Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Its been a long time and I am rekindling the old stories. I hope to catch up soon.

[THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Episode 96: Grief in Lanka

"If the son of Dasaratha, Baghawan Sri Ram is a truthful person, is an epitome of truth, if he is an incarnation set as an example to all the fourteen worlds, let this Astra, behead the egoistic son of Lanka!"

Lakshman, calm, composed and courageous fired the fatal arrow that severed Indrajeet's head.

"LAKSHMANAAAAA . . ." Inrajeet's voice faded away as his body deprived of arms and head fell upon the ground.

A severed hand fell on the decorated circle in the middle of an intricatel y designed room. Some maids serving in the palace came running to the spot. They were shocked to find a severed hand in the middle of the room. Scared, the went to inform their mistress who turned out to be Sulochana. They ran to her and she asked them, "What happened? Whay do you come running like this?"

"A warrior's hand has fallen nearby." all the maids were looking so bewildered. Sulochana's eyes widened in fear. "But it was my husband who had gone for war today . . ." Sulochana ran to the place with her maids following her. As she beheld the scene in front of her searching any recognizable marks on the hand, she potted the rings worn by the warrior.  Memories flashed before her eyes, they times she held her husband's hand and lovingly slid the same rings on her Lord's finger and his beautiful smile seeing her decorated hands decorate his own. The dreadful truth finally descended upon her. Her beautiful form shaking with sorrw, she realised, "That means, my husband had attained a warrior's end!" Thoguh her mind did not want to accept the fact, the proof was just in front of her. Tears, emotions, turmoil and sorrw welled up within her and overwhelmed her.  Her senses reeled and she fell fainting uponthe floor supported by her maids.

In the King's chambers, Ravan paced the floor with heavy feet. He looked like a dead man given the ability to get up and walk. Unseeing eyes stared back into the past when his son came to meet him before his death.  His ears seem to hear once again the last words of his first son. In his divine flying chariot, he stood in front of his father and said "But I have come to say something for Lanka and her Lord. Will you give up the lust for Sita which spells death to us all?" In total arrogance, he had scorned those words. His son still tried to explain. "The one who has come is not an ordinary human. He is the ruler of the fourteen worlds, Lord Narayana!" No matter how strongly he wished his son was still standing before him, Indrajeet will only be a memeory henceforth.  Mandodari overflowing with grief came to her husband.

"Why this silence? Why is the thunder  so silent? No matter how many times you call or plead, our first born son will not come to bow to your feet." Mandodari could not contain her grief. She knew this would happen but as a mother she could do nothing to protect even her last living son. She could not bear this anymore and directed all her darts of sorrow and grief at her husband. "The dreadful silence that prevails in Lanka surmises the destruction of the Royal Family of Lanka. Mandodari sobs with renewed grief. But the Lord of Lanka stood still as a statue. Not an emotion crossed his face. He did not show his grief if he felt any. He did not move or speak. He neither objected to his wife's words. Perhaps he accepted that it was his fault his son had died, perhaps  he still could not digest or accept the fact his son was gone. "How many times did our son Indrajeet explain? He told you to surrender to Ram. He said that Ram was God incarnate. Did you even listen to his words? He wanted to save Lanka from destruction." Ravan still stood rooted to the spot. Mandodari walked around her husband telling him all that she had kept within herself so long. It was as if Mandodari was accusing Ravan from all directions. "Our son who scattered his enemies over all 8 directions, is not with us now, Swamy. No one hear the roar of Meghanaada who used to roar like a lion in the battle field. The prevailing silence speaks of the fact that my son whom I nurtured with milk and honey will never ever come to me calling me 'Mother!" Mondodari seems like she will burst with sorrow but the Lord of Lanka stood as firm as Mt. Kailash without any emoiton. "If you had ever casted away your arrogance and heded his words, he would have been alive now. But you never listened to his words and he listend to yours and went to the battlefield. Meghanaada has fulfilled a son's duty to his father. But you, O King, have failed to uphold the duty of a father. You live in a shroud of egoism and think low of everyone else. You have taken our homeland Lanka into a path of destruction. only one thing is left. Let your hands that have destroyed everything wipe of my kumkum as well.  You will get the name that Ravan who had learned the four Vedas, abducted another's wife, the Lady Sita and deprived his wife of all things auspicious.  Even if all of Lanka has been destroyed, your name, the name of the one who is so adamant will prevail." Mandodari walks away from the still form of Ravan.

Sulochana caressed her husband's hand in her own chambers. "I realise that the hand in my palms is my husband's. I cannot believe that this has happened. If my love for my husband is true, let this hand write what had happened to him "

Tearfully she placed the hand near on a small table alongside a scroll. She placed a pen in her huband's palm. As Sulochana watched, the hand grasped the quill and began to write on the scroll.  Indrajeet's hand wrote his last farewell message to his beloved wife before becoming still once again.  Sulochana picked up the letter and read it.

"My death was by Lakshman's hand. My lovely Sulochana, I was not able to finish my worship and sacrifice. It was completely destroyed. My strength decreased but the enemy's strength increased.  I gifted my life to Lakshman's arrows.  I entrust myself to Ram, Sulochana. Forgive me Sulochana,  I depart from you thus.

Tears streaming down her face, Sulochana held her beloved husband's last message to her bossom.  "My husband was the one who defeated the great Indra who travels on the Airavatha. But today an ordinary human being had vanquished my lord. To uphold your father's word you took it upon yourself to finish the task assigned to you but you sacrificed yourself. May your fame live long. May your fame last as long as the world exists."

Will be continued...
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
[THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Episode 96 - Part 2

The Vanara camp resounded with shouts of joy and praises  of Lakshman.  The victorious party reached Lord Ram's tent. He was already awaiting the return of the victoripus warriors.  The Vanaras had also brought Indrajeet's body form the battlefield.  King Sugreev bowed to Ram, greeted him with the words, " Vaazhga umaadhu pugazh! Your brother has won today's war.  In the fierce battle, he won over Ravan's son Indrajeet."

"Maharaj Sugreev, your Vanara Army has has more share in today's victory." Lakshman and Vibhishan stand beside Ram. "Without the Vanaras' help thisvictory would not have reached us." The Vanara warriors were overwhelmed to be praised thus by their Lord.  Lakshman, brimming with happiness, fell at his brother's feet. Lord Ram lifted him with both his hands and said, " I am so proud of you.  Just now Maharaj Sugreev was ..." Lakshman interrupts him, "Brother, it was all by your grace." Ram is very much pleased with his brother. "Lakshman, humility is a warrior's grace. But this victory would not have been possible without Maharaj Vibhishan." Lakshman praises Indrajeet's bravery and says that if he had finished his sacrifice he would have become invincible. Not one of them claims to be entirely responsible for the victory. Each one deems the other more worthy of the honour. Vibhishan warns them that Ravan would have become delirious on hearing the news of his son's death. He would be very dangerous as no one can predict what he would do next.

Jambavan says that Indrajeet had even bested Lakshman once. He also says that they have authority over the carcass and to mutilate it before throwing it to the flames. Ram is aghast at this statement and says, "When Indrajeet was alive, he was an enemy to all. When the enemy dies, the enemity should die with him. We who are brave warriors should not disrespect another brave warrior. The rights to perform the funeral always belongs to his family. This brave warrior Indrajeet has sacrificed his life to fulfil his promise to his father. His body should be given back to his father." 

Ram was always a person who respected and honoured the brave. He shrouded Indrajeet's body with his own angavastra. He also told Hanuman to take the body to the gates of Lanka and gave him further instructions.  Seeing them leave Vibhishan feels sad and Ram comforts his friend.  Hanuman submits Indrajeet's body to the demon warriors and says that his Lord had said that there will be no fighting till the last rites are done.  The demons praise Ram for his compassion even on his enemies. The demon warriors hasten to scatter the crowd and take their prince's body to the palace after shrouding him with a rich garment.

In the mourning chambers of Lanka, Indrajeet's body has been prepared with flowers and garlands. Ravan lifts up the veil and grives over his son. His sorrow knows no bounds.  His first born son had died. Ravan's screams echoed throught the hall.  In grief and anger he furiously swore that he'd destroy Ram and Lakshman and the Vanaras.  Maya (Mandodari's father) tries to comfort him and advises that he give up Sita at least now so that his son's soul may rest in peace. Ravan was so angry on hearing this advice again he decided to end it all by killing Sita himself.  Maya stops him yet again. Ravan though thoroughly irritated at this gesture diverts all his anger towards his enemies.

The sun rises beginning yet another day. Ram sits facing East meditating with Lakshman guarding his brother from any harm.  From the skies Sage Agasthya descends and walks towards Ram.  Ram and Lakshman fall at the sage's feet. Ram offers Sage Agasthya his seat and sat in front of the sage. Sage Agasthya tells Ram that Ravan is a mighty warrior and he too posseses all the wepons ram has. Ravan was to perform a yaaga that would give him more power. Hence the Gods sent Sage Agasthya to teach Ram the Aditya Hrudaya Stotra.  The sage leads Ram to meditate on the Sun God and initiated Ram to say the Aditya Hrudaya Stotra after telling him about the benefits.

Mandodari was crying in her chambers and Shurpanakha was tring to console her.  Not very long ago, there was always happiness in Lanka. There would be music, laughter and victorious shouts all throughout the day. But now, only the wails of women are heard. "Its all because of you only cries of grief are heard these days." Mandodari pours out her feelings in torrents.  She drags Shurpanakha to the chamber where women in white cried for their dear departed. "Because of you every mother has lost her son. Every wife has lost her husband. The reason for all this is you." She then drags Shupanakha to the dining hall. "Look well, Shupanakha. All our relatives would come together to eat here. There was so much happiness those days. But now there is nothing here. You alone are responsible for this. See, the places are set for the members of the royal family to eat. The food is also ready but there is no one to eat the food prepared. The Lord of Lanka has never cried. But every day, he cries within his heart. We can never hear his booming laughs anymore. Tomorrow when the Sun rises and the conch blows, our king will go to war." Mandodari could not say the next line "He won't come back" Shurpanakha tearfully begs forgiveness.

In Ayodhya, Kausalya is too restless. Sumitra and Kaikeyi visit her and inquire why she hasn't slept yet. Kaushalya is worried about Sita. Ever since she heard that Ravan had kidnapped her daughter in lay, she had been worried about the fate of her son and his family in the futre. Even if Ram wins the war, Sita wont be safe from the people. Kaikeyi blames herself for all that had happened. Kausalya comforts her.

A strange glow in the sky coming towards the Vanara camp. Angad wonders if this is one of Ravan's tricks.
Edited by Vibhishna - 13 years ago
maheskdm thumbnail
i want to download tamil ramayanam serial.please send download links to

please plz plz

Moderators note - Post edited for proving personal details.

Edited by Aahaana - 13 years ago
Daffodilee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hey i dont watch ramayan often but i watched last week cant belive gurmeet acted as ram . wow i never going to miss this . between he is now acting in geet how came he does ramayan . is it a retelecast of original version? anyways love to watch gurmeet as ram
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Anu,

The original version in Hindi was telecasted in NDTV and ended last summer 2009. Sun tv is behind the schedule due to dubbing etc😛

Guru is just acting in Geet now😉

Edited by Aahaana - 13 years ago