Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seemamary thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Loved it , amazing update but want to see maan also falling in love with geet. continue sooon.
kavs123 thumbnail
Hey wen r u updatng????n nw its maan turn 2 fall 4 her...
rockin_gal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WAIITTTINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!! hurry upp ðŸ˜’
libra25 thumbnail
waiting for an update eagerly soumya..
plz plz plz jaldi karo..
pickle6586 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Hi Everyone. 😛

Here is the next update...!!!!!! 😆😆

Chapter 11

She went very close to his face and asked him, "Maan, why do you hate me so much?"

"Geet, this is not the time to discuss all that. You have exams coming", he said, turning his face away from hers, trying to increase the distance between their faces.

Geet continued to look at him, with a gloomy face. Maan slowly moved her hand away from her neck and made her sit, beside him, in the couch. He got up, while Geet continued to look at him.

"Here's your phone. Take it. And go back to the mansion", he said, picking up the laptop.

He did not look at her. He took his phone and laptop and walked away upstairs. Geet heard the door of his room, close.

Geet took her phone and walked out of the outhouse. Before she walked out into the lawn she turned back to look at the outhouse again. There was a twinkle in her eye and a smile reappeared in her face, when she saw Maan standing in the verandah on the first floor. No doubt, he did not look at her and he was busy talking on phone, but the fact that he was standing there, looking completely calm made her feel happy. For a second, she felt good that their last interaction, which was a very close one, did not affect him much. She did not want it, to affect him much either. She knew she liked him, but that did not mean he would like her.

She turned away and walked slowly towards the mansion, when Maan called her from top;

"Geet, tumne phone liya ki nahin?", he asked.

Geet turned back and looked at him, "Haan" and she said, showing her phone.

"Alright! Happy Studying!", he said, smiling, while standing with his hands stretched on the parapet wall, while holding his mobile in one hand.

"Hmmm", she said, remembering she had to get back to studying now. She smiled and walked away slowly to the mansion. She somehow felt he would not have been standing there, but she still hoped. She turned back to look at the outhouse verandah again. And she smiled. When she realized he was not standing there.

"How predictable, Maan?", she thought, "Hope is a strange thing". She walked into the mansion and stopped when she saw Kiara and Naintara sitting on the steps, on the mansion entrance.

She told them a "hi" and they smiled. Kiara spoke up, "Geet, kya baat hain? Aapko outhouse se mansion tak chalke aane mein, intha time laga. Aapki tabhiyat theek nahin hain kya?"

"Ji, who main, dheere dheere chal rahin thi aur soch rahin thi, ki ab mujhe kya padhna hain. Tuo thoda late ho gaya", she said, not understanding, what story to give as a cover up.

"Achha? Tuo aap baar baar peeche mudh mudh ke kyun dekh rahe the? Koi the kya verandah mein?", she asked, with a lopsided smile.

"Ji, nahin! Pata nahin, iss exams ke chakkar mein, mein pagal ho gayi hoon. Mujhe samajh nahin aa raha hain, ki main kya karu?", said Geet, unable to tell them, that she kept looking at her latest and present crush these days, her brother, "Maan Singh Khurana".

"I see! Aapko thoda relax kar lena chahiye and take it easy. It's all going to be fine", she said, smiling.

"Ji!", said Geet, smiling and wondering, "How can I relax when your brother is around?"

"Geet, call me Kiara please. Aapko "Ji" "Ji" kehne ki zaroorat nahin hain. I'm probably younger than you, so I should be calling you that way"

"Yeah!", said Geet, not knowing what to say next. Naintara remained a silent spectator to the entire conversation, but she made her own observations. She understood, by Geet's talk that apart from exams, there was something or someone else who was troubling her and disturbing her. "Could it be her Maan Veerji?", She wondered, "Well maybe or maybe not", she thought again, while she saw Geet walk into the mansion. But she definetely knew something was not right with Geet. She was bubbly and energetic when she saw her the first time, in the wedding. Now she looked more in stress and fragile. She had dark circles under her eyes and she did not speak much. Even when she spoke, she thought carefully and spoke, which Naintara thought was not like Geet.

Naintara remembered a famous quote, from a book she had read last night, "time heals everything that logic and reason cannot".  She smiled. Well that aptly suits Geet and the situation she is in. Well, it was true that time heals almost everything, but as far as the matters of the heart, does it really work, is the question?

Naintara knew not all this, because for her, her love was in her life. She and Dev had fallen in love when they met in college. Dev was her senior in college. They had some common friends too and would meet up occasionally. So they just got more and more chances to understand each other better and thought they could live the rest of their lives together. She came from a rich family and being the only child, she was pampered, but she very well knew her responsibilities. She handled even her father's business until date. When she came into the Khurana household as a bahu, she felt a little weird in the beginning because she could not understand, her Maan Veerji. She understood everyone in the family- her husband, her Daadiji, her sister-in-law Kiara, but this man was beyond her comprehension. When she expressed her concerns to Dev about not getting along well with Maan, Dev told her to relax and that Maan would never bother. And he was right. Maan never bothered and Naintara had never had any bad expereinces with him, because she never meddled with him.

Naintara smiled as she recalled her love story and her Veerji's indifference to anything happening in the mansion. She then looked at Kiara who was playing with her phone.

"andar chale?", asked Naintara.

Kiara looked up and said, "Oh you out of your dream world, bhabhi? Chaliye phir", she said, winking and getting up. Naintara blushed and walked inside, while Kiara followed.

It was night and Geet was studying. She had studied for almost five hours at a stretch, without being distracted. She knew she was back on track. Her phone rang and she rolled her eyes.

"Bas abhi sab ko mujhse baat karni hain", she thought, looking at the called ID.

She was surprised that her brother was calling her. She answered her call, praying to her Babaji. She was relieved when it was her mother.

"Maa", said Geet, feeling happy.

"Geet puttar kaisi hain? Sab theek hain na?", she asked, very softly.

"Ji, sab theek hain maa. Aap kaise hain?", she asked, looking very gleeful.

Her mom found about how she was studying and how everyting was, at the Khurana Mansion. Geet spoke non-stop and explanied about everyone in the mansion. She deliberately avoided Maan's topic and her mother did not remember about him at all. She was happy that her daughter was happy and afterall that's what she wanted.

"Puttar, main itne din tak phone nahin kar payi. Sorry", she said, very sadly.

"Nahi Maa. Main samajthi hoon. Koi baat nahin. Aapne phone nahin kiya tuo kya hua, main phone karungi. Aap bataeye, wahan sab kaise hain?".

"Beta sab theek hain. Bas, main aur teri behen aur papa tujhe bahut miss kar rahe hain, jaldi aa jaana",told her mother, with tears in her eyes.

"Haan Maa. Jaldi aaungi. Aap chinta mat kijiye", said Geet, "Main yahan theek hoon aur mujhe koi problem nahin hain"

"Theek hain puttar. Ab main rakhti hoon. Khayaal Rakhna aur Jaldi aana", said her mom and Geet told her to take care of herself too and hung up. she thought for sometime about her conversation and got back to studying. She forgot about her dinner until the landline rang again.

"Beta, dinner nahin karni hain kya?", asked Daadima.

"Dinner?", she thought, "what time was it?" she looked at the huge wall clock on the opposite wall and realized it was 10:30 in the night.

"Daadiji, aapne ab tak dinner nahin kiya?", she asked.

"Nahin beta. Hum bahar gaye the. Just came back and everyone's been waiting for me. I asked about you and Naintara told me that you did not have dinner too. Come Beta, its already late", she said.

"Ji, abhi aati hoon", she said, closing all her books and getting off the bed.

"Haan, outhouse aa jao", said Daadima.

"Kya, kahan outhouse? Wahan kyun?", asked Geet, shocked and perplexed.

"Haan beta", said Daadima, understanding her thought process. "Hum sab ek saath karenge dinner aaj. Kiara ayi hain aur who chahti hain ki who Maan ke saath dinner kare. So come here", said Daadima.

"Ji!", she said, not knowing what excuse to make. Would she appear in front of Maan again, her night study plan would go for a toss and Niharika would have to slap her again, to get her back to her senses.

"Haye Babaji, aap chahte kya hain? Har baat pe is dusht danav ko laana zaroori hain kya? Ab main dining table pe, dinner kum aur maan ko zyaada dekhungi", she said, walking out of the mansion and banging her head.

Nakul looked at her, wondering what was wrong with her.
Madam ji, sab theek hain?", he asked her.

Geet wondered where this voice came from. She looked around and found Nakul standing right behind her, looking at her, with a confused expression. She smiled and said, "Bhai saab aap mujhe ek baath bataeye. Aapko kisi ne bahut zyaada pareshaan ki?"

"Ji nahin. Main sabko pareshan karta hoon", he said, laughing bizarrely.

Geet banged her head further and walked away, without turning back. She stopped at the outhouse door and pushed it open. She heard noises from the dining room. She could hear every one's noises- Kiara, Daadima, Dev and NT. She wondered what happened to the other voice, that she has been dying to hear.

"Geet, andar jaane ka irada hain, ya phir poori raat yahin khadi rehna?", came a voice from behind- the voice that she had been yearning to hear.

"Aap yahin khade rahenge, tuo raat bhar aapke saath yahin khadi reh sakti hoon, aapko dekhte hue", she said, dreamily, turning around and staring at the image of Maan.

"geet!", he yelled and she came out of her dream. She jumped up and looked around. She slowly moved her finger towards Maan's cheeks to pinch them. She wanted to confirm if he was standing there in person, or if she was dreaming again. She pinched his cheek hard and he yelled again, catching her hand.

"Tumhara dimaag kharaab ho gaya kya? What are you doing?", he asked her angrily.

"Oh you are in real, standing here?", she asked, stepping back, immediately.

"Geet, you have lost it completely. I wonder what you would do in your exams. Cant you see me standing right here? How could you think, you were dreaming?", he asked her.

"Nahin, who main' actually pata nahin. Nahin Nahin, sorry. Main chalti hoon", she said, trying to walk away, forgetting why she had come to the outhouse and forgetting about dinner.

He pulled her into his strong arms and looked at her. "Chodiye", she said.

"Nahin. Tum yahan aayi kyun thi?", he asked her.

"Pata nahin, mujhe yaad nahin hain", she said, trying to move his strong arms away from her waist.

"Kya? Geet, how can you not remember why you've come to the outhouse?", he asked, looking at her with a slight smile on his face.

"I dunno. Aap jaise dusht daanav ko dekhne ke baad main sab kuch bhool gayi", she said, looking away. She did not realize, she did not have any control over her words. She had no idea, what was coming to her mind, and what was coming out of her mouth. She just wanted to get out his hold and run away from his sight and hide somewhere, where she would never see him again and feel like, seeing him forever.

"Tumne mujhe dusht danav kahan?", he asked her, raising his tone, slightly.

"Haan! Ghalat nahin kahan maine", she said, looking into his eyes. "Itna dusht daanav hain aap. Itna pareshaan karke rakha hain".

"Accha?", he asked, realizing she was not in her senses.

"Haan!", she screamed.

Maan left her instantly and said, "Geet, please realize you have a voice that can bring down buildings and make people deaf. So, control your voice", he told, with a lopsided smile.

"And you control yourself. Why do you keep holding me always?", she asked, angrily, looking at the folds on her T-shirt that had come, because of his strong hold.

He was astonished. He rolled his eyes and said, "Geet tum koi angel nahin ho. Isiliye relax. Aur waise tumne pee rakhi hain? Do you realize what you are talking?"

"Haan! Maine pee rakhi hain", she said, walking away, to the mansion.

Maan looked at her for sometime and shook his head, irritated. "What is wrong with her?" he thought.

He walked into the outhouse and freshed up and walked into the dining room to meet up with his family.

"Arey Veerji, aap aa gaye?" asked Kiara, hugging Maan.

He hugged her back and then sat at the dinig table. "What is with this late night dinner plan?" he asked.

"Veerji, I wanted to have dinner with all of you today. But you as always came home late and ab tak Geet aayi hi nahin", she said, looking at the food. "Unfortunately the food is tempting me so much"

Maan understood that Geet had come to the outhouse to join everyone for dinner, but spoke non-sense and walked away.

"Let's start! She'll join", he said.

"Maan, that's not right. We called her for dinner and we start eating before she comes?", aksed Daadima angrily.

"Ab who nahin aayi tuo kya kare? Jaake usse apne bahon mein uta ke le aau kya, daadima?", he asked his Daadima, angrily, as she had got to lecturing him again, that too because of Geet.

Precap: " I've only believed in one thing all my life, every problem, has a solution and going into stress has never done any good to anyone "😉 

Who says it to whom and why??????????? Keep guessing, let me know, what your guesses  r...!!!!! 😆😆😆😆😆😲😲😲😲

thank you for the wonderful comments and thank you for clicking the like button. Makes my life easy while sending PM's. 😛😃

Those of you who have not recieved a Pm from me, but have clicked the LIKE button, please, add me to your buddy list. Dont forget.

Soumya

Edited by pickle6586 - 12 years ago
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
lovely update... loved the way geet spoke to maan... lovvvd it... continue soon... and im the first one to comment ...😊Edited by honeygrape - 12 years ago
-bansi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Amazing update soumya..!!
geet din know what she is keeping on blabbering thinking that she is dreaming of maan being there wen he is actually there..!!
loved the update..!!
update soon..!!
Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Great part...
Thanks for the PM
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update
i think the lines are told by maan to geet😆