The inexplicable pull of Zindagi Gulzar Hai

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
There are better dramas...  better directed ones, bigger block-busters ones, more issue-based ones, more sensitive ones and the list goes on and then there is Zindagi Gulzar Hai!πŸ˜ƒ

Most of u know how addicted I am to ZGH, as r many and everytime there's a re-run ppl r as excited to watch it as ever and after watching it they r as excited to re-live those moments and to talk about it.

I have seen ppl having Twitter convos using only the dialogues used by Zaroon and Kashaf.

In my case, ZGH is literally my stress buster and I do end up watching some bit of it most of the days that I am free. I have the entire show on my pen-drive, computer and tab and some clippings/ episodes on my mobile too. While traveling a while ago with my mom and sister in the train, I was watching ZGH on my tab. Both my mom and sis, though not so crazy about ZGH ended up watching it on my tab. Now when I happened to call my mom and asked her what she was doing, she said she was watching ZGH on Zindagi.

As I have often said ZGH has it's flaws, just like the drama's main protagonists Kashaf and Zaroon, but just like them,  the show is just too relatable, endearing and has a lot of heart that one keeps going back to watching it...again and again!

Zindagi Gulzar Hai is indeed Gulzar and as Zaroon says, kuch toh baat hai!πŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
1 more addition to already 'n' of threads on ZGH in the forumπŸ˜†..am I complaining??Not at all,loved it.
I won't say that its best show out there but as the title says it has the pull that it draws you towards it...such is the charm of the show.
The first line of the post summarizes it quite well.πŸ‘πŸΌ
I am not watching its current telecast but its spot remains undeterred for me.

For many people this may sound rhetoric everytime we sing praises for this show and for some it may be overrated and over discussed but for many like us(crazy ZGH maniacs)its the best show to have happened in the recent times.

UglyDuckling. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
watching the show again...and making each moment memorable..
zindagi toh wakahi gulzar hai jab zaroon aur kashaf tv pe ho😳
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
                         Yes its really amusing that watching this show so many times even then it looks fresh . Credit should be given to the story how it was told that it touched every one in rel life somewhere , its characters seems to be from real world perhaps thats the reason ,its freshness is not gone . You can not stop laughing or smiling when Zaroon comes to mind and with that Kashaf who touch some cord inside you and you can feel her insecurities . Thank you Khamoshhh for this post and if you do not mind are you related to or fan of Shatrughan Sinha . Watching some ad. and there was this sound of Khamoshhh and then you came to mind .  
kasaf_ZGH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
if zindegi re runs it thousand times I will be its viewer at that time also πŸ˜› Edited by kasaf_ZGH - 9 years ago
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Neerjaa

Yes its really amusing that watching this show so many times even then it looks fresh . Credit should be given to the story how it was told that it touched every one in rel life somewhere , its characters seems to be from real world perhaps thats the reason ,its freshness is not gone . You can not stop laughing or smiling when Zaroon comes to mind and with that Kashaf who touch some cord inside you and you can feel her insecurities . Thank you Khamoshhh for this post and if you do not mind are you related to or fan of Shatrughan Sinha . Watching some ad. and there was this sound of Khamoshhh and then you came to mind .  

@ Bold - u r most welcome.😊

@ Red - neither. πŸ˜† Actually b4 Zindagi I was usually active in the bIgg Boss forum nd there dey tend to bash a lot and I was too polite to say shut up, so hence my username for bashers.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Ah agree der's a freshness to the show dat does not make us give up on it nd der's always something new to get from the show. Like now that I was watching I realized that Asmara was always possessive of Zaroon nd didn;t like him talking to other girls, not only Kashaf. Also I have often seen ppl comment that Kashaf was always rude to Zaroon, but she is equally rude to Asmara, Osama and Maria too, though the latter 2 were never mean to her. Guess her rudenss was an inherent part of her nature and she wasn't even aware tht she was being rude.

Achha bas ho gaya...I better stop else I'll never stop.πŸ˜†
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

@ Red - neither. πŸ˜† Actually b4 Zindagi I was usually active in the bIgg Boss forum nd there dey tend to bash a lot and I was too polite to say shut up, so hence my username for bashers.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Ah agree der's a freshness to the show dat does not make us give up on it nd der's always something new to get from the show. Like now that I was watching I realized that Asmara was always possessive of Zaroon nd didn;t like him talking to other girls, not only Kashaf. Also I have often seen ppl comment that Kashaf was always rude to Zaroon, but she is equally rude to Asmara, Osama and Maria too, though the latter 2 were never mean to her. Guess her rudenss was an inherent part of her nature and she wasn't even aware tht she was being rude.

Its not you only here i think most are sailing in the same boat where ZGH is concerned . You do not get bore when watching ZGH. Zaroon is sensible where his own family is concerned and he is right when he asks his mother where she is going ? Where comes womeb lib. here and with that conservative attitude .

Kashaf is like that only . She is angry with herself and thats why she remains rude  to others . As if you are angry with whole world .
kasaf_ZGH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ZGH is like a journey of life. Life has all its troubles sorrows but it is on us whether we took it optimistically or pessimistically. It teaches us to forget & forgive painful memories & continue life with happiness. Optimism is much needed in life to make life gulzar. We should thankful to God to give us this life. We must respect it. Rafia makes Kashaf understand this fact from beginning to end. 

Despite many flaws in Zaroon's character his optimism forces us to love him. Another reason of loving him is obviously our one and only FAWAD KHAN.  
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Hello Khamoshh πŸ˜Š
I absolutely agree with you. There's something about this show that pulls us toward it. When I first watched it I was mesmerized by its simplicity. The characters feel so real, so genuine. I could see my mother in Rafia and myself in Kashaf. All the scenes between them are beautiful. I think one of the reasons why this show is so loved by many is because people can relate to Kashaf. Many people at times get hopeless,adopt a negative view toward life like kashaf did. But this show teaches us so many things about life. It teaches us to remain hopeful, positive and to keep faith in God in tough times like Rafia did.  
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

I read a comment on YouTube which said Zaroon is now falling hopelessly in love with Kashaf now that he is not under Asmara's shadow on the Badin scenes. I couldn't help but think how true that was.