Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
**Replies from page 129.

18. A Long Forgotten Friend

"Yes, yes, yes! We are going to celebrate tonight and I don't want any arguments on that!" I looked at Raunaq. He shrugged. He knew we both would have to bow to Raya's wish of partying. Their new house had just been completely set up and they were moving into it this weekend so she wanted to party while we were both still living in the same place.

"Do I even have a say in this?" I sighed and she beamed. Raunaq disguised his laughter as a cough.

"Nope!" Raya said with triumph.

"Fine!" She squealed and hugged me.

"Yay!" She thought for a moment. "Actually, call Vyan as well. I'll ask if Ayush and Anaya can come. G already had some plans so she won't come."

"Vyan?" She nodded.

"Of course. No harm in it, right?" I thought about it and agreed as I quickly got out of the house to reach my office in time. Chhoti had taken up quite a lot of my time and I was bound to be a little late if I missed the bus.

By early evening, Vyan and I had wrapped up our work for the day. He had readily agreed to join us tonight and so we parted ways to prepare for the night out.

It was after dinner when we got out of the house.

"Who told you about this club, Raya?" I asked her when Raunaq parked the car in front of a nightclub.

"Anaya. She couldn't come but she said this was one of the best places to have some fun!" She winked and I rolled my eyes as we stepped out of the car.

Vyan was already waiting for us in the parking lot, he told me when I called him to ask where he was. I looked around and caught his eye. He was already walking towards us and I took a moment to observe him. He looked appealing in his all-black attire, his gait confident yet easy-going and his smile bright.

"Hi!" He stood in front of me and I introduced him to Raya and Raunaq. They exchanged a few pleasantries and we headed inside.

The club was indeed a happening place for it was much too crowded with people enjoying themselves; some grooving to the hep music on the dance floor which was illuminated with flashing disco lights, some chatting away seated at the round sofas on one side, and some sipping on their drinks sitting on the barstools in front of the bar at the corner.

Raya started swaying to the music just as we entered and it wasn't long before she pulled us to the dance floor too. It was fun dancing with Raya, Raunaq and Vyan for a while but I soon made myself comfortable on the tall barstool. Raya and Raunaq continued dancing but Vyan settled himself beside me and ordered a drink for himself.

"Want something?" He offered me too.

"Yeah, sure. Fruit punch, please." I told the bartender who nodded and went about his work.

"Fruit punch?" Vyan was incredulous. "No wine?"

"I don't drink." I smiled slightly as I turned to fix my eyes on the dancing crowd.

"You're looking great, by the way." I turned back to him at his voice. His eyes were appreciative as they looked at me. I was wearing a bright red sleeveless top with black fitted pants. It wasn't how I normally dressed for office.

"Thanks." I felt somebody come and stand at my other side but I ignored the person and picked my glass when a voice called from that side.

"Hi beautiful!" It was a deep husky baritone, which was deliberately made seductive. I whirled my stool to that side as a reflex and was shocked. Time stood still as I stared at his face, unable to react for a few moments.

"Maan." A whisper escaped my lips. He was standing right in front of me, his eyes fixed on me. I saw his expressions change from the playful one to surprise of recognition to something unnameable before he pulled his face into a casual half smile, as he supported himself on the countertop with his elbow perched on it.

"Why, hello!" He dragged the word. "An old friend! Finally we meet! Delighted to see you!" His offhanded voice which had a hint of a taunt in it sounded like anything but delighted to me. I blinked a couple of times to compose myself.

"Hi!" I smiled slightly at him as I saw a woman in a short dress come and stand behind him even as Maan spoke.

"I wasn't really expecting to see you here." His eyes suggestively roved around the club and then settled back at me. Before I could reply, the woman behind him called out.

"Maan." He turned to her with a smile. "What's taking you so long?"

"Nothing, baby! Just met a long forgotten friend." The woman turned to me with scrutinising eyes and looked me from head to toe before turning back to him.

"Come now." She linked her arm through his. "Everybody's waiting." Maan looked at me, smiled lopsidedly and saluted with two fingers before turning and walking away with her.

I was left in a strange silence as I averted my gaze back to the dance floor.

"So you know him." I had forgotten Vyan was still there until he spoke. It was not a question. It was a confident conclusion. "You never answered my question the other day." He reminded me what his words were linked to but I did not need a reminder. I knew I hadn't answered his question when he asked me about Maan in the restaurant almost two weeks back.

"Yeah. College friend." I didn't want to give any more explanation to him so I sipped my juice and diverted the topic to work-related issues. I needed to distract myself more than him.

Edited by mayyo - 10 years ago
Craziest_MG thumbnail
they meet !!!
Woahh

Din expect Maan to react like this
it seems he has actually changed a lot
Did i say i dont like this Maan ...lol
heycookie thumbnail
Finally!!!
Maaneet😳
loved the way maan reactd!!!😆😉
i m liking dis maan😳😳
-indu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Aah at last they met...my long time wish granted...

An unexpected surprise for geet...she recognized him instantly...even before...but maan took time...didnt expect it from him...he proposed her means...he loved or liked her...and couldn't recognize her...why...

Wait he said long forgotten friend...I don't know what to say...

Superb as usual...

priya111111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
oh my god dono ka face off hogaya and maan directly said hi to geet😲and geet tho totally shocked with his behaviour. ab aagay aur kitne jhatke milne waali hai geet ko😆
Alpha01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Finally they meet but most unexpectedly by the looks of things.  I dont think Maan realised it was Geet he was hitting on. Seems like Geet not accepting his love has had a big impact on Maan and his outlook on relationships with women. He seems to not take it seriously - the phrase once bitten twice shy comes to mind. I'm sure the other reason will be because he still hasn't gotten  over her.
Waiting for next part.
aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice
finally come face to face
Infinity. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update..
finally Maan geet meet
waiting for more..cont soon