someone to love him as he is. he shouldn't have to eat what he likes to outside or apologise for his way of thinking, because no matter who does or doesn't do what ritual, this man always does the best by everyone around him. and when he makes a mistake, his seeking forgiveness is genuine and deep. the only man on who he depends is playing a sick game and will betray him most terribly soon. no one will ever make space for his way of life unless he yells and screams. nah! asr you're a wonderful man, laad governor is just your ajeeb girl's way of saying you are.

if she is only 18, he is just 26 too. because he grew up quickly thanks to a nasty fate and a determined character, himmat dikhai... doesn't mean we can't give this young man his due.
Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ina211

Lovely analysis, Indi!
Khushi's 1st dhakdhak and wasnt it beautiful.
You are right they did nothing extraordinary to set up the scene but I loved the whole effect and the background music just takes it to a level further...
and Sanaya...what a fabulous actor she is!

And that peep from behind the pillar was soo cute!Dhakdhak = acidity...that is our sanka for you but then she was just 18 and confused and any other inference for such dhakdhak and that too related to laad governor seemed incomprehensible to her.

LOL about the part where she says..."kya khane mein pasand hai shaadi kab karni hai bachche kitne chahiye...yeh sab bhi bata deti..."
hahaha...Y Khushi? Y would you tell him about shaadi and bachche?? Oh wait...we already know...only you need to realize the answer! and as La would say later...ek naa ek din tum samajh jaogi chahe ASR samjhe ya nahi... πŸ˜‰

thanks, ina... yes her first dhakdhak, and awww it was so silly but perfect. in pink bold 🀣. that soliloquy was worth a critical anlysis. πŸ˜†

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

episode 89

again the darkness. and this time a falling away of the whole world along with it, a departure of even sound. she was plunging into another space, with a single message in it. dhak dhak. heart beat... quickening. 

there's only you and me in this moment. and that deafening sound. where does it come from? i have never heard it before, yet that's all i can hear now. where does it come from. surely not me?

for a clear thought to enter us, sometimes we need all the clutter to be pushed aside first. and when that thought is an axiomatic truth, the world does go away, leaving us alone with it. to see it, feel it, touch it, maybe even understand it. khsuhi stood in this moment with the only things that mattered. him and her heart beat. traipsing, twirling, speeding, sparked, galvanized. all that mattered, only that mattered.

i couldn't help but recall him leaping over steps, racing toward her to prevent her from falling at the temple on teej day. how she galvanized him. one moment casually talking on the phone, next transfixed, then racing. and so he galvanized her, one moment talking to everyone, next riveted, and then racing inside her being.

this sparking of each other. someone who makes you feel suddenly different, more, alive, could this be love?  πŸ‘

creatives had used a not too unique devise to beautiful effect. yesterday an errant tear had alerted her to gadbad. when she should have been happy, she had felt a funny sort of sadness. and then this morning when she'd wondered about her "friend" who was both happy and sad at the presence of a person, from darkness again a suggestion had come that would show light. But why didnt she tell her elder sis that she was the one having this dhak dhak feeling. Actually she never did share with payal in toto her mixed, confused feelings for her laad governor. She let everyone in the Gupta household think that she considered him a Rakshas. She herself preferred to think that...though her heart often whispered something else in her ears(my POV) which she chose to ignore!

shyam had advised, "apni saheli se kahiye, ki woh dekhen jab woh yeh insaan ke kareeb hoti hain, tab unki dil ki dhadkan kaisi hoti hai... jabhi wo inke samne jaati hai, unka dhadkan tez hota hai kya?"

tell your friend to check her heart beat when she's near this person, when she's close to him, do her heart beats quicken? and if that's the case, it means only one thing. there's gadbad. not possible to translate this word into english i think, i'll settle for "trouble."

lawyerji had cottoned on to the fact that khushi spoke of herself that morning, but he had no clue that he himself was not the cause of trouble. that man stood here... just as unaware. men.

"yeh kya ho raha yaha...?" the gladiator had glided in, gorgeous in swept back hair style and pullover on shirt, forcing me to be alliterative. πŸ˜‰"koi na koi problem iss ghar mein hoti hi rahti hai... insaan peacefully kam bhi nahin kar sakta." his voice was abrupt, irritated. what's happening, there's always a problem, no one can work in peace around here.

peace? when you look like that you expect there to be any peace anywhere on earth?πŸ˜ƒ khushi... khushi? are you alright? where are you, khushi? and why are you looking so lost? can you hear me?

dhakdhak dhakdhak dhakdhak dhakdhak dhak... she looked around bemused, people's lips were moving, yet all she could hear was this strange, very strange beat. and then as she turned to look at him, all went dark.πŸ‘πŸ‘

darkness all around, and the darkest creature of the tale, we have both of these to thank for illuminating the moment. though khushi had no idea why her heart beat faster, she knew now it did. aisa kyun hota hai... a beautiful question has found its way into the tale. πŸ‘πŸ‘

shyam brought her the dil ki dhadkan message, anjali told asr about saansey ruk jaaygi, a terrible sadness when you think, two people who knew the signs of love so well, never could have it themselves. if only there were even one redeeming feature in shyam. but c'est la vie.  Very well said, indiπŸ˜ƒ

"chamkili!" huh?! la brings khsuhi out of her bemused reverie.

"gadbad hai?!!" khushi is lost in shyam's warning. "haan, gadbad to hui hai," yes there's been trouble (problem), avers la in a clever little ipk dialogue play. Agree. Witty and subtle

the shot of the bowled over khushi was the first indication, and now it became clear, creatives were modulating tone of episode, taking us from a week and more of very intense drama to something lighter, quirky, fun, with an underlying sexiness and romance. it was there in the treatment of the dhak dhak introduction. but now we moved to pure sanak with the living goddess of it.πŸ‘πŸΌ

she niftily pointed toward the cause of trouble, the tulsi pot, and said to nani that the sacred plant was indeed not in its right place but lying there among the other plants. as all onlookers practically passed out at this information, each for her
own reason, and the giver of heart gadbad looked completely disinterested, she turned and said, "arnavji, aapne paudhe ko wahan kyun rakha?" arnavji, why did you keep the plant there?

his expression went, "whhhaat?" most delightfully i must say, and in danced music, giggly and fun, the signature miss sanaka sound. here a thanks to raju singh, who apparently celebrated his birthday yesterday. ipk wouldn't be ipk without its music. and rabba vey was not the only thing that sticks in the mind. i was not overly fond of a couple of sentimental tracks, but otherwise, cool yet emotional notes. stay with you. Awesome, indi. You always give a special place to music in your analysis. And justly so. I think BG music and rabba ve and the title song tuhi bata mere maula played a big role

to give the man his due, he tried. he started to refute with a "mei-" but before he could complete his sentence, khushi winked at asr. yes, she did. at asr.πŸ˜‰  In all these pics you have caught the expressions so well, indi. Sanaya was very expressive in this episode and Barun, well he is the king of expressions no doubt. This episode is a case in point!

i was nonplussed, so was he. πŸ˜†"what the-" almost completed itself through gritted teeth.

with big smile, intervened the nutcase "what nahin...pot... you kept the pot there with the rest of the pots... it's ok ok..."

🀒killing narrowing of eyes

"i can understand you don't know the difference between that pot and the other pots... happens happens"

mad hand swishing.

everything was moving too fast for the gladiator... he was used to lions, not sanaka devi on a high. really, something of obelix after a swig of magic potion, in our khushi after a round of dhakdhak.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†
"arre! you're still standing here..." and then the command to the man often called the mighty asr, "go and get the pot!"

in reply a smashing double o look.

"that's a place to bathe, the tulsi should be in the temple... remember next time." she has just given asr instructions on minding the tulsi pot. hey dm.

mami, nani, la, all shocked silent spectators.

he is about to burst with with anger, "dekho tum zyada..." see here, you better not-

obelix could never be stopped at such moments, nor our kkg, "theek hai theek hai, aapse galati ho gayi... it's alright, ok, you've made a mistake... naniji will forgive you... and dm won't mind also.."

di is beginning to get the drift. she always had a special vibe with khushi, and that nuttiness appeals to her too it seems.

asr is really a little slow on the uptake today, isn't he? Sankadevi had him rattled for sureπŸ˜†possibly mind already blown looking at the mad woman intruding his thoughts.

"galati aap ne ki aur daant lavanyaji ko pad rahi hai...," khushi, frustrated with his not getting it,  presents the reason for this ruse, dragging la into the frame... you made the mistake but la is getting the scolding...

ah, at last, the man comprehends.

but before he can react, one more wink.

huh!

"aur aap ho ke apne galati hi nahin maan rahe ho... kaise insaan hain aap!" and look at you, not owning up, what sort of a person are you?

winking fit. πŸ˜†

music in frenzy whirling like the dervish in anticipation of what? nirvana? enlightenment?

"stop!" he rasps, through tightly gritted teeth. ah nirvana it is.

he looks at la, and accepts, yes i kept the plant there by mistake.

everyone is astounded. especially the lady of the winks. as everyone goes their own way, he stands for a moment looking at her. what's in his gaze? dhakdhalk dhakdhak. mercury movement from fun to something gripping.

everything can't be explained. certainly not that about to say something but what backward glance even as he leaves.

sanaya was spectacular and in total sanaka form with a series of expressions as beguiling and nutty as his were hot and hotter.

89 was certainly an episode of expressions. perfectly pitched and timed. and the chemistry of the two was just as sharp in comedy as it is in romance. in fact, even in the mids
t of situational humour, there was always that awareness, that pull between the two. mark of a real "jodi," no matter what the mood of the moment, the vibe never leaves.

she was about to say something when suddenly her heart began pounding and before you knew it, gladiator was there... di, my laptop charger?

she gazed at him... and inevitably his eyes found her. the sweet beginnings of something here, otherwise that completely ott sound effect of heartbeat would have me turn the tv off. but again the acting, and emoting, how it never failed. the instincts have found each other and got together... now gut heart mind the rest of them start the journey. that tear and his silent long look in the office were perhaps the starting points of this new phase.

she actually rubs her ears... the sound of heart beat in it.

his eyes ask, "what?" almost gentle, quizzical.πŸ‘

"chamkili!"... for the second time la calls her back to reality.

... he is still puzzled by her worried, blown expression, a little eye talk then he leaves. that "unbelievable," "whatever" look in his eyes.

"let a woman in your life and your serenity is through."
~~~ henry higgins in my fair lady by alan jay lerner ~~~

and you sit quietly one afternoon reading the papers. think this is an everyday activity with no excitement in it? fear not. sanaka devi is near and wondering about nearness and its effect on her ears, for dhak dhak it is they hear.

from behind him she tiptoes surreptitiously up to him, a scientific experiment is on. and the observation is... dhakdhak dhakdhak.

she runs back.

charges again. she seeks validity, proof beyond doubt. this time he catches sight of her sidling up to him in the reflection on the french windows. he watches utterly puzzled. "what the" says his expression. back she runs. and one more time... he gets up.

one of the finest and most tender yet sexy, funny scenes i've ever seen.

"kya kar rahi ho tum? dimaag kharab ho gaya tumhara?" what are you doing, have you gone mad?

she scoots.

only to peer back from behind the curtain...

again!

then the diligent experimenter comes to her inference... the matlab of it all.

"isska matlab hamara dil uss laad governor ke paas aane se bhi dhadakta hai aur jab hum uss se door jaate hain, tabhi bhi tez dhadakta hai...  matlab koi gadbad nahin hai.. oh and i've kept a vrat... this must be khatti dakare... koi gadbad nahin hai...dm, in khatti dakaro ke liye... baar baar thank you."

this means my heart pounds fast if i go close to laad gov and also if i move away from him... which means there's no trouble. oh and i've been fasting, this must be acidity and "sour burps," so there's no trouble. oh dm, for my acidity i give you many thanks.

dhakdhak = acidity as in khatti dakar. q.e.d. πŸ˜†

stars gleam down on a man with a quest in his eyes...

there's talk of stars and romance, a skeptical asr smiles dismissively, while shyam dares to dream. and shyam who had introduced the idea of dil ki dhadkan that morning, finishes his day's work by mentioning that some people believe those who die become stars.

in a flash asr is transported to a place under the stars, where a girl with tears sparkling in her eyes had told him about her parents, how she believed to this day her parents have become stars in the  firmament. over to the girl, there she sits among her stars, thinking of exactly the same conversation...

while the general air of episode was one of humour and romance, a little yearning too, with touching cut aways to payal feeling terrible about her marriage plans ruining babuji's health and happiness, there was a scene most vicious and ugly. shyam flung sindoor by the fistful at khushi's picture. felt like filth being thrown on her. like violation taking place. something ominous in it.

Lines underlined are worth dying for indi. 🀒My comments in blue. Remarkable analysis. will linger with me all weekend... My heart going dhak, wink, dhak, wink, indi. Daarun! ⭐️(excellent)πŸ€—
Edited by wiwy - 11 years ago
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Riddle No. 6:πŸ˜²πŸ˜ƒ

When did Aakash cry his heart out?

Answer to Riddle No. 6 (wiwy ishtyle)πŸ˜ƒ:

Aakash cried his heart out when his beloved bhai kept paayal close to his heart for a long time! 
πŸ˜†

Edited by wiwy - 11 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

what a rambling is this not what is happening since the starting for Arnav Khushi

too jahaa jahaa chalegaa, meraa saayaa saath hogaa
meraa saayaa, meraa saayaa, meraa saayaa, meraa saayaa
kabhee muz ko yaad kar ke jo bahenge tere aansoo
to wahee pe rok lenge unhe aa ke mere aansoo
too jidhar kaa rukh karegaa, meraa saayaa saath hogaa
too agar udaas hogaa, to udaas rahoongee main bhee
najar aaoo, yaa naa aaoo tere paas rahoongee main bhee
too kahee bhee jaa rahegaa, meraa saayaa saath hogaa
main agar bichhad bhee jaaoo, kabhee meraa gam naa karanaa
meraa pyaar yaad kar ke, kabhee aankh nam naa karanaa
too jo mood ke dekh legaa, meraa saayaa saath hogaa
mere gam rahaa hain shaamil tere dukh mein, tere gam mein
mere pyaar ne diyaa hain, teraa saath har janam mein
too koee janam bhee legaa, meraa saayaa saath hogaa

or for that matter after 88 and 89

Manzilo Pe Aa Ke Lootate Hai Dilon Ke Caaravaan
Kashtiya Saahil Pe Aksar Doobati Hai Pyaar Ki

Manzile Apni Jagah Hai Raaste Apni Jagah (2)
Jab Kadam Hi Saath Naa De To Musaafir Kyaa Kare
Yoon To Hai Humdard Bhi Aur Humsafar Bhi Hai Meraa (2)
Badh Ke Koyi Haath Naa De Dil Bhalaa Fir Kyaa Kare
Manzile Apni Jagah Hai Raaste Apni Jagah

Doobne Waale Ko Tinke Kaa Sahaaraa Hi Bahot
Dil Bahal Jaaye Fakat Itnaa Ishaaraa Hi Bahot
Itne Par Bhi Aasmaan Waalaa Giraa De Bijaliyaan
Koi Batlaa De Zaraa Yeh Doobtaa Fir Kyaa Kare

Pyaar Karnaa Jurm Hai To Jurm Hum Se Ho Gayaa
Kaabil-E-Maafi Huaa Karte Nahin Aise Gunaah
Sangdil Hai Yeh Jahaan Aur Sangdil Meraa Sanam
Kyaa Kare Josh-E-Junoon Aur Hauslaa Fir Kyaa Kare
Jab Kadam Hi Saath Naa De To Musaafir Kyaa Kare
Yoon To Hai Humdard Bhi Aur Humsafar Bhi Hai Meraa
Badh Ke Koyi Haath Naa De Dil Bhalaa Fir Kyaa Kare

@Chalhov,

certainly that's what Arshi has done to us, making us do things we never even dreamt that we would!

Thanks for sharing "mera saaya".. it is such an apt universal companionship anthem... applicable across generations.. never gets old... so didn't many of that era! My father used to say that lyrics to a song are like salt to a pickle.. an essential ingredient to preserve it for long! Every time we reminisce these songs in various situations, his words come to my mind.

During many of Arshi's emotionally riveting separations, be it Khushi leaving RM post Diwali, or their evident pain at the airport  when he leaves to Scotland, or when ASR drops Khushi off at GH when she decides to leave after the mention of contract marriage.. that other enchanting Madan mohan number keeps coming to head..

hum Ko Mili Hai Aaj ye Ghadiya Naseeb Se
jee Bhar Ke Dekh Leejiye hamako Kareeb Se
phir Apke Naseeb Mein ye Raat Ho Na Ho
Shayad phir is Janaam Mein mulakaat Ho Na Ho

pas Aiye Ki Ham Nahin ayenge Baar Baar
bahen Gale Mein Daal Ke hum Ro Le Zaar-Zaar
ankhoon Se Phir Ye  pyaar Ki Barsaat Ho Na Ho
shayad Phir Is Janam Mein mulakat Ho Na Ho

Lag Ja Gale Ki Phir ye Hasin Raat Ho Na Ho

Edited by Horizon - 11 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: wiwy

Riddle No. 6:πŸ˜²πŸ˜ƒ

When did Aakash cry his heart out?

Answer to Riddle No. 6:

Aakash cried his heart out when his beloved bhai kept paayal close to his heart for a long time! 
πŸ˜†

@ Wiwy

Ah, you are right, this was supposed to be simple. πŸ˜† And I scanned all the scenes where Akash got upset.  I came close though, thought of Khushi, Arnav and Akash, even Anjali, but missed out on Payal. So Akash could have got upset, but shouldn't have, only if we knew that he had no idea about it to get upset! πŸ˜† 

Wiwy, I hope I'm able to crack the next one, wish me luck. πŸ˜³ 

Horizon thumbnail
πŸ˜†

episode 90

so why did i feel so bad for arnav singh raizada today? he was curt, he was angry, he shouted, he was crusty and unfriendly in the extreme. yet, i felt something was not fair. maybe just the look on his face a couple of times. or the timbre of his voice here and there, but i got the sense that the hard hearted one was softer and gentler than many, and something in him felt pretty rotten today.

consider the scenario. the young man is all of only 26. yet in just a few years, by the dint of hard work and his sharp mind, he's built a strong business house, clearly in the black. his character, it is said, was based on the mills and boon hero that gul khan possibly grew up reading. at 14, i could have done a phd in that kind of romance novel, reading practically one a day. and believe me while the m&b man was tall, dark, and handsome, and definitely always a tycoon, he was never less than  35 years of age. usually 15 years older than the  girl he'll collide into and their lives change.

here, asr is way younger, and he is the man who runs this show, takes all sorts of decisions without any support from an older wise counsel of any sort; of course, his uncle and cousin support him, but the ultimate responsibility falls entirely on his albeit most sexy yet still very young shoulders. if we are to believe in this character we have to understand, this wealth was not created by chance or fluke, a whole lot of effort and keen thinking had to go into it. that was mainly his.

and he takes on the challenge most readily. in fact, derives much pleasure from his work as well. the entire raizada establishment runs on his earnings. from whatever one can see, he is not overbearing at all, demanding things be done his way. he considers taking care of his family to be his duty, is utterly respectful of his elders, dotes on his sister. the only man he seems to lean on a bit for advice is his jeejaji.

an instance of his respectful ways. toward the end of this episode, he is seething about the eight young girls who have been brought into the house without his knowledge and who have wrecked his work things, yet when he sees naniji, he changes his tone instantly... gentler, courteous, with maybe just a trace of complaint in his voice.

that was just one example of the sort of things that are done with impunity by his family which seem not too fair to him. most of the members are fairly conventional in the way they view life and live. they are traditional, highly theistic, constantly engaged with worship and ritual. in matters other than religion too they do not challenge norms. they believe in marriage, they deem women should do "womanly" things like cooking and taking care of the family, they eat vegetarian food and don't bring alcohol into the house.

asr on the other hand is, as we all know, asr. he is certainly not into religious rituals, he believes he makes his own destiny which doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't believe in something out there, but whether it is there or not, he takes the responsibility of his own life, not willing to lateet some unknown fate take over. he does not believe in marriage for himself. he likes to eat non-veg food, and even drink alcohol on occasion, and his views on women are progressive, liberal. no question of tying them to their traditional duties, if you want to do something, go out there and do it, i am with you, seems to be his attitude toward the women in his life.

he is certainly different in his views from his family members. yet at a fundamental level his idea of duty is perhaps the exact mirror image of his naniji's.

everyone loves him, they live off his income, but they never seem to realise, he has a right to live his life his way. what's more, they are often a tad judgmental. even naniji, whose character has lovely qualities. anjali doesn't judge him but wishes he would change. people may not say it overtly, but they would do huge sighs of relief if he one fine day relinquished his ways and became like them.

is this fair?
or is it fair to get hordes of kids into the house, without his knowledge just because he is not fond of noise and children? the least one can do is tell him. he might yell and shout, but he always doesn't finally come in the way of di's desires, does he?

the shot of him when khushi grabs hold of his hand while playing ankh micholi just stayed in my head. blind man's bluff, the day she returned to rm with her order of mithai and the gust of wind told him something was different, and he found her in his wardrobe, that day it had felt like the same game was on. today, indeed it was, and she was playing with the girls. anjali had requested she keep them entertained and out of chhotey's sight come what may.

so when she caught hold of him, she started with a "pakad liya na firse," caught you again, then as she felt his arms, blindfold still on, "arre phirse zaroorat se zyada lambe?" again you're taller than necessary. she had just had a most interesting play time with om prakash, the cutest of the prakash clan.

but this time it wasn't op.

a gust of breeze on a low angle pan around the two, as she held his arm and felt her way up. palm on face. a streak of current almost seems to run through her frame, haah! three cheers for stubble. even with eyes covered she can feel his asrness, no wonder his music plays.

er notice, he doesn't stop her from touching his face...

trembling hands reach up for blindfold, pull... and the signature one eye. but this time followed instantly by dhakdhak. he can't look away, she can't stop her heart racing. neither knows this thing has a name. she blinks, bemused. he's still, watching her, what's with the girl.

then with controlled rage, "kya kar rahi thi tum?" what are you doing?

lunacy in the living room.

"kya?" what? she prevaricated.

"kya kya? kya kar rahi thi tum?" what what? what were you doing?

the man who abhors noise and kids is back home.

khushi goes into high panic and supreme cookiness in her bid to protect the kids from his wrath. and we get to see some really funny scenes with the very expressive op as part of deal. but during this, khushi casually refers to him as laad governor, well almost, to op. considering the man is his employer, is this even slightly polite or right?

later, she describes him as rakshas, not human, laad governor, etc., to the children also. don't go near his room. he eats kids.

while on one side of the episode we see shyam up to his terrible tricks, trying to fix his horoscope, fudge ranisahiba, and shake off shashiji, here we see asr discover destruction and disrespect in his room. a broken model that had taken days to put together, and a loud moustache sketched on his photograph. finally, despite khushi's best and most bizarre efforts when the truth come out, it's "aaa" shrieking girls rushing down the stairs time.

"enough!" no one could blame the man for shouting this time.

"toh yeh hain wo... jinhone model toda that," so these are they that broke the model.

the kids peer from behind khushi's back and ask,

"yeh hai wo..." this is he...

"wo kaun, beta?" khsuhi, sensing danger, fakes excessive sweetness: who he, child?

"aap hi ne toh kaha tha wo gussewala... jo baccho ko kha jaata hai. woh rakshas... laad govenor," but kids will say it as it is... you'd only said that angry man... the one who eats kids. that monster... laad gov."

khushi is aghast. but it's asr i look at.

"kya kaha issne? rakshas laad governor jo baccho ko kha jaata hai... yeh tumne sikhaya baccho ko." what did she say? monster laad governor who eats kids... this is what you taught the kids?

"main jo keh raha hoon isska jawab do..." answer me!!! when he hurts he shouts the loudest. why did it seem as though khushi speaking like that about him really bothered him, and the tender one inside him was upset that such a nasty image of him had been conveyed to innocent children by the girl he had started calling ajeeb, maybe because she made him feel ajeeb things, things he had no idea how to descrinbe. but certainly he didn't want her to say such things about him. i am wondering now, did khushi understand this?

just because he is brusque and confident, arrogant at times, and always master of the house, doesn't mean he doesn't need tenderness, care, someone to love him as he is. he shouldn't have to eat what he likes to outside or apologise for his way of thinking, because no matter who does or doesn't do what ritual, this man always does the best by everyone around him. and when he makes a mistake, his seeking forgiveness is genuine and deep. the only man on who he depends is playing a sick game and will betray him most terribly soon. no one will ever make space for his way of life unless he yells and screams. nah! asr you're a wonderful man, laad governor is just your ajeeb girl's way of saying you are.

if she is only 18, he is just 26 too. because he grew up quickly thanks to a nasty fate and a determined character, himmat dikhai... doesn't mean we can't give this young man his due.

@Red,
Absolutely agree. Who would put up with nonsense in their own house? Is it overboard to expect one's likes and dislikes to be respected in one's own house? Such is his plight! But strangely among all the crazy clan (except probably Akash), he seemed to be only sane one, religiously and relentlessly taking care of the entire family that too without any complaint but with a complete sense of responsibility. His anger was  justified most of the times especially last few episodes, when there was some insolent intrusion into his privacy, be it literally into his room or about his views on marriage.

I used to tell my friends that time, that one day he would be shown turned upside down, applying chameli ka oil instead of hair gel and wearing chamada ka chappal instead of designer shoes.. but we may not see any  of change in Khushi which unfortunately proved to be true! When originally both of them intended to be weird (as verified by Ved Raj and although I  consider him more probably arrogant than weird), why turn around only one of them and leave another one as such!!
Edited by Horizon - 11 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Horizon

@Chalhov,

certainly that's what Arshi has done to us, making us do things we never even dreamt that we would!

Thanks for sharing "mera saaya".. it is such an apt universal companionship anthem... applicable across generations.. never gets old... so didn't many of that era! My father used to say that lyrics to a song are like salt to a pickle.. an essential ingredient to preserve it for long! Every time we reminisce these songs in various situations, his words come to my mind.

During many of Arshi's emotionally riveting separations, be it Khushi leaving RM post Diwali, or their evident pain at the airport  when he leaves to Scotland, or when ASR drops Khushi off at GH when she decides to leave after the mention of contract marriage.. that other enchanting Madan mohan number keeps coming to head..

hum Ko Mili Hai Aaj ye Ghadiya Naseeb Se
jee Bhar Ke Dekh Leejiye hamako Kareeb Se
phir Apke Naseeb Mein ye Raat Ho Na Ho
Shayad phir is Janaam Mein mulakaat Ho Na Ho

pas Aiye Ki Ham Nahin ayenge Baar Baar
bahen Gale Mein Daal Ke hum Ro Le Zaar-Zaar
ankhoon Se Phir Ye  pyaar Ki Barsaat Ho Na Ho

Lag Ja Gale Ki Phir ye Hasin Raat Ho Na Ho

Hi! I was just missing my Vividh Bharati, i.e. Chalhov earlier in the day and her song posts. Thank you for adding another classic song to the earlier ones. The above words in bold underlined, what your father said are so true, never realised it that way. Lag ja gale is such a heart wrenching song, makes me want to cry every time. And, yes, you are right, at every time of Arshi's separation, this song fits so well. Thanks again, Horizon.
Edited by DurgaS - 11 years ago