peacestead thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

hi guys,

its happening everyday in our serials these days, if u watch piya ka ghar you see megha pouring out venom and hate towards her mom, you watch astitva and its astha doing the same, you watch kkusum and its Kali at it again!!!!even in sarkaar kriticka is always pretty horrible to her mother, I really dont get it, we always hear that in our culture and country we respect our elders, we respect people just by virtue of their being older than us but here in the serials you see a completely demented way of treating your elders esp your moms. I used to insist that my daughter watch a few indian serials just to keep her in touch with her culture and country, some of us have been living out of india for ages now and for me personally India is a beautiful memory and its culture something i treasure and am proud of, coming back to my daughter now after seeing the way some of our serials are showing so much animosity in mother/daughter relations, i really dont want my daughter to be seeing all these serials!!!!!she would'nt take a minute to tell me "yeah so this is how elders are treated in india" after giving her countless examples of the uniqueness of our culture , how we even as parents ourselves still respect and honour our parents and elders i really would'nt know what to tell her if she saw any of these horrible incidents in the serials.I have been very troubled by the lack of respect that these girls have been showing their family members and even though these are just serials and fictional characters i certainly would not want my children to see mothers being ridiculed and humiliated in this manner.There is no justification behind humiliating someone who has raised you whether she is your biological mother or not.For me it is enough that she is the mother!!!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amreen1409 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I totally agree with you peacestead, almost in every show they show characters insulting their parents... and its really annoying as they are influencing so much to the new indian generation...
usachick821 thumbnail
im not sure where i stand on dis...cause on one hand kids like us should be free to speak their mind and be able to oppose what they dont like, but they should also do it in a dignified manner, and unlike the ppl we see on tv who act bratty and always try to get what the want. i mean most of us kids r not lyke dat, (xept a few) but i guess its givin the wrong impression to younger kids dat talkin back to ur parents is alrite.