yeah suraskhita its nice to see ju promote her projects directly in ck too

still waiting for the official movie site to be updated

norzar

norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
hi

intv of  actress priyanka bose, mention of movie padduram

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/I-ll-take-my-daughter-on-shoot-Priyanka/articleshow/5236429.cms

A lot is said about the difficulties of working with married women in the industry. Do you see things changing ?
n Yes. Stereotypes are dying. My baby was three months old when I had gone to
audition for Ajay Monga's Padduram. Later, I took her along twice to Indore while shooting the film. I've also completed filming Dibakar Banerjee's Love Sex Aur Dhokha, where I play an editor. Today, people realise that I am an actor who needs to fit into the profile of the character. My personal and professional lives are separate. Earlier, I'd be called hot. Today, I'm called hot mama in the industry!

norzar
sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
waiting for the official site to get updated

thanks norzar for putting up the link
surakshita thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
 this is some news on Ju's Padduram

there is a kids classroom picture with Monga

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?Page=article&sectname=Entertainment - Bollywood&sectid=30&contentid=20100107201001070257428612b29cac4

Doze of reality

Debutant director Ajay Monga forced a little boy to shoot for 22 hours at a stretch, sprinkled water on his face whenever he dozed off

By Vickey Lalwani
Posted On Thursday, January 07, 2010 at 02:57:42 AM

For someone who has written two of Madhur Bhandarkar's critically acclaimed films (Corporate and Fashion), Ajay Monga definitely had set his sights high for his directorial debut Padduram.

The film required a child actor but Monga, who wanted Darsheel Safary to play the lead, quickly changed his mind after the Taare Zameen Par star demanded an astronomical fee - over Rs 1 crore. He finally settled for 11-year-old Shubham Kataria, signing him for a paltry Rs 1 lakh.

But while Monga made a substantial saving, it was the beginning of a traumatic experience for the little boy. Shubham was made to shoot for 22 hours hours at a stretch, from 6 am to 4 am the next day. His mother, Dimple Kataria, who accompanied him for the shoot in Indore, was shocked at the way he was being pushed but took it in her stride the first time. But the very next day, Monga again didn't pack-up on time.

Unable to bear the way her son was being treated, Dimple had a massive showdown with Monga and even asked him point blank whether he would've dared to treat Darsheel so shabbily. In a fit of rage she stormed off the sets, taking Shubham with her to the hotel. Recounts the anguished mother, "The worst part was that every time I told Monga to pack-up, he would say 'Bas, 15 minutes aur'. My son started feeling very sleepy after 11.30 pm. A unit hand would come and sprinkle water on him to wake him up. Shubham would give his shot and just when he was nodding off again, someone would again sprinkle water on him and take him for another shot. I really lost my temper."

Ajay Monga (right) with child actor Shubham Kataria (inset)

Dimple also complained about the less than satisfactory arrangement Monga had made for them in Indore. "I even had a word about this with Monga but he said that he couldn't provide any better accommodation," she says. "But that's not my main grouse. I just want to understand, how can he (Monga) ask a child to shoot for 22 hours for two consecutive days?"

Monga, who did not deny the allegation, simply shrugged, "Yes, Shubham's mother did get very angry in Indore. But I allowed Shubham to sleep during breaks. I had no alternative as I had to pack-up the shoot in Indore on a stipulated date."
sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
this is too bad. feel sorry to read it
maheen55 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks  for feeling bad for little boy