50,000 4 shopping:Parmeet-Archana

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Celebs blow up Rs 50,000 a day shopping

Sussanne (left) shops at Marks and Spencer while Riya (centre) likes to buy jeans at Guess. Delnaaz (right) likes to visit malls for utility items

I visit Hypercity to shop for groceries and other basic necessities
I prefer to buy fresh fruits and veggies at Hypercity
Branded products seem to be a favourite among film personalities and television stars. Malls that store high-end designer labels are the current hot spot. For instance Riya Sen, a resident of Juhu, frequents InOrbit mall in Malad and has shopped for about Rs 30,000 to 38,000 at one go. Says a shopkeeper at the mall, "She came to the Guess showroom and spent her money shopping for jeans and other clothes."
The mall, which has other big brands to boast about, has also been a personal favourite with Hrithik Roshan's wife, Sussanne. She apparently visited the mall in her initial months of pregnancy. Says an employee of Marks and Spencer, "Sussanne Khan had come to our store when she was pregnant. She shopped for Rs 30,000-38,000. She has been one of our best customers."
Our sources tell us that actors Parmeet Sethi and Archana Puran Singh, are also consistent shoppers at Marks and Spencer. Says a shopkeeper at the store, "The last time they shopped here was 20 days ago. They bought clothes for about Rs 8,000-10,000," he says, adding, "Aamna Shariff and Rajeev Khandelwal also walk in frequently. They usually come together and the first time they came, they spent Rs 34,000. The last time they spent about Rs 50,000. They are really sweet and shop patiently and always smile at the staff."
Mona Singh from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin has visited the store twice so far and so has Marc Robinson who always comes in with his family.
Hypercity is also not far behind when it comes to dropping celebrity names. Shop owners say their household products and groceries are a big hit among the stars. Says one such store owner, "Our store is mostly frequented by television stars who live close by. They mostly buy things that they need daily. Delnaaz Paul, Karisma Tanna come to the store often."
We spoke to a few celebrities about their favourite mall. Delnaaz Paul, says she's a regular at the malls. "I visit the stores for grocery, bread and cold storage and other basic necessities. I visit Hypercity often but don't have any fixed time of visit."
Shubhangi Sawant, a model, says she loves to visit malls often. "I visit Inorbit to shop for clothes and shoes. But to pick up groceries, I always visit Hypercity and Spencer's. I am a regular at all these malls."
As told to Hiral Jani
[email protected]

Shubhangi (left) is a regular at the malls. Parmeet Sethi and Archana Puran Singh (centre) frequent Marks and Spencer, while Marc and Waluscha Robinson (left) travel from Bandra to shop at Hypercity EOF8

Vinod Singh
Actor; Ayushman
Time July 9, 1.30 pm
Where Spencer's, Malad
Bought Groceries
"I visit the mall at least twice a week to watch movies. I arrive early to buy tickets and park my car. So in the extra time before the film begins, I check what's in vogue and do some window-shopping. Also I am my mama's boy, so I call up my mom and check if she needs anything from Spencer's as she likes the household stuff there."

Dr Nishigandha Wad
Marathi actress
Time July 10, 2.30 pm
Where Hypercity, Malad
Bought Checked out electronic equipment with her sister.
"I visit the mall in the afternoons because that's when I get time away from my tedious shooting schedules. I like Hypercity for its collection of household items. I was helping my sister shop for some electronic goods. She is visiting me from the States and needed something to take back with her."

Karisma Tanna
Actress; Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Time July 10, 2.15 pm
Where Hypercity, Malad
Bought Groceries
"I shop for groceries at Hypercity. I don't buy clothes from India, so I rarely shop at these stores. I also visit InOrbit to pick up cakes, cookies, perfumes and watches. But for food, I love frequenting Subway, Kailash Parbat, Pizza Hut, Nandos at InOrbit. I also visit Rajdhani once in two months for traditional Gujarati fare. I often send my maid to buy foodstuff from these malls."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

red_blossom thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
50,000 a day!!!!!!!!!!!! haila!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😲