Kaana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Posting from Whatsapp:
Dear National News Channels, people keep writing open letters every now and then to you folks and you must be used to it now. I am from the city of Chennai - which is the capital city of Tamilnadu in India. The moment I say Tamilnadu please don't mistake that Chennai is in Sri Lanka, it's very much part of our country about 300 km from Bangalore. Wanted to let you all know that it's been raining continously for the last 10 days and our local channels are mentioning that this rain is the highest recorded in 100 years. Several people have lost their lives and water is only flowing upto to neck level and hence it's really not serious. I switched on the TV today only to find news about how Congress and BJP is accusing each other for the ED raids, last week was all about Aamir Khan and Intolerance, then about this great lady who is accused of murdering her daughter etc...each of these news are of utmost national importance and floods/loss of lives are not significant. I have seen several times in the past when toll free numbers are set, relief materials collected by each of your channels etc but cannot see the word Chennai floods even in the breaking news section which in any case is breaking lot of news which are irrelevant. It's perfectly fine if you don't cover this news but for heaven sake don't call yourselves National News Channel by any means.

And I salute the great work being done by the army, NDRF teams, relief teams and the government.

Chennai corporation have announced Emergency Contact Numbers for all the regional zones in the city.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/ChennaiPowerUpdates/posts/519772078108899

For emergency people can contact following Regional Office numbers.

1st Regional Office(Tiruvottiyur) - 9445190001
2nd Regional Office(Manali) - 9445190002
3rd Regional Office(Madhavaram) - 9445190003
4th Regional Office(Tondiarpet) - 9445190004
5th Regional Office(Royapuram)- 9445190005
6th Regional Office(Thiru. Vi. Ka. Nagar) - 9445190006
7th Regional Office(Ambattur) - 9445190007
8th Regional Office(Annanagar) - 9445190008
9th Regional Office(Teynampet) - 9445190009
10th Regional Office(Kodambakkam) - 9445190010
11th Regional Office (Valasaravakkam)- 9445190011
12th Regional Office(Alandur) - 9445190012
13th Regional Office (Adyar)- 9445190013
14th Regional Office(Perungudi) - 9445190014
15th Regional Office(Sholinganallur) - 9445190015

Chennai is totally flooded and no power since yday. many stranded. Please pray for us my friends across the globe!

Thanks friends!

Warm Regards
KaanaEdited by Kaana - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kaana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ramya how is it at your place?
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I hope the floods recede soon!! I hope there is relief for you all soon!!! best of luck my friends!!! hugs!!!
twilightlover29 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Kaana dear

Sending prayers and good wishes. Hope you and your loved ones are doing well.
To be honest all I knew was that there was heavy rains in Chennai and then the entire intolerance fiasco took place

The media needs to elarn a lesson or two in proper journalism
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Kaana

Ramya how is it at your place?

Kaana, though i am a south indian i live in jaipur ,rajasthan. So everything is perfectly alright here. But yes, my uncle lives in chennai and previously we were little worried because we couldn't connect. But he is fine. 😊
Hope the situation gets better soon. Praying for this cause.
RuVa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Kaana - Our prayers and good wishes are with you and the people of Chennai! I really hope you guys get relief soon!

I have given up on the quality of journalism in our country - it is something I don't even consider news.

Once again dear - we pray for your safety and of all our brothers and sisters in Chennai!

Prayers and good wishes,
RuVa