Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anuandavi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Waiting. Waise, r u planning to start a new FF after this?
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
waiting waiting
hoping and wishing after this u will start a new maaneet FF pls
amrinderkaur9 thumbnail
hey plz can v plzzz hav an epilogue aftr dis update plzzz pretty plz 😒
keenu_kk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
waiting dear
update soon
anuandavi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Saumya, 2 hours ho hi nahi rahe. Aur kitni der lagegi?
pickle6586 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Hello Everyone,

So here is the last chapter of this FF. 😊

Chapter 89-B

The moment had arrived. Maan was in the mandap performing the wedding rituals, while Geet slowly walked to the mandap. Niharika, Heer, her mother and her bhabhi walked with her. Maan did not look up to see her. Geet did not look at him either. While Geet carefully sat beside Maan, she looked up and was shocked. Maan finally looked at her and was confused at her expression. He looked in the direction that she looked at and was shocked too. Devanshi Handa stood at the main door of the living room of the Khurana Mansion.

Maan immediately turned to look at Daadima, who smiled at him. He gestured with his eyes to look at the main door. She did so and smiled even broadly.

"Devanshi", she whispered and Geet's parents and brother looked at her surprised.

Daadima walked towards the main entrance and Kiara whispered to Naintara, "Koi natak karne aaye hain kya phir se?"

"Shut up", said Dev, who was standing behind Naintara, having heard Kiara.

Kiara looked at him, he gestured her to keep quiet, and she nodded and apologized.

Geet's parents followed Daadima.

"You're here. I'm so happy", said Savitri Singh Khurana.

"I had to come. No matter how much I tried, I could not miss being a part of my granddaughter's happiness", she said, hugging Savitri.

Maan and Geet, on the other hand, were more worried about what was happening at the door than what the pandit was asking them to do.

"Bro concentrate on what panditji is telling you", said Dev and both Geet and Maan looked at Dev and smiled. "Okay okay I'll see whats happening there and tell you. But you focus here", he said, walking hurriedly towards Devanshi and Savitri.

"All well?", he whispered as he neared Savitri.

"Yes Son, ofcourse!", said Savitri and smiled.

Dev immediately turned towards Maan and Geet and gestured that everything was all right. Both of them smiled happily and looked at each other, happily.

Devanshi and Savitri walked towards the mandap. Geet looked at her Daadiji nervously, but was relieved when she found Devanshi smile and walk to her side and kiss her on her forehead.

Maan was stunned at this, but was happy that Devanshi had finally made it to the wedding irrespective of the fact that she did not even look at him once, while she whispered something to Geet and Geet blushed.

Maan filled Geet's maang with sindoor and put the mangalsutr around her neck. Daadima had tears of happiness in her eyes and so did Geet's parents. Devanshi smiled, while the others were still in a state of shock, unable to believe that their Maan Veerji was actually married now.

The ceremony was followed by a grand wedding dinner- that served not just Punjabi but Italian, Mexican, South Indian and Chinese dishes. The Khuranas and the Handas- including Devanshi for the first time had dinner together. Devanshi and Savitri had given their blessings to Maan and Geet after the wedding.

Devanshi, after dinner, had walked over to the side to attend a call, when Maan followed her. He waited for her to be done and then spoke to her. She turned to look at him, surprised, as she did not know he was waiting for her all this while.

"Thanks for coming", he said and smiled. "All of us are very happy to have you here", he continued.

"My granddaughter's wedding, I had to come", she said, expressionless.

Maan smiled again and said, "I understand, both the families have been through so much for this one wedding. However, I promise you, your granddaughter will be treated like a daughter of this house- that's how Naintara has been treated too, all these years. She will be very happy here, I can assure you that".

"Hmmm, I've heard you're a man of your words Mr. Maan Singh Khurana- I just hope you can keep up to your promises", she said and smiled for the first time, looking at him.

"I will", he assured again.

"Good! Let's go, everyone must be waiting. I'm sure we can always have more of these conversations in the future too. Now that my granddaughter will be living here, I would be throwing surprise visits every now and then to see my beti", she said.

"You can stay here with your beti as long as you want. It's not just your beti's house, it's your house too", he said.

"Thank you!", she said and patted him gently on his shoulder and said, "Come".

Both of them walked into the living room when he found Kiara talking to Dev- "Bro ab toh bol dijiye" while Daadiji and Naintara exchanged looks and smirked.

"Nahin bolunga", said Dev, grabbing the ice-cream bowl from Kiara's hands.

Heer laughed and Kiara looked at her, "Has kyun rahin ho?"

"aap itne desperate ho sunne ke liye, isiliye", she said, winking.

"Heer ki bachhi, tujhe main baad mein dekhungi", said Kiara and pulled the bowl back from Dev's hands again.

"Arey", said Dev.

"Dev", said Maan and both Kiara and Dev turned to look at him. "Kya ho rahan hain?", he asked.

"Wahin jo hamesha hota hain Veerji- Dev aur Kiara ki wahaj se- Nautanki", said Naintara and the rest bursted out laughing.

Dev walked towards Naintara, "tum mujhe ek baat batao- tum meri biwi ho ya dushman?", he asked.

"Kabhi biwi kabhi dushman", she said and winked at him. Daadima choked and Geet quickly got up and gave her a glass of water.

"Thanks Beta", she said, in a low voice. She drank the water and cleared her throat- "Serves you right Dev", she said.

"Yes Daadi", said Kiara.

"Oh whatever",. Said Dev.

"Ok enough now! Have your desserts", said Maan. He went and sat beside Geet, who passed a bowl of chocolate lava cake to him.

"Not that much", he said, "give me very little", he said.

"its very little Maan, kha lijiye. Aapne theek se nahin kiya dinner", she said.

"Wah bhai wah- kya pyaar hain- I remember one song", said Kiara.

"Haan, mujhe bhi", said Heer, "Iss pyaar ko main kya naam doon", she sang and both Kiara and Heer started dancing and Geet's bhabhi continued, "Rabba mere rabba rabba- Rabba mere Rabba", and joined them too.

"Haan haan, theek hain", said Geet, trying to look angry.

Naintara spoke up, "Shhh, bhai tum sab kisse chidaa rahe ho?"

"Kisse?", said Geet's bhabhi looking at Naintara.

"Arey Khurana khandaan ke badi bahu- Maan Singh Khurana ki biwi ko. Thoda soch lijiye. Warna mere veerji gussa karenge- abhi aankhein bade bade karke", she said and Kiara, Heer and Geet;s bhabhi hi-fived each other and started laughing. Devanshi and Savitri started laughing too.

"God yeh bacche", said Savitri Khurana.

Maan looked at Naintara shocked, "Naintara tum bhi?", he asked surprised. "I always thought you were calm and quiet. Dint know you could be so naughty"

"Veerji, please don't mind- but I always thought that the Maan Singh Khurana will never fall in love and never marry. Nevertheless, he did. Now when a mountain can change its stance, what am i- but a small rock?", she said.

"Wah Naintara kya argument di hain, tumne", said Dev, laughing. "Aj, shaadi ke itne saalon baad tumne Dev Singh Khurana ki biwi jaise baatein ki", he said, roaring in laughter.She rolled her eyes and pinched his hand.

Kiara turned to Maan and said, "Ok bro, ab bata hi dijiye".

"Accha theek hain", said Maan, "But before that gimme some rasmalai", he said.

"Okies", she said and got him some rasmalai.

"Remember I had asked you once what his name was", he said, pausing and taking a bite of the rasmalai. She nodded her head and everyone else settled and had their desserts too, while listening to him.

"I spoke to him immediately after that", said Maan. "Geet had told me that you love him and that he is a very nice person too- since she met him. Well, I wouldn't trust her judging capacities that much", he said, pausing again and turning to look at Geet, who looked at him angrily with her mouth wide open.

"Yiu taunted me on our wedding day too", she said, loudly and everyone else suppressed their smiles and laughs.

"Honey, I'll taunt you forever", he said and put a pice of rasmalai into her mouth that was wide open. She autmomatically shut it and shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

"Anyways, I thought Geet was right, for once", he said, continuing to smirk.

"Hmmm, phir kya hua?", asked Kiara.

"Oh Kiara, give him a break. He's telling you know!", said Dev, imitating her, "Phir kya hua?"

"Bhabhi, I dunno how you tolerate him", said Kiara, looking at Naintara.

"Like how all of us tolerate you", said Dev, taking a bite of blueberry mousse.

"Oho enough- the both of you", said Nainatra, "Veerji continue please", she said.

"Thanks naintara", he said, "I spoke to him about what he thought of you, your relationship and what his parents thought about your relationship. He told me that his parents were perfectly okay with Kiara and that they like her too. He also told me about how much he likes you and that he would like to settle down in Delhi after marrying you. Right now, he's shuttling between London and Delhi but after the wedding he wants to stay in Delhi itself, if that's what you want. He told me he's forward to a life with you, Kiara and that's when I realized my little sister has grown up that she is now in love and ready to become someone's wife and daughter-in-law. I told Daadima and she had no problem too. We'", he said, pointing to Dadima, Dev and Naintara, "thought we should get you two married and conveyed the same intention to the Garewals. They agreed too. Then we met up on later dates and fixed an auspicious date for the wedding. I had told Kunal not to tell you anything and that we would tell you, once everything is decided and settled", he said, taking a deep breath.

"Hmmm, but Kunal told me", she said.

"Obviously bataeyga na, kitni dumbo ho tum", said Dev. "He told you after we told him to tell you, you fool".

"Ohhh ok ok", she said, smiling. "Thanks Bro", she said and kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"Pagli, veerji ko thanks kyun bol rahen ho. Tumhare khushi mein hi unki khushi hain", said Geet, slightly hitting her on her head. Kiara laughed and hugged Geet.

The dining room fell silent for a couple of minutes when Devanshi spoke up, "Oh my god, its 2am already?", as she looked at the huge clock on the wall opposite to her.

Daadiji looked at the clock too and said, "Okay kids, all of you must be tired, so meet you all tomorrow", she said.

"Ji daadiji", said Nainatara.  She turned to Geet's family and told them, "Aap mere saath aaeye main aapko aapke kamre dikahungi".

"Naintara", said Daadima and Naintara immediately responded, "Daadiji, Geet's parents will be staying in the guest room on the first floor- the one beside the living room, Devanshi Daadiji will use the ground floor one, and Heer will stay in the other guest room that is on the left wing of the mansion, in the first floor. All their luggage and belongings are already in their rooms", she said.

"Okay! That's what I wanted to know", said Daadiji smiling.

"Maan", said Daadima, "will you be in the mansion or the outhouse?", she asked.

Maan looked at her for a second, "Where do you want me to be?"

"Well, I wasn't sure. So, I got both the rooms decorated", she said.

"Hmmm, okay!", he said, "I'll stay in the mansion only".

"Okay", she said. "Do you want us to'" and he cut her off, "Oh no formalities. We'll be fine. All of you should go and rest", he said.

"Okay", she said, went, hugged the both of them, and said, "Im so happy for the both of you". The rest got up and followed Naintara as she walked ahead to show them their rooms. Kiara and Dev walked upstairs too, to ensure that the Handas were comfortable- while Devanshi bid everyone good night and walked off to her bedroom and so did Savitri Khurana.

Maan waited for Geet to finish her mousse and by then the mansion fell quiet. Everyone were in their respective room and Maan knew that, as the lights in the corridor of the first floor were all off- only the candles and some small lights indicating the path were on. Geet finished the dessert and asked him, "You want anything else?"

"No", he said.

"Okay!", she said.

HE stood up and held out his hand to her. She looked at his hand and at him. She slowly got up after giving him, her hand. He looked at her, while she adjusted her lehenga and duppatta.

She looked at him and he scopped her into his arms. She smiled and put her hands around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder. He kissed her forehead, walked to "his" bedroom, and corrected the thought in his mind- "our" bedroom.

He went in and carefully made her sit on the bed. She switched on the bedside lights and he closed the door.  

He leaned on the door and looked at her, while she looked around the room. "I can't believe we are finally married", she said, still looking around the room.

"You will, now", he said, walking towards the bed and Geet blushed red. He sat on the bed beside her and helped her with her ornaments, while placing soft kisses as he undid her ornaments. Maan held her tight and both of them lay silent for sometime. All they could hear was each other's heartbeats. Geet switched off the lights and kissed him back.

"I love you", she said, breathing heavily.

"I love you too, Geet", he said, pulling her into a hug. "Thank you Mrs. Geet Maan Khurana for making my life complete and so beautiful".

"Mr.Maan Khurana, it's our love and faith that made our lives so beautiful and will continue to make our life beautiful always", she said, smiling.

It is very true, unconditional love and irrevocable faith that Maan and Geet had for each other, brought them together. They were two people with different ideologies, thoughts and beliefs, but when love happened, it made their lives beautiful.  

Alright, with this update, "Love makes Life Beautiful", comes to an end. I dunno if I've done justice to this update. I am writing out an epilogue. Should post in a few hours or may be tomorrow!

Thank you so much for waiting patiently and being such wonderful readers. Tough i've been very irregular with my updates, all of you have waited patiently and have never stopped reading my updates. I will miss this FF as much as all of you will. It's been special to me, but it has to end somewhere.

And lot of you have been asking me, if I would write another FF. The answer is a "Yes". I will be writing out another FF, very soon. So will meet you then! But before I meet you in the new thread of the new FF, please do read the epilogue and leave your comments.

Since this is the last update, I would appreciate if all the silent readers would leave their comments or atleast their signatures in this thread. Thank you!

Soumya

Edited by pickle6586 - 11 years ago
JeevanaP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
me first in ur last part...
it been a wonderful journey...
waiting for epilogue...
waiting for new ff'sss
Edited by reachsky2011 - 11 years ago
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
awesome, beautiful part
loved it
finally maaneet married to each other
Devanshi also came
Later maan and she talked with each other
love dev-nt,kiara, maaneet bonding with each other
so perfect
beautiful journey

soumya will miss this FF
but pls start a new MAANEET FF soon
Edited by PrithviSanyo1 - 11 years ago
Tyro thumbnail
lovely end to a beautiful story...

loved it...

n will be waiting for the new ff n the epilogue of this one...
keenu_kk thumbnail
ossum dear
loved it so much
yes u did justice to this ff dear
and we are waiting for the epilouge dear
pls show maneet as proud parents dear
plsss