Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

India can’t be given time, because they will take advantage of it. 

If Modi gave Indians 4 extra hours, Indians would have been on the streets trying to take in every microsecond of pleasure before they curb it. It’s just how Indians are - they love their freedom, they love the outdoors. 

Take the 5 PM clapping stuff. Most people followed, but lovely lovely idiots did not comprehend what “balcony” meant, so they came outside with pots and pans to bang them in crowds so they could take selfies and pictures like this was a festival of sorts. 

Coming to how the cops are handling this-it’s unfortunate, but I’m wondering why that’s the case. Either they don’t understand that people are allowed to leave their homes to get essential items, or they don’t believe people have left their homes to get essential items. 

That being said, I don’t see another alternative (except maybe go through the judicial system to officially charge people ... but that sounds excessive). Requesting people to stay at home will not taken seriously, especially by the entitled youth. 

@red : just the next day of section 144 applied in Maharashtra, the Mulund Tol Naka was packed with vehicles, everyone had the excuse of medical emergency....... now suddenly if so many people give the same excuse, how will anyone trust them ??

Originally posted by: bips

"Stfu, educated idiots, irresponsible idiots" - 

why do people have to resort to such name calling to make their point...  do people don't have any right anymore to think and question that maybe govt could have been done things differently?

...  If someone has a different view point than yours can you not discuss respectfully? Maybe if you moderated your language then you'll actually change their mind..  

Not just the foul language...resorting to branding people as Liberandos, Bhakts,Feminazis etc is also problematic...It just blocks any possibilities of a respectable and fruitful discussion...But kya kare! Its not possible to change others and remove the problem entirely but we can surely reduce the problem by not being a part of it at least!

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: bips

"Stfu, educated idiots, irresponsible idiots" - 

why do people have to resort to such name calling to make their point...  do people don't have any right anymore to think and question that maybe govt could have been done things differently?

...  If someone has a different view point than yours can you not discuss respectfully? Maybe if you moderated your language then you'll actually change their mind..  

Your criticism is valid and respectful, filpflops criticism is. But Anurag's criticism comes from agenda. 

When Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan announced relief package and steps that Kerala govt had taken, I have seen some major appreciation. We still dont know ground level working of his govt but still the initiative was met with applaud. The same and much more efforts by central govt is met with criticism by same set of people. There I cant take their criticism seriously. 

There are 2 sides of it. Just like Govt's critics are awarded with name calling, govt appreciators are awarded with bhakts and mentor lickers n all that jazz. 

If you are genuine in your attempt, just avoid extremists agenda driven people. That's the way I go. You can't expect balancing approach by 100% people. Not in India, nowhere in the world. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Your criticism is valid and respectful, filpflops criticism is. But Anurag's criticism comes from agenda. 

When Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan announced relief package and steps that Kerala govt had taken, I have seen some major appreciation. We still dont know ground level working of his govt but still the initiative was met with applaud. The same and much more efforts by central govt is met with criticism by same set of people. There I cant take their criticism seriously. 

There are 2 sides of it. Just like Govt's critics are awarded with name calling, govt appreciators are awarded with bhakts and mentor lickers n all that jazz. 

If you are genuine in your attempt, just avoid extremists agenda driven people. That's the way I go. You can't expect balancing approach by 100% people. Not in India, nowhere in the world. 

So true..I am equally disgusted by the filthy, racist comments made by all the trolls on twitter..they can't even be called trolls..they r sick humans..all religions and faiths deserve respect..or rather all the people who r respectful and truthful deserve respect. 

Religious extremism we see on SM is worst. Sadly hate has no cure

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: niyati13

Early announcement of lockdown atleast enabled most of the people to stay indoors..another couple of days and even they would've been outdoors .Itna hi samajhte hote to lockdown karna hi nahi padta. 

Even now koi fayda nahi hai.

People are still roaming around on the streets in groups.

Just yesterday I saw a news clip where a woman in Calcutta was spitting at a cop. Kerala me a guy got stabbed at a tea shop over an angry discussion about the lockdown. In other states people are beating up cops for stopping them.

What part of 'this is for your own good' do people not get?

In my colony, a couple with their 4 year old kid come to the park every morning and spent the whole day there. Having a picnic lunch, playing badminton, doing yoga.🤔

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

are you guys even seeing the news.

Govt already announced today relief for every sector of the public, daily wage workers, farmers, doctors, beggars etc

i really really hate the opposition and libtards who for the sake of whining are simply complaining!!!

jesus, this is an unprecedented event. still India is one of the top countries to handle this in a remarkable manner.

Where developed countries like USA are struggling, India is way ahead.

With the limited money we have and high population, how the govt has handled this hats off! 

Notafan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The very purpose of lockdown is to curb the movement of people to avoid spread of the Chinese Virus.

There is no need for anybody to visit their native places and carry the Chinese virus with them to their loved ones.

That was the purpose Railways and vehicular services shutdown.

The government has asked owners for whom daily wage earners work to continue giving them their daily wage.

Does Anurag Kashyap have some serious mental issues ?

As far as Chinese virus is concerned the Indian government has handled it better than any other government considering resources at their disposal. Only S.Korea and Germany seem to have handled it as well as India.

Also it is a lockdown not a curfew, people are still allowed to go out and get essential supplies.

If India comes out relatively unscathed out of the Chinese virus pandemic it will be due to these decisions taken by the Indian government.

Edited by Notafan - 4 years ago
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Read a story about a 32 year old man beaten up by the police when he was out to buy milk and he was declared dead in the hospital.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: togepe30

Even now koi fayda nahi hai.

People are still roaming around on the streets in groups.

Just yesterday I saw a news clip where a woman in Calcutta was spitting at a cop. Kerala me a guy got stabbed at a tea shop over an angry discussion about the lockdown. In other states people are beating up cops for stopping them.

What part of 'this is for your own good' do people not get?

In my colony, a couple with their 4 year old kid come to the park every morning and spent the whole day there. Having a picnic lunch, playing badminton, doing yoga.🤔

Un logo ka faayda nahi hai..at least ghar me rehne wale ka to hai..if there was no lockdown there would be many more like them

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: roni_berna

Read a story about a 32 year old man beaten up by the police when he was out to buy milk and he was declared dead in the hospital.

https://www.news18.com/news/india/post-mortem-report-says-man-who-violated-howrah-lockdown-died-of-cardiac-arrest-cops-deny-assault-2552211.html