Puneet's SF Contemporary Routine :)

Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
I honestly think Puneet's contemporary routine last night was one of the finest performances on DPL so far...and it's not just the dancing...the dancing was excellent, that goes without saying...his lines are always beautiful, and movements always precise...so that's more like a given for me, lol...but there were two other things that bowled me over : The concept and its choreography, and Puneet's expressions...

Special mention to the two points when Puneet encounters the rioteers from different religions, the first time greeting them with a terrified salaam, and the second time with a nervous namaste...I thought those were two very powerful moments, really well executed...

Sad that not many people gave it its due...would have liked to know his scores though...oh, and does anyone have any idea what song that was? As in, from which movie? Suited the theme quite perfectly...

What do you guys think? ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by nandinidev - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Osprisshow thumbnail
so true!!..its called the actual contemporary!!!that used to b in DID only!!but hats off to harshal vittel!!they show the courage
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I think WY are the best in terms of technique, performance and level of difficulty! Hopefully, they''ll win! He did a fantastic job!
Riddikulus thumbnail

Originally posted by: osprisshowMOU

so true!!..its called the actual contemporary!!!that used to b in DID only!!but hats off to harshal vittel!!they show the courage

Yep...it was pure Contemporary...that was one of the reasons that made me sit up and take notice...nothing glamorous or gimmicky, just a piece brilliantly conceptualised, choreographed and executed, staying true to the style...awesome!
Riddikulus thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet coco

I think WY are the best in terms of technique, performance and level of difficulty! Hopefully, they''ll win! He did a fantastic job!

Agree. Wholeheartedly. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

They've been the most consistent team in the entire run of the competiton...and their level of consistency in itself, is often a tad higher than most teams they compete with, no offense meant...so far, tw, whether it be choreography, or concept, or technique and grace, everything's been top notch with them...

Let's see how they do on the Finale...

Cheers! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by nandinidev - 14 years ago
tofiq thumbnail
i loved puneet performance ๐Ÿ‘ โค๏ธ ๐Ÿค—
buwalid thumbnail
puneet proved that any types of the dance he will do so well๐Ÿ‘
krutiv100 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i agree, its was a a fantastic performance, concept and choreogpraphy, harshal- vithal are fab choreogrpahers and they always try and present differnt concepts, and think outside of the box, like when they did the lagaan performance.
i just wanted to add that puneet should have got man of the match, karthik was also good, but i really think puneet should  have got it.

i can't wait for next week when WY do the ringa ringa performance!
Riddikulus thumbnail

Originally posted by: krutiv100

i agree, its was a a fantastic performance, concept and choreogpraphy, harshal- vithal are fab choreogrpahers and they always try and present differnt concepts, and think outside of the box, like when they did the lagaan performance.
i just wanted to add that puneet should have got man of the match, karthik was also good, but i really think puneet should  have got it.

i can't wait for next week when WY do the ringa ringa performance!

Agree. Kartik was great, but Puneet was just as deserving, if not more, for the title.

That's partly what I meant when I said that it's sad not many people gave the performance its due...no real emphasis was laid on how good it really was as a routine except by Shiamak and a little by Rani...and looking back, there have been performances that have evoked anything from rasgullas to standing ovations to hugs...and I think this one deserved to be in a similar league instead of passing virtually unnoticed...just my opinion, no offense meant...๐Ÿ˜Š