Will post in a few hours! 😊

Thank you 

Can't wait to read more 😀

Edited by xBabyAngelx - 3 years ago
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago
Originally posted by: sonyjknum2

Just wonderful,had a smile all through the chapter.I have been a silent reader but cant stop myself from commenting this time.Remembered Arshi haldi in the show

Aww thanks hun! Always a pleasure to hear from the silent ones smiley31smiley27

Originally posted by: Gurmeet4Drashti

He chuckled. “Where will she go?” he asked rhetorically before returning to the kitchen. 

This line sounds pretty symbolic to me.

They belong together and Arnav would perhaps return to his kitchen!! 

I could visualize every single moment and thank you for plastering such a huge grin on my face!! :) 

Hehe I'm so happy you caught that... it was meant to be symbolic. Khushi can avoid her feelings, satisfy herself that she is happy with what she has, but in the end, all roads will lead back to Arnav smiley2

Originally posted by: Bizzykizzy

Archi!! Congratulations on the new thread!!smiley40

That was such a fun chapter to read. Love how the last chapter ended with Khushi’s thoughts and this one started with Arnav’s. He’s slowly starting to notice the little things about her. I think slowly, Arnav has started noticing just how much happier and himself he really is in front of Khushi. And vice Versa. They bring the best in each other.  

I hope there’s more holi fun left!  Maybe someone might drink bhaang lol. I want to see which team wins holi haha. Loved Khushi’s innocent but cute coloring act. 

I’m also glad Arnav overheard Khushi and Anjali. She needs to hear it from him that she’s special and he looks forward to their time together. 

I hope Khushi shares Ved’s gift with Arnav. She’s oblivious and innocent about this but Arnav isn’t. Maybe, even as just a friend, he can guide her better and hopefully this revelation gives him an insight about her lack of experience in the romance/dating part of her life lol. Or I hope Arnav already feels that Khushi doesn’t know much about dating and these gestures, otherwise I don’t want him to think she’s interested in Ved or something too and hopefully there’s no misunderstanding! Because now that I think about it, he’s done it all and everything and she still hasn’t even held hands with anyone lol so Arnav can better guide her about what kind of gestures mean what from the opposite gender. Not just for Ved, she needs to be careful in general. But Ved needs to respect her boundaries man. Like she’s made it very obvious that she’s not interested in him. And is he still with his gf?

This was definitely a treat. Please please please continue very soon!! Can’t wait to read more :)

Best, 

Bizzy smiley27

Thanks Bizzy!

Promise, there won't be any misunderstanding between ArShi because of Ved... Khushi is naive, and I think Arnav already sees parts of it. And sooner than later, he will see exactly what Khushi's position is in this whole Ved fiasco. You will get a clear picture in the next chapter!

Hope you and your family are safe and well smiley27 Keeping you in my prayers!

Originally posted by: LoLo

I had another observation. Khushi seems to have brought back the old Arnav everyone enjoyed and had fun with.  She is also having fun and getting the family back that she has lost.

Nice catch! She did indeed bring back the old Arnav and that's partly why the Raizada family just adores her smiley2

Originally posted by: xBabyAngelx

WOW what a beautiful chapter it was, loved it very much. 

Myra was a very selfish person and Arnav was blindly in love with her, chose to neglect everything  including his family. Now he understands how much he has missed. What can I say, this is only the beginning.

Arnav's father was right , finally Arnav found his match and even Arnav himself agreed. Khushi perfectly fits him as well as with his family members. 

Their relationship is changing gradually. They are very comfortable with each other. Looks like Arnav is going to realise his feelings for Khushi very soon. 

Loved the way they played Holi with each other. It was very romantic. Hope Holi is not over yet, want to see arshi playing Holi with all his cousins. 

Now can't wait to read more.

Can we get another chapter this week please 

Thanks hun!

"Now he understands how much he has missed. What can I say, this is only the beginning."  - very nicely put smiley20

Originally posted by: Jyoti_kuku

Lovely story ... lovely bond that is so special!!smiley27

Started to read it from morning n completed it in one go till now .. totally into it .. eagerly waiting for your next update.. 

Welcome to the story smiley31smiley31smiley31 So happy to hear you enjoyed it!

Originally posted by: Minahil96

Congratulations on the new thread sweetheart! 🥰

Such a colourful, joyous and a heart-warming update. Loving the bond of Tom & Jerry. The earrings need detail , it should be the beginning of Arnav making Khushi realise how he feels about her . The concern and the care he has for her.  Khushi should start noticing his care and concern now onwards. Love it . Hope all is well at your end . Stay safe xx

Yes the earrings do need detail, but I was saving them for a later chapter smiley2 They will come up again for a significant point...

Originally posted by: reshamc

Hi... 

So this corona lockdown forced me to come back to IF after monthssss.... and I found this absolutely beautiful and heart-melting story. I discovered the FF last night & just finished reading them all.. went through 43 chapters in less than 24 hours!!! 

You are an amazing writer. I love the lovely ensemble of characters that you have drew up for us... Even when they do bad things, you don't hate them. Except Khushi's father... but I am sure you have some ace up your sleeve for that too. Just wanted to let you know you're doing a great job. I will be sure to check your other work. 

See ya, 
Resham

Welcome to the FF smiley31smiley31smiley31

Thank you so much! Can't believe you powered through soo many chapters in less than a day!

"Even when they do bad things, you don't hate them. Except Khushi's father... but I am sure you have some ace up your sleeve for that too. " - Loved this, means a lot to hear that. There is a chapter coming from Khushi's father's POV... it won't justify what he has done, but I think it will make things more clear regarding his behaviour.

I'm not if all my other stories are still available on IF, so if you are interested, you can check my blog for themsmiley1

Originally posted by: zaniax

Had stopped reading stories on IF but this one caught my attention. Tbh, I actually like the supporting characters more than than Arshi :P Looking forward to the next chapter. 

Thanks so much and a big welcome to the story smiley31 I love that you like the supporting characters, I feel they don't get the love they deserve smiley36smiley27

Originally posted by: chichu1

Omg...

Archi 

I had already told u this in my pm.. that I came to know about this ff.. only yesterday...

I was not checking in indiaforum account for quite a long time.. yesterday I was thinking of reading of SILENT WHISPERS  again.. so the  when I checked my inbox.. omg.. saw ur msg about starting a new ff.. and then when I opened the page.. I was surprised to see that ...the story has already about 43 chapters...

Then by evening I started binge reading.. all chapters.. and I didn't realise when night ended and sun rose ... haha... 

Jokes apart.. I finished reading all the chapters by morning... 

And what a treat it was ...

An emotional rollercoaster ride...

So many complex characters..esp arnav n khushi ..both are flawed..but they somehow make a beautiful pair..

I was truly enchanted..

Loveya...

Now I am looking forward to the next chapter... 

Update soon dear

Welcome to the story hun smiley31smiley31smiley31 So nice to see some of the old readers again smiley27

Silent whispers seems like such a long time ago... coincidentally, I started writing this one when SW had ended, but I never found time to post it until now. So glad you saw my PM!

Originally posted by: yanka

Thread 2!!

Congratulations!!

Aha so Arnav will be the first one to realise? 

And is the update coming today 😬

Arnav will realize first, yes, but will Arnav confess first? smiley2smiley27

Originally posted by: TwilightStar_JP

Congratulations on the new thread! 

And whatte chapter! Brilliantly written man! Our boy is a lovely player eh! Full of fun and mischief. Was nice to see him like this for a change. 

And whatte way to colour her. 🤣🤣 She had no idea what was coming. 

She was no less though gave it back! And how! But, did she realise the effect of her actions? Poor soul has no experience with opposite gender. So I doubt. Need to wait for her PoV. But, our man is definitely affected. That's a start. 

Cheers 

Thanks hun!

Khushi didn't realize the effects of her actions at the moment, but she definitely realized afterwards... it's hard to ignore the dhak dhak smiley2

Edited by -Archi- - 3 years ago
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Olaaa!

Thank for all the wishes, your love and support means everything đŸ¤—❤️

My comments are above! 

As promised, here is the next chapter:

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Forty-Four

Accident

“Sona, please fax this to Lilavati Hospital. The doctors there have an emergency surgery and they can’t seem to find–”

Khushi broke off, confused to see the nurse –Sona– paying no attention to her whatsoever. It was almost noon in AbhayaHospital, which meant the flow of patients was at its peak. And yet none of the nurses appeared to be stressed, for all of them were gathered around the third-floor reception desk, giggling like five-year-olds. 

It was the day after Holi, which, much to Khushi’s delight, had been nothing less than memorable. Although Arnav’s win may have been inevitable, what with his notorious reputation, it had been nonetheless slightly insulting that he had managed to drench her in colours just by midday. Perhaps that’s why Khushi didn’t think twice before pushing him into the pool and doing whatever it took to make sure he felt her mark.  

In retrospect, it was quite shocking that Arnav didn’t say anything about the stunt she pulled. He had joined the festivities –in a set of dry clothes– a mere few minutes after their little Holi in the pool as though nothing had happened. And maybe, Khushi too wouldn’t have noticed anything if it wasn’t for how hot she felt as soon as she had walked away from him, almost as though she was running a high fever. It had taken every bit of resistance on her part to not check her temperature. 

It was so strange. 

What was it about Arnav’s gaze, as he stood in the pool, his shirt stuck to him like second skin, that had made her feel both bold and shy at the same time? What was it in the way his warm hands had enveloped hers that had made her feel both wanted and foreign? 

For the first time in Khushi’s life, she found that she had no answers. 

“–and then he winks at me!” 

Khushi blinked, her attention caught on to the situation at hand. 

“He has to be the most good-looking patient I have ever seen,” one of the nurses was saying, blushing. 

“Defintely still a bachelor,” another one added. “I didn’t see a ring on his finger.”

“And apparently rich! They took him straight to the VIP floor!”

Khushi decided to intervene. “Ahem.”

The nurses froze, clearly not expecting to see her. It was Sona who spoke: “Err yes Dr. Gupta – how can I help you?”

“Listening to me would be a good start,” Khushi replied. 

The nurses looked guiltily at the floor. “Sorry,” Sona answered. “We were just…”

“Fantasizing about a VIP patient.”

Some of them turned beet red at that comment, causing Khushi to burst out laughing. Most of the nurses were in their early twenties, just fresh out of college. It was so endearing to see them like deer caught in headlights. 

“It’s okay,” she added when they waited with baited breaths, fearing retribution. “I won’t tell anyone. I just need these reports faxed over to Lilavati hospital.”

They let out a sigh of relief. “I will do it right away,” Sona said, taking the files from her.

And then unable to help herself, Khushi added, “And whoever he is, trust me he is not the most good-looking patient to have ever been admitted here.”

The nurses stared at her in disbelief. 

“No,” one of them finally said. “You haven’t seen this one yet.”

“You might know him,” another one exclaimed. “He is apparently the son of a trustee here!”

Khushi was now curious, thinking to ask Arnav if he knew this supposedly ‘gorgeous’ patient. “Trustee? What’s his name?”

“Arnav Singh Raizada.”

Silence followed that admission. 

Khushi stared at the nurses, all the blood drained from her face as her mind scrambled to make sense of what she was hearing. Arnav was the VIP patient? Her Arnav?

“Do you know him?” Sona asked excitedly.

Khushi swallowed, dread freezing her veins. “Wh-where is he?” she croaked. “Which room?”

“Room 223 on the VIP floor,” Sona answered promptly. “But why-”

Khushi didn’t listen to the rest. Barely being able to breathe, she ran to the VIP floor disregarding the curious glances of the nurses, her thoughts only on Arnav and what she was about to witness. Within minutes, she skidded to a halt in front of room 223 –thankfully not the I.C.U.– her heart hammering. Sending up all the prayers in the world, she barged inside.  

Cool, glorious relief spread through her lungs. 

Arnav was leaning against the headboard of the hospital bed, his left leg propped up on some pillows. Other than a few scratches on his forehead and arms, he was completely unharmed. 

“Oh hello,” he greeted cheerfully when he saw her panting at the door. “How did you know I was here?”

How on earth was he so calm?

“What the hell happened?!” she asked frantically. “The nurses said you were just admitted–”

He didn’t let her finish, the irritatingly tranquil smile wide on his face. “Calm down, I am okay–”

“Like hell you are!” Khushi retorted, walking over to the foot of his bed where his chart was kept. “Why didn’t you call me? Are you hurt? Did you fall? Has a doctor already seen you or have they kept you waiting–”

“Whoa,” he said, holding up his hands. “Slow down-”

Khushi didn’t pay attention. Although she was relieved to find him conscious without any major injuries, she didn’t dare believe that he was out of danger. Her eyes furiously scanned the reports, filed just five minutes ago. The cause of admission read, ‘paedestrian accident case.’

“You got into an accident?!” she screeched, looking up at him. “How–”

Arnav’s voice, in comparison, sounded very deep. “I was crossing the street and didn’t see the oncoming traffic–”

“What do you mean you didn’t see? When was the last time you got your vision checked–”

“I told you,” he said, cheekily. “I have 20-20 vision.”

She ignored that. “Were you feeling lightheaded?”

“Nope.”

“Then why–”

“I was in a hurry–”

She didn’t listen. Scanning the rest of the report she asked, “When was the last time you got your blood sugar checked–”

He didn’t follow. “Erm what?”

She glared at him. “Blood sugar,” she repeated pointedly. “When was the last time you got it checked? You aren’t exactly young, it’s mandatory that your cholesterol, sodium and sugar levels are maintained–”

He gaped in response. “What?! I am not even thirty yet–”

“Did they order a fully body scan?” she interrupted, agitated. “Has the neurologist come in to see you yet?!”

“Why would–”

“You were in a vehicle collision, so there is a high possibility of head trauma! They have to do those tests first, like making sure your memory is fine, you didn’t black out–”

“Oh,” he said, finally comprehending. “Yeah, they asked me that, but I didn’t hit my head–”

“Then why the hell is it not reported on here?!” Khushi fumed. “Who is treating you? Don’t they have basic common sense–”

“Khushi–”

Her eyes drifted to the IV attached to his arm. “And they started you on a saline drip without even ruling out your head injury?! Plus you’re a VIP patient! Has the chief been paged? Why haven’t they–”

Arnav was looking at her with growing incredulity. “Listen to me–”

“Why aren’t any of the nurses here?! How can they leave an accident case unattended–”

“SHUT-UP!”

Khushi froze, staring wide-eyed at Arnav. His voice bounced off the walls, echoing gravely in the empty room. 

“I am fine,” he stressed, the smile back on his face. “Stop freaking out and let the doctors handle it–”

“I am a doctor!” Khushi snapped, not at all calmed. “And you could have died today… do you even understand what that means?!”

He sighed in answer. “It was just a small accident Khushi... Agreed I should have paid more attention when crossing the street, but it’s no big deal. You don’t need to erupt like an angry volcano!”

“No big deal?” she repeated, outraged. “How could you say that? And why the hell were you walking in the first place? What happened to the goddamn car?!”

“My tire got punctured this morning,” he explained with a shrug. “And I really had to attend this meeting–”

She didn’t wait for him to complete. “Meeting? Are you insane–”

“Who is insane?” asked a new voice. 

Khushi whipped around to find none other than Ved standing at the door, utterly confused. 

“What are you doing here?” she fired at him. 

Ved was taken aback to hear her tone. “I should be asking you that,” he answered, slowly walking inside. “He is my patient.”

Khushi stared at him, not at all expecting that. “You are his doctor?”

“Yes. Why do you look so flustered, is everything okay?”

She took a deep breath, a plan forming in her already overrun brain. “He is my patient now.”

Ved raised an eyebrow. “Aren’t you on the neuro floor today–”

“I don’t care Ved!” she snapped. “Arnav is my patient now!”

“B-but why?” he asked, nervousness now obvious in his voice. “I am sure there are plenty of other accident–”

“Then you can take them.”

“But I already started the treat–”

“Yes, I am seeing that too,” Khushi answered icily. “Thank you, but I can handle it from here.”

Ved’s eyes wavered to a watchful Arnav. “Why don’t we take this outside?”

“No, I have to get him a neuro consult–”

“I already checked; he didn’t sustain any head injuries–”

Khushi glared at him. “Then why didn’t you write it down?! And why aren’t any of the trauma nurses stationed here–”

“I was going to write it down,” Ved replied pointedly. “Why don’t you calm down and wait for me outside? Mr. Raizada doesn’t need to see us fighting like two little children.”

Khushi had enough. Why wasn’t anyone understanding how serious this whole case was? And who in the hospital could handle it better than her? Why was Ved, always in line with her thoughts, not understanding this simple point?

“Look,” she said, lowering her voice. “I have to take this case. I will take you out to dinner in exchange or cover every single night shift you have but please, let me handle this.”

Ved blinked, a million conflicted emotions reflected in his eyes. But Khushi didn’t pay them any heed. This was Arnavthey were talking about; she couldn’t let anyone else take his responsibility.

“Okay fine,” Ved finally said, dejected. “If you need anything, page me.”

Khushi nodded. Thanking him, she waited until he left the room before turning back to an amused looking Arnav. 

“So, tell me exactly what happened,” she asked, pulling out her stethoscope. 

Arnav, however, was interested in something else entirely. “That’s Ved?” 

“Yes, that’s Ved,” she answered absentmindedly, walking closer to him and checking his heartbeat.  â€œSo, your tire got punctured, you got down the car and you began to cross the street… are you sure you weren’t feeling lightheaded? You did have quite a bit of bhang yesterday–”

“You never told me Ved likes you.”

Khushi stopped short, confused to hear such a strange statement. “What?”

Arnav was watching her carefully. “He likes you… surely you would have picked it up by now?”

She rolled her eyes, yanking the stethoscope out of her ears. “Are you sure you didn’t hit your head? Of course Ved doesn’t like me, not romantically anyway.”

He laughed. “Oh man, he is so screwed.”

Khushi gritted her teeth, irritated. “He doesn’t like me! Stop making things up for your own amusement!”

“He looks at you like a puppy, of course he likes you! And which doctor in their right mind would leave this case, even after his seniors assigned it to him, unless he had feelings for you?”

Khushi continued with her examination. “What do you mean assigned? Accident cases are taken up as they come in.”

“I am a trustee, remember? The chief of the hospital personally escorted me from the ambulance and assigned Dr. Arora as my physician.”

Oh shit

As far as Khushi knew, Ved was going to be in a lot of trouble for directly disobeying a superior’s orders. 

“Exactly,” Arnav finished, smirking. “He willingly took a bullet for you and you are saying he doesn’t like you…”

Khushi didn’t know what to say.

“So basically you are an idiot, which I always knew anyway. But good thing I have proof now.”

“Lavu – leave Chote alone! He’s already in pain!”

“And what kind of doctor would that make Khushi? I am sure she gave him all the pain killers in the world.”

Khushi suppressed a smile. 

It was the day after Arnav’s accident, and both Anjali and Lavanya were paying him a visit in the hospital. 

After running all the possible tests in the world, Khushi realized that Arnav had been very fortunate. Other than a fracture on his left leg, there was absolutely nothing wrong with him. Of course, that didn’t stop her from checking his sugar levels, cholesterol and blood pressure every few hours. Khushi knew she was bordering on paranoia at this point, but she couldn’t let even the possibility of a complication near him. 

Moreover, Arnav seemed quite happy to be detained in the hospital. He didn’t complain even once when she told him that she was keeping him overnight for a couple of days and instead, cheerfully asked what was for dinner. His only worry, it seemed, was eating the bland hospital food. 

The rest of the Raizada’s too took news of their Chote’s accident well, all things considered. Predictably, Satya had panicked when Khushi called explaining what had happened, but after seeing Arnav well taken care of, she returned home much more at peace. 

The only thing left to do now was let Arnav’s leg heal. 

“It’s okay Di,” Arnav reassured his sisters. “Let Lavu vent. I heard Akash had to go to Singapore last night, so she is all sorts of cranky.”

Lavanya narrowed her eyes, but didn’t refute him.

“So how long will you have to stay here Chote?” Anjali asked. 

Arnav turned wordlessly to Khushi, who had been quietly watching the siblings’ banter from a corner. 

“Luckily it’s not a full fracture,” she answered, stepping towards them “So it will heal within a month. And since he is here already, I’m running some other tests to make sure everything is okay… once I get those reports, he can go home.”

Anjali nodded. “Thank god you are here Khushi… Chote could not have been in better hands.”

Khushi smiled, shy. She never knew how to accept compliments, probably because they had been very rare in her life. Luckily, she was paged downstairs just at that moment, so she gracefully left the room. 

Dr. Awasti was waiting for her at the nurses’ station. 

“How is Mr. Raizada doing?” she asked. Although her voice was casual, her eyes were very stern. 

“He is doing well,” Khushi answered nervously. “I’m just running some extra tests before we can discharge him.”

“Why isn’t Dr. Arora handling this case?”

Khushi swallowed, not being able to meet her mentor’s eyes. “Erm, I wanted to handle this myself… for the experience.”

“And what about the conflict of interest?”

“Why would there be a conflict? Arnav is a patient–”

Dr. Awasti lowered her voice. “And also your husband.”

Khushi’s eyes widened. How had she known?

“You know the rules as well as I do Dr. Gupta. We cannot treat our family members and for good reason; they have a tendency to cloud our judgements–”

“But this is different–”

“No, it’s not,” Dr. Awasti interrupted. “I understand why you may have kept your personal life private, but that doesn’t mean you can take undue advantage of everyone’s ignorance. You are quite intelligent, how did you fail to realize that being your husband’s doctor is unfair to both you and him?”

Khushi looked down at her feet, ashamed. She had never been admonished by any senior doctor before, such was her reputation at the hospital. It was nothing but spilt milk now. 

“If you make a poor judgement call,” Dr. Awasti continued, relentless. “Not only will his life be in danger, but you will hold yourself responsible for the rest of your life. Is that what you want?”

She shook her head. “I am sorry Dr. Awasti, I was just worried–”

“Understandably. But that is precisely why you were not assigned this case in the first place. I had –wrongly– assumed that you had enough faith in Dr. Arora to treat your husband well.”

“I do trust Ved–”

“Good,” Dr. Awasti answered. “Because he is still Mr. Raizada’s doctor.”

Khushi gasped. “But I am already handling all the tests–”

“I am aware of that. Dr. Arora will be in charge of this case. You are more than welcome to help him with the tests and treatment, but you cannot sign off on anything without his approval. Do I make myself clear?”

Khushi nodded, having no other choice. 

“Good. You will go break this news to Dr. Arora yourself along with an apology I hope for badgering him into giving you this case.”

Another nod, wishing she could just bury her head in her hands for the rest of eternity. 

“I hope this is the first and last time I will be disappointed in you Dr. Gupta. The hospital’s annual awards are coming up… please do not give the board any more reason to remove you from the nominations.” 

“I have been nominated?” Khushi asked, pleasantly surprised.

Dr. Awasti pursued her lips. “Yes. And I sincerely hope you will not make me regret it.”

Then turning hotly on her heels, she left. 

Khushi felt miserable. Dr. Awasti, though harsh, did have a very valid point. What if she had screwed up Arnav’s treatment in a haste to see him all right? Would she ever be able to forgive herself? 

No, she wouldn’t. 

So, with a heavy heart, she set out of find Ved. He was on the fourth floor in the middle of his morning rounds. 

“Hey,” she greeted dully. 

Ved appeared to be in the same lousy mood as her. “Hey… how is Mr. Raizada doing?”

“Fine. I need to talk to you about him actually.”

“Yeah?”

“I am sorry for taking his case yesterday. It was out of line.”

Ved stopped short, surprised. “Why are you apologizing–”

“You had been assigned that case for a reason and instead of thinking why, I just jumped in like an idiot.”

He shrugged. “Clearly he is important to you, so it’s fine–”

“Yes, he is important to me,” she agreed. “He’s the one who got me this job.”

Ved stared at her, perhaps not expecting that answer. “That’s how you know him? He hired you?”

She nodded, feeling nearly not as guilty about lying as she did when hearing Dr. Awasti’s words. Her relationship with Arnav was complicated as is, she highly doubted Ved would understand even half of it. 

Ved, however, lightened up instantly. “Oh, so you are definitely the right person to have this case then!”

Khushi pretended not to notice the change in his stance. “Yeah, but Awasti does not approve of stealing cases, so it’s all yours again.”

“Did you get yelled at?”

She nodded in despair. 

“I am so sorry,” he replied, concerned. “I will go talk to her and tell her you would be the best person–”

She shook her head. “No, it’s okay. You are the best doctor for this. But if you don’t mind, can I be your second? I want to make sure Arnav is being treated well.”

“You don’t have to ask silly, of course!”

Khushi smiled. “Thanks Ved… I owe you another one.”

He grinned sheepishly. “How about that dinner thing you mentioned yesterday?”

“Let’s get Arnav home safely first. Then we can think of celebrating.”

Maybe she was imagining it, but Khushi was sure she saw the tiniest of disappointment in Ved’s eyes upon hearing that. Mentally kicking herself for overthinking it –for Ved could not possibly like her– she bid him goodbye and returned to Arnav’s room. Both Anjali and Lavanya seemed to have left, for the room was empty except for a nurse. 

“That sounds amazing,” the nurse was telling a jovial Arnav. “I have always wanted to go to Paris.”

As Khushi approached them, she realized that the nurse was the same one from yesterday who had commented that there was no wedding ring on Arnav’s finger. 

“You should,” Arnav replied, not noticing Khushi. “It’s the perfect place to visit with your boyfriend.” 

The nurse giggled. “Oh no, I am single.”

Khushi pressed her lips, annoyed. 

“No way,” Arnav said, appearing appalled. “You can’t be single! The hospital is clearly making you work too hard.”

“Oh I don’t mind, once in a while we get patients like you.”

Khushi had it. “Ahem.”

The two of them turned to look at her. 

“Welcome back Dr. Gupta,” Arnav said, amused. “All of your nurses work too hard.”

“I beg to differ,” she answered coolly. Then looking at the nurse, she said, “Can I have a word with you outside?”

The nurse nodded and nervously followed her outside the room. 

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” Khushi fired as soon as the door closed shut.

The nurse –Shilpa according to her badge– gulped. “I was just checking Arnav’s vitals Dr. Gupta.”

“Mr. Raizada,” Khushi corrected, crossing her arms. “Have you forgotten how to care for patients too?”

“S-sorry…”

“I don’t need your apologies. I ordered blood tests more than an hour ago and I still haven’t gotten the results. Is this why we hired you? To neglect your responsibilities and gossip with patients?”

Shilpa was petrified. “I-I am just covering for Awari doctor… she had to step out for a few minutes.”

“Oh. So you’ve decided to play musical chairs? Taking turns with Mr. Raizada to see which one he is the most charmed with?”

“No, of course–”

Khushi held up her hand. “I don’t need your excuses. This stops now or I will make sure all of you are fired for misconduct. The nurse who is assigned to Mr. Raizada will be the only nurse stationed here. Do I make myself clear?”

Shilpa nodded, wide-eyed.

“And tell Awari or whoever it is supposed to be that I better get the blood tests in the next half hour.”

The nurse nodded a second time and fled at top speed. Khushi took a deep breath, trying to swallow the annoyance she felt, when she heard a familiar voice:

“What was that?” 

It was Lavanya, who came to a stop in front of her, a smug smile on her lips.

“You haven’t left yet?” Khushi asked surprised.

“No, I just went to see Di to her car. Why were you yelling at the nurse?”

Khushi rolled her eyes. “Don’t even get me started! They are freaking careless! They were each taking turns flirting with Arnav. Can you believe it?!”

“Yes I can… you didn’t see him college,” she answered, rolling her eyes. “But why are you getting so mad about it?”

“What do you mean? He is my patient–”

Lavanya snorted. “Uh-huh and I am Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.” 

Khushi was exasperated. “Why don’t you just get it off your chest Lavs? I have work to do.”

“You are getting possessive.”

It was perhaps the most absurd thing Khushi had ever heard. “What?”

“First assigning yourself as his doctor,” Lavanya explained. “Then staying with him in the hospital overnight and now telling off the nurses for flirting with him. You are acting as though he belongs to you now. Does he?”

Thoughts? Ved is very far from being a kabab mein haddi and Khushi is slowly but surely noticing that her feelings are changing...

Please like & comment! 

Will update again on Friday đŸ˜Š

Love,

Archi

P.S. - Will most likely migrate this story into the new FF section... it's a lot easier to reply to your comments there. So keep an eye for the link! 

Edited by -Archi- - 3 years ago
Borntofly thumbnail

That was such a beautiful update😘

I said it previously and saying it again that Arnav in your stories is a dream guy... very charming, likeable,adorable,gentle ...loving it.  It was surprising to see that Arnav was able to see through Ved's feelings for Khushi and reacted the way he did...like he just knew khushi would have admirers and be clueless about it..😆

On the other side we see dr.gupta getting all jealous and possessive about the most gorgeous 'VIP'patient 😋

Waiting eagerly for the next update...🤗

crazyff-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Stayed awake to read the update.. going to sleep now with a smile on my face after reading the update 😀

AbhiNikiLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Ughhhhh I am so done with Khushi!!! Waiting for Lavanya to finally blurt it out in front of Ved or something. Please please don't make me hold out for too long!!!!

virka_luv thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I wonder when will Khushi realize that Ved likes her. Uff!!! She didn't believe it even when Arnav tried to make her understand. So Khushi has turned "possessive" now :p I feel only Lavanya can reveal Khushi's relation with Arnav. Please update soon.... 

Edited by virka_luv - 3 years ago