wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago
https://i.imgur.com/6v6ZYvc.png

https://i.imgur.com/raTo3Gy.jpg

Mahabharat Is Not Only The Story Of The Family Feud Between The Kauravas And The Pandavas. It Is The Story Of Our Bharat, Our Mahabharat. It Includes Many Stories That Have Been Added To The Main Epic, Over A Period Of Time, Which Represents All The Historical Periods And Contains The Emotions, Joy, Pain And Love Of All People In India, Right From Kashmir To As Far As The Kanyakumari, Which Is Indeed The Mahabharat.

This Is A Small Try From My Side, To Pen Down The Greatest Epic Of All Times. I Hope My Friends Over Here Will Like It.

My Introduction ? I Am Proteeti Aka Radhey...I Am Mostly Active In Th Star Plus' Mahabharat Forum And The Mythological Masti Forum...And, Most Importantly, I Am A Head Over Heels In Love With Kanhaji, My Lord Krishna...

A Big Thanks To All Of My Friends Who Helped Me Achieve This Second Thread, And I Hope This Will End As Soon As The First One Did.

Please Scroll Down For The Index !

Edited by Radhikerani - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Part 12

Chitrangad-Vichitraveerya--Amba-Ambika-Ambalika

Satyavati And Shantanu Had Two Sons Namely Chitrangad And Vichitraveerya. King Shantanu Died Even Before Vichitraveerya Grew Up. Bheeshm Declared Chitrangad As The Next King Of Hastinapur.

Chitrangad Was A Very Arrogant King, And Thought That Everyone Was Inferior To Him. Once A Gandharva Raaja (Celestial King), Also Called Chitrangad, Challenged The Former To A Duel As He [Human Chitrangad] Refused To Change His Name. The Human King Was Killed In The Fight.

Bheeshm Now, With His Mother Satyavati's Permission, Declared The Child, Vichitraveerya, The Next King. When Vichitraveerya Became Of Age, Bheeshm Started To Look For A Suitable Wife For The King.

Bheeshm Received The News That The Three Daughters Of The King Of Kaashi Were Having Their Swayamvar. Immediately He Rushed To Get Them. In The Marriage Hall, The Three Beautiful Princesses - Amba, Ambika And Ambalika - Shuddered As They Heard The Decisive Blow Of Bheeshm's Conch Shell. Many Of The Kings Made Fun Of Bheeshm And Accused Him Of Breaking His Vows. Bheeshm, Angered By This, Forcibly Took Up The Three Crying Princesses On His Chariot And Turned Towards Hastinapur.

All The Kings Present There, Fought Against Bheeshm Under The Orders Of The King Of Shalva But Bheeshm Defeated All Of Them Within A Few Moments And Sped Off To Hastinapur.

Queen Satyavati Took In The Three Princesses Like They Were Her Own Daughters. Amba, Backed Up By This, Went Up To Bheeshm And Said, "Sir, I Admire Your Bravery And Skills, But These This Should Not Be The Cause Of A Woman's Sorrow. Sir, I Love The King Of Shalva And Had Already Made Up My Mind To Choose Him. Even My Father Consented To This Relation. So Don't I Have The Right To Go Back To Whom I Love ?"

Bheeshm Smiled, "Of Course My Daughter, You Have. But Why Did You Not Tell Me Before ? I Would Have Given You Back To The King At That Very Moment. But It Is Of No Use Crying Over Spilt Milk, So You Take Rest Here For The Night, And I'll Send You To Shalva With Due Respect To The Queen Of Shalva."

Next Morning, Amba Rode Off To Shalva, On A Beautiful Palanquin, Praising Bheeshm From The Core Of Her Heart, While Ambika And Ambalika Were More Than Happy To Marry The King Of The Most Powerful Kingdom. But Alas, Destiny Played A Cruel Game With All The Three Sisters - Amba Was Rejected And Humiliated By The King Of Shalva, While Vichitraveerya Died Of An Incurable Disease.

wayward thumbnail
Super-important Note :

Thank You So Much Everyone, For Helping Me Finish The Last Thread. I Hope All Of You Will Continue To Support Me In This Huge Task !!!

Special Thanks To :-

Surya_krsnabhakt : There's  Absolutely No Chance Of Me Going Wrong Anywhere In The Story With Him Around ! I Can Save A Lot Of Time, By Asking Him, Rather Than Searching The Net.

Archana.nac : She Visits Rarely, But Leaves A Mark For A Long Long Time.

prateek.007 : He Always Brings A Smile Onto My Face With His Detailed Comments !

PrincessFlavia : She's Such A Sweet Lady, Always So Polite And Punctual !!

Pamalo : Anyadi Is Always Making Me Feel So Special !

So, May I Ask For A Special Round Of Applause For These Special Friends Of Mine ?

πŸ€— πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ€—

-Anitha- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Congo for the new thread.
Loved this part and banner.

Cutely written n cute thread.
lipshaa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wow.. new thread :))
Congratulations <3
A_bibliophile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Congo for new thread
Please put that Krishna jee pic
Which is shown in star plus Mahabharata
Saurabh Jain I guess
Please
Thanks
Best of luck
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congratulations for the new thread.Waiting for the next installment!!
Gudiyeet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Picture: Brightness Congrats graphic
anshikashaheer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
just lovely and awesome..dear..πŸ€—πŸ‘written amazingly