Update full part soon.. Can't wait 
coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes, I am writing the chapter and will post soon!πŸ˜‰
coolie001 thumbnail

Namaste! Read. Enjoy. Share your thoughts!

Well, hello lovely reader! Thanks for waiting😭 I am so sorry for the delay. It had been a hectic few weeks with research work. But rest assured I'm back and here goes the rewritten part. Let me know your thoughts! πŸ˜†

Banner Credit: dv19

14. Cuteness and Camaraderie

Khushi was discharged within a few hours and NK suggested they go to his apartment instead of traveling back to Coonoor. Khushi stared outside the window as the car sped through the empty streets. What an eventful day! She wondered. She leaned her head sideways onto the window and shivered at the slight chilliness. She let it settle before closing her eyes. Arnav and NK were sitting in the front with NK driving. The jazz enveloped the car and lulling her to sleep, the stress and medication wearing her off.

It was with NK's constant shrieking that she woke up. She looked around and realized they reached. God, she slept for quite a long time. 

"Murugadas," NK yelled one more time peeping outside the window as a dark, hunched silhouette appeared in front of them.

"You will kill the poor fellow!" Khushi said irritated with his high-pitched voice and looking at a shaken Murugadas. 

The doubt still lingered in Arnav's head. NK's revelation of bits and pieces of Khushi's past bothered him immensely. He diverted his focus to other demanding tasks and sorted his email and sent some urgent messages. He bit his inner cheek to stop from chuckling at NK with the way he was humming along with the jazz artist.  

NK's humming was killing his focus so, he pushed aside his work for a while. His eyes automatically fixated at the lone figure sleeping peacefully with her mouth slightly open. Oh, boy! She looked adorable. He looked on, taking in her beauty. She was simple yet beautiful. Suffering at such age must have been so difficult. There are pains in those hazel eyes, hidden through the veins and wonders that she veils so elegantly. No doubt, she was pretty. 

His pristine thoughts were broken with NK's honking. His ears rang so hard. He gave a stern look at NK but to no use. He was going to wake Khushi up and as expected she was up.

"You will kill the poor fellow! Khushi sniggered from behind and Arnav couldn't agree less. They were in front of a gated community that Arnav couldn't read, he was busy watching someone.  

Asleep and shock stricken Murugadas hurried to the gates as he quickly unlocked the huge metallic gates and pushed them inwards. 

Arnav peeked behind and read through the number plate and waved his hand to the car behind them. He had to arrange for the security. He shrugged it away initially but assuming the uncertain situation he made the necessary calls.

"Hey, my security is behind, can you buzz them in?" Arnav asked casually as NK looked at him wide-eyed so did Khushi. She turned her head behind trying to gaze in the direction and observed a grey car.

She turned around to look at him and he waited for her to speak but all she did was shoot her eyebrows up in question. 

"It is needed," he said in a no-nonsense tone, although she didn't look convinced, she nodded. What's bothering her? He wondered.  

NK instructed Murugadas to enter the details of the car behind them and parked the car. 

Khushi tried to get down of the car and that's when she felt the pain that overtook her body. Suddenly feeling all achy she steadied herself with the support of the car. Arnav was by her side hovering his left hand and not touching her exactly, just waiting to catch if she falls and she couldn't help but chuckle. 

"Arnav, I'm fine, I won't fall," she had to tell him, but he simply shrugged, slightly flushed but walked close enough to guard her. She noticed NK's constant smirk and that stupid whistle that ringed in her ears. The best thing happening to you can be reduced to the worst thing if there is a best friend around. Idiot' She groaned. 

They waited till the elevator took them to the sixth floor and she rushed outside as soon as possible. The hallway looked quite empty. NK was unlocking the door as she looked at Arnav. He was stressed, no doubt. His 5' O clock shadow making him look even ruggedly handsome. What was happening to her? She was hopelessly falling for him. She sighed and that exact moment the door opened and they walked into a spick and span living room.

She looked at NK and his eyes danced with evilness. 

"Dibs," they shouted together, startling Arnav. The couch in NK's apartment has a story for itself. It was magical. They had a penchant for it. 

He looked around and watched the tiny yet neatly kept house. There were more paintings adorning one side of the wall than the other. He wondered if they were NK's work. There was an open kitchen on the east of the room, and two doors on the west side of the living room. The shrill ringing of his phone broke his reverie. 

"Err...I'll need to attend this," with that he walked out.

"Khushi, you are not well and don't embarrass yourself in front of your boyfriend, sleep inside," NK smirked at her. 

"NO," she could feel the heat rush into her face. Well, the fact that NK called Arnav her boyfriend seemed weirdly settling. 

"What, no? No, he is not your boyfriend or no, you are not embarrassing yourself?" he smugly asked. 

"I'm gonna wipe that stupid smirk off your face, pig head!" she poked him in his shoulder.

"Right right, now I'm gonna be the pig head anyway, now that you've got a prince charming," he chuckled. 

Oh yes, he loves to rile her up so much.

"Shut up!" she yelled and they both were startled at the sudden sound. Arnav was standing there looking aghast at the fallen piece of vase broken into pieces. 

"Arnav, are you okay?" "You okay, man?" both got up.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine! Sorry, about the vase!" he looked at the now broken vase guiltily. 

"That's completely alright!" NK told him as he quickly picked the shards and Arnav helped him hold the polythene.

Later he walked to Khushi, "here, your phone," he handed it to her. 

"Thanks," she smiled at him as he settled on the couch beside her.

"Who is up for Pasta?" NK got up, mostly leaving them to talk for a while and winked at her.

"We are," Khushi quipped as she felt her stomach growl in hunger. She watched Arnav fidgeting next to her. 

"Hey, listen, I know it is kind of not what you would expect but please, stay," she looked at him expectantly. Arnav looked at her lovingly. She wanted him to stay there with them, just for tonight. He nodded. Who was he kidding? He wanted to stay with her every minute, if possible.

"Alright, CEO, take a bath and change and you will be served with the best pasta in the world," she said as she got up. Arnav chuckled, looking at her ease and happy self.

"Khushi, do me a favor, don't give him your clothes, however oversized they are, show the man, my closet," NK yelled at her as he picked up some bell peppers. 

"Shut up, will you!" she retorted. Arnav was enjoying the camaraderie of these two. They were so at comfort with each other. He wished Khushi would be the same way with him and not change a bit.

She was so carefree with NK that he couldn't help but wonder if she would ever be with him like that. He was taken aback at the way NK referred him a boyfriend and prince charming. He felt warm and nice. Very nice. In that daze he sidestepped, and the vase took the fate of ground.

He could have arranged for clothes, place, damn, he could buy this damn place with a phone call, but he liked her bossing him around. It felt right. He agreed to wear NK's clothes, he couldn't have dreamt he would ever do that. He looked at her as she investigated the closet, deeply concentrating. Does she have any idea what she does to him? He wondered. He so wanted to pull her into his arms and kiss her senseless. Hold it, Raizada! 

"I give up," she pouted cutely. 

"The closet is yours, do pick what you want to, fresh towels are in the bathroom, or so I'm guessing..." with that question mark still adorned her face, she walked to the bathroom and nodded vigorously. "yes, in the bathroom. Let me know if you need anything," she said. 

You. He wanted to say but decided to shun the idea, for now.

"Thanks, Khushi," he pulled her into his arms, gently, and he knew she was taken aback but soon settled in, her head laying on his chest. Content. That is what he felt when she was near him. He never wanted to let her go and pulled her close enough knowing that she is safe and sound, breathing in that enchanting fragrance that enveloped.   

"You're Welcome," she said. She pulled off and looked at him.

"You need to wipe off that worry, Arnav," she said inspecting his face before kissing his cheek. He was taken aback at first but then smirked at her showing his other cheek but she simply shrugged, blushing enough for him to notice the pink hue on her face.  

She pulled out from his hug and walked out of the door. 

NK looked at a smiling Khushi as she walked from the room. He was happy. He was more than happy, exhilarated to be precise. Arnav did bring good changes in her. 

"Onions are waiting for you," he said as he pushed them towards her, smirking.

"I hate you," she said still smiling.

"I hate you more," he retorted.

"He loves you, girl, and believe me when I say this," he said in a soft tone as he prepared the sauce. 

"What?" she asked him.

"Dude, come on, he is a goddamn CEO, he is staying here," he said and looked at Khushi. Oh, was that a blush. 

"Are you blushing, tut tut...what day is it?" he said and was hit by the empty water bottle.

He just laughed. Indeed, he had to mark the day in his head.

Author's Note: A special mention is coming your way, guys!πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks to all those who waited patiently. πŸ˜† Haven't sent any PMs lately. But once I have three chapters, I'll send it. 

Next

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
coolie001 thumbnail

Namaste! Read. Enjoy. Leave your thoughts!

15. Dots and Demons

Banner Credit: dv19

Arnav stood under the shower and let the gust of water fall on his body. He flinched as the water washed over his bruises. The bruises were not evident till then and now, they started to surface. His thoughts wandered back to Khushi, NK told that there were attacks beforehand, but how will he bring that topic in front of her. Arranging security was a major step, and he was sure Khushi didn't realize that the security was for her and not him. He should probably talk to her.

He was getting ready when his phone started to ring and it was Ranjan.

"Sir, I am sorry, you postponed the meeting, but is there any way possible to reschedule it tonight,"

"Is there a problem tomorrow?" Arnav was curious because he thought conducting a meeting in the evening was a hard decision and he felt apologetic to have scheduled on today's evening. Now that he postponed, he didn't see a point for rescheduling.

"There is going to be a strike again, sir, this time a worker's strike," Ranjan told him.

Arnav sighed in distress. This must end, and that too soon.

"How soon will everyone assemble for the meeting?" Arnav needs to go and get things straight.

"ASAP, sir, say an hour,"

Arnav looked at the time and quickly checked through his phone to calculate commute distance.

"Make it one and a half, I'll be there,"

Arnav dressed in his previous suit and rushed out. AR was 20 minutes away from her,e and he should be there on time. But he needs to speak with Khushi first, with that in mind he walked out.

He noticed NK and Khushi changed into PJs and they were playing Xbox. She noticed him and was surprised to see him not changed. Arnav signaled her to come aside. She walked with him to the balcony as he held her hand.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I need to go to this meeting, Khushi, it is important, I don't know how long it will take," She looked at the time and was feeling uneasy.

"Khushi," he wanted her to look into his eyes. Why was she feeling so uncomfortable? She locked her gaze to his and sighed. She pulled him close into her arms.

"I want you to be careful. Alright!" he chuckled at her request.

"What?" she took a step back to look at him.

"Nothing, I was about to tell you the same," he smiled in wonder.

"I need to be there Khushi," he was helpless.

"I understand but please let me know once you reach, ok?"

"I promise,"

"Thanks,"

"I'll see you then," he planted a kiss her forehead.

"But please eat and go, I don't want you to run around without eating," Arnav liked her bossing him around.

"But,"

"No, eat, I insist," Khushi was adamant on that and he could not deny.

Arnav steered his way through the empty roads of Coimbatore. He was right on time, and as soon as he entered, there was silence.

Well, he was prepared for this, to get all the answers he needed.

By the end of the hour, he realized how messed up the situation was. The employees' union claimed that they were holding part shares, however, they don't have any solid paperwork. Not just that, on basis of mouth-of-word, they paid one lakh for securing the shares.

He is missing a few more dots to come to the right solution. He will find the black sheep. Why were they hesitant? He asked them clearly, who did this information pass through? The previous union leader who left the company was the answer they got.

Shekhar was amused to see the email from the boss. Initially, he was angry, because he called everyone for a meeting at 7 and then he postponed. He never imagined that this angry ruthless businessman that he thought ASR was, indeed would surpass all his apprehensions. After analyzing the facts, he could have shunned the employees' false claims as they don't have any solid evidence. That is exactly what he thought ASR would do but instead, he was being accountable and going out of the way, to find the problem, also promised to return the money. Well, he was pretty impressed by the young man. But now, when his phone popped up indicating an email, which said a genuine apology from ASR, his respect for this man increased tenfold.

Khushi looked at Arnav as he lovingly took her in his arms. He was leaving for New York. She wasn't sure when she would see him again. He called her at 8 in the morning.

"Are you alright?" Concerned, she made way for him to come inside.

"Slept well?" he asked her, and she nodded.

"Khushi," he pulled her close winding his arms around her. She hugged him tightly. They were slowly getting close, she realized how it was not awkward at all to hug him anymore.

"I'm leaving for New York," he spoke silently, and she flinched. Well, she was expecting it to come. She sighed reluctant to come out of his arms, she took a step away and forced a smile.

"Okay,"

"I am planning to come on 25th," she told him, and he nodded.

"I'll see you soon, I promise, I will call you," he took a step back and Khushi felt uneasy. She didn't want him gone but that's not how it works. Chiding herself, she tried to put the best face, all of a sudden she felt a tug and was pulled into his arms again. He cupped her cheek gently and his chocolate brown eyes sorted hers and she felt a sound kiss landing on her left cheek. This was not a peck, but a kiss. She felt heat rush into her cheeks and the familiar tinge in her body.

She tiptoed to give a kiss on his now evident stubble and chuckled.

"Take care,"

"You take care,"

With that, he disappeared from the front doors. Khushi rushed to the balcony and watched his car drive away, she waited till the car was out of sight.

"I'll see you soon," she recollected his words, and she wondered what soon meant. She decided not to burden him anymore. Needing a change of scenario, she decided to go to the gallery and help NK with random stuff. With the Winterigma coming so close, she was sure, there must be some help needed. 

TADA there you go, love you all for your comments. I apologize for the wait. :(

Next

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
Ghoruigrl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wowww.. They r so cute.. Loved it
rfexp95 thumbnail
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. <3 
A man leaving all his work just to make sure that he is by his partner's side when she needs him is the most romantic thing ever. 

Waiting for the next update! 
Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow two chapters in one day amazing,their relationship is progressing n both need eachother, i think the phone call must be from shayam for her ancestral home's documents to be signed n that was the reason she was crying n feeling lonely but not anymore now coz her arnav will be always by her side no matter what rime or which place.
shoobie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
2 updates - that's a treat πŸ€—so glad Arnav is able to be there for Khushi - though I must say NK is stealing my heart 
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Two updates...wow...
just loved the way their relationship is progressing and getting strong... He wanted khushi to be so open to him just like with Nk...I am sure she will be and even more than anyone... so he had to go to new York for work...hmmm But it's only one phone call from her...he is with her...its beautiful 
chinnulu thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Wonderful Updates
Loved the cute banter between NK and Khushi. NK is genuinely happy the changes in Khushi in the presence of Arnav and giving space for them to spend time together. Both wanted to be with each other but couldn't voice out. Because one thinks he is CEO and has other commitments and doesn't want to burden herself on him and the other because his work needed him and also wondering what Khushi will think about him. Loved how their relationship progressing slowly. Wondering is it Shyam's call which made Khushi cry so much and wanted to be with Arnav badly. Loved how Arnav left his work and reached Khushi as soon as he heard her missing him. Khushi was overwhelmed seeing Arnav in front of her. Hope whatever is bothering Khushi Arnav helps her overcome her problem.
Eager for the next one
Thanks for the PM