Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Asha1968 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
A pleasure to read the way you write . Great story telling - your writing is crisp any very different from most of the writers I have read on this forum. 
bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Welcome Back.  Happy New Year to you too.  I look forward to the story progress but the succinct writing, for the pearls of wisdom that is tucked away in each chapter, economy of words but not in thoughts.  I missed it.
This update reminded me of a  rare positive interaction between the siblings. Anjali giving him the insulin shot and the conversation about loving a brother is like "muscle memory" .   Guess that was just  that--rare - she now wants the firm.  There is grief of parents loss but she truly does not believe that their was any wrongdoing by her dad or shyaam's dad.  Loved Arnav's take on their parents

"I don't know who my parents were - saints sinning on the side or sinners masquerading as saints". 

Suman.. a true friend, voice of sanity..gently nudges him in the right direction.. no baggage... he can be himself.  He pouts, rants like to a older sibling ๐Ÿ˜Š

Arnav is sensitive so he did buy a gift for Khushi keeping her likes in mind.   Few shiny hair bands ๐Ÿ˜Š

The tycoon slurps, wipes his hands on his clothes !  Truly he can be himself with no expectations when he is with Khushi.

Thank you for updating.  Hope it gets boring in AD for you to write soon ๐Ÿ˜Š  

ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful chapter .. I loved the arnav is himself with Khushi
pinkly thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Khushi and her hair bands... really make me smile. The way you write about them is just cute :-). This time Arnav got her hair bands :-)).

What is with Anjali... she is a psycho. Ever ready to pick up fight with Arnav. She and her husband want to take over the company!

The last part was the best. Arnav's words and the blushing khushi... I am happy.

A very happy new year to you too. Continue soon please...
RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Chapter 16: When friends are family

"Since when you do you smoke?" Arnav turns around and sees Lavanya walking towards him. It's an annual tradition that the three started a decade ago when Arnav was reeling from his parents' death and discredits from his family. To keep things simple this year they had decided to spend the weekend at their shared lake house.

He turns around and smiles. "I don't." His smile turns sheepish when Lavanya quirks an eyebrow. "Remember the semester break I spent in Japan?" She makes a motion to continue. "I was learning Japanese, discovering anime po*n and cigarettes that had its own history - just like everything else in Japan. I had this classmate who smoked regularly and he told me that there were tea houses that customized smokes, snacks, ice-cream to specific kind of tea. It was a cultural experience."

"I haven't seen you smoke. Ever." Lavanya frowns. He understands the urgency in her voice.

"I haven't since those days. This classmate gifted me a box of best smokes when I was in Japan last." Lavanya hides her surprise.

"And you decided to smoke?"

Arnav throws his head back and laughs. "f**k no. I like to feel the burn."

And at that, Lavanya's face falls. "Arnav, please."

Arnav sighs and flicks the cigarette stub away from them. "I am a high functioning workaholic with minimal to no personal life. With Anjali's new found confidence in taking over the company, the distance between me and the two of you and the compounded tiredness from decade of mourning, regrets and accusations. I saw this case tucked away in my closet and I decided why the hell not."

"Bad idea." Lavanya chooses to address only part of his reasoning. The other part needs Aman and some time.

Arnav grins rakishly at her. "I know. It's nice to see you get annoyed - all righteous anger and your hair flying around you like flames."

"You are an asshole," she says flatly. Arnav laughs.

"You guys started to party without me?" Arnav and Lavanya turn around to see Aman standing few feet behind them.

"We gossiped about you and got it out of our system." Arnav deadpans. The awkwardness between him and Aman reduces a little. Arnav stands up and hesitates to reach out. In all the years they have known each other, their tactile behavior had been constant. Even when they were fighting, there was intimacy in that. Suddenly there was a chasm between them with longing and loneliness holding each of them back. Arnav waits for Aman to move, to reach out to offer the first touch. When Aman pulls Arnav into his arms for a hug, Arnav holds him closely and wedges his face on Aman's shoulders and heaves out dry sobs. He sighs deeply when Lavanya's long fingers card through his hair and rests her head on Aman's other shoulder.

Arnav is grateful for his friends and Aman's ability to shift the weight of the world on to his own shoulders. Aman is talking, his voice hoarse and muttering things to both Arnav and Lavanya. They break apart when a loud honking disturbs the quiet of the lake house.

"What the f**k was that?" Lavanya looks around and matches concerning look from Aman.

"Oh, I had a delivery made." Arnav says sheepishly. Lavanya and Aman groan in tandem. "Come on you guys. You will love this."

Arnav rushes out of the backyard and opens the door for the deliverymen. He signs the forms thrust in his face and directs the two men to place the large package in the den.

"Is that what I think it is?" Aman gushes as the three friends watch the delivery men remove the packaging and arrange an antique grandfather clock that looked heavily customized.

"What..." Lavanya watches, surprise evident in her eyes.

Arnav paid the men a little extra for driving all the way out of the city.

"How does this work?" Lavanya asks seeing Arnav walking back towards the clock. "It looks a bit different."

"It's a Weasley clock from the Harry Potter movies. It's a mix of both old school mechanics and modern technology. This clock tracks where we are at all times - based on the app that we are going to have on our phone. Did you guys install the app I sent link to last week?"  Lavanya and Aman took out their phones and switched it on. Arnav switched the clock on to power supply and saw the clock hand move and update his status. "I also got the person who built this clock to write an app that gives a digital view of this clock."

"This is beautiful." Aman says running his hand on the mahogany body. "Exquisite, even."

"You like it?" Arnav asks, hope choking his throat.

"Love it," Aman whispers. "La?" Arnav asks and Aman turns to look at her.

She brings both men to her arms and hugs them tightly. "I..."

"Let's get some sleep." Aman decides for the three of them. They don't have furniture but a large mattress. Aman drags it to the main room and puts some fresh sheets on it.  He gets under the covers and slides to the center of the bed. Minutes later Arnav and Lavanya walk in from different part of the house in their nightwear and curl on either side of him.

"La?" Arnav starts.

"Are you bored?" Lavanya manages to induce derision in as few as three words. Aman huffs under his breath that tickles Arnav's neck.

"Nooo..." Arnav drags, humor lacing his voice. "A little birdie told me you went on few dates with a guy who happens to be a prince of some kind?"

"You blabbed?" Lavanya shrieked and jabbed Aman in the stomach.

"You knew?" Arnav yelled and poked Aman on the side.

"Children." Aman sighs. "Behave. Play nice."

"You didn't tell me." Arnav whines a little.

"I am not telling my ex I am dating someone new Arnav."

"You didn't tell your best friend either." He pouts.

Lavanya rolls her eyes. "I was planning on telling you this weekend. That I am dating. Him."

"Is it serious?" Aman cuts in. Arnav is merely curious.

"I haven't felt this way before." There are stars in her eyes and a private smile on her lips. She smirks when she sees Arnav's open mouth. "No offense." She says.

"Offense! Offense!" Arnav shouts. Aman pulls him back to his side and mutters something about "little children" and "acting like morons".

"When do we get to meet him?" Arnav asks poking Aman for some solidarity. Aman ignores him as usual. He stays away when Arnav and Lavanya go at each other. It's more entertaining that way.

"Soon." Lavanya winks at him. Arnav groans and hides his face in Aman's shoulder.

Few minutes pass and a comfortable silence settles around them. "I met someone." Arnav says softly. Lavanya props her chin on Aman's chest, curious. "She is the clock maker." Aman, who has his left arm around Arnav pulls him a little tighter. It's the benediction he has been waiting for; Aman's acceptance of Arnav's preference. "Who is she?" Aman asks, ruffling Arnav's hair when Arnav goes quiet.

"She is Khushi." Arnav says softly.

"Meaning happiness." Lavanya says.

"Or joy." Aman adds.

Arnav closes his eyes and relaxes his body. He is surround by warmth, peace and content. When he wakes up there will still be the problem with his family. Whatever it was between him and Khushi was still undefined and stood in the precipice of being something spectacular.

For now, Arnav sleeps a dreamless sleep.

meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Deep deep sighs!

Clearly Aman is the only one who hasn't "met" anyone. Send him my way please, pretty please!
Edited by meera30 - 7 years ago
Greyasr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow  wow wow 
 Such a joy to see all of them together poke each other and inspite of the brokeness try and be complete 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
beautiful...so Khushi has become something more for Arnav, but he hasnt told her and told his friends...little weird for me, but its ok i guess.
Anjali is really something else no ? Planning to take over the company. Wonder what Arnav is planning to do about it.

Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved part 16๐Ÿ‘
Friends together with their bonding๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Eager for the next part๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thank you for the pm๐Ÿ˜ƒ
SharuAG thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Time heals everything
A clock and bonding bonded them stronger.

Him saying he met someone, that shows that Khushi special to him

eagerly waiting for the next part.