Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Auroraborealis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
To be very honest JW is already a brand name and I don't think she is very much anxious about screen space and career graph. The other day I saw her pinkvilla session and boy she shines like a diva. The interview makes you realise that she outgrown all effects by adulation.She has proved her skills and gathered a very strong fan base after her role as Maya. As mentioned by many forum members the dichotomy between the characters of Maya and Zoya must have attracted her a lot. Jen is in a very good space presently, she is calm, composed and absolutely at ease with her stardom. Let's all shower some love to the girl.
Pre leap enormous damage has been done to her character by the CVs however there is still hope, let's pray that our patience bore fruit.
tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i get what you are feeling and saying coming right out of beyhadh but my friend that was a very unique show which was driven by 'maya' and jenny ofcourse excelled. everyone else was just a catalyst to her life events. but this is a story about two people and its a love story very much the opposite of beyhadh.
zoya is different and yes i agree not as large and 'different' in terms of acting scope as maya but you cant be playing a 'strong' or 'different' character everytime right? ive had my fair bit of issues with zoya but im not opposed to whats happening- really enjoying it actually as basic as she is here, she's getting some nuance i suppose. its good. theyre focusing on adi's internal growth, as zoya realizes her feelings we will see hers as well. if not, then we complain. πŸ˜‰

ps. didnt know harshad till this show so not a fan in case anyone thinks so.
Shaenma thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes I partly agree with you. This is a love story of two individuals who decides to give love a second chance. Yet from the very beginning it's only the journey of one character which has been highlighted the most while the other character has been taken for granted. 
In the initial episodes the shoddy writing reduced Zoya to a whinny kid who is lost in her la la land. After a month almost we got a monologue followed by the suicide track. After that she was again back to square one. πŸ˜• Even characters in Udaan are better written perhaps.

Then for the first time she got the chance to spearhead a track  during the paak rishta track where many people felt HC was getting sidelined. But did that really do anything to help her character grow? 

We then pinned our all our hopes on the post leap track where we thought now her character will rise and shine. But alas again she has been reduced just to a love interest of Aditya where she no life apart from being his 'azeez dost". 

Can't the emotional journey of two characters be shown in tandem? If Aditya is going through a gamut of emotions and he feels Zoya is the one for him, majority now wants her to reciprocate because an elaborate track has been laid out in front of us to root for Adi. But what about Zoya? Her dilemmas? Does she wants to take the relationship to the next level or not? Isn't she the one who should feel this giving second chance wala thing more difficult because no matter how Yash was her love for him was genuine. 

The point is the inner turmoils of both the characters should be given enough importance. You can't make a love story where one gets precendence over others all the time. 

Nimshad thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I don't think so...
One epi of harshad and jenny isn't required wow
Haven't you seen post leap for almost an week it was all about zoya her success,her life,her equation with family,etc.
I think harshad hardly had anything to do at that time
Zoya reading pooja's diary,she going to hosp,zoya's breakdown had more scenes as compared to adi's breakdown(he only had 1 epi) so i srsly don't think so it is like that
And i think jenny fans are disappointed cz they have followed her in beyhadd and beyhadd was all about maya her love,obsession,etc.so basically she was the hero of the show
Beyhadd was all about maya but Bepannaah is about aditya and zoya
I think Jenny is mature enough to take her decision and she must have thought before taking uo tge show if she will not like it she will definitely quit

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaenma

Yes I partly agree with you. This is a love story of two individuals who decides to give love a second chance. Yet from the very beginning it's only the journey of one character which has been highlighted the most while the other character has been taken for granted. 

In the initial episodes the shoddy writing reduced Zoya to a whinny kid who is lost in her la la land. After a month almost we got a monologue followed by the suicide track. After that she was again back to square one. πŸ˜• Even characters in Udaan are better written perhaps.

Then for the first time she got the chance to spearhead a track  during the paak rishta track where many people felt HC was getting sidelined. But did that really do anything to help her character grow? 

We then pinned our all our hopes on the post leap track where we thought now her character will rise and shine. But alas again she has been reduced just to a love interest of Aditya where she no life apart from being his 'azeez dost". 

Can't the emotional journey of two characters be shown in tandem? If Aditya is going through a gamut of emotions and he feels Zoya is the one for him, majority now wants her to reciprocate because an elaborate track has been laid out in front of us to root for Adi. But what about Zoya? Her dilemmas? Does she wants to take the relationship to the next level or not? Isn't she the one who should feel this giving second chance wala thing more difficult because no matter how Yash was her love for him was genuine. 

The point is the inner turmoils of both the characters should be given enough importance. You can't make a love story where one gets precendence over others all the time. 

i see what you mean. its not really about screen space but rather the character growth as they go through these emotional upheavals and life turmoils. we know zoya has grown as a person but we never really saw the change- it seemed almost overnight. she went from sad to just happy go lucky superbahu. no nuanced moments. but adi was the stronger one and his maturity and vulnerability is evolving further everyday. but screen space wise i think adi-zoya are pretty equal. but as for jenny's necessity or rather zoya's necessity in the show, i think its still vital because i dont think indian cvs are yet talented enough to write a love story of a person with themselves. but does the role itself require jenny's calibre? not really. its quite a basic character imho.
nayantara. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What would Bepanah have been without Jennifer Winget? 

The show is a super hit with a huge following within days of its opening because of the crackling chemistry between HC & JW. 

They will together set new bench marks for a romantic serial on ITV Koi Shaque ?

We do not need to create controversies where none exist.
Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7
After all this i am actually waiting for Arshad to come then Harshad can take a back seat😊
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harshadholic

After all this i am actually waiting for Arshad to come then Harshad can take a back seat😊

LOL this is what you derived from the whole thread? People are only asking for giving more meat to the FL as much as they give the ML. It's got nothing to do with screen space. Jeez. I am a huge Aditya fan btw and he maybe my most fave fictional character on ITV and I am NOT a Maya fan. 

This current track is charming because who doesn't love watching romance on screen especially when the actors enacting look sinfully gorgeous together? But if one looks beyond the surface and analyse the narrative blunders (with respect to Zoya) the makers have committed throughout the course of the show with an unbiased mind, one would realise where the apprehensions are stemming from. 
Edited by MrsAkyurek - 5 years ago
Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: MrsAkyurek

LOL this is what you derived from the whole thread? People are only asking for giving more meat to the FL as much as they give the ML. It's got nothing to do with screen space. Jeez. I am a huge Aditya fan btw and he maybe my most fave fictional character on ITV and I am NOT a Maya fan. 

This current track is charming because who doesn't love watching romance on screen especially when the actors enacting look sinfully gorgeous together? But if one looks beyond the surface and analyse the narrative blunders (with respect to Zoya) the makers have committed throughout the course of the show with an unbiased mind, one would realise where the apprehensions are stemming from. 

Yes I am curious to know about Arshad.  And from this thread all I can infer is wait and watch.  I understand from where the apprehensions are coming from, unfortunately as a viewer, there are many things which I wanted to see from my point of view but that didn't happen.

All I can see is a very stable Zoya Siddiqui, who can deal with crisis, catastrophic situations and who is more capable of coping up with disasters in her  life.  Such category of people irrespective of their gender move on and give life a second chance and try to make their lives as beautiful as possible without their past effecting them.  They learn to defeat their turmoil, control their emotions and define life

I see a very unstable Aditya Hooda who doesn't know what to do when calamity strikes him, he takes the wrong decisions , tried to run away , doesn't want to come face to face with any situation..Post the leap his life is still in a mess, he needs some hand holding to control and channelize his emotions which is done with the help of his brother and his preconceived imagination of his ex wife. 

The characters  both male and female are doing a wonderful job in portraying both Zoya Siddiqui and Aditya Hooda.  Lets see how the story moves.

Edited by Harshadholic - 5 years ago