Randeep Hooda manhandles makeup man - gets fired by Mira Nair

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Randeep Hooda thrown out of Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy? Actor says he left after finishing his part

According to a report, actor Randeep Hooda was asked to quit the sets of Mira Nair’s upcoming BBC series, A Suitable Boy, after he allegedly misbehaved with a make-up artiste.

BOLLYWOOD Updated: Dec 07, 2019 10:45 ISTHT Correspondent

HT Correspondent

Hindustan Times

Actor Randeep Hooda has worked with Mira Nair in her previous film, Monsoon Wedding.Actor Randeep Hooda has worked with Mira Nair in her previous film, Monsoon Wedding.(Instagram)     

Actor Randeep Hooda has reportedly been asked to quit A Suitable Boy, an upcoming eight-part BBC series by noted filmmaker Mira Nair. According to a  in Mid Day, an altercation with a makeup artiste led to Randeep’s ouster from the project. The actor, however, said he left after completing four-day shoot for his small role in the film.

The report said the incident took place at the film’s location in Lucknow. A source from the production team was quoted as saying, “The cast and crew were stationed at the Hyatt Regency in Lucknow. In the initial leg of his stint, Randeep got into an argument with the make-up man (name undisclosed on request) about the look he was to sport on that day. It started out as a verbal altercation, but things quickly spiralled out of hand as the actor manhandled the make-up artiste. Mira was not present at the scene. However, word soon reached the filmmaker and the matter was duly escalated to the BBC team in the UK. The team promptly took cognisance of the episode, and a day later, they requested Randeep to respectfully bow out of the project.”

The actor, however, had his own version of the story. He told Mid Day, “Firstly, it was not a physical fight, but an argument with my make-up artiste who has worked with me for many years and is working with me on Radhe. Secondly, I had a brief role on A Suitable Boy, which I did for my love for Mira. Thirdly, I did not exit the project; I finished my four days of work and moved on to other projects.” Randeep, who is currently working on Salman Khan’s next, Radhe, was to play Billy Irani, a suave Kolkata-based gentleman from Vikram Seth’s famous novel.

Meanwhile, Randeep has been bulking up for Radhe and has been posting a number of Instagram pictures and clips of his prep. In one of latest posts, he wrote: “#radhe 640 pounds leg press .. Training to take on the most wanted bhai @beingsalmankhan Aap kitna press ki rahe ho, brother? Giving it my best, this is my #mondaymotivation. What is yours?”

If true, a typical haryanvi jat.

Edited by Lulzbolly - 4 years ago

He has always been a crass, disgusting man. He even harassed Richa Chadha on the sets of Sarbjit.

I guess the truth will come out when we see if he’s in the final product or not.  

Originally posted by ponymo

He has always been a crass, disgusting man. He even harassed Richa Chadha on the sets of Sarbjit.

Never heard about this. Google search came up with nothing. I just checked Twitter, and Richa is following Randeep currently, and she even tagged him in a tweet in 2017, a year after Sarbjit was released. Where did you hear about the "harassment"?

Edited by Rekha_ji - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Never heard about this. Google search came up with nothing. I just checked Twitter, and Richa is following Randeep currently, and she even tagged him in a tweet in 2017, a year after Sarbjit was released. Where did you hear about the "harassment"?

it was a blind. problem of IF(including me), blinds instead of being taking with salt of grain, we have started to believe it is 100% true, as long as it isn't about our favorite.

Edited by RegressiveThug - 4 years ago

Originally posted by ponymo

Randeep Hooda thrown out of Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy? Actor says he left after finishing his part

According to a report, actor Randeep Hooda was asked to quit the sets of Mira Nair’s upcoming BBC series, A Suitable Boy, after he allegedly misbehaved with a make-up artiste.

BOLLYWOOD Updated: Dec 07, 2019 10:45 ISTHT Correspondent

HT Correspondent

Hindustan Times

Actor Randeep Hooda has worked with Mira Nair in her previous film, Monsoon Wedding.Actor Randeep Hooda has worked with Mira Nair in her previous film, Monsoon Wedding.(Instagram)     

Actor Randeep Hooda has reportedly been asked to quit A Suitable Boy, an upcoming eight-part BBC series by noted filmmaker Mira Nair. According to a  in Mid Day, an altercation with a makeup artiste led to Randeep’s ouster from the project. The actor, however, said he left after completing four-day shoot for his small role in the film.

The report said the incident took place at the film’s location in Lucknow. A source from the production team was quoted as saying, “The cast and crew were stationed at the Hyatt Regency in Lucknow. In the initial leg of his stint, Randeep got into an argument with the make-up man (name undisclosed on request) about the look he was to sport on that day. It started out as a verbal altercation, but things quickly spiralled out of hand as the actor manhandled the make-up artiste. Mira was not present at the scene. However, word soon reached the filmmaker and the matter was duly escalated to the BBC team in the UK. The team promptly took cognisance of the episode, and a day later, they requested Randeep to respectfully bow out of the project.”

The actor, however, had his own version of the story. He told Mid Day, “Firstly, it was not a physical fight, but an argument with my make-up artiste who has worked with me for many years and is working with me on Radhe. Secondly, I had a brief role on A Suitable Boy, which I did for my love for Mira. Thirdly, I did not exit the project; I finished my four days of work and moved on to other projects.” Randeep, who is currently working on Salman Khan’s next, Radhe, was to play Billy Irani, a suave Kolkata-based gentleman from Vikram Seth’s famous novel.

Meanwhile, Randeep has been bulking up for Radhe and has been posting a number of Instagram pictures and clips of his prep. In one of latest posts, he wrote: “#radhe 640 pounds leg press .. Training to take on the most wanted bhai @beingsalmankhan Aap kitna press ki rahe ho, brother? Giving it my best, this is my #mondaymotivation. What is yours?”

@bold: That is how we should deal with harassers and abusers- no matter who they are- get out if you are abuser, harasser, sexually or otherwise.

Maybe  one day BW will implement such a system.

Really not cool to do this, whether Randeep is a good actor or not- he has to be a good human first..

Edited by MoonOrchid - 4 years ago