Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

There is no point in detailing the nitty gritty, how it could have been done. If government had plans, there were ways. Even in the lockdown period, essential services like healthcare and police run. Food packets can be placed in front of the doors in an empty street. But whether government had plans for it is another question. (Also, it will rather be the task for local/state governments. So centre needs to involve state governments too).

I am aware of patient 31in S Korea. I totally agree with people have been irresponsible in carelessly roaming around. In this thread, people have shown the video of police handling. I have also seen people attacking police for forcing people to stay at home and not ride on road. (But that will take a different dimension. So, not going for it).

All I spoke about was about some poor people living in slums who could be deprived of their food and how to take care of them.

Yes we have food available. We have milk, veggies and daily necessities during lockdown. All those shops are open and maintaining proper distancing. Even the small vendors r taking orders on phone, whatsapp and delivering.

Basic necessities r available.

There r people and corporates who r taking up initiatives and managing food for the poor with the help of government

Edited by niyati13 - 4 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: niyati13

To all the people saying lockdown is sudden..it is actuy gradual. Many places..many districts in different states were in a lockdown already..as for me..it's more than 10 days already. 

States were having meetings with the centre already. Few already wrote to the centre to have a complete lockdown. And at this time I would really appreciate Mamta for this. So they already saw it coming.

As for giving 3-4 days...u realise how much more it could've spread? Even with a lockdown there r more than 100 new cases today.

Exactly.......giving them 24 hours, wouldve lead to a crowd through out those 24 hours and wouldve spread the virus much more..........

and as for people traveling to reunite with their family.........while it was important, the main thing is we don't know who is infected and who is not........in a bid to pander to the emotions, what if the person traveling is an infected person and spreads the infection unknowingly to his own family and innocent neighbors............is it right to become emotional and risk the lives of people who have no chances of infection........yes its cruel to not let those workers travel to be with their families, but if it saves lives in long term, then any government would want to take that decision........... you cannot steer your country towards safety in such pandemic times, by being emotional........

could there have been a better solution....maybe one month back, yes.....more stricter rules for people returning from abroad......no matter which country, shouldve gone through stricter screening and isolation.........that wouldve been the best move......... but if you talk about giving a week for people to travel and take the infection to remote locations, before lock down, then that's a stupid decision and wouldve lead us to the same path as Italy, Spain and Rome.....earlie.....

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

FM made announcements today for the financial package. 

Just understand one thing. 

Early announcement of lockdown atleast enabled most of the people to stay indoors..another couple of days and even they would've been outdoors .Itna hi samajhte hote to lockdown karna hi nahi padta. 

And remember this virus came from the privileged ones..poor people aren't the ones spreading it. And good Samaritans are taking care that they have enough protection and stuff that's meant for them reaches them.

We don't have to be eternal pessimists always. 

Doesn't hurt to acknowledge the do gooders

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

I have found partial statistics but have office work as well so cant work on the data...

But see India has done better because it announced lockdown when there were i think only 400-500 cases. 

Other nations especially west were late to announce and it was out of hand situation(Italy,US, Spain, Germany and France.)

Singapore , Taiwan and (maybe) Japan have done better job but they are small nations as well 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

Exactly.......giving them 24 hours, wouldve lead to a crowd through out those 24 hours and wouldve spread the virus much more..........

and as for people traveling to reunite with their family.........while it was important, the main thing is we don't know who is infected and who is not........in a bid to pander to the emotions, what if the person traveling is an infected person and spreads the infection unknowingly to his own family and innocent neighbors............is it right to become emotional and risk the lives of people who have no chances of infection........yes its cruel to not let those workers travel to be with their families, but if it saves lives in long term, then any government would want to take that decision........... you cannot steer your country towards safety in such pandemic times, by being emotional........

could there have been a better solution....maybe one month back, yes.....more stricter rules for people returning from abroad......no matter which country, shouldve gone through stricter screening and isolation.........that wouldve been the best move......... but if you talk about giving a week for people to travel and take the infection to remote locations, before lock down, then that's a stupid decision and wouldve lead us to the same path as Italy, Spain and Rome.....earlie.....

The same people who r blaming NRIs and global Indians for coming to India and spreading the virus are showing concerns about the poor..and m sure even they have their fridge full of stocks.. including Anurag Kashyap. All this just to settle their scores.

These rich NRIs had the means to quarantine and still they didn't. How would a poor guy quarantine in his hometown with a small house full of his family? What would be the implications? Everybody who travels ..even by road ..is supposed to isolate just as a precaution.

And these same psuedos would've kids studying in foreign land, friends and family vacationing there and then would've blamed the govt if it had stopped all the incoming international flights early ..for stranding their loved ones in a foreign land

Edited by niyati13 - 4 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Modi is far far better than Trump who has been making one irresponsible comment after another.

On 9th March, Trump posted on FB this - 

"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common flu.  It averages between 27,000 - 70,000 per year.  Nothing is shut down, life and the economy go on.  At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of Coronavirus and 22 deaths.  Think about that"

As on today, the case count in US stands at 67K approx and over 1000 deaths!

Then he made another irresponsible comment about how anti-malaria drug in combination with another drug can cure Covid19.  People in US went and bought that drug in droves or consumed drugs meant for fishes and died just because of that?!

India in a way benefited because the virus penetrated later than most countries here and I agree that there were signs of an eventual lockdown since some weeks.  I have been WFH from last 2 weeks.  I believe the governments were asked to start preparing and since yesterday I am seeing regular flow of essentials and grocery. Its the stupidity of upper middle class and rich that are stocking up/ hoarding things for like 4 months or something and not giving thought to how it creates shortage for other people/ families!

However, I have also seen some societies and foundations now making provisions for free meals for needy.  Modi CANNOT do everything and yet he is doing his absolute best, I mean even Gandhis had to concede that Government is doing its best in dealing with the situation.

As citizens of this country, we all need to take some responsibility for each other as well.  Like most of us have relieved our house helps and have paid them salary in advance to ensure they have money for buying essentials.  We can also contribute to foundations/ NGOs helping the needy.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Neighbor in my in-laws society came from Nepal and wasn’t ready for test. My FIL called up 104 services, police and medical staff came, did his Covid19 test. It came negative but police sealed his house for 14 days and now they are delivering milk and fresh produce everyday so family shouldn’t have to go out. 

Workers in my Dad’s fast food center was denied going back to their hometown Rajasthan on the night of lockdown but police let them go in private vehicle my dad arranged the next day. They are safely home with their salaries. 

I see videos of police distributing food packages to daily workers and roadside slum people in Ahmedabad and other cities. I see restaurant owners providing food to police and other poor people on roads. I saw in news Punjab Police is doing night duty to not have any robbery. 

So if I see many people of this country trying to help. Police, doctors, nurses, govt officials up and running day and night, why shouldn’t I appreciate them? Lol. Indian govt is doing much better than US at the moment. Take that. 

But Anurag ka kuch nahi ho sakta. Iska pichhvada forever jala hua hai since 2014. There is no cure for that. 😆

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Neighbor in my in-laws society came from Nepal and wasn’t ready for test. My FIL called up 104 services, police and medical staff came, did his Covid19 test. It came negative but police sealed his house for 14 days and now they are delivering milk and fresh produce everyday so family shouldn’t have to go out. 

Workers in my Dad’s fast food center was denied going back to their hometown Rajasthan on the night of lockdown but police let them go in private vehicle my dad arranged the next day. They are safely home with their salaries. 

I see videos of police distributing food packages to daily workers and roadside slum people in Ahmedabad and other cities. I see restaurant owners providing food to police and other poor people on roads. I saw in news Punjab Police is doing night duty to not have any robbery. 

So if I see many people of this country trying to help. Police, doctors, nurses, govt officials up and running day and night, why shouldn’t I appreciate them? Lol. Indian govt is doing much better than US at the moment. Take that. 

But Anurag ka kuch nahi ho sakta. Iska pichhvada forever jala hua hai since 2014. There is no cure for that. 😆

He suffers from another virus that has no cure..the hate virus

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

India can’t be given time, because they will take advantage of it. 

If Modi gave Indians 4 extra hours, Indians would have been on the streets trying to take in every microsecond of pleasure before they curb it. It’s just how Indians are - they love their freedom, they love the outdoors. 

Take the 5 PM clapping stuff. Most people followed, but lovely lovely idiots did not comprehend what “balcony” meant, so they came outside with pots and pans to bang them in crowds so they could take selfies and pictures like this was a festival of sorts. 

Coming to how the cops are handling this-it’s unfortunate, but I’m wondering why that’s the case. Either they don’t understand that people are allowed to leave their homes to get essential items, or they don’t believe people have left their homes to get essential items. 

That being said, I don’t see another alternative (except maybe go through the judicial system to officially charge people ... but that sounds excessive). Requesting people to stay at home will not taken seriously, especially by the entitled youth. 

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

"Stfu, educated idiots, irresponsible idiots" - 

why do people have to resort to such name calling to make their point...  do people don't have any right anymore to think and question that maybe govt could have been done things differently?

...  If someone has a different view point than yours can you not discuss respectfully? Maybe if you moderated your language then you'll actually change their mind..