Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thank You so much everyone for the best wishes .

Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IssK.

Zang ki fikar mat kar Jaaneman
Aaja, baith ke toh dekh!! πŸ˜†

And "weirdness" reminds me. Yaad hai... I posted a message you fell for, on Indi's birthday thread... Wait i'll remind you :

Kuchh yaad aaya?😊

And since you've brought Iqbal here, you get another πŸ€—
Mujhe pata hai Janaab, your dil is deeper and richer than all the dariyas and samandars!

And since we're on the subject of fabulous Sufis, here is Alif Allah Chambe di Booti, one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES written by Sultan Bahu...you may have heard it...surely you have (got abused in the movie "cocktail") ...and Arif Lohar's voice...Aah!!
Soney pe suhaaga!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzHe4K_3j08[/YOUTUBE]
Credit:youtube

My favorite lines:

Jugni dig payee vich roi
She stumbled into a ditch and cried

Othe ro ro kamli hoi
She wailed madly, relentlessly

Oddi vaath naye lainda koi
There was no one who'd come asking for her

Tey kalmay binna nai mildi toi

The only way out in life is to remember the creator

I am sorry ArshiH and Issk for coming in between your post.Just couldn't resist.
Arshi H I had no idea you are Punjabi but I knew you love Sufi Kalam as read here sometimes... and I am sorry Issk we never been introduced .

This is one of my fav Allah Hoo and sharing it with you.My Father was so much in Sufism and very much deep into it,Honestly speaking never understood deep meaning but he did try explaining to me and after him ,now I try to understand it.It really gives you some sort of peace within you.Now I love listening too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3IWWVpIHH8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by MehreenB - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 247

"What the hell were you thinking?" They stood as if on opposite banks of a river.. The water turbulent, rising, falling, never ever meeting. 

"I didn't do it for Lavanya"..  He snarled. Shook her roughly, ASR gussa threatening to overshadow everything he has kept tightly under wraps since the revelation jo chap gay hai mann mein. "Don't lie" .. She braved his anger.. Added in her anger.. Hissed and fought back with complete ownership this time. Demanded an answer..

"Kyunki main tumhare aur Shyam ke bare mein janta hun"..  His calloused fingers clutched desperately onto her delicate slender arm. One he had marked before.. Left his harsh imprint on. This time his words leave behind a mark of their own. Beyond what the eye can see. something deep within..

The camera zooms in.. Very next frame a wide shot.. And two people stand motionless on a roof.. Affair.. The word spilling out of his mouth sounds derogatory to an extreme.. "Itna kaise gir sakti ho?" He has been thinking.. and  thinking.. Going crazy really.. How could she stoop low? Depraved action in his eyes. Didn't she stop to consider that there was an innocent wife involved whose life would be destroyed in all this? His own di. Hadn't the same happened with his ma.. He had borne the brunt of a family getting destroyed..obliviated really.. The Mallik name gone forever.. All because of a faceless nameless haunting presence of some scarlet woman.. And his ma's husband committing an unforgivable wrong.. The family that has been welcoming, taken you in as its own how could she betray them? He has been obsessing ..

And she.. She hasn't spoken a word yet.. No sound from those quivering lips.. But eyes can be as eloquent .. Before the escaping salty water can melt his resolve he has to stop it.. He has to say it out loud.. Mocking.. Goading.. "Ya right?" ..  Convince himself perhaps that the innocence is a farce. Her genuine face. However innocent she looked, from inside she was.. Does not even complete the sentence.. You know he would have chosen to say something terrible. You are thankful that he reigned in the thought. Would have caused too much devastation if voiced out..

"main nai chahta tha ki di ki aane wali nanhi khushi iss khushi ki wajah se bardbad ho".. Beautiful dialogue.. And so he shares with her one more catalyst that compelled him to do what he finally did.. However hard, unimaginably painful he would have still told di the dirty truth but then had come the news of a little bundle of joy.. And he had done all in his power . And a lot outside his power, come to think of it, to ensure di survives . No limits to what he can bear for his di. He could even marry a girl like Khushi for her sake. He could. So he did..

And now all he does is wait for 6 months to be over, to be free of this self imposed penitentiary. So that he can safely throw her out. How many times has he yelled, commanded in varying degrees of emotion. "Get out" .."I said get out".. "Now".."Meri zindagi se nikal jao" .. "Chali jao yaha se".. But has it ever been this painful? "Kyunki main tumse nafrat karta hun Khushi.." He hates her and now she knows why. They lashed out at each other and hatred and a door came in their way after the marriage. But the words he says today remain echoing.. Rising.. Escalating.. "because you don't have a character".. And underlining that he flings down those stars. Her parents soul in them. Rejecting the purest of belief that she left with him. One act that pushes out all breath from me. I can no longer process what it must have done to her.. And to him.. Always both together.. Never apart.. Damaged.. Annihilated.. Survival impossible in this moment..

She had called him characterless once and mad with anger he had whirled are around and hauled her close.. She stands stunned. Allowing the biting pain to pierce her further. He hates her. Ungrateful home wrecker that she is, he can't stand being tied to her. Characterless... A sense of violation here.. Unfairness.. A woman with high bar for morals. The love of her life taints her image with such sinful words.. Swirling..whirling..sinking in the feeling.. 

Sometimes life reaches a point when nothing is in your control.. All you can so is step out of yourself and witness life.. A life defining moment really.. Will you break or will you gather reserves of energy you never knew you possessed to fight and claim back what is yours.. Perhaps the creators understood the momentous occasion they had reached and so decided it needed commemoration.. A new tune.. for old words.. Rabba ve.. As encased in heart break.. Love reflecting in heart ache.. No one said love was easy, but they conveniently forgot to tell us how exceptionally unbearably hard it can get.. "kyu dard hai itna tere ishq mein"..

His walk.. his grace.. his pursed lips.. taut face.. dark eyes.. Angry glare.. him.. Her lowered face.. Glistening tears.. Swallowing hard.. Shattered.. Agony.. Her .. I don't want to talk about the acting today.. They aren't Sanaya and Barun today.. Not the characters.. not a pair of actors, but two real life people fighting.. hurting.. Crying.. Angry..

Has she ever been this powerless? Has he ever felt this beyond her reach? She stand all alone. Stunned. No one to hold her hand . No shoulder to rest on . No one to voice concern and ask "tum thik ho?" .  All she has is a lifeless concrete terrace wall which offers silent support as she slides down it.. Drained of all life.. She cries.. 

We need a break to remind ourselves to start breathing again. Maybe he does too.. So he stands erect, feet apart.. A railing offering support here as well.. A warrior stance.. And torment etched on his face.. Facial muscles clenching involuntarily as he tries to endure the onslaught of memories. He does remember her candid beautiful confession of holi.. Her heart beats faster whenever he is near.. But then in crawls the voice of a snake to poison his sweetest memories.. Shyam loves only Khushi..  He has finally opened up to the locked away hell.. Let his anger free, but he knows instinctively something is gravely wrong.. A dupatta , vivacious and lovely, privy to their journey, flies out in an attempt to caress the tortured man.. Damn! And the palm hit the railing.. You know its pain .. His.. And hers.. 

She is back.. Normal? I think oh no Khushi! Don't brush this off.. Face it.. He stands perplexed ..  Now she talks and he stands quiet.. Watchful.. But her voice is breaking.. There is the lingering tremor you can't fail to notice.. "Kis mitti ki bani hai ye?" the voice manages to transport you right inside the confusion is his mind.. She had smiled and been talkative on the drive back home on diwali and today she does the same.. Buaji , amma finally ready with pasta for Arnav bitwa, but I find myself unable to concentrate on that today. Amma with her uncanny knack of sensing bitwa's moods asks if they had a fight. He can't stay and comfort even amma today. Stands clutching onto a lone star. The rest lying mortally  wounded on a vacant terrace floor somewhere far. Is this one his ma who chose to remain behind knowing her son is going to need her today? She is behaving normal. And he knows not how or why. A little overacting from her of being normal underlining the extraordinary. A little direct questioning, provoking, from him..  

Amma and buaji stand with the hands joint. Asking babua forgiveness for all the discomfort. His voice a little curt, thick with emotion. With the love he got from them the size of the place does not matter .. A simple kiss on his forehead and a gentle hand on his face.. All the elders showering him with love and blessings.. Everyone unintentionally helping him to survive.. Perhaps this touching display of love too much for her to bear for her right now so she cuts in.. Cracks a little joke.. Today of all the days she needs a little love too.. Needs one hug.. Amma is perceptive.. You are talking a bit too much.. But her daughter intervenes even before she can complete the thought.. That is exactly what he likes about me.. On some subconscious level she knew all along his likes, dislikes.. She knew him.. And something inside her instinctively knew that he knew her .. Liked her.. A lot.. Then how did it all go this fatefully wrong?

He bangs the car boot.. Noise.. Physical action.. All that emotion coursing through  him requires an outlet.. They sit in the car and a daughter waves goodbye.. Her true bidai it feels like..  Murderous look in his eyes.. Mouth still tensed.. Body held rigid.. Only energy leaving through the arm that steers his car.. Di had called.. And she prattles about everyone and how she missed them.. Diwali drive all over again.. "Aur Shyam?" he had to bring it up. But she is not taking the bait, yet. The picture in her hand.. A blissful moment captured in it.. They had danced and rabba ve had celebrated with them.. 

ASR music is back and the car has screeched to a halt.. And devi maiyaa has decided it is time.. He bangs the door and she cringes. Violence. It reached her.. Attacked her. He hurls the frame to the ground. Just like those stars.. The glass breaks.. Everything inside me breaks as I watch.. 

Drags her out.. It has been very long since he has been this aggressive.. Nasty comments storm out of him.. A whirlwind of emotions..  Don't pretend that nothing is wrong.. "koi faraq nai parta tumhe" .. It doesn't affect you.. I think his instinct tells him that something.. everything is terribly wrong.. "Shayad kuch hoga bhi nai kehne ko".. Maybe you have nothing to say.. "tum galat ho".. You know you are wrong.. This is not what he had expected.. Had that hopeful lover in him dared to dream that she would have a logical explanation and all would be right in their world? "Sad that your family and mine love you so much. But you do not deserve that love".. His words don't say it but you know he is also saying.. "Sad that I love you so much. But you don't deserve it".  He has brought it her dead parents. Crossed an unforgivable line.. And her eyes lift up.. Gone is the helpless bruised girl.. Stands in front of him the woman who threatens .. Breathes fire.. Don't dare speak one words about my babuji and amma.. Territorial.. Possessive.. Laboured breathing to withstand the onslaught of anger rising within her.. The unfairness of it all.. 

He almost sighs in relief I feel. Now they are talking. Now she is responding. He has her in the exact state he wants her. He will get his answers.. "Kaise nazarein milati ho unse?" .. "bas".. Ferocious.. Finger risen and staying that way.. Till she wretches herself out of her fury.. Swallows hard.. He doesn't move a muscle.. Waits.. She wants to go home.. But he bangs the door shut.. We do not leave this place till I get my answers.. He has waited for months.. Not anymore.. No longer..  

Drags her by her arm, ruthlessly, harshly.. Her body involuntary shudders at his nasty behaviour.. "Tum itna normally kaise behave kar sakti ho".. Voice rising in decibels .. Some physics formula could calculate how and what heights it reaches at "jaise kuch hua hi nai".. But physics isn't the answer.. Maybe chemistry? Between two people.. All the exhothermic reactions.. Explosions.. Between two people.. A pause.. And a tidal shift.. This is what is really underneath it all.. Not really in his coherent thoughts but you get a glimpse of the hope which I spoke of earlier.. "Khushi.. Mujhe explain karna zaruri nai samjha" ? Eyes boring into hers.. He knows there is an answer waiting to be heard. No anger now. Just hurt. Pain. He has laid himself bare in front of her.. Vulnerable.. 

She bravely withstood his anger, but now it's his pain and he gets his response..  So you want to know why I am quiet? Why I haven't offered an explanation about my behaviour. How dare you?.. "Agar aap humare bare mein itni ghatiya soch rakhte hai toh humein nai lagta aap humare safayi ke layak hai".. If you an think so low of me then you don't deserve an explanation from me.. 

I feel alive.. Every nerve alert.. Every muscle taut.. Expecting, anticipating, dreading, each second that plays out on the screen in front of me..  Befitting really that it is a bridge where two two shores have been destined to clash again.. 

Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IssK.

And since you've brought Iqbal here, you get another πŸ€—
Mujhe pata hai Janaab, your dil is deeper and richer than all the dariyas and samandars!

And since we're on the subject of fabulous Sufis, here is Alif Allah Chambe di Booti, one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES written by Sultan Bahu...you may have heard it...surely you have (got abused in the movie "cocktail") ...and Arif Lohar's voice...Aah!!
Soney pe suhaaga!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzHe4K_3j08[/YOUTUBE]
Credit:youtube

My favorite lines:

Jugni dig payee vich roi
She stumbled into a ditch and cried

Othe ro ro kamli hoi
She wailed madly, relentlessly

Oddi vaath naye lainda koi
There was no one who'd come asking for her

Tey kalmay binna nai mildi toi

The only way out in life is to remember the creator

oye aj and ij,

what a treat you both are to eavesdrop on.

of course, every time i do that i have to run and live in wikipedia for a year or two.

loved the jugni gana, never had heard this singer before, another gem from the other side of border. and so cute with that chimta and the smile. loved the rock look, the sheer style. and that sound... stray thought, why do i feel our ganas have the mitti they come from in their sound and feel itself... when i listen to a lot of punjabi folk things arid land comes to mind... hot winds... but when it's bhatiali and bengal, doesn't a river run through it? or is it all my imagination? auto suggestion?

ah who cares. here's to all you jugnis, that light up the thread, no matter how dark the night.

and did anyone say "othe"? hayee, that word only takes me straight to another classic ji classic, this "othe" may not be that "othe" but ohhoho classic it is phir bhi and i can hear the land the breeze, ebhrytheeeng.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDR72i9VKk[/YOUTUBE]

cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 247

"What the hell were you thinking?" They stood as if on opposite banks of a river.. The water turbulent, rising, falling, never ever meeting. 

"I didn't do it for Lavanya"..  He snarled. Shook her roughly, ASR gussa threatening to overshadow everything he has kept tightly under wraps since the revelation jo chap gay hai mann mein. "Don't lie" .. She braved his anger.. Added in her anger.. Hissed and fought back with complete ownership this time. Demanded an answer..

"Kyunki main tumhare aur Shyam ke bare mein janta hun"..  His calloused fingers clutched desperately onto her delicate slender arm. One he had marked before.. Left his harsh imprint on. This time his words leave behind a mark of their own. Beyond what the eye can see. something deep within..

The camera zooms in.. Very next frame a wide shot.. And two people stand motionless on a roof.. Affair.. The word spilling out of his mouth sounds derogatory to an extreme.. "Itna kaise gir sakti ho?" He has been thinking.. and  thinking.. Going crazy really.. How could she stoop low? Depraved action in his eyes. Didn't she stop to consider that there was an innocent wife involved whose life would be destroyed in all this? His own di. Hadn't the same happened with his ma.. He had borne the brunt of a family getting destroyed..obliviated really.. The Mallik name gone forever.. All because of a faceless nameless haunting presence of some scarlet woman.. And his ma's husband committing an unforgivable wrong.. The family that has been welcoming, taken you in as its own how could she betray them? He has been obsessing ..

And she.. She hasn't spoken a word yet.. No sound from those quivering lips.. But eyes can be as eloquent .. Before the escaping salty water can melt his resolve he has to stop it.. He has to say it out loud.. Mocking.. Goading.. "Ya right?" ..  Convince himself perhaps that the innocence is a farce. Her genuine face. However innocent she looked, from inside she was.. Does not even complete the sentence.. You know he would have chosen to say something terrible. You are thankful that he reigned in the thought. Would have caused too much devastation if voiced out.. BRILLIANTLY PUT!

"main nai chahta tha ki di ki aane wali nanhi khushi iss khushi ki wajah se bardbad ho".. Beautiful dialogue.. And so he shares with her one more catalyst that compelled him to do what he finally did.. However hard, unimaginably painful he would have still told di the dirty truth but then had come the news of a little bundle of joy.. And he had done all in his power . And a lot outside his power, come to think of it, to ensure di survives . No limits to what he can bear for his di. He could even marry a girl like Khushi for her sake. He could. So he did..
JUST THE THOUGHT THAT HE HAD THOSE ILL THOUGHTS OF KHUSHI DRAINED ME, SADDENED ME.
And now all he does is wait for 6 months to be over, to be free of this self imposed penitentiary. So that he can safely throw her out. How many times has he yelled, commanded in varying degrees of emotion. "Get out" .."I said get out".. "Now".."Meri zindagi se nikal jao" .. "Chali jao yaha se".. But has it ever been this painful? "Kyunki main tumse nafrat karta hun Khushi.." He hates her and now she knows why. They lashed out at each other and hatred and a door came in their way after the marriage. But the words he says today remain echoing.. Rising.. Escalating.. "because you don't have a character".. And underlining that he flings down those stars. Her parents soul in them. Rejecting the purest of belief that she left with him. One act that pushes out all breath from me. I can no longer process what it must have done to her.. And to him.. Always both together.. Never apart.. Damaged.. Annihilated.. Survival impossible in this moment..

She had called him characterless once and mad with anger he had whirled are around and hauled her close.. She stands stunned. Allowing the biting pain to pierce her further. He hates her. Ungrateful home wrecker that she is, he can't stand being tied to her. Characterless... A sense of violation here.. Unfairness.. A woman with high bar for morals. The love of her life taints her image with such sinful words.. Swirling..whirling..sinking in the feeling.. UFF  I FEEL HER PAIN!!!

Sometimes life reaches a point when nothing is in your control.. All you can so is step out of yourself and witness life.. A life defining moment really.. Will you break or will you gather reserves of energy you never knew you possessed to fight and claim back what is yours.. Perhaps the creators understood the momentous occasion they had reached and so decided it needed commemoration.. A new tune.. for old words.. Rabba ve.. As encased in heart break.. Love reflecting in heart ache.. No one said love was easy, but they conveniently forgot to tell us how exceptionally unbearably hard it can get.. "kyu dard hai itna tere ishq mein"..THE SAD RABBA VEY INCREDIBLE HERE IT WAS PERFECT!

His walk.. his grace.. his pursed lips.. taut face.. dark eyes.. Angry glare.. him.. Her lowered face.. Glistening tears.. Swallowing hard.. Shattered.. Agony.. Her .. I don't want to talk about the acting today.. They aren't Sanaya and Barun today.. Not the characters.. not a pair of actors, but two real life people fighting.. hurting.. Crying.. Angry..SO UNNERVING THIS SCENE.  BARUN AND SANAYA WERE PERFECT. SUCH PAIN AND ANGER SEEN.

Has she ever been this powerless? Has he ever felt this beyond her reach? She stand all alone. Stunned. No one to hold her hand . No shoulder to rest on . No one to voice concern and ask "tum thik ho?" .  All she has is a lifeless concrete terrace wall which offers silent support as she slides down it.. Drained of all life.. She cries.. BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN

We need a break to remind ourselves to start breathing again. OH YEAHMaybe he does too.. So he stands erect, feet apart.. A railing offering support here as well.. A warrior stance.. And torment etched on his face.. Facial muscles clenching involuntarily as he tries to endure the onslaught of memories. He does remember her candid beautiful confession of holi.. Her heart beats faster whenever he is near.. But then in crawls the voice of a snake to poison his sweetest memories.. Shyam loves only Khushi..  He has finally opened up to the locked away hell.. Let his anger free, but he knows instinctively something is gravely wrong.. A dupatta , vivacious and lovely, privy to their journey, flies out in an attempt to caress the tortured man.. Damn! And the palm hit the railing.. You know its pain .. His.. And hers.. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

She is back.. Normal? I think oh no Khushi! Don't brush this off.. Face it.. He stands perplexed ..  Now she talks and he stands quiet.. Watchful.. But her voice is breaking.. There is the lingering tremor you can't fail to notice.. "Kis mitti ki bani hai ye?" the voice manages to transport you right inside the confusion is his mind.. She had smiled and been talkative on the drive back home on diwali and today she does the same.. Buaji , amma finally ready with pasta for Arnav bitwa, but I find myself unable to concentrate on that today. Amma with her uncanny knack of sensing bitwa's moods asks if they had a fight. He can't stay and comfort even amma today. Stands clutching onto a lone star. The rest lying mortally  wounded on a vacant terrace floor somewhere far. Is this one his ma who chose to remain behind knowing her son is going to need her today? She is behaving normal. And he knows not how or why. A little overacting from her of being normal underlining the extraordinary. A little direct questioning, provoking, from him..  SHE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO ACT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED HOW ELSE COULD SHE FACE HIM? IT HURT TOOO MUCH.

Amma and buaji stand with the hands joint. Asking babua forgiveness for all the discomfort. His voice a little curt, thick with emotion. With the love he got from them the size of the place does not matter .. A simple kiss on his forehead and a gentle hand on his face.. All the elders showering him with love and blessings.. Everyone unintentionally helping him to survive.. Perhaps this touching display of love too much for her to bear for her right now so she cuts in.. Cracks a little joke.. Today of all the days she needs a little love too.. Needs one hug.. Amma is perceptive.. You are talking a bit too much.. But her daughter intervenes even before she can complete the thought.. That is exactly what he likes about me.. On some subconscious level she knew all along his likes, dislikes.. She knew him.. And something inside her instinctively knew that he knew her .. Liked her.. A lot.. Then how did it all go this fatefully wrong?

He bangs the car boot.. Noise.. Physical action.. All that emotion coursing through  him requires an outlet.. They sit in the car and a daughter waves goodbye.. Her true bidai it feels like..  Murderous look in his eyes.. Mouth still tensed.. Body held rigid.. Only energy leaving through the arm that steers his car.. Di had called.. And she prattles about everyone and how she missed them.. Diwali drive all over again.. "Aur Shyam?" he had to bring it up. But she is not taking the bait, yet. The picture in her hand.. A blissful moment captured in it.. They had danced and rabba ve had celebrated with them.. 

ASR music is back and the car has screeched to a halt.. And devi maiyaa has decided it is time.. He bangs the door and she cringes. Violence. It reached her.. Attacked her. He hurls the frame to the ground. Just like those stars.. The glass breaks.. Everything inside me breaks as I watch.. πŸ˜­
😭

Drags her out.. It has been very long since he has been this aggressive.. Nasty comments storm out of him.. A whirlwind of emotions..  Don't pretend that nothing is wrong.. "koi faraq nai parta tumhe" .. It doesn't affect you.. I think his instinct tells him that something.. everything is terribly wrong.. "Shayad kuch hoga bhi nai kehne ko".. Maybe you have nothing to say.. "tum galat ho".. You know you are wrong.. This is not what he had expected.. Had that hopeful lover in him dared to dream that she would have a logical explanation and all would be right in their world? "Sad that your family and mine love you so much. But you do not deserve that love".. His words don't say it but you know he is also saying.. "Sad that I love you so much. But you don't deserve it".  He has brought it her dead parents. Crossed an unforgivable line.. And her eyes lift up.. Gone is the helpless bruised girl.. Stands in front of him the woman who threatens .. Breathes fire.. Don't dare speak one words about my babuji and amma.. Territorial.. Possessive.. Laboured breathing to withstand the onslaught of anger rising within her.. The unfairness of it all.πŸ‘. 

He almost sighs in relief I feel. Now they are talking. Now she is responding. He has her in the exact state he wants her. He will get his answers.. "Kaise nazarein milati ho unse?" .. "bas".. Ferocious.. Finger risen and staying that way.. Till she wretches herself out of her fury.. Swallows hard.. He doesn't move a muscle.. Waits.. She wants to go home.. But he bangs the door shut.. We do not leave this place till I get my answers.. He has waited for months.. Not anymore.. No longer..WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!  

Drags her by her arm, ruthlessly, harshly.. Her body involuntary shudders at his nasty behaviour.. "Tum itna normally kaise behave kar sakti ho".. Voice rising in decibels .. Some physics formula could calculate how and what heights it reaches at "jaise kuch hua hi nai".. But physics isn't the answer.. Maybe chemistry? Between two people.. All the exhothermic reactions.. Explosions.. Between two people.. A pause.. And a tidal shift.. This is what is really underneath it all.. Not really in his coherent thoughts but you get a glimpse of the hope which I spoke of earlier.. "Khushi.. Mujhe explain karna zaruri nai samjha" ? Eyes boring into hers.. He knows there is an answer waiting to be heard. No anger now. Just hurt. Pain. He has laid himself bare in front of her.. Vulnerable..πŸ‘β­οΈ 

She bravely withstood his anger, but now it's his pain and he gets his response..  So you want to know why I am quiet? Why I haven't offered an explanation about my behaviour. How dare you?.. "Agar aap humare bare mein itni ghatiya soch rakhte hai toh humein nai lagta aap humare safayi ke layak hai".. If you an think so low of me then you don't deserve an explanation from me.. 

I feel alive.. Every nerve alert.. Every muscle taut.. Expecting, anticipating, dreading, each second that plays out on the screen in front of me..  Befitting really that it is a bridge where two two shores have been destined to clash again.. πŸ‘

RHEA JUST BRILLIANT LOVED EVERY SECOND FELT THEIR PAIN BUT IT WAS ABOUT TIME IT ALL CAME OUT!  MY COMMENTS IN RED THROUGH OUT.
Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

RHEA JUST BRILLIANT LOVED EVERY SECOND FELT THEIR PAIN BUT IT WAS ABOUT TIME IT ALL CAME OUT!  MY COMMENTS IN RED THROUGH OUT.

Thank you so much Cynthia πŸ˜³ .. You are so right about this in red .. exactly why she acted the way she did I think.. 

SHE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO ACT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED HOW ELSE COULD SHE FACE HIM? IT HURT TOOO MUCH.

You know for so long I wanted them to confront the truth and have everything out in the open and yet when I actually watched it was too painful. I kept having to remind myself it is ok.. these are just characters in a story.. also they will have a happy ending soon.. I know the ending yet this journey is amazing.. 

πŸ€—.. you and me we both need a hug after all that crying.. so come here you.. πŸ€—

aarwen thumbnail
Issk.. found another version of Jugni .. this time from coke studio.. faster beat to it.. but fits right in with the scenes am reading, watching, thinking about..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjaH2iuoYWE[/YOUTUBE]

aarwen thumbnail

Episode 248

So Far Away

Just once.

You could have asked me just once.  That is what they both said to each other.  Just talk to me, communicate but they were so far away...so far away from the truth both of them not believing the other. 

Just once.

That is all they had to do.  Talk.  Communicate.

They were so far away from that. 

Neither listened.

Yes, she tried, she ran around that night of Payal and Akash's wedding looking for him but fate had other plans.  OOhhh nice connection to bring back here.. No explanation to be had.  No reality to be explained.  They would be thrown together through a selfish act of his, actually he was in protection mode... he believed he was doing this for Di, but his thoughts and feelings of Khushi were crushed then.  He thought badly of her, she wanted to destroy his sister's marriage...that is what he saw.  A cheap, lowly, loose girl... πŸ‘When I was writing my take I was trying to translate what he had said to her.. these words capture it perfectly.. a girl he loved and now was crushed and now it was his turn to crush her... πŸ’”and save Di and her unborn child.

So far away...

But, it's all out now. 

The truth.

But neither will listen nor believe the other.

So sad. 

My heart felt sad.

I wanted these two to be happy but again it was not the time yet.  πŸ₯Ί

Their fate was sealed the night he forced married her.

So far away...

She explained to him Shyam's deception, playing a single bachelor, a paying guest...

Arnav's face wanting so much to believe her..

Her father fell ill, Shyam's manipulation...the engagement...

Arnav's face in shock...

Her vehement decree how she hate's this man for what he did to Anjali and her family. vehement decree..lovely choice of words..

Just once, just once if he had asked her the truth...

He asks her would she have told him.  She says of course..

He walks towards her, I was hoping he was going to hug her, but no, πŸ₯Ί in his head he pictures the terrace scene and her misconstrued words to Shyam and he sees her being hugged by that disgusting man and his face changes...

So far away from the truth.

He wouldn't believe her blindly, what does she think...why would he believe her?  He has never seen a one-handed clap...great line.  He believes himself before he believes her. 

So far away from the truth,

Arnav Singh Raizada,

That is how little you know Khushi.

But he saw it with his own eyes and heard it with his own ears. I really agree Cynthia. Sometimes I feel that what kind of a love was his if it could not withstand this test ? Unwavering faith shouldn't that be part of epic love?

Arnav Singh Raizada.

She answers him with what she said today was the truth.

He rebuts then why, just why, just once didn't you say the truth. 

Why????

He holds her face between his hands with what seems like desperation for HIS truth, the one HE WANTS TO HEAR!  oohh when he was gentle with her.. like in 247 when he asked her "why did you not feel  it important enough to explain to me?"

She removes those same hands from her face...so far away they are.

She answers him that with one word from her would destroy his sister's life; she didn't want to hurt his sister that he loves so much.

He tells her she is lying about the incident and that scene is stored in his mind.

Arnav Singh Raizada,

His next words to her are a knife to her heart and a door closing on his.  He tells her that he knows how she will not want to give up the luxury and comfort of being Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada and he will not let her or Shyam do anything to hurt his sister or her unborn child. 

He doesn't believe her or her story.

The slam of his door as he gets into the car feels like the piercing of the knife in Kushi's heart.  how well both the actors brought out this violent hurt

Arnav Singh Raizada,

The estranged newly freshened up couple is "interrogated" um, excuse me, welcomed home and bombarded with questions by the family. πŸ˜†

Arnav looks fattened up and happy?  You can cut the tense atmosphere between Khushi and Arnav with a knife. And then Shyam comes only to aggravate the condition asking about Khushi's family. The house was so quiet without you, he says and then he corrects himself by including Arnav.  I thought ASR was going to slam him. return of lethal ASR! Poor Khushi, I feel her discomfort of the situation especially because Arnav doesn't believe her.

ASR must go and work but leaves him with the dirtiest of looks while Shyam thinks he has the upper hand with that wicked smirk. again great description.. I can't stand that smirk of his.. 

Still so far away from the truth for either of these men.

Anjali tells Khushi she should go and rest.  She gives the gifts to her sister and so Payal doesn't worry she lies to her saying all went well at the Gupta house.  So sad for Khushi she doesn't confide in her sister but she still is under the pretense that Arnav can destroy her sister's marriage.  I think her relationship with Arnavji was always extremely personal two her.. earlier she could talk hours about his misdemeanor but never once acknowledged anything that really affected her.. teri meri dance, that imprint on her hand when he said sorry..

Still so far away from the truth.

He has devastated her.  How could he think so of her? She wants him to trust her.  She must prove herself.  Maybe he should talk to her family...no he may reveal the truth about their marriage for six months.

She goes to talk to Shyam who is trying to figure out how he can get ASR's signature on the legal documents. I thought this was really gullible move on her part. he never once showed signs of redemption then why expect anything from him.

She asks him to tell ASR everything... reveal the truth, right now.  Shyam realizes that Arnav must have disclosed the truth of their marriage to her.  Shyam tries to convince her to forget the past and she says she wants it all cleared that it wasn't her fault and she almost slips out how she feels about ASR.  Shyam notices and he grimaces.

Shyam wants to know what he will get in return?

He shows her documents (Will) that he wants Arnav's signature and says she needs to help him do that since Arnav will be angry at him since he made a mistake and he has to have him sign them again. She must help him like she needs his help.  She is wary, as she should be, and I guess she can't read?  πŸ˜†But Shyam has her again wrapped in his web of deception.  Boy, do I hate that man.

He is so far away from her loving him.

The title of this piece reminded me of and old folk song from 1970 by Carole King but distance doesn't necessarily mean moving away to another town, city or state but moving so far away from the heart; distancing one's self from the reality of love by hurt. that is a beautiful thought

So Far Away

http://youtu.be/Szx6JsgukS8

Beautiful Cynthia.. And what a lovely concept of presenting it almost like a ballad.. Lots of favourites and comments above.. 
I read Indi di'd write up and then yours.. such intense episodes.. am feeling all drained out really.. But the song you shared was so sweet.. and the singer even looks genuinely sweet and serene.. has calmed me down.. Thank you!

"I'd rather spend it being close to you .. 
but you are so far away.." β­οΈ
IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

This mehsoos..telepathy..rampant in our thread these days.. πŸ˜†

First a confession... I liked the 'abused' cocktail version of the song β˜ΊοΈ but this version is incomparable.. That is why wanted to understand what's being said.. Listened to it while writing my take on 247.. Have written a mini novel once I counted the words! Sitting down to edit it now..

And look what I found .. lonely helpless crying jugni.. no one came to console her.. 

Aarwen Bitiya, red in the face for a song you like? Nahiin nahiin NEBHER! Have the phuns my darling!!

Vaise i have nothing against the cocktail bhersioniya per se.
Saif Ali Khan fell for the cokestudio version badly and bought the rights of the track. But the film already had so many great songs - i like most of them (including the Yo Yo nonsensiya!). And most of them were apt and situational...they suited the tenor of the movie. But my Lohar jugni...no, it didn't...they force fitted a song as deep as that...it's the kinda song that needs to be a centerpiece not a wall hanging in the background. That is all!!

I like the parallel you draw to Khushi on the terrace. Will read aapka novella 247 soon!

😊

aarwen thumbnail

Episode 248

So Far Away

Ohh I highlighted and commented and when posting it disappeared πŸ˜• .. had to do it all over.. But it is right there

Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago