Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
I do get what you're saying Geet. In that case, I do think that Rekha should have gotten the PadmaBhushan, which woudl have put her higher than saif.
As for saif individually, in my eyes, he's showcased the versatility, the talent, as well as the box office pull.
Its just I suppose some ppl find it difficult to view him as an A lister on the same lines as Akshay, Aamir, Srk. And while he himself claims that he has a long way to go in box office, I feel he's getting there slowly. He's a late bloomer.
Perhaps they should have honored salman though. He is quite a legend in his own right. But other than Salman, I cnat htink of any other COMMMERCIAL actor in our time who deserves it more than saif.
Key words being COMMERCIAL and OUR generation.
But the Padma awards aren't about just recognizing talents in different fields. Its supposed to be about a significant contribution to one's field. For which I think timing should be in consideration. Lata Mangeshkar got the Bharat Ratna in I think 2001 and deservedly so. But had she recieved it in like 1970 it wouldn't make sense. The talent was always there but she had to make a significant contribution to the field before she was felicitated with that honour.

The problem is that there is no consistency to how these awards are given anymore, which lowers their value in my opinion.

desigal90 thumbnail
Yeah I suppose, timing does matter.
In that case, I think rekha did deserve to be ranked higher than both saif and aamir.
Based upon seniority right?

I personally dont see much fuss in awarding a mix of young and old talent. Well the clock cannot be turned and the decisions to not award some of the more deserving people cannot be overturned.. so they try to do the best by awarding them now.. And I guess they cannot start on a spree of first awarding all the yesterday actors and ignoring the young one altogether.. they  have gotta keep htings in balance.. and another thing.. so these awards cannot skip steps like.. I am not sure.. like a person who is not awarded a padam shri.. cannot be straightly awarded a padam bhushan..  do you have to get a padam shri.. in order to get a padam bhushan?? Edited by adios - 14 years ago
No you can straightaway give someone a Padma Bhushan. There are no steps to it. So I think at the very least Rekha should have got the Padma Bhushan this year.

desigal90 thumbnail
I dunno Adios, its all so confusing!
Me just happy sappy for saifu adn in my ignorance lemme pretend others are happy too ☺️
Painted_Lady thumbnail
confusing set of awards! πŸ˜•

iam happy for aamir..but i feel he should have just got a padma shree,not a padma bhushan! rekha should have got a padma bhushan long time back! now a padmashree only?ok..better late than never!
like many others i also dont think saif deserves to get this award at this time,considering the fact that people who have contrtibuted to the industry much more than what he did are still not rewarded! what about kajol, nana patekar,naseruddin shah! even jackie shroff has been in the industry for so many years! and anil kapoor?he even got a national award just like saif did..anil kapoor's national award was still ok..but saif's one was very undeserving..i would have been more happy if saif got one for omakara,but not for hum tum! oh well..we are in a country where even shilpa shetty is getting doctorates! πŸ˜†

anyways congrats to all winners! 😊