Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seshatree thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Just read all chapters in a go...Loving it...
coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks you all...writing Figments Until fragments ðŸ˜†
vijusb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi

Came across this story, it's really wonderful . Totally fiff setting. Read all chspters in one go. would love to read next chapters . update soon eagerly waiting

Thanks
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijusb

Hi

Came across this story, it's really wonderful . Totally fiff setting. Read all chspters in one go. would love to read next chapters . update soon eagerly waiting

Thanks

Thank you and yes, I'll be posting soon.
coolie001 thumbnail
Chapter 15 rewritten and updated😳
coolie001 thumbnail

Namaste! Read. Enjoy. Leave your thoughts.

Banner Credit: dv19

16. Flights & Fervency

NK was restless. With the event coming so close, there are still works pending. Khushi had been quite helpful. He could practically see her change breaking from those reservations and she appeared cheerful every passing day. He was more than happy but as 20th neared her anxiousness kicked in. He could only pray to let this all pass quickly.

NK asked her to rest as she kept on trying to grab random work and burdened herself. He realized she was getting restless. One thing was needed, she needed to clear her head and think through and let every emotion pass and not get dislodged in some corner of her head. He sighed witnessing his friend stumble upon past.

Khushi reached her home after she met with Mr. Gupta as there was a new project the coming season and it was going to be in Kutch. She was doubtful if she could make it with her impeding coursework for the next semester. Nevertheless, she gave her tentative yes, and an add-on guitarist for the play. Mr. Gupta surprised her by offering the lead role, which she laughed away nervously, but realizing that was a serious offer, she said she will think through.

Her mom would have been so proud. She wondered how different it would be if her mom and dad were with her. What followed was a chain of bitter thoughts, and she tried to eschew every thought which was impossible.

She tried to divert her mind and decided to take a nice hot shower. Yes, bathe and clear all the thoughts away. That worked sometimes. Thinking of a nice movie that she is going to watch, she settled on the bed before taking her guitar out. It had been a pretty long weekend. She couldn't help but think of Arnav. She missed him so much.

Although they spoke almost daily, she wanted to meet him in person. Her phone ringed and she hurriedly picked expecting Arnav but the voice on the other side sent a chill down her.

"Hi Khushi," it was Shyam's creepy voice. She closed her eyes, breathing deeply and trying to get the conversation over soon.

"Hello,"

"How have you been?" he drawled in that slow voice that sent chills down her spine.

"What is it?" she was curt, there is no point dragging. He is an ass and she knew it.

"I am doing good, thanks," he told her. She was pissed.

"Is there something important?" why the hell was he calling if all he intended was pleasantries?

"Yes, I wanted to tell you, I am flying in tomorrow, do you have a place for me to stay?" that creep. Khushi wanted to shut the phone right then but damn, four more days, she breathed in trying to calm her nerves.

"No, I have none, I will meet you  at the attorney's place at the mentioned date and time on your email, bye," she was about to hang up when Shyam added "someone wants to talk to you,"

She felt weak, vulnerable and needed to hold onto something. She fell on the bed, trying to clear her head but nothing helped. Her tears fell non-stop, and she felt physical pain consume her body.  

She furiously wiped her eyes before picking up the phone and dialed his number.

"Arnav," a silent tremble reverberated through the phone.

"Khushi? Are you okay?" his worried tone settled through her nerves, calming her a little.

"I am fine," she tried to hold onto her tears and kept a check on her voice.

"No, what's wrong? Is someone hurting you? Tell me," he hurriedly questioned and she felt the warmth.

"No, I...I miss you," she said and chuckled lightly letting the reins free.

"Why haven't you slept? It is 1 already!" his calm and affectionate voice gave her the much-needed strength.

"Yeah...I...I'm gonna go sleep now, bye," she said.

"Yes, sleep. We'll talk in the morning then, I've got work to do," he said and with that silent exchange of byes, he cut the call.

He called Mathur. Mathur scurried to his office and looked at his boss.

"I'll give you 1 hour, arrange my private jet. I'm flying to India,"

"Sir?" Mathur's baffled expression went unnoticed.

"Alright, make that one and a half hour. Hurry," Arnav said and watched Mathur almost sprint across the room and out to the hall making phone calls.

Arnav hurriedly packed all the important documents and stashed into his ready to go bag.

Khushi cried herself to sleep. She was disturbed with all the events that she wished she could call someone and talk. For the first time, involuntarily she picked her phone dialed his number. She didn't know why she did that. She gave herself a pep talk to muster some courage and not cry, but as soon as she heard his voice, her tears broke down. She wanted to hold him. She missed him.

When she said she missed him and realized he was busy, she felt like an idiot. Of course, he is the CEO for god's sake. That's the reality. In fact, she googled all about AR and realized his company not only did components, e-commerce, fashion designing that she was aware of, but there were 12 other sectors that it was flourishing.

She lulled herself to sleep watching Netflix.

The constant ringing of her phone broke her sleep. She realized Arnav had been calling her.

"Hey," she cleared her throat yawning.

"Good morning," he said, and she felt relief pass through her stiff nerves. Wow, he has the capacity to calm her nerves through the phone itself. Interesting.

"Sorry about last night I mean afternoon...I kind of," suddenly she heard someone knock on her front door and she was startled. Who could it be at this wee hour?

"Hold up, there's someone at the door," she said as she hurried to the front door and opened the latch to peep in lightly and dear god, her heart gave away. Her sleep jumped out of her in shock.

Arnav Singh Raizada stood at her doorstep in his shirt and trousers and a bag set on one of the steps.

"Arnav?"

She gulped.

"Yes?" he grinned at her, and she launched herself into his arms in super speed and Arnav had to balance himself and her on the steps.

"Are you really here? Why?" she asked him in a bone crushing hug. He chuckled as he placed a kiss on her hair.

"You missed me, that's why!"

"Khushi?" he called her after a good 2 minutes but all he heard was an "Umm. He chuckled

"Let's go inside?" she pulled away and laughed.

"Oh, god! What are you doing here? I mean,"

"Shh...come on," he said as he led her inside.

"I can't believe you are here," she said as she settled beside him and then got up all of a sudden.

"Where are my manners? Water?" she asked him and he pulled her down.

"Sit, I need you to stay with me, come here," with that he pulled her into his arms and she felt an unfathomable feeling take over her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him as she looked at him, his face stressed and his eyes slightly red. He looked very handsome and Khushi wondered how much he was possessing her.

"You were worried Khushi," it was a simple reason but meant so much to her and she felt overwhelmed and her throat parched. All she could do was smile at him feeling content.

"I am bothered, Khushi, we need to talk. I am here for you," he told her as his face scrunched in worry.

"Look you need to freshen up, we will talk, but first, sleep, get some rest. Have you looked at yourself?" was she ready to talk? Share her pains with him? Yes, was a reply from the gut. Maybe this is a step needed to move forward and crumble away the static life.

"Yes, I need to sleep," there was desperation in his voice. Looks like he hadn't been sleeping for quite long, she thought.

"Come," she led him to her bedroom and he happily followed.

She felt his cologne and his aura spread across her nerves. His quick strides and worried face, accentuating his features, even more, she felt a blush rise in her face. He was here moreover in her bedroom.

She looked at the laptop on her bed, on which she apparently collapsed last night.

"I'll change," he said catching a glimpse of the google page on her laptop and smirked clearing his throat. She shut the laptop with a thrust shaking the poor thing out of its wits and placed it on the table. Apparently, she was googling Arnav Singh Raizada and ogling at his images. When did that happen? She was watching Netflix, wasn't she? She wondered.

Oh, damn! Was she feeling shy? Where did that come from? Embarrassment agreed, but shy and her? Nooo.

She removed some extra blankets while he came back and stood right behind her. She was quite surprised to see him in his PJs and T-shirt. This was how they met.

"Hey, look here," he told her pulling up her chin and she carefully looked up feigning impassiveness.

"It's okay, you were stalking your boyfriend, that's alright," he smirked, voice filled with mirth.

Her mouth formed a perfect O and her eyes widened while she lightly slapped his bicep.

"I was NOT STALKING," however her face was flushed.

"Sleep, Raizada, you need it," she told him trying to change the topic and turned to fluff the pillows and set the blankets.

"Okay, there you go, take some rest for a while, you look sleep deprived," she admonished.

He settled on the bed and as she was leaving, he caught her wrist.

"Come here," she was appalled initially. But that genuine affection in his eyes pulled her into his arms. As a matter of fact, she never shared a bed with any guy.

Later she realized how natural it felt. She smiled and slowly settled in his arms with his left arm wrapped around and her head over his heart, she felt an unknown content. They snuggled closer and Arnav's firm body pulled her tight towards him before they fell asleep.

For the first time in many years, she fell asleep like a baby.

For the first time in many years, he fell asleep like there is no tomorrow.

😊

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
Ghoruigrl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome.. They r so cute.. Continue soon
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
What is that creep Shyam is up to? So sweet of Arnav to drop everything and fly over.
shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!! Loved the updates! Thank you for two updates.
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
They are so natural, there is ease in their togetherness. Glad Arnav is there before Shyam's meet . Cannot wait to know Khushi's past.