Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: shruzzy

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/151078995?tid=5110060

This my post and initially i found that in janhvi a questioning character because her suffering were totally right to her actions but her actions were also questionable on basis of is revenge a right decision? ? (note its just from 1-53 episode!  Of ebss)

I love such complexity. . . Though they gradually destroyed janhvi by way of pooja but still pooja dont need a man in her life till date she can go through her thick and thins alone thats difference in pooja! ! !  In that case minnie from Patiala babes is also v good character! ! 

Previously shows provided such content they bought profits too 

To add they were so huge that they shooted whole show in dubai (dastaan was a show which was shooted in dubai) now a days only half team goes and that too for limited period! !  Sadly but itv doesn't not provide in terms of content! ! ! 

Finally someone is making sense here. 

This is exactly my point. I am not saying that content driven shows shouldn’t be made. All I am saying is that such shows are not working out with the current TV audience. So PHs are not willing to bring such shows. Who would want to run a show without profit? 

IshRaian thumbnail

you clearly stating that u dont wont content 

U r saying trp = money which is not the actual picture but u wont believe it as many shows having big ph are also earning  and has less trp yhm but u wont find it interesting so u keep whats right according  To u and i will keep my thoughts 

Bollywood changed from masala films to content driven web series are also trying so i hope one day tv will also do that sony started soon others will have to do! !  Till than u enjoy ur part i will enjoy my part after all Entertainment and tv is for enjoyment right! ! ! 

It is funny that we are even talking about content driven shows in EBSS forum while this show itself is a typical saas bahu show (I know it’s fans will never agree; but truth has to be told) 

Gone are the days when good content used to be appreciated. 

11pm YHM was such a great show and believe me at that time TV audience used to watch the show making it a huge hit. 

StarPlus’s greed made t shift YHM to 7:30 pm and slowly they destroyed the show for the sake of TRP.  Now the show is running just for the record without any actual story. 

Over the years, TV audience have changed. Nowadays they seem to only watch overly dramatic shows. Only high voltage drama is working on TV these days. YRKKH/KKB/KDB are testimony to this fact. Even with crap storyline, if you have high voltage drama, you can get TRP. No wonder some shows keep getting their leads married because marriage tracks bring a lot of TRP due to the drama quotient. In fact to wouldn’t be wrong to say that YRKKH has been running purely based on this drama quotient. Anytime you switch on YRKKH or YRHPK, some festival or the other or some wedding will be going on. No wonder these shows do so well in TRP. 

So, unless TV audience support content driven shows, we wouldn’t be seeing any kind of influx of meaningful shows on TV. 

shruzzy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IshRaian

It is funny that we are even talking about content driven shows in EBSS forum while this show itself is a typical saas bahu show (I know it’s fans will never agree; but truth has to be told) 

Gone are the days when good content used to be appreciated. 

11pm YHM was such a great show and believe me at that time TV audience used to watch the show making it a huge hit. 

StarPlus’s greed made t shift YHM to 7:30 pm and slowly they destroyed the show for the sake of TRP.  Now the show is running just for the record without any actual story. 

Over the years, TV audience have changed. Nowadays they seem to only watch overly dramatic shows. Only high voltage drama is working on TV these days. YRKKH/KKB/KDB are testimony to this fact. Even with crap storyline, if you have high voltage drama, you can get TRP. No wonder some shows keep getting their leads married because marriage tracks bring a lot of TRP due to the drama quotient. In fact to wouldn’t be wrong to say that YRKKH has been running purely based on this drama quotient. Anytime you switch on YRKKH or YRHPK, some festival or the other or some wedding will be going on. No wonder these shows do so well in TRP. 

So, unless TV audience support content driven shows, we wouldn’t be seeing any kind of influx of meaningful shows on TV. 

i never said its a content driven i only agreed to to the part running around Janhvi Mittal and none of us who were happy with janhvi mittal are agreed to current story line and if would have read the hole topic i said not about ebss but other shows where i mentioned other shows too so its just that i m member in this group so i posted it here and not anywhere else....

i m not saying that any show is not good or not i m not here to make any judgement about the shows i do not watch what i m talking is u said in ur comment that the show is running with-out any actual story 

for example let's take the show EBSS if it would have been on 10:30 or all 11 00 people would be able to watch it with janhvi mittal as i found many people than complaining that we are not able to watch it as we are not free at that time it was not a saas-bahu drama though janhvi was seen as ideal bahu but she was all pretending and yeaahhh it was starplus greed that janhvi mittal just vanished in 50 episodes while she was such different character....

as you said YHM was giving trp at 7:00-7:30 at that point if YHM was shifted to to that and ebss at 10:30 scenario would have been a little different 

but my point currently is neither YHM nor EBSS as its gone but to there should be a change of welcoming and that is what i m talking about  nothing else

also if the shows than made profit than it would be a little difficult for now but not impossible!!

and about audience is what we are talking about one has to take risk and channel like starplus or colors which are mostly viewed they atleast need to take the initiative by giving chances to different genre they can easily make them a finite series  of 100-150 episodes and 1 finite series on non-prime slot wont hinder any profits to channel or PH and even actors willing to do new things can get their due and scope and believe me its not that hard or difficult or loss making risk....

Edited by shruzzy - 4 years ago
mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

@shruzzy it’s better to quit Indian tv altogether 🙃 I mean now there are other options available eg webseries, foreign shows which have much better content to offer and most if not all are finite. 

Waiting every weekday for a new episode for god knows how long is time consuming. 

IshRaian thumbnail

i never said its a content driven i only agreed to to the part running around Janhvi Mittal and none of us who were happy with janhvi mittal are agreed to current story line and if would have read the hole topic i said not about ebss but other shows where i mentioned other shows too so its just that i m member in this group so i posted it here and not anywhere else....

i m not saying that any show is not good or not i m not here to make any judgement about the shows i do not watch what i m talking is u said in ur comment that the show is running with-out any actual story 

for example let's take the show EBSS if it would have been on 10:30 or all 11 00 people would be able to watch it with janhvi mittal as i found many people than complaining that we are not able to watch it as we are not free at that time it was not a saas-bahu drama though janhvi was seen as ideal bahu but she was all pretending and yeaahhh it was starplus greed that janhvi mittal just vanished in 50 episodes while she was such different character....

as you said YHM was giving trp at 7:00-7:30 at that point if YHM was shifted to to that and ebss at 10:30 scenario would have been a little different 

but my point currently is neither YHM nor EBSS as its gone but to there should be a change of welcoming and that is what i m talking about  nothing else

also if the shows than made profit than it would be a little difficult for now but not impossible!!

and about audience is what we are talking about one has to take risk and channel like starplus or colors which are mostly viewed they atleast need to take the initiative by giving chances to different genre they can easily make them a finite series  of 100-150 episodes and 1 finite series on non-prime slot wont hinder any profits to channel or PH and even actors willing to do new things can get their due and scope and believe me its not that hard or difficult or loss making risk....

Well StarPlus did make this show POW and I am told that it was a Greta series. But it was a dud on the ratings chart. The show Nazar which airs at the same slot is getting great ratings. 

Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara once again I am told that it was a decent show. Different from the usual: I guess it explored falling in love with an old man. That show used to air at 10:30 pm and it struggled to get even 0.6 TRP. Now YHM which airs at the same slot is easily getting 1.5, despite the current YHM purely running because of loyal audience with a boring storyline. 

So StarPlus did make such shows but unfortunately audience didn’t support them. So with this “Rishta wahi, baat nayi” revamp, they stopped making such shows and started making only over dramatic shows like KZK.