Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The_songbird thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Makes for a wonderful read..
As for the choice of the attire, i feel - To each, his own..Given the diversity that our country possesses, attire for sure have been THE topic for discussion ...at times, even the HOT n BURNING agendas for discussion forums / Panels on national televisions. What should an average girl wear to college? n there comes a long list of recommendations from so called moral upholders of society..!!
More important than the attire itself is the way it is donned..eastern or western should not necessarily be an issue!! There may be times when a salwar kameez may end up looking more body revealing than a simple dress. Saree- a traditional Indian dress , gone global now, is conservative to many. But this six yards of fabric may end up being the most revealing and provocative than any other dress i can probably think of. As i said, would like to reiterate once again, it all depends on the way an attire is carried .  

Now coming to The Islamic Way of Dressing, you have very rightly pointed out that there is no such prescribed dress for men or women , In ISLAM. Yeah , no dress has the honor of being the ISLAMIC DRESS . In the Quran the guidelines have been mentioned. If any dress meets the mentioned guidelines , it is permissible. 
It is important to differentiate between 'Islamic' and 'Muslim-ic' . What most muslims may be doing may not necessarily be 'ISLAMIC'. Wearing salwar kameez is what most muslim resort to in the Indian/Pakistan subcontinent. wearing salwar kameez is definitely Muslim-ic but not necessarily Islam-ic . Salwar kameez just like any other dress would have to meet the guidelines mentioned in the Holy Qur'an to qualify for being a permissible dress , in Islam. 
I personally do not follow the television series myself, but probably what is being aired is more Muslim than Islamic.
Jeans, if worn the feminine way so that it does not resemble like that of a man's or being too tight fit should be permissible. Islam , is a religion for the entire human kind n not just for the inhabitants of India/Pakistan.So, let us be free of any notions of equating Islam with wearing a particular attire. It has much more to it. Purdah is however compulsory in Islam. A muslim , literally is somebody who submits his will to Allah (swt) and purdah comes with being a muslim.

As far your post is concerned , have thoroughly enjoyed it . Besides it is a thought provoking post that instantly sets your mind rolling . Thanx . Keep posting more !! πŸ˜Š
crazy4KASH_AR thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_songbird

Makes for a wonderful read..
As for the choice of the attire, i feel - To each, his own..Given the diversity that our country possesses, attire for sure have been THE topic for discussion ...at times, even the HOT n BURNING agendas for discussion forums / Panels on national televisions. What should an average girl wear to college? n there comes a long list of recommendations from so called moral upholders of society..!!
More important than the attire itself is the way it is donned..eastern or western should not necessarily be an issue!! There may be times when a salwar kameez may end up looking more body revealing than a simple dress. Saree- a traditional Indian dress , gone global now, is conservative to many. But this six yards of fabric may end up being the most revealing and provocative than any other dress i can probably think of. As i said, would like to reiterate once again, it all depends on the way an attire is carried .  

Now coming to The Islamic Way of Dressing, you have very rightly pointed out that there is no such prescribed dress for men or women , In ISLAM. Yeah , no dress has the honor of being the ISLAMIC DRESS . In the Quran the guidelines have been mentioned. If any dress meets the mentioned guidelines , it is permissible. 
It is important to differentiate between 'Islamic' and 'Muslim-ic' . What most muslims may be doing may not necessarily be 'ISLAMIC'. Wearing salwar kameez is what most muslim resort to in the Indian/Pakistan subcontinent. wearing salwar kameez is definitely Muslim-ic but not necessarily Islam-ic . Salwar kameez just like any other dress would have to meet the guidelines mentioned in the Holy Qur'an to qualify for being a permissible dress , in Islam. 
I personally do not follow the television series myself, but probably what is being aired is more Muslim than Islamic.
Jeans, if worn the feminine way so that it does not resemble like that of a man's or being too tight fit should be permissible. Islam , is a religion for the entire human kind n not just for the inhabitants of India/Pakistan.So, let us be free of any notions of equating Islam with wearing a particular attire. It has much more to it. Purdah is however compulsory in Islam. A muslim , literally is somebody who submits his will to Allah (swt) and purdah comes with being a muslim.

As far your post is concerned , have thoroughly enjoyed it . Besides it is a thought provoking post that instantly sets your mind rolling . Thanx . Keep posting more !! πŸ˜Š

You can use my real name here love...
I'm so glad to see you here.πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

I agree completely with your views.
Thanks a lot for such a wonderful review dear.
Being Islamic and being 'Muslim-ic' are surely two different things.
I'm glad that you enjoyed this post so much.
I have been eagerly waiting for your comments on this one.
I love you so much for writing your thoughts in such a beautiful manner...
❀️

Take care!
Muah!
πŸ€—
The_songbird thumbnail
Thanks for appreciating ...i am glad you liked it..asma ( look m using ur real name) πŸ˜‰.. dont you resort to so much PDA...makes me go red in d face ☺️ ...love you as well...!!! πŸ˜Š 
crazy4KASH_AR thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_songbird

Thanks for appreciating ...i am glad you liked it..asma ( look m using ur real name) πŸ˜‰.. dont you resort to so much PDA...makes me go red in d face ☺️ ...love you as well...!!! πŸ˜Š 

OK My darling...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Love you 2,3,4 raise to infinity.πŸ˜†