Originally posted by: mauaa

good update..πŸ‘

Thank you! 😊
mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: _BlackPearl_

Awe .. lovely !!!

Nothing as wonderful as reliving for old days memories.
It is cherished for a life time !!!

I agree! Reliving memories is priceless, especially when the memories are sweet. 😊
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishtimohabbat

I am back JiπŸ˜ƒ
Welcome back Ji! πŸ˜ƒ

Caught up with all the chapters.. and man as I was reading through the chapters.. there was a point I was singing its a love story baby just say yesss!!!!... then I was wheeling with excitement at the thought of the enactment of Jack and Rose... My heart was breezing with ' my heart will go on'

The song is an all time favourite of mine and I was planning to use it in the story but I'm not sure yet. πŸ˜ƒ
...Sooo excited with how the story will make a turn on this cruise.. but I am equally surprised that the whole herd turned up hahaa!! .. Vyan ki brewing romantic thoughts got stashed to family drama insteadπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Uh-huh! Never take anyone for granted! I'm sure Vyan is smart enough to find a way to let his thoughts brew. πŸ˜†
You know I got to admit when you said that Wired Hearts will be from Geet's pov, I felt hesitant to read on with a pinch.. Since I was in the comfort zone of reading from Maan's perspective in its prequel.. and honestly, the delicacy of emotions with which Maan had portrayed his pov I thought would lack here.. but I am so glad now!

Frankly, IOYSM was much easier to write with Maan's POV. That is the only reason why it started and ended from his eyes. I don't know how Geet's POV ended up there but this story is from her POV because Maan is in a zone where I cannot quite write his mind at the moment.
Since Maan is no more the same Maan from outer side..its Geet's turn to peel away each layer of his character with her thoughts, emotions and notions... and now I am quite comfortable with reading Geet's pov since she is practical enough to acknowledge her mistakes and move on (for now!) or rather rectify sooner or laterπŸ˜‰

Yes, that is another reason of Maan's POV being hidden. It will be a mutely for Geet to solve this time around...
Aaah❀️The bliss of Friendship.. the days of carefree madness... to reminiscent those moments with those very beloved people is true bliss... and I am happy to witness this on the very first day of the trip..
char din main kya kya hone waala hai Ji... can't wait for this epic titanic rollercoasterπŸ˜ƒ
I won't quite call it a roller coaster. Of course, it will set some things in motion but it will be too soon to say how effective this trip will be.

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishtimohabbat

Oh oh!! Bhool hi gayi!!

Aapne bohot zyaada taareed ki, of my small touching comment.. I tried my way of showing you how much I have loved your work and tried to acknowledge your efforts.. I am filled with great happiness that u felt so loved with my comment.. thank you for appreciating my small gesture..

And and .. you liked my sketch of Laal Ishq... thank you.. deeply humbled,It was a token of gratitude towards Avi and her work.. it came so naturally that I felt no efforts were required to portray my thoughts😳

It should be me thanking you for appreciating my efforts. Your words of appreciation really mean a lot! 😊

Avi is an amazing writer. Her words have the power to enclose the reader in them!
mayyo thumbnail

Thank you!
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Susegad

Sasha and Vyan were completely sidelined.πŸ˜†...kyunki...

Jahan Chaar Yaar Mil Jaayen Wahin Raat Ho Gulzar
Mehfil Rangeen Jame Dhoom Mache Daur Chale
Mast Mast Nazar Dekhe Naye Chamatkar
Jahan Chaar Yaar...

Don't underestimate them just yet. It was only the first day of the trip, after all.
By the way, I like those words! Kiske hain?
Ah memories. Misty colored memories of yesteryear's.😳
Forgetting all the games, the undercurrents, the pride, they came together.
Only with Ayush and Anaya as buffer, could these two approach some kind of normalcy.
Yes, it was greatly due to Anaya and Ayush that this happened. But don't worry, there will come a time when they won't need a buffer. πŸ˜ƒ
And why is she sneaking glances at our SBV ke dole shole?😲
Guys who are friend zoned do not draw your eyes. AHA Geet !!πŸ˜‰
Aankhon pe kiska control hota hai! πŸ˜†
But why am I feeling like this whole interlude is like the calm before the storm.

Well, I won't say a lot for now. A storm will come but it isn't so soon in the story so you don't have to worry just yet.
I just can't imagine
Waiting to see how and where this progresses from here.πŸ˜ƒ

Where this progresses, you'll know but where I'll hide, you won't know. πŸ˜†

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: paponecon

maan or vyan, th main hero in this story?lv their moments

The hero is the one who comes later, grabs all the spotlights, slowly worms his way into the hearts and sweeps the girl off her feet! Is that hint enough? 😳
KittuPratzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Maggie.

This chapter didn't ease my heart or anxiety like it did for many, it infact had multiplied it. The same happened to me the other day when he so easily flirted with her in her home. 

His peculiar character was so... different.

I know where he's coming from and that's why it makes me edgy.

A person whose feelings have been that deep, if and when retaliates, and shows that they are unaffected from there on, and if their persona is so closed with indifference, it is a sign of coldness.

And I am not sure where this coldness is taking him?

Won't our heart flutter even if we meet just a classmate of ours after that long? That one moment when he was disarmed and surprised when he first saw her, that is the precise moment I was more comfortable with him, than I am with him today.

Even today when all of them recount their good old days, why do I feel that he singles her out and ignores her entirely? 

Oh God, why am I sounding like a love sick puppy? 

Mari, what the hell are you doing to me?

I second you... 

@italic.. yep...Indifference.. 

@bold.. Thank god even u thought.. but yet again.. sometimes we just tend to give into that moment.. and have a brief convo with them ... he did ignore her... but yet again.. that single moment u can say it he just gave into situation ... not entirely though.. 

@red... πŸ˜Š *sigh* mee too.. 

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Maggie.

First of all, πŸ€—
This chapter didn't ease my heart or anxiety like it did for many, it infact had multiplied it. The same happened to me the other day when he so easily flirted with her in her home.

His peculiar character was so... different.
While the rest chose to enjoy what the superficial facades show, you chose to look beyond that. Just the thing I would expect you to do! πŸ˜ƒ
I know where he's coming from and that's why it makes me edgy.

A person whose feelings have been that deep, if and when retaliates, and shows that they are unaffected from there on, and if their persona is so closed with indifference, it is a sign of coldness.
Yes. Coldness is what floats beneath the surface of a mask of indifference. And nobody can begrudge that person of harbouring these feelings after what he had had to go through.
And I am not sure where this coldness is taking him?
Suppressed emotions never take one towards betterment.
Won't our heart flutter even if we meet just a classmate of ours after that long? That one moment when he was disarmed and surprised when he first saw her, that is the precise moment I was more comfortable with him, than I am with him today.
Honesty, writing Maan's scenes through Geet's eyes are turning out to be as difficult for me as his thought processes would be. Whenever I think of what would be in his mind at a precise moment, too many conflicting emotions take over making it hard for me to write down how his face would look to Geet...
Even today when all of them recount their good old days, why do I feel that he singles her out and ignores her entirely?
Well, she has felt no such thing yet, and seeing everything through her eyes, I can't reveal a lot about him. There is definitely a tight leash he has put on himself, which, when it breaks, will not be a pleasant thing for any of them.
Oh God, why am I sounding like a love sick puppy?
πŸ˜†
Mari, what the hell are you doing to me?
Black magic! πŸ˜†

Thanks, Shika! Thank you so much for being there for me! πŸ€—

mayyo thumbnail
**Replies begin from page 121.

26. Parred

The first activity of our second day on the cruise was exclusively ladies' time. On Mrs. Khurana's insistence, all the women headed to the spa for a nice relaxing treatment while the men were left free to do whatever they wished, and the fathers were ordered by Mrs. Khurana to look after their kids. It was not until a few hours when we headed out of the spa.

The plans for the rest of the day were different for everyone. Mrs. Khurana had found a new friend in an elderly lady she met during lunch and she was already chatting away with her before the group dispersed. Those who were left had individual plans. Ayush and Anaya were heading to the pools with their twins while Ranbir, Zara and Maan were talking among themselves about their plans with Sasha giving her opinion every few seconds. I knew Raya and Raunaq wanted to spend time together but they also did not want to leave me to myself, so when Vyan offered me to accompany him to the theatre to watch Romeo and Juliet, I quickly agreed and gave my R & R the perfect chance.

"You didn't seem to enjoy the play." Vyan voiced his thoughts when we came out of the theatre after the play ended.

"It was nice. I mean, I'm not such a big fan of Romeo and Juliet, but the play was a nice watch." I shrugged.

"Girls usually give examples of the love Romeo and Juliet had for each other, the way they died for each other and all that jazz." I could tell that he was intrigued by my interest, or the lack of it, in the legendary characters.

"I'm not the usual girl, you see." I joked and he chuckled.

"That I agree with!"

He saw the mini-golf course then and led me inside. He was fond of the game, I found out. I watched him play when he offered me to join him.

"I don't know how to." I told him when I walked up to him.

"Oh, it's easy. Hold this." He handed me the golf stick. "This way. No, from here." He corrected me by pulling my hand over to the correct point, and then left my hand.

"Okay, now look at how I do it and then try." He demonstrated and told me to try. I hit the ball with a lot more force than required. "No problem, try again." He encouraged me but I repeated the same mistake the second and the third times.

"Uh-huh!" He came closer and brought his arms around me to hold the stick over my hands. His body had completely engulfed mine as he showed me how to hit the ball just right. The position did make me feel a little odd, but he acted casually and then smoothly stepped away, asking me to try again. Giving my head a slight shake, I tried again and we spent some time playing the game, before we decided to quit.

We were walking casually around the mall, just observing everything around us.

"So, is there some special reason why you don't like Romeo and Juliet?" He spoke after a few silent seconds, picking the conversation we had left before entering the mini-golf course.

"Not really." He waited for me to continue. "I'm just not into this stuff. The idea of dying in love doesn't really appeal to me."

"So that means all the legends like this one are not on your preferred list." He was amused.

"And they are on yours. That is why you wanted to watch this play!" I was surprised by the slight reddening of his cheeks and it made me laugh that my assumption was spot-on.

"Hey, look!" Vyan stopped in front of a display board resting on an easel. "There's a ball in this restaurant tonight."

I read the open invitation to couples for the ball scheduled to be held tonight at the ballroom of one of the restaurants.

"How about we both go? We will dine at the buffet there. It's a date." His blue eyes were twinkling with excitement, and his face was alight with an eager smile.

"A date?" I thought for moment. I did not have any problem but the expectant face of Vyan made me want to be a little naughty, as he waited for my answer. I pretended to think for a longer time. "Actually..." I trailed off as if I was going to refuse and saw his smile dim a bit. It felt like he was holding his breath and it made me laugh. "I don't mind."

He released a breath and laughed slightly.

"Then a date it is!" He looked at his watch. "I'll pick you up from your room at 6, okay?"

It was only when I was back in my cabin that I realised I did not have anything to wear. I paced around the room nervously.

"I have to look good. What do I do? What do I do?" There was equal parts of anticipation and nervousness in me. I did not know what to expect from tonight, but I knew I had to dress up well. For this reason, I rushed to the shop I had noticed in the mall. It had formal dresses available, though the prices were higher than the usual.

I bought a royal blue sleeveless dress with a collared neck. It was almost calf-length and the simple dress with big silver buttons seemed like the best option to me. I did not have a lot of time since it was already four in the evening. Quickly purchasing matching accessories, I made my way to the cabin.

Just as I turned to into the passageway which led to the cabin I was staying in, I bumped into someone who was coming from the opposite direction.

"Ouch! You stupid-" A woman grumbled before turning to me.

"Sorry!" I hurriedly apologised as I saw it was Sasha.

In response, she looked at me from top to bottom and then brushed her hair back with a hand in a haughty manner. "Watch where you're going!"

The way she behaved amused me more than offending me. It was apparent in her body language that she believed herself to be a deity or something.

"Oh Maan!" She called above my shoulder in a sugary sweet voice, which was a stark contrast to the tone she had been using just moments ago. "I was just looking for you."

I turned a bit to see Maan standing a few steps behind me. His gaze met mine for a tiny moment before Sasha rushed towards him and started saying something. When Maan's eyes flickered back to me, I half smiled, shook my head and turned away to walk back to my cabin.

"Bimbo! Wonder where Maan got her from!" I mumbled.

Once back in my cabin, I pushed Sasha out of my mind and hurried to take a quick shower and wear the dress. While I was blow-drying my hair, my phone rang and I put it to speakerphone.

"Where are you, Di? I haven't seen you after lunch."

"I'm in my room. I've been to the theatre with Vyan and then we were just roaming around." I pulled my hair up and examined how it looked. Dissatisfied, I let it fall again. "What have you been up to?"

"Raunaq and I went to the bowling alley, and then he bought me lots of stuff, and then we spent some time on the deck." She was excited as she shared her day's adventures. "And now we're going to the cinema to watch a film. Raunaq wanted me to ask if you want to join us."

My hands which were running through my hair paused for a moment.

"No, uhh... I already have plans."

"Ooh! With whom?" I could almost see her wriggling her eyebrows through the phone.

"I'm going to the ball with Vyan. I was just getting ready for that."

"Oh my! Vyan, huh?" She was trying to tease. "Do you want some help dressing up?"

"No. I'm almost done."

"Take a picture and send it to me. I want to see how you look!" I rolled my eyes. Chhoti would always be the same!

I did as directed as soon as she cut the call, and instantly received a compliment as well as some advice on what kind of makeup would do.

I had just completed my look with my hair tied into a French roll and a smokey makeup when Vyan knocked on the door. With a last look at myself and with confidence that I looked presentable, if not pretty, I opened the door to see him in formals too. He looked handsome in the metallic grey vest and pants with a white shirt. It brought out his blue eyes.

"You look lovely!" He complimented me as we walked to the restaurant. I smiled a little, my cheeks darkening of their own accord.

"So do you!" I praised him back and he mock-bowed, making me giggle.

The evening with Vyan was not an uncomfortable affair at all. He was a friend, and more than that, an amazing person, and that was what shined throughout the evening. He was at his chivalrous best; holding the door open and leading me inside, pulling out the chair for me, offering to get me a drink. He made me laugh with random incidents he narrated in such a jocular manner.

"You dance pretty well." We were waltzing around the dance floor.

"Why, thank you!" He said sweetly and then continued with an air of haughtiness. "High school dance champion here."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows. "That's impressive! But tell me, did you really not find a good sport to master in instead of dance? You chose dance, seriously?"

He knew I was just pulling his leg so he played along. "Of course. I was plotting to impress the gorgeous Geet Handa with my dancing skills someday!" He winked at me and I laughed even as he twirled me around.

Dancing was fun and friendly with Vyan. He kept a casual string of conversations throughout, not letting any awkwardness settle between us even when he had his hand lightly placed on my waist and mine was on his shoulder. I really liked the fact that he seemed to know, and take care of, the limits I was comfortable with.

While I was on the dance floor with Vyan, someone caught my eye. It was Maan, leading the woman, Sasha, to the dance floor at the other corner. I took in the way his arm was holding her from the waist and the way he danced with her. She was his girlfriend, I was sure of that now. Not just a friend he had introduced her as. It made me want to laugh at how much a Don Juan he had turned into, going around with a different woman every week.

A chuckle did escape my lips and Vyan asked why I was laughing.

"Sometimes, things are funny in the way they change."

Edited by mayyo - 10 years ago