Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: shahrukh_divya

dam...!!grace wht an update it was...phew its was too lng bt i luved it...!!! prem heer scenes wer awsum...both fight n romance...!! hope evrythin between gay3 n heer goes...well...n if prem cums to noe...for gods sake he sud nt react..>!! awsum...do update asap...thx for da pm..!!

Glad you liked both the fight and romance scenes.  I find it hard to write fight scenes properly.  Thanks so much for commenting! πŸ˜ƒ 

Originally posted by: sonia7

me*

aww again great update
loved prem heer romances 
aww poor heer got sick 
lovely update
cant wait for the next update
and see how gay3 will welcome heer into her mansion lol
update soon
thanks for the pm😊

Hehe...what will Gayatri do?  Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: Aymee

Loved the update Grace.

PH romance was very cute.  I really liked this part the most:

He lifted his head when he heard Heer come back down the stairs and sat up when he saw her holding her jacket.  "Please tell me you have that jacket in your hand because I didn't meet my fifteen minutes."

I couldn't stop laughing.  Poor Prem πŸ˜†

I can't believe Heer is going to talk to Gayatri.  I hope their meeting goes well.  I will hate to see Heer end up getting hurt.  Gayatri should accept Heer as her bahu now.  I really hope Prem doesn't get mad at her also.  Their recent argument was a bit sad.  But I was glad they made up real quickly.

Thank you for the PM.  Sorry for my comments being short.  I really did like this chapter but I am in a little bit of hurry.  I can't wait to read your next chapter.

Hi Lisa!  What are talking about this comment being short?  I always appreciate how long your comments are.  Yeah, poor Prem such a lovesick puppy πŸ˜†.  Thanks for taking the time to comment dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: soapsick

you know what, regardless of what happened, this is the first time I disagree with the Prem you have here, she is his mother! Heer's character is commendable though! Just the way I'd wanted her to be 😊 I can't wait to find out what G's problem is! Loved this chapter btw, these two are perfect!! πŸ˜ƒ

Hehe...PJ can't be prefect all the time.  He's gotta have his flaws.  Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: brainychild92

interesting....   i like....  cant wait for gay3-heer confrontation! and then prem's reaction1!!! continue soon

Confrontation coming real soon πŸ˜› Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by iheartChai - 13 years ago
iheartChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: moon_mine

it's jst awesome!!!!!!

lovd it!!!!!
so finally heer's gong to meet gayatri!!!!!
i lovd the reason y heer s so desperate to make heer n prem unite!!!!!
really her thnkng s absolutely ryt!!!!

Yeah, now it's Prem's turn to forgive sort of...hehe...family relations are always so messy sometimes.  Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: premdesh

awesome update.

heer's thoughts on futureπŸ‘πŸΌ
plz update asappp

Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: anuu2010

awesome update
premeer romance i loved it
heer going to meet gayathri nice
waiting for gaythri -heer confrontation
thanks for pm
update soon waiting for next part

Gayatri "evil mother-in-law" confrontation coming soon πŸ˜› Thanks for commenting! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: -Jyo-

Loved this part

Premeer scenes were awesome
Naughy prem.........................& all his plan went to vein
Ow heer blamed prem for falling sick
1st premeer argument...........prem concerned abt heers health............Heer worried abt prems mother.........u narated all these very well
Nw i am waiting to see wt ll G mom reaction aft seeing heer infront of her
Thanx for pm, continue soon.............................

Yeah, Prem is so naughty but that's what makes us love him more, nah? 😳  Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: NIMMY

loved it

PH romance was so romantic thank u 4 tht
Heer got sick, 'Prem taking care of her
loved it
G3's entry well she remain silent but see the affect of her presence
Premeer's fight
heer is so adamnt abt that .........
Hope g3 is not the one who creates troubles again in between them

I try with PH romances 😳 Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: pwincess1

great

loved prem and his caring
dont be sorry about a long update as we want longer updatesπŸ˜†so we should be saying thanx
cant wait to see what Gayatri will say
sorry, im not really sure on how to give a long comment
but i seriously loves it

Aww, thanks about the long updates.  Sometimes I just start writing and the next thing I know I've got all these pages πŸ˜†  Thanks for commenting dear! πŸ˜ƒ
iheartChai thumbnail
Thanks for all those that Commented and/or Hit the Like Button! πŸ˜ƒ

Was on a roll with this current track line and ended up writing the next Part pretty quickly...so here you go guys πŸ˜‰  It's another long one πŸ˜›

Part 15: Impressions

Gayatri Juneja sat in her office checking her investment portfolio on her laptop making sure the changes she had request had been made properly.  She smiled proudly at herself that her predictions of how the market was reacting was right.  She glanced at the picture frame on the desk and gave a thankful grin at her late husband's face.  He had taught her how to study the market, anticipate changes, and understand stocks and bonds so she could handle the financials even without him there.   She wasn't the stereotypical millionaire's housewife that most would think of; the ones that would just sit at home all day and waste their husband's money by going on lavish shopping sprees or dinning at fine restaurants all the time.  She was anything but a housewife.  She held a Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Education and had a successful career in teaching.  She taught first grade at one of the local public schools.  She was very good at her work and had even won teacher of the year once for her district. 

Her eyes shifted over to the young man standing to the right of her husband.  Prem had only turned sixteen at the time the family portrait was taken.  She smiled to herself recalling those happy moments of being a family.  It wasn't long after the portrait shooting that Lalit met with a tragic car accident taking him away from the two people that he always said meant the most to him.  Gayatri was beside herself with grief and the lawyers where always requesting for her time so they could explain to her some of the finer details of some of her husband's business ventures.  She knew about some and there where others she had no clue where happening.  She knew how to take care of the basic home finances so she wasn't worried about that but being suddenly thrust into the corporate world was a bit much for her to take especially since she was still trying to grieve for her own husband's death.  Family was there to help of course during this hectic time making sure the house was cleaned, funeral preparations were being made, and Prem was being taken care of while she was out discussing business matters.

Somehow she made it through and sold businesses that needed to be sold, closed real estate deals that needed to be closed, and continued to hold corporate stock at three of their businesses.  But while she was busy taking care of the financial needs Prem seemed to have slipped through the cracks.  He was at that junction where hormones were running high as he went through all the physical and emotional changes of a growing teenager who was stuck in the middle; no longer a child but not yet an adult.  He was irritable and wanted to be left alone so he could hang out with his friends.  She was extremely worried but he had built this huge wall around himself that even his closets cousins couldn't touch him.  His teachers were concern too seeing a straight "A" student suddenly drop down into the "C" range had set off red flags for them.  They knew his father's death had hit him hard and having to deal with the usual hormonal teenage drama and peer pressures at school just compounded his issues.  He was getting into fights at school, sneaking out to party with his friends and coming home at odd hours of the night.  Gayatri didn't know what to do because no matter what she said he simply wasn't listening.  Then when she thought all hope had been lost, a few months after his seventeenth birthday he changed.  He was back to the Prem that she recognized.  He started studying again and got his grades back up.  He was researching schools and preparing himself for the college entrance exam.  He apologized to her for his past behavior and how he had hurt her so much and promised he wouldn't let her or his father down again like that.  Gayatri was so thankful to have her son again and perhaps part of her rather possessive and guarded behavior she later developed over her son was because she had nearly lost him once.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the phone started ringing on the office desk.  She picked it up and greeted, "Hello Maggie.  Yes, I'll be there at the community meeting.  Of course I'm looking forward to it.  I'll see you soon."  She gathered some papers from off the desk and placed them into a folder that she would be taking to the meeting.  After her husband's death Gayatri had set up a foundation in his name and now that she had retired from teaching she spent most of her time working on the foundation and making sure the businesses they owned were functioning properly.  She checked the clock on the wall noting the time as she didn't want to be late for the meeting.  Just as she was walking across the living room, the door bell suddenly rang.  She wondered who it could be as she wasn't expecting any visitors.  She glanced through the peep hole and was slightly taken aback at the person standing on the other side.  She never thought she would be seeing her again after their encounter at CVS.

Gayatri found herself doing the polite thing and opened the door.  She was rather curious to see what her son's fiance wanted.  She remembered how hurt she was when she received the news from her sister Madhuri that Prem had called her to inform the family that he had proposed to Heer and she had accepted.  It wasn't until then did she really feel the weight of the separation between herself and her only child.  He had stormed off 8 months ago angry at her for "ruining his life" as he had put it and he wanted to put an end to "all the nonsense" that had been happening in the past four years.  She was livid at his lack of respect in talking to her in that way and in that tone.  She had given everything to him to ensure he would have a happy and successful marriage with Roshni but he had simply ignored her efforts. 

"Hi Auntie," Heer greeted her.  "I'm sorry I just dropped by like this but I was wondering if you're not too busy if I could have a few moments of your time?"

Gayatri gave a simple nod and moved to the side to let Heer in.  She closed the door and then led Heer into the living room.  "I'll be back with some tea," she said and left.

Heer sat nervously on the couch and scanned the room.  Nothing had really changed since the last time she had visited the place except for a few picture frames and a couple odd knickknacks.  She glanced over by the archway that led out to the back patio and remembered there use to be a stand that held a vase of flowers there.  On her very first visit she had been so distracted at looking around the room that she had accidently bumped into the stand causing the vase to fall over onto the floor.  Gayatri wasn't too pleased that one of her favorite vases had broken.  Heer felt horrible and tried cleaning it up but Gayatri sternly told her to leave it and that she would take care of it.  Gayatri ended up cutting her hand which made her feel even worse.  Heer's mind wondered briefly if from that incident was when Gayatri started disliking her.  Her attention was drawn back to the present when she heard the sound of Gayatri's footsteps entering the living room again.

"Sugar?" Gayatri asked.

Heer noticed how there wasn't any honey on the serving tray but did the polite thing and accepted what was offered to her.  "Yes please."

"Milk?" Gayatri asked.

"No thank you," Heer replied. 

"Lemon?" Gayatri inquired.

"Yes, thank you," Heer said and then took the cup and saucer from her hands.

Gayatri fixed herself a cup of tea and then sat in the armchair facing the kitchen.  She gingerly sipped her tea and then gave an inquiring look at Heer.  She noted how she wasn't the same skinny little girl that she had remembered her to be not that she wasn't still thin.  She had filled out and developed curves; maturing into a very beautiful woman.  She wondered if there were any other changes besides the physical ones that had occurred as well.  "Are you going to tell me what you want?  I've invited you in for tea," Gayatri said breaking the ice as Heer seemed to be too nervous to say anything.  "You told me a few minutes of my time."  She briefly glanced at the clock on the wall to check the time and returned her gaze at Heer.  

"Oh, I'm sorry," Heer apologized.  This was turning out to be a lot harder than she thought.  She really didn't know what to say but then thought to herself to just keep it short and simple.  "I'm here to tell you that Prem proposed to me and I've accepted it.  We're engaged."

Gayatri's eyebrows flexed, "You came all the way here to tell me that?"  Heer didn't know how to respond and simply nodded her head.  "I know that already my sister told me.  And judging by the ring you're wearing on your finger it's a bit obvious.  Is there anything else?"

"I love your son very much," Heer said.  "I promise to take good care of him."  She looked at the elderly woman and wondered how she was taking all of this.

Gayatri gave a slight snicker, "Funny thing to mention my son.  According to him I'm no longer his mother."  Heer looked on in alarm afraid that she had perhaps hit a nerve with the woman and the conversation was soon going to take a downward spiral.  "What is it that you do now?" she asked suddenly.

"Um, I'm a writer...journalist...I'm the associate editor at The Chronicle.  I mainly focus on political news," Heer replied.  "I'm thinking of moving away from newspapers to magazine work...it's a little less stressful so I've been doing some freelance work to build my repertoire."

The room turned silent again as the two women just sat and politely sipped tea.  Gayatri was mildly surprised to hear about Heer's career.  She recalled when she had first met her that she seemed utterly clueless in what she wanted to do.  She gave a vague answer that she liked writing and wanted to do something involving that but gave no further specifics.  Prem had known from the start what he wanted to do when he had entered college and made sure he took the necessary classes to ensure he reached his goals.  Gayatri held a skeptical eye that this girl could possibly be her son's future life partner.  They seemed very different.  He had goals and a sense of direction in his life while she was immature and carefree about her status. 

Besides these factors she had to be concern over the real motives of why this nineteen year old girl was dating someone five years her senior instead of someone closer to her own age bracket.  Despite her and her husband's efforts to make sure Prem led a normal life it wasn't hard for others to find out that he was a millionaire's son.  The media was constantly reporting Lalit's business adventures; his successes as well as some of his failures.  This of course attracted a fair share of ogling gold digging admires for her son.  He was very handsome and he was set to inherit a lot of money.  She was always a bit worried that he would somehow fall in love with one these gold diggers and be completely blinded by the truth of the matter until it was too late.  That's why she looked into her and Lalit's inner circle of friends to look for a daughter-in-law she could trust.  She found Roshni Patel to be a talented young lady who had career goals and really had many of the same qualities that Prem possessed.  She thought she was a more suitable match than the nineteen year old girl that he seemed to be infatuated with.  When she saw that their relationship was slowly cracking she took the initiative to explain to her son why their relationship would never work out and advised him to break it off.  She was elated when he took her advice and quickly set up an engagement between him and Roshni.

Little did she know the effect it would have on him.  Her over protectiveness rose to extreme heights when he came to her regretting his decision over breaking up with Heer.  He wanted to go back to her.  She panicked that her worst fears where possibly coming true.  She couldn't understand how Heer Maan had affected him so.  Did she regret some of the actions she took?  She did but they were choices that had to be made at the time.  Gayatri gently glanced over at the woman sitting on the couch and wondered if she could really be a good daughter-in-law for the family and a good wife for her son.

"The real reason why I'm here is to ask for you blessing," Heer said deciding to cut to the chase since the conversation was going at a snail crawling pace.  "I know we should have called you to tell you first and I'm here to apologize for our mistake."

Gayatri's eyes darted up the wall at the clock and sighed.  "So you came here to apologize for something that's already been done?  Does Prem know you're here?" she asked looking at her.

Heer contemplated briefly if she should say anything or just lie.  She decided to choose the former.  "No, he doesn't know I came here to speak with you today.  He's out of town at a conference."

"So you are sneaking behind your future husband's back?" Gayatri inquired. 

"That's not what this is about," Heer replied.

"It isn't?" Gayatri answered.  "How is that not an issue in a relationship?"

"I've talked to Prem about this and he opted not to come so I decide on my own to come speak to you because it is the right thing to do," Heer said.  "I'm apologizing on my and his behalf and we would really appreciate your blessings for our marriage." Heer frowned inwardly as she kept noticing the way Gayatri kept checking the clock on wall as if spending time with her was some sort of torturous event.  It was starting to irritate her.

"If he doesn't consider me his mother anymore I don't see why it is even necessary to seek my blessings.  But if it makes you feel any better I'll at least accept your apology."  Gayatri placed her tea cup on the table.  "Well, is that all?" she asked and got up.

Heer realized it was best to let things end like this.  There was no real happy resolution but she never really expected there to be one.  And with the way Gayatri was acting it wasn't like she particularly enjoyed her company so she placed the tea cup on the table and did the polite thing.  "Thank you for your time and the tea Auntie," Heer said and got up from the couch.  Without saying anything further Gayatri saw her out.  Once Heer heard the front door close behind her and she took a deep breath feeling glad it was finally over.  She felt exhausted and bit lightheaded.  She knew she needed to go home and take a nice nap.

Gayatri quickly cleared the living room table putting the unused tea condiments away and washed the tea pot and tea cups.  She glanced at the clock on the microwave to check her time before gathering her things from the office.  She made a quick call to Maggie to tell her that she would probably be a few minutes late and hurriedly walked to the entrance way.  She opened the front door ready to head straight to her car when she suddenly stopped in shock at the passed out figure lying on the ground.  "Oh dear, just great," she mumbled and made a call to 911.

With the help of the dispatcher Gayatri took Heer's pulse and found it was rather low.  She did everything as the 911 operator instructed her to do until the ambulance was able to arrive.  Gayatri crouched down on the floor and held Heer's hand while waiting impatiently wondering when the ambulance was going to arrive.  She was relieved when she heard the sirens and saw two uniform paramedics rolling a stretcher towards them.  "Ma'am we have room in the back if you would like to ride along.  I'm sure when your daughter comes to she'll want to see a familiar face," one of the paramedics offered.

"She's not my daughter," Gayatri corrected.

"Oh, sorry about that," he apologized.

"But I'll ride in the back," Gayatri said and followed him to the ambulance.

Once at the hospital Heer was taken away to be examined by the doctors and Gayatri was left to pace back and forth in the waiting room.  She didn't really know what to do and who she should call.  She didn't know any of Heer's friends or family and didn't know how to get in touch with them.  She knew better than to call Prem.  He'd jump to some strange conclusion and more than likely blame her for the cause.  She sighed and decided to wait on the doctors prognosis; if it wasn't serious than there was no reason to alarm anyone.  "Mrs. Maan?" a nurse called out.  Gayatri grimaced at being addressed this way but turned her attention towards the nurse.  "I'm actually Mrs. Juneja," she corrected.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the nurse replied.

"It's okay.  I've been called that quite a few times today," Gayatri replied.

"So you're a friend of family then?" the nurse asked.

Gayatri realized that she wouldn't be able to find out anything if she didn't somehow make them think she was related.  "She's my son's fiance," she found herself explaining.

"Oh, future daughter-in-law.  Well, we've put her in a room.  The doctor should be coming shortly to speak with you," the nurse said with a comforting tone.  "Come, I'll take you to her room."

Gayatri followed along and found herself standing in front of a white door with a large embedded window.  She could see through the glass that Heer was still passed out lying in the hospital bed.  The nurse gave her a reassuring touch on her shoulder and opened the door for her.  Gayatri gave a faint smile and walked in.  As she came closer she saw that Heer was hooked up to an I.V. bag on her left arm.  She spied the diamond engagement ring as it sparkled lightly in the room and walked over for a closer inspection.  She had to admit to herself that it was quite beautiful and gently admired her son's taste.  She then glanced at the sleeping form of the woman lying in the bed trying to figure out what exactly was so special about her.

Heer gently stirred in her sleep her fingers fidgeting as she returned from the darkness that had suddenly enveloped her.  She felt a strange warmth covering her hand and slowly opened her eyes to see a blurred figure hovering over her.  "Prem?" she called as she blinked several times.  Her eyes adjusted to the dim light of the room and her vision came back into focus to see Gayatri.  Heer's eyes darted to her surroundings and then back to Gayatri's face.  "Where am I?  What happened?" she said as she tried sitting up.

"Lie down," Gayatri commanded.  Heer glanced to her left wondering why her arm hurt and saw that she was hooked to an I.V. bag.  "You're in the hospital.  You fainted," Gayatri continued to explain.

"I fainted?" Heer repeated and lifted her right hand to her forehead.  She looked down to see Gayatri's hand on the bed where her hand had been and realized the warmth she had felt earlier had been her hand.  Without any real thought to what she was saying Heer apologized, "I'm sorry."

"As you should be..." Gayatri said but before she could finish her sentence the doctor walked through the door.

"How are you feeling Ms. Maan?" the doctor asked.  "I'm Dr. Gupta."

"Okay," Heer replied.

He smiled, "Well, we've got back your test results and you're fine.  Your blood sugar was a little low which is way you probably felt a little faint and tired today?"  Heer gave a slight nod that he was right in his analysis.  "So, we put you on this I.V. drip to help stabilize your blood sugar.  Take it easy for the next couple of days.  If you feel faint again make sure to eat a little snack like cheese and crackers or even having a simple glass of apple juice will help stabilize your blood sugar.  Your low blood sugar resulted in your blood pressure dropping so you ending up fainting this afternoon.  But you'll be fine, don't worry."

"Thanks Dr. Gupta," Heer said.

"Don't thank me.  Just doing what I'm supposed to.  Once this I.V. is finished you'll be able to check out.  And by the way you may want to contact an obstetrician if you don't already have an OBGYN."

Heer's eyes widen and she swallowed nervously, "Excuse me?"

"Congratulations your two weeks pregnant," he announced smiling brightly.

Heer stared at him in shock as her mind went racing thinking it wasn't possible.  "Bbbut we've...we've been really careful...I'm on birth control and he uses protection."

"Well, like they say not everything is one hundred percent.  You forget to take your pill one time, the condom wasn't put on correctly, the condom falls off, you have an oops moment...and even with birth control it is still possible to get pregnant...and condoms are only really effective 99% of the time...there is still that 1% of something happening," Dr. Gupta explained.  "We have some pamphlets and brochures out in the front lobby that you are free to take and they explain some of the basics of prenatal care and general recommendations.  But its best to schedule an appointment with your doctor so a personalized plan can be made to ensure you have a safe and health pregnancy."  Heer continued to stare at him in shock while Gayatri stood there quietly contemplating the matter.  Dr. Gupta was use to seeing such reactions as most unexpected announcements like these had varying results and was rather thankful this one was a slightly more happy one.  "Well, ladies it's been a pleasure.  The nurse will be back to take care of your I.V."

"Thanks Dr. Gupta," Heer managed to say before he left.  She continued to lay there wondering how she was going to break it to Prem that she was pregnant and how he was going to take the news.  Would he be happy, sad, or angry?  Lost in her own thoughts she had completely forgotten the other person in the room until she spoke.  "A baby before the wedding, huh?" Gayatri sighed. "Well, I have to make a phone call..."

"You're upset aren't you?" Heer started.  "This wasn't supposed to happen.  We didn't plan this.  I didn't plan this...this isn't the reason why we're getting married..."

"I know I heard what the doctor said," Gayatri replied.

"Are you thinking I'm doing this on purpose to keep your son so he has to marry me?" Heer asked.  She didn't know why she was even asking such a stupid question.  The words had left her mouth before she was able to stop them.

Gayatri stared at her arching her eyebrow.  "That thought never crossed my mind.  And I can't give you enough credit for thinking of such a thing.  I'm just the evil mother-in-law I suppose," she said curtly and then got up.  "I have to go make that phone call.  Because of your fainting spell I missed the community meeting.  I am sure you can find your own way home.  Please pick up your car by tomorrow."

When Heer heard the door close shut she puffed her cheeks out and then let the air out of her mouth realizing that she had just completely insulted Gayatri with her thoughtless words.  "Why did I have to go and say that?" Heer said to herself in frustration.  "I'm such an idiot."

Prem was ecstatic to be home again as he opened the front door and dumped his travel bag on the floor.  The two day conference had been extremely boring.  "Heer, I'm home!" he yelled.  He was expecting an enthusiastic response but all he got was silence.  "Heer?" he called again.  When no one responded for the second time he started wondering around the house looking for her but he ended up back where he started a bit perplexed at her whereabouts.  "Her car's out in the driveway.  Maybe she went for a jog around the neighborhood?" he mumbled to himself as he scratched his head.  He heard his stomach gurgle reminding him that it was hungry.  He went to the kitchen to get himself a snack and noticed the answering machine was blinking with one message in its voicemail box.  Prem pressed the play button and went about fixing his snack.  When he heard the voice on the either end he immediately froze.

"Heer, this is Gayatri.  I think we need to talk about what happened yesterday.  Call me back when you get this message.  And it's best you don't tell Prem about this either."

Prem furrowed his eyebrows wondering what had happened while he was away and why Heer was keeping things from him.  When he had called home she sounded perfectly normal and made no mention of his mother.  His mind was racing thinking of all the possible situations that could have occurred.  Was it possible that Heer ran into his mother again?  Did his mother go looking for her?  Did Heer go behind his back and went to meet his mother?  He was pulled out his thoughts when the house phone started ringing.  He stared at it wondering if it was possible that his mother was on the other end.  He gently picked up the cordless and greeted the caller, "Hello?"

"Hello this is Orange County Medical calling.  Is Ms. Heer Maan available?" the voice on the other line asked.

Prem's eyes widen, "Um, she's not available right now.  Can I take a message?"

"We were just calling to tell her that we've found her cell phone.  She can stop by the emergency room's reception desk and ask to speak with Jennifer," the voice replied.

"Um, okay I'll do that.  Thank you," Prem replied and hung up the phone.  Now he was really curious as to what happened and what other things Heer seemed to be neglecting to tell him.  He heard the front door open and Heer's bubbly voice greeting him.  Prem decided to act as normal as he could and see how long it would take before she'd tell him what was going on.  "Where were you?" Prem simply greeted when she came into the kitchen smiling brightly at him.

"Sorry, I went for a walk and lost track of time," Heer replied and let her eyes causally glance over to the answering machine.

"Expecting a message?" Prem asked as he continued to make himself a sandwich.

"Oh, no...not really," Heer replied a bit surprised that she had been caught.  She then came over and gave him kiss on the check.  "So, how was the conference?"

"Boring," Prem simply replied.  "So anything exciting happened while I was away?"

Heer shook her head, "Nope nothing exciting."

Prem took his finished plate and walked into the living room.  He turned on the television and plopped down on the couch with his legs resting on the coffee table.  He felt himself becoming angry at the way she was acting; completely normal and not a hint of nervous worry that she was hiding something from him.  Heer sat next to him on the couch and crossed one of her legs with his as an affectionate gesture.  "Not right now Heer.  My legs are a bit sore from all the walking and standing we did," Prem replied slightly annoyed.

"Oh, sorry," Heer quietly answered and removed her leg.

They sat there watching TV for some time.  Prem made quick glances towards Heer's direction when she laughed at a joke that had been said or made a light comment about something happening in the programming.  Her behavior was starting to rub at him and he tried clenching his left fist to calm himself.  But he found the more he kept silent the more upset he was getting.  He reached for the remote and suddenly shut the TV off.

"Prem, I was watching that," Heer replied a bit miffed.

Prem's jaw clenched as he felt his temperature rise.  The comment had sent him over the edge and he stood up. "You have no right to be angry at me."

Heer stared at him wondering why he was suddenly getting upset.  "What's bothering you?"

"What's bothering me?" Prem repeated.  "When were you going to tell me about my mother?"

"What are talking about?" Heer replied innocently.

"Don't play dumb Heer.  She left a message on the answering machine.  Did something happen yesterday that you want to tell me about?  Or were you going to keep this secret just between you and her?  Did she do something to you?" Prem ranted.

Heer's face went pale.  "She left a message?"

"Yes, she wanted to meet you again to talk about what happened yesterday.  And said she wanted to keep it a secret like the other time.  So what other time?  And why did the hospital call to say they found your cell phone?" Prem asked.  "Didn't I tell you to leave her alone?  Or did she come looking for you?  Why won't you answer any of my questions?"

Heer sat there a bit flabbergasted by all the questions he was throwing at her.  "Because you're asking some many I can't answer all of them at once," she yelled.

"Fine.  Question number one.  Why didn't you tell me anything that was going on?  I call and you'd say everything was fine and you were acting all normal," Prem said.

"Because I didn't want you freaking out...like what you are doing now," Heer replied defensively.

"Well, I wouldn't be freaking out right now if you told me something instead of me coming home to find a message left from my mother on the answering machine and me answering a phone call from the hospital asking to speak to you.  You know my heart just about stopped when the lady on the phone said Orange County Medical," Prem said.  "So she hurt you or something?  Stand up."

"No, I'm not going to stand up.  Do you know how ridiculous you sound?  She's what...almost 60?...65 years old?...and you think she tried hurting me?" Heer answered.

"Then what's with all these secret meetings?" Prem heatedly asked.

"There aren't any secret meetings.  It was one meeting...I went over to her..." Heer stopped in mid sentence realizing what she had just divulged.

"Oooh, you went over to her house when I specifically told you not to?" Prem asked.  "Why did you disobey me?  I told you not go.  Did you get your answer?  She insulted you didn't she?"

"Disobey?" Heer repeated and got up from the couch.  "Since when do I have to start following everything you say?  I may be becoming your wife but that does not mean I'm some property or thing you can keep and order around."

Prem's face twitched a little when he realized he had used the wrong word.  He shook his head trying to apologize.  "That's not what I meant.  I used the wrong word."

"It doesn't matter what word you use it still means the same.  I'm my own person and I can do as I want.  If I wanted to go and visit your mother I think I have every right to do so.  I didn't tell you because I knew you get all bent out of shape and start pitching a fit about it.  And no she did not insult me or hit me or do anything to me."

"Then why does she want another meeting?  And why were you at the hospital?" Prem asked.

"I don't know why she wants another meeting." Heer replied.

"Ooh, really?" Prem sarcastically answered.

"Yes, really," Heer curtly said.  She knew this argument was extremely bad for her and the baby and just wanted it to end. 

"And the hospital?  You just decided to visit there out of the blue?" Prem mocked.

"No, I'm pregnant you idiot!" Heer yelled quickly with frustration. 

"Very funny," Prem replied not believing what she was saying.  "Sure how can I trust someone who's been lying to me for two whole days?"

"I'm not being funny," Heer replied rather sullenly.  This was not how she was expecting to tell him about their baby.  "I really am pregnant, Prem."

He gave a twitchy half grin and repeated, "Pregnant...heh..." and then suddenly fainted.

"Just great!" Heer sighed to herself as she threw her hands up in defeat staring at the body on the living room rug.  "The reaction every woman wants to get."

Prem came too as he felt the splash of cold water hitting his face.  He looked up to see Heer standing over him with an empty glass in her hand.  "Heer, I..." Prem said fumbling for words.

"I'm not talking to you," Heer simply replied and placed the glass on the coffee table.

"Wait, Heer," Prem said as he quickly got up from the floor.  He was trying to reach her before she walked out the front door.  "Don't go.  Heer?"

"Don't follow me Prem...I need some air....I can't talk to you right now," Heer stated through gritted teeth and walked out the door.

Prem cursed underneath his breath at his own stupidity in the whole situation.  "I'm in big big trouble," he sighed to himself.

Sorry for ending it at a not so happy conclusion.  I don't know how well I was able to show the different impressions of what Gayatri was thinking, what Heer was thinking, and what Prem was thinking.  I wanted to make them all kind of gray neither one is completely correct or wrong in the situations.  Granted Prem probably shouldn't have freaked out so much but considering how he ended his relationship with his mother and how things had occurred that led to his break up with Heer...he's a bit unsettled and being stubborn about what he feels is the right thing to do.

And surprise!  Look at what all that romance β˜ΊοΈ did for our little Premeer 😳...lol knocked up before the wedding took place.  Guess that means no honeymoon πŸ˜†

Comments Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks for reading guys!

---Grace πŸ€“

MeraCheekuVirat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awsum update grace..!! ssly luved it...i thnk gay3 is gonna chng now.....poor prem...he fainted..!! dunno how he is gonna pasify heer????...nywayz awsum update luved it...!! thx for da pm..update the nxt part asap,,,plz.....!!
-Jyo- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update

I edit it later i am running short of time
NIMMY thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved it
G3's perception abt heer earlier as a 19 yr old and now i hope she starts liking her
G3 was seriously being rude
Atleast Heer was trying............. but she eventually got scared
Heer fainted........... thank god G3 took her to hospital.........
And Heer is pregnent.........wow
Hope G3 is not a MOnster in law.........but a good mother in law
prems reaction
To the call and msg
gosh he was angry
and he fainted lolz loved tht part
aaminaman thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That w as an awesome update yaar I was really laughinhg when I imagined that situation where prem faints when he heard heer is pregnent gosh I can't wait to read the part where he tries to pacify hmmm I am eagerly waiting to know what gayathri is upto I wish she changes and do update soon I never used to comment I was a silent reader but I can't stop myself from commenting for this part so plsssss update soon
Daffodilee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update grace
i loved it
finally heer-gayathri confrontation happened.
heer preganant
prem fainted πŸ˜†
is gayathri changing ??/
thanks for pm
update soon
waiting for next part
--Mehak-- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I want the next update now now now!πŸ˜†
...Pwincess... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3