US restaurant names their dish after Deepika Padukone

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

US restaurant names their dish after Deepika PadukoneFood by Filmfare | Nov 18, 2020, 20:03 IST

Share this on

Deepika Padukone Dosa

Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone brought in 2019 in the US as they enjoyed a little time away from their hectic schedules. During their stay in Austin, Texas, the couple headed out to an Indian restaurant to grab a bite and were pleasantly surprised with what they saw.

Deepika Padukone Dosa

In the menu of the restaurant, there was a dosa by the name of Deepika Padukone. Deepika’s hubby Ranveer Singh shared a picture of the menu along with highlighting his wife’s name. The actor captioned the picture, “I’d eat that”. Take a look at the post below. 

Deepika Padukone Dosa

The picture instantly went viral on social media and fans couldn’t stop talking about it. Interestingly, a fan commented saying “You are also a Parantha Thali in Pune.”

Looks like Deepika Padukone has quite a fanbase especially among restaurant owners across the globe.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow❤️

Deepika is an international icon....so proud of her!!!

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Edited by YoungHeart - 3 years ago
sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I’d eat that? The innuendo is not lost on us, Ranveer.😆Great publicity for the restaurant!

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

i guess she is the 2nd international icon (afte Mallika Sherawat) that a food item is named after. 🤣 what an Illustrated list.😳

Edited by Kaya65 - 3 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaya65

i guess she is the 2nd international icon (afte Mallika Sherawat) that a food item is named after. 🤣 what an Illustrated list.😳

Indeed an illustrious list but not 2nd. There were many before her and will be more after her. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foods_named_after_people

GumGum thumbnail

Achcha hai dairy ya meat item nahin hai.

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Indeed an illustrious list but not 2nd. There were many before her and will be more after her. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foods_named_after_people

According to her fans she is a international icon because some indian restaurant named a dish after her😆

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Seriously? It's not even a chain restaurant, might as well have some dhabha dish named after her 🤨.. Indian restaurants here are a dime a dozen, really not something to report about, but I guess jab kuch aur hai nahin, then yeh news hi sahi

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

nice way of promoting the business lol...