πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

It's working! πŸ˜†
soapbubble thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
The Best of Things
(Ragya, Swasan) Fan Fiction Series +16
By Bubble

Chapter 61

It was dusk. They were walking down the river, headed to have dinner. They were staying the night in Uttarkashi and had already paid their respects to Lord Vishwanath. They'd been directed to an eatery that promised a good meal and Lakshya strode ahead looking for the restaurant's sign. Behind him, Swara was keeping a lookout as well. 

Ragini was walking a little apart. Sanskaar noticed and slowed his stride to match hers. It had been an emotionally draining day for her. He took care to walk between her and the river that coursed powerfully to one side. They walked on in silence.

After a while she asked quietly, "Do you think the sacred river really washes away our sins?"

He shot her a glance. "They say so!" he responded, equally quietly, "They have said so clearly and repeatedly. Water is very powerful, after all. Plus, when there is genuine repentance, how can it not?" 

She just stared into the dark waters.

"I should have listened to you... that day," she said, "Aapne kaha tha ke aage ka raasta theek nahin hai... phir bhi hum chalte chale gaye!"

"Galati toh mujhse bhi hui thi na, Ragini? Aur tumhari tarah, mujhe bhi pachtava hua, maine bhi prayaschit kiya hai... kar raha hoon! But repentance - that's the important thing, isn't it?"

She nodded, only half convinced that her actions could really be negated by mere intention and remorse. An air of melancholy still clung to her.

On a surge of affection, he caught her in a warm side hug. "You're making up for it, aren't you? Hum sab hain na saath mein? Sab theek ho jaayega!" 

He patted her in comforting friendliness and her heart lightened. 

"Ab chalo, let's go have dinner!" he pulled her away... from her sombre mood and the dark river.

+++

They caught up to Lakshya and Swara who were waiting outside the restaurant.

"There they are!" said Swara to Lakshya, "Maine kaha tha na, Ragini Sanskaar ke saath hai? Khamokhaan fikar kar rahe the tum!"

"Kahaan reh gaye tum donon?" Lakshya demanded.

"Sorry, sorry!" Sanskaar said, "we got sidetracked."

"Ragini, did you go wandering off by yourself?" Lakshya asked her sharply. 

"Nahin, hum bas kuch soch mein pad gaye the...!" she said with an effort at lightness. 

But Lakshya was still frowning as they went in. 

"Ok, what I'm going to do is put all of us in one whatsapp group, so that we can communicate better," said Sanskaar, as pulled out his chair. "And Swara, please check your phone when it pings - that's what it's there for! I'm also going to add all of us to a tracking app - everyone needs to have their GPS on, so we don't need to worry when we can't find one another."

He fished out his phone to do it at once. Lakshya sat next to him and leaned in to see.
"Yeh group ka kya naam diya hai, bhai! 'Hum Chaar'! It sounds like so lame - as if we were a band of wannabe superheroes!" Lakshya remarked.

"Offo, I'm being factual, Lucky - there's no time think up a poetic name now!"

"Phir bhi! Kuch toh level hona chahiye!" Lakshya said.

"Theek hai... tu hi ban ja iss group ka Admin!" Sanskaar said, peeved.

"Ok, ok, you do it! We can always change the name later." But he rolled his eyes.

Meanwhile Swara and Ragini had their heads together.

"What a couple of technogeeks!" whispered Ragini, sounding more normal now. 

"GPS so that they can track us through the bazaars and harass us to speed it up!" Swara muttered. 

"Don't worry - we'll lose them in Haridwar. Send them on some wild goose chase while we go through Moti Bazar and Lakshman Jhula... Swara, I want to buy some achaar... I believe you get some great varieties here... and I know they're going to say we can't carry pickles all the way back to Kolkata!"

"Oh how can you resist achaar when it's your staple food? Bottles will be difficult but what if we..."

They continued to hatch plans in hushed whispers and suddenly noticed that the other side of the table had fallen quiet. Their husbands were looking at them quizzically.

Lakshya turned to Sanskaar. "Why do I get the feeling handling Swaragini isn't going to be as easy as managing Swara and Ragini?" 

Edited by soapbubble - 8 years ago
alisha17 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update 
Loved how Swaragini were making plans on ditching the boys 
Can't wait for next part 
Krishnabhisarik thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yay!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒThe 1st part was so sweet, simply put, endearing... Even i felt like giving a bear hug to Ragini, she seemed so wistful.. And she really is trying to make it up to everyone.. I like sanskar's way of silent support, its an art really... The SanLak part subtly shows how sanskar being the elder one takes care of the practical necessity and laksh being the younger one is more about the fun part.. Its the same with most siblings.. SwaRagini conspiring to lose their hubbys and shop away merrilyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† These sistersπŸ˜ƒ Dono sahimein bhaari padne wale hai SanLak pe.. Now that they have bonded right back, the poor hubbys might have to woo them again if they want to be dalofied any ghaas.. Ooo that would be hilarious🀣 All in all a cute update Bubble!!πŸ€—
Love,
Akshata😊
Mallika-E-Zain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing update Bubble! And thank you for the PM
All the 4 of them bond so well! Ragini's guilt is really good!!
The show ki Ragini is sorta nonredeemable but this one is quit better.
Sanskaar telling her how he repented for his sins and then the Swaragini discussion on shopping while SanLak try to think of a group nameπŸ˜†
Hilarious!!
Nice update
Sujayricky thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome update πŸ‘
Hum chaar 🀣
Swaragini rocks 😎
jyotikaur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Finally ragini is feeling guilty abt her deeds...sanskar is try to normalize thngs...laksh is ryt it nt easy to handle it will be fun...thanx for pm
_Esha_ thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hahah this one's awesome so ragini is generously repenting by taking dips...ohh! Come on she's good now...Sanskaar is talking sensible i like him but less than laksh in this fic ...RagSan & SwaLak have got a better bonding that's super..husband,wives and their silly talks 🀣 technogeeks and shopping freaks...seems like they're having an amazing time being excepted out from MM...love you bubble πŸ€— update soon please
qwerty012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Why I feel something going to happen to Ragini? Like lost n found, with GPS n laksh concern about Ragini
StarshineHues thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh yay I'm so glad my stalking...errr...pleading is working. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

This was such a lovely update Bubble, and for so many reasons. I loved, loved, loved Ragini and Sanskaar's conversation, they've battled through similar demons, that they do have an intrinsic understanding of the other's guilt and pain. And they really can help each other through it like noone else can.

And then my...I mean Ragini's Lakshya !! πŸ˜³πŸ˜³ His concern and protectiveness for her shone through so subtly and so brightly at the same time...I really cannot wait to read more on his realization of his feelings for her !!

And SanLak and Swaragini bonding was adorable...really, the foursome is amazing together !! Hum chaar is appropriate indeed.

And Bubble IDK how, but the entire setting is so atmospheric with the gushing rivers and local eateries and chaai...that it feels like I'm right there with them and can see it all happen in front of my eyes...that's the power of your writing. 

Just one chhotu sa thing...please make the next update longer, pretty please ? And could we please get an update quickly ? I know that we JUST got an update, but yeh dil maange more, your story is just THAT good. 

Loads of love. πŸ€—πŸ€—

Edited by StarshineHues - 8 years ago