Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

How is it evident that Karna wanted to kill Arjuna since Gurukul days when all he said that he desires to fight with him?

He could have just wanted to defeat Arjuna as well

In any case in CE he says that he wants Brahamastra to be Arjuna's equal so there is no desire to kill even here

Sabhayata.. can u check the previous pages.. I am not feeling like typing all that again.
And he never desired to be equal to Arjuna. Jamy posted the citation. It said he desired to fight.

And I know he did not want to kill A since Gurukul days but after they grew up and knew each other ofcourse. I believe it was out of jealousy and blind hatred.. but does not mean you also have to think the same.

Actually I have found that K is not important in the story. His being in the story does not bring in any difference except for the fact that Ps would win Kurukshetra earlier... 😆 
Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
No brishti..
Karna's biggest contribution to Jaya was, he incited panchalis disrobing and insulted her. He brings a major change to the story...I know many believe it's an interpolation but for a while let's assume it is not

What do you think Would have happened if Panchali had not been insulted and disrobed.

Yeah war may have still happened with the same consequences, but Dury and Dushy would not have branded as obnoxious villains and hated so much.

So Karna s biggest contribution was turning an anti hero into a despicable person, who also happened to be his friend
Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Hi
Discussing with you after a long time

In CE krishna ji clearly says to Arjuna that if you have the knowledge of Pasupata today you will be able to kill Jaydratha tomorrow

He then kind of concentrates on shiva ji gets transported there or something where he gets a bow for Shiva ji and in return gets Pasupata

Arjuna clearly uses a strong divine weapon to kill Jaydratha the the name of the weapon is not mentioned

So he could have used Pasupata or not but he does use a strong divine weapon

Yes the sun thing is not in CE

I meant pl post citation of Jayadrath vadh from CE translation by debroy 😃 
Arjuna killed his strongest foe Karna with 'Anjalika' needless to say that he used something of that category to kill Jayadrath. Aindrastra is mentioned to have been used .. 
Reminding of Pasupata was like instilling confidence in Arjuna because the vow he had taken was near to impossible and Krishna was really worried , he even expresses his anxiety to his charioteer Daruka and his anxiety is proven right , the next day to protect Jayadrath , there are not only warriors surrounding him but there were chakravyuha, suchimukha and shakatavyuha created so first Arjuna had to pierce and destroy the vyuhas and defeat the warriors surrounding J before he could actually get hold of Jayadrath.

PS : seems u're busy these days, it was really long time we discussed ...